Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Who was Brainmaster?

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 1:58:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have been reading old mafia games to see the various strategies used and I came across this member called "Brainmaster." He seemed to be an active participant in mafia games. However, everytime he posted signups for a game, only 3-4 spots seemed to be filled after which he posts "bump", "bump" a couple of times and sign-ups end. Who was he and what is the story behind it? I've seen his name thrown around by the older members quite a bit too.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 2:04:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/11/2012 1:58:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I have been reading old mafia games to see the various strategies used and I came across this member called "Brainmaster." He seemed to be an active participant in mafia games. However, everytime he posted signups for a game, only 3-4 spots seemed to be filled after which he posts "bump", "bump" a couple of times and sign-ups end. Who was he and what is the story behind it? I've seen his name thrown around by the older members quite a bit too.

From what I have gathered, he was some sort of master troll who drove the AnCaps away.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 2:42:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/11/2012 1:58:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I have been reading old mafia games to see the various strategies used and I came across this member called "Brainmaster." He seemed to be an active participant in mafia games. However, everytime he posted signups for a game, only 3-4 spots seemed to be filled after which he posts "bump", "bump" a couple of times and sign-ups end. Who was he and what is the story behind it? I've seen his name thrown around by the older members quite a bit too.

Remember back when I explained how Askbob got banned and how the AnCap exodus happened? Brainmaster was the troll that Askbob posted the picture of.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 3:01:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/11/2012 2:42:07 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 1/11/2012 1:58:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I have been reading old mafia games to see the various strategies used and I came across this member called "Brainmaster." He seemed to be an active participant in mafia games. However, everytime he posted signups for a game, only 3-4 spots seemed to be filled after which he posts "bump", "bump" a couple of times and sign-ups end. Who was he and what is the story behind it? I've seen his name thrown around by the older members quite a bit too.

Remember back when I explained how Askbob got banned and how the AnCap exodus happened? Brainmaster was the troll that Askbob posted the picture of.

Can you explain this story again? I have never heard it.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 3:01:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/11/2012 3:01:27 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/11/2012 2:42:07 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 1/11/2012 1:58:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I have been reading old mafia games to see the various strategies used and I came across this member called "Brainmaster." He seemed to be an active participant in mafia games. However, everytime he posted signups for a game, only 3-4 spots seemed to be filled after which he posts "bump", "bump" a couple of times and sign-ups end. Who was he and what is the story behind it? I've seen his name thrown around by the older members quite a bit too.

Remember back when I explained how Askbob got banned and how the AnCap exodus happened? Brainmaster was the troll that Askbob posted the picture of.

Can you explain this story again? I have never heard it.

Yeah, I wanna hear it as well.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 3:21:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/11/2012 3:01:55 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/11/2012 3:01:27 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/11/2012 2:42:07 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 1/11/2012 1:58:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I have been reading old mafia games to see the various strategies used and I came across this member called "Brainmaster." He seemed to be an active participant in mafia games. However, everytime he posted signups for a game, only 3-4 spots seemed to be filled after which he posts "bump", "bump" a couple of times and sign-ups end. Who was he and what is the story behind it? I've seen his name thrown around by the older members quite a bit too.

Remember back when I explained how Askbob got banned and how the AnCap exodus happened? Brainmaster was the troll that Askbob posted the picture of.

Can you explain this story again? I have never heard it.

Yeah, I wanna hear it as well.

Agreed.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 3:55:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
hehe
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 4:14:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/11/2012 3:55:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
hehe

Whats so funny?

*Stares at socialpink suspiciously*

FOS on socialpinko!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 5:04:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/11/2012 4:14:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/11/2012 3:55:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
hehe

Whats so funny?

*Stares at socialpink suspiciously*

FOS on socialpinko!
lol
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 6:06:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Brainmaster is confusing to analyze. He clearly wanted to actually participate but was terrible at it, similar to Izbo but in a less angry more trollish way. Brainmaster got really into mafia and tried to start a few games but he bypassed the mod list and obviously only askbob and Bluesteel can do that. So no one signed up. But he did troll a lot leading a lot of the regulars to either dismiss him off the bat in discussion or actively fight back. It got so bad that askbob posted a picture of him (I think he was like eleven), thus re-erupting the battle between askbob and Juggle. I think askbob called his house and found personal information about him as well. Juggle claimed it was a liability problem on their part. After askbob got banned (I don't remember exactly if the Brainmaster ordeal set if off) 8 or 9 other prominent members left as well. Most of them described themselves as anarcho-capitalists hence the term AnCap Exodus. Brainmaster just happened to be the troll (?) who best shows the tendencies of askbob in his response to trolls. So that's pretty much it. I don't personally think he was the worst offender trollwise but he was definitely the most vocal at the time and it brought back to light the argument between askbob's supporters and opponents on his tactics.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 8:42:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/11/2012 6:06:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Brainmaster is confusing to analyze. He clearly wanted to actually participate but was terrible at it, similar to Izbo but in a less angry more trollish way. Brainmaster got really into mafia and tried to start a few games but he bypassed the mod list and obviously only askbob and Bluesteel can do that. So no one signed up. But he did troll a lot leading a lot of the regulars to either dismiss him off the bat in discussion or actively fight back. It got so bad that askbob posted a picture of him (I think he was like eleven), thus re-erupting the battle between askbob and Juggle. I think askbob called his house and found personal information about him as well. Juggle claimed it was a liability problem on their part. After askbob got banned (I don't remember exactly if the Brainmaster ordeal set if off) 8 or 9 other prominent members left as well. Most of them described themselves as anarcho-capitalists hence the term AnCap Exodus. Brainmaster just happened to be the troll (?) who best shows the tendencies of askbob in his response to trolls. So that's pretty much it. I don't personally think he was the worst offender trollwise but he was definitely the most vocal at the time and it brought back to light the argument between askbob's supporters and opponents on his tactics.

Yeah I'm pretty sure askbob got banned specifically because of Brainmaster. I think Brainmaster was also thegodhand? He was a super troll, and I think the reason Koopin left (he kept posting the word "n1gger" repeatedly and spamming threads with it). Around that time the forums were not a fun place to be, so in addition to Koopin leaving a few other members also stopped posting and several people (including me and Cliffstamp) deactivated their accounts. THEN the ancap exodus happened. :/