Jump to topic:

STARCRAFT Dp 1

nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:51:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The war in the Koprulu Sector now seemed very clear. The Zerg has to be destroyed. The Protoss and Terran working to gather decided to declare a different kind of war against the Zerg. The special war is called mafia.

Living
1. Drafterman (Tassadar)
2. Andromeda
3. OberHerr
4. Medic
5. USM
6. socialpinko
7. Lord_Logic (why not)
8.PartamRuhem
9.Lordknukle
10. vmpire321
11. royalpaladin
12.Caps
13. Blackhawk1331
14. Viper-King

Let the battles begin!

More background.
http://starcraft.wikia.com...
http://starcraft.wikia.com...
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:57:46 PM
IT'S BEGUN.

TOOK LONG ENOUGH. lol

(I know I'm not playing)
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:01:55 PM
Okay, because I fvcked this up really badly last time I had his role, I'm gong to follow Spinko's advice on what to do. I'm the survivor. Do what you want with this information, I guess (hint - don't lynch me, because I will help you find mafia! I'm like a townie the mafia won't bother killing!). Spinko, if they lynch me, I'm blaming you. :p
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:02:45 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:01:55 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Okay, because I fvcked this up really badly last time I had his role, I'm gong to follow Spinko's advice on what to do. I'm the survivor. Do what you want with this information, I guess (hint - don't lynch me, because I will help you find mafia! I'm like a townie the mafia won't bother killing!). Spinko, if they lynch me, I'm blaming you. :p

Lynch her before we lynch the final mafia.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:03:43 PM
I won't be listing this game at this time. I'm going on vacation tomorrow so will probably only be intermittently active.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:04:16 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:02:45 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Why? I can win alongside you, I think. I'll ask nerdykiller about that. But, if I can, you have no reason to lynch me.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:04:40 PM

http://wiki.epicmafia.com...

Just for help. :P
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:05:18 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:04:16 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Why? I can win alongside you, I think. I'll ask nerdykiller about that. But, if I can, you have no reason to lynch me.
Survivor's win condition (normally) is that they win INSTEAD of the town/mafia.
Actually we do not need her around. I would say lynch her right away. She is functionally useless.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:05:27 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:03:51 PM, CAPLlock wrote:
Maybe she is fool

No. A jester ("fool" is the epicmafia equivalent) would try to get lynched. I am trying to do the opposite.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:07:14 PM
Guys, just keep in mind that we will have to kill her at some point. The mafia is certainly not going to do it until they need to do it to win.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:07:51 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:05:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Really? And how often have you played a survivor on DDO?
Actually we do not need her around. I would say lynch her right away. She is functionally useless.

Aren't you nice. Anyway, no I am not. The mafia won't bother to kill me, because they know I am not a townie power role. I'm a pro-town player that you can keep around as long as you like. What do you not get about that?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:08:21 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:04:40 PM, OberHerr wrote:

http://wiki.epicmafia.com...

Just for help. :P

I think mafiascum is a better resource but everyone should be aware that DDO is its own beast and roles conform to the Mod's wishes, not a set database. If I were to judge, would say we follow mafiascum more than epicmafia.

For one, there are no joint wins here as in epic. What I've seen with 3rd parties is that there win condition puts them in first place, above all others. But again, it varies from mod to mod. Andro can certainly check with nerdy about this, but I doubt she would tell us if she wins 1st if she survives.

It's a gambit, basically. We don't know how many mafs there are, so the idea that we lynch her before the last maf isn't fool proof. Basicaly Andro is hoping the game ends during a Day phase rather than a Night phase, robbing the mafia the chance to NK her.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:09:30 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:07:51 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I played it in Beginner 4.2. I tried to win by claiming jester and the mafia organized a mislych once they found out what my true role was.

Aren't you nice. Anyway, no I am not. The mafia won't bother to kill me, because they know I am not a townie power role. I'm a pro-town player that you can keep around as long as you like. What do you not get about that?
Lol, sorry. You steal our win if we beat the mafia. We are going to have to kill you at some point anyways . . .
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:09:57 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:07:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Guys, just keep in mind that we will have to kill her at some point. The mafia is certainly not going to do it until they need to do it to win.

If you're so certain that the mafia will have to get rid of me (which I don't even think is true, but w/e), then let them. It takes up one of their NKs that could be used on a townie. Your plan to lynch me is so scummy, because it takes up one of our lynches and frees up a mafia kill.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:10:30 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:09:57 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 1/12/2012 7:07:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

If you're so certain that the mafia will have to get rid of me (which I don't even think is true, but w/e), then let them. It takes up one of their NKs that could be used on a townie. Your plan to lynch me is so scummy, because it takes up one of our lynches and frees up a mafia kill.

Well, I guess that that is true.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:10:41 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:07:51 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I agree with you Andro, actually. You're not a threat to ether until we are close to a win condition. So no point wasting roles on you. But... also consider that we usually NL on DP1. Given a choice between NL and Lynching a non-town role who the mafia isn't going to kill anyway. Some might choose the latter.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:13:09 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:10:41 PM, drafterman wrote:
I agree with you Andro, actually. You're not a threat to ether until we are close to a win condition. So no point wasting roles on you. But... also consider that we usually NL on DP1. Given a choice between NL and Lynching a non-town role who the mafia isn't going to kill anyway. Some might choose the latter.

I know, which concerns me, but I didn't want a repeat of Andro2 in C-ACIT mafia. I don't like the odds, but I'll take them anyway.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:14:33 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:13:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I know, which concerns me, but I didn't want a repeat of Andro2 in C-ACIT mafia. I don't like the odds, but I'll take them anyway.

I think you should be given a meta-role and meta-win condition. You win if you die three times in a single game.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:16:13 PM
Just checking in. I win with town. I should say that I'm the miller to avoid any further confusion.

@Andro incident: I really don't think that it has any effect on town. The mafia won't target her, going for power roles instead, however she will help us find mafia and we will know not to lynch her for the next little while. That is, of course, all contingent on her in fact being survivor.
Royal, you are looking very scummy for trying to lynch her. She knows that she will most likely not win so she is offering up her services for town and telling us to target other people. For the near foreseeable future, it has no direct effect on town.

Did USM claim? I don't think he did.

VTL USM
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:16:23 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:14:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/12/2012 7:13:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I think you should be given a meta-role and meta-win condition. You win if you die three times in a single game.

I did this in the Tarantino game . . . not something that I am proud of.