Jump to topic:

Inheritance Mafia - Endgame

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:41:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Galbatorix was finally slain last night. The Varden won.

Ore_Ele/LDF2 - Orrin - As the King of Surda, you carry great power over the Varden. Your country has provided soldiers, money, supplies, and a way for the Varden to trade. They will need your continued assistance in the final attack on Uru'baen. Since they cannot risk losing you, you can influence one of their votes each NP. In simpler terms, you are a politician. You win with the Varden (town).

TV/BS3 - Eragon - The entire fate of Alagaesia rests in your hands. You are the only free Rider, and a great ally for the Varden. You alone give them the chance to kill Galbatorix and his black dragon, Shruikan. Galbatorix wishes for you to be brought before him and join his forces as Saphira, your dragon, is the last female dragon known to exist. When a Rider dies, so does their dragon. Galbatorix knows this and wishes to resurrect the Riders under his command, and so needs you and Saphira alive. Galbatorix won't kill you because he needs you alive. The Varden won't kill you because they need you if they want a chance at victory. As a result, you are both bulletproof and lynch proof. This leaves you free to gather your allies around you. You are the Mason. Your PM will start with Saphira and Bid'Daum. You will have the option to recruit one person each NP. If you target select members of the mafia, you will be kidnapped for the night. You may also receive night actions that have a one-time use that can be used in place of your recruit action. You win with the Varden (town).

Caveat/BS3/TV/VK - Saphira - You are the most sought after creature in Alagaesia. The Varden needs your power along with Eragon's in order to defeat Galbatorix. Galbatorix needs you because you are the last female dragon known to exist. Your egg was stolen from Galbatorix by the Varden and you hatched for Eragon. You are now bound to him in a way only a Rider and dragon can understand. If he dies, so do you. Therefore, you are bulletproof and lynch proof because both sides need you. Because of the mental link you share with Eragon, you are in the Mason PM with him. You are also a back-up vigilante. You win with the Varden (town).

BS - Angela - You are a mysterious herbalist known and respected by all. When you first met Eragon in Teirm, you read him his fortune as told by the knuckle-bones of a dragon. You can select one person every night and learn their fortune. You win with the Varden (town).

Danielle - Bid'Daum - You are the dragon that hatched to the first Rider, Eragon, during the war between the dragons and elves. You and your Rider ended the war, and founded the Dragon Riders. Since little else is known about you, you will be a Vanilla Townie. Also, since your Rider was named Eragon, you will be in the mason PM with the current Eragon. You win with the Varden (town).

Drafter - Blodgharm - You are the leader of the elves assigned to guard Eragon and Saphira. Due to your healing capabilities, you will be the doctor. You win with the Varden (town).

Viper-King/ BS2 - Wyrden - You are one of the Elves assigned to protect Eragon and Saphira. You will act as bodyguard due to that. If your target is attacked, you will die in their place. Before you die, however, Eragon will learn who you protected. You win with the Varden (town).

Royal - Arya - As an elf, you are a natural expert magic wielder and swordsman. None are your match except maybe Eragon. As a result, you have been chosen to be the vigilante for the Varden. You win with the Varden (town).

Spinko - Nolfavrell - You are a child from Eragon's hometown of Carvahall. You are too young to wield a weapon, and have no skills in magic or healing. As a result, you are a Vanilla Townie. You win with the Varden (town).

f-16 - Martin - You are a mercenary in Teirm who is hired to protect ships from pirates. You meet up with Brom and Eragon when they visit Teirm in their search for Jeod. Since you aren't involved in the fight over the future of Alagaesia, you are a Vanilla Townie. You win with the Varden (town).

LoR/IAR - Solembum - You are a mysterious creature who Eragon meets in Teirm. Your species is one of legend. Unfortunately, you only have information that may or may not help Eragon. This is what you know:

When the time comes and you need a weapon, look under the roots of the Menoa tree. Then, when all seems lost and your power is insufficient, go to the Rock of Kuthian and speak you name to open the Vault of Souls.

This information is meant for the first free Rider. It is up to you whether or not he receives it. If you should choose to share it with him, he will learn your name. You don't know what he will find in either of those locations, and you don't know the consequences of what he finds. Choose wisely. Due to your stealth, you can also watch and track one player per night. You win with the Varden (town).

Marauder - Vrael - You were the leader of the Riders before Galbatorix turned on you. You fought Galbatorix and almost won, but you hesitated with the final blow. In your weakness, he attacked. You fled to Ristvak'baen to recover. You can't risk letting one of the king's agents get to you. Therefore, anyone who tries to approach you will be slain unless they are an elf, Eragon, or Galbatorix himself. If you are lynched, the last person to vote for you who isn't immune will be slain. You win with the Varden (town).

PR/LDF 3 - Umaroth - You share a tight mental link with Vrael, your Rider. As a result, you are in a PM with him. Also, if he dies, you die. Aside from this you are a Vanilla Townie. You win with the Varden (town).

LDF - Elva - You were blessed by Eragon as a child, but that blessing turned into more of a curse. You feel the pain and suffering of all. As a result, you will receive the name of every CHARACTER that misfortune may fall upon. You can either choose to warn that player (anonymously) which will give them a one time use role, or you can warn the doctor (anonymously) who may or may not be able to help. You win with the Varden (town).
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:42:03 PM
Medic - Murtagh - You grew up in Uru'baen. After escaping, you ran across the country until ultimately meeting up with the Varden. You end up back under Galbatorix's watchful eye where Thorn hatches to you. Galbatorix proceeds to force you to swear fealty to him with your true name. You will start off as town and become mafia on DP 2 when Thorn hatches. You may become town again later. Your only unique ability is that you're bulletproof and lynch proof. For now, you win with the Varden (town).

Dninja/IAR 2 - Thorn - You will hatch to Murtagh on DP 2. Until then, you cannot speak. When you hatch, you will both be forced to serve the Empire. The is a chance you will join the Varden (town ) at a later point. You win with no one for now.

BV - Durza - You are one of the most powerful Shades to walk the land. You are a servant of Galbatorix's. You can use your mental strength to break into people's minds and take them over for one NP thus allowing you to use their role on anyone.

Andro - Shruikan - You are Galbatorix's black dragon. Stolen from your Rider by him as a hatchling, you have no joy in life. You want nothing more than to see everything burn to the ground. You will carry out the mafia's kills. You win with the Empire (mafia).

Mestari - Ra'zac - You are a servant of Galbatorix. Whenever he needs someone brought in, you do the job. You are the mafia kidnapper. You win with the Empire (mafia).

LK - Galbatorix - You are the king of the Empire. You have gathered immense strength over the years, and so can do almost anything. You're goal is simple. Destroy the Varden and re-build the Riders under your rule. You are more or less bulletproof and lynch proof. You decide whom the mafia kills. Also, you have several one shot abilities. You can kidnap one person for a NP and following DP, redirect a role, and take over a player for one DP allowing them to say only what you want them to. You can also attempt to recruit a kidnapped player every NP that there is one. Not every attempt will succeed. Different characters have a better or worse chance of being kidnapped depending on different factors. You win with the Empire (mafia).

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:45:15 PM
Mafia:
LK
Andro
Mestari
BV

Recruited:
Medic (switched back)
Dninja (switched back)
Spinko
Danielle
F-16

Town:
BS
TV
Ore_Ele
LDF
Drafter
VK
Royal
LoR/IAR
Caveat
PR
Marauder

If you guys want a list of night actions, I'll get it later. I don't have access to that computer anymore. I was able to get my brother off for 2 minutes to get the roles.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:47:03 PM
What did you guys think of this game? Was it too complicated, or should I try this kind of thing again?

Im_always_right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:52:22 PM
At 1/13/2012 3:47:03 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
What did you guys think of this game? Was it too complicated, or should I try this kind of thing again?

I think it was a fun twist.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:57:03 PM
It was a fun game but it started dragging out after the 5th or 6th dp. Town did a good job but a lot of our work came down to process of elimination rather than personality observations. I think things might have worked out differently had someone more calculating, such as logic_on_rails, been galbatorix. The roles were unique and definitely fitting with the game. I wish I had a chance to play from my original character longer, but maf wasn't letting me have that :P

I would like a list of night actions to see what exactly happened.

It was a bit complicated. I actually like the more complicated games; but maybe with less amount of immunities built in. The last few day phases became pretty pointless since galb was the only maf left but we couldn't kill him.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:57:29 PM
At 1/13/2012 3:52:22 PM, Im_always_right wrote:
At 1/13/2012 3:47:03 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

I think it was a fun twist.

Thanks. You may have a better view, though, because you weren't here when the chaos began. You came in after they had figured most of the twist out.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:58:54 PM
Looking back I thought the game was well balanced as far as roles were concerned. The only complaint I have is obviously that Medic and DN should not have been allowed to out everyone in the mafia until they were converted. Thats really unfair; imagine if we had actually been truthful to them and told them who ALL the mafia really were.

But I like that even after all the crazy sh1t that happened, we still had a chance to win the game. Our win condition was to recruit Eragon, which had a certain % chance of success based on how many townies were dead. We tried it 4 times, failing on every attempt. But at least we had a chance.

Oh yeah, it was kind of frustrating but funny, at how Lickdafoot was actually wrong in her psychology of me but ended up being right anyway. I basically told Blackhawk that my first choice of character would be Oromis, but that I would settle for Durza. So her thought that I would immediately pick a mafia character was actually wrong. But since Oromis wasnt in the game, he gave me Durza, making her right anyway. Lol.

But I guess the town played well. They had 80% of them confirmed by DP3, which was definently too much, but also deserving of credit due to good tactics.

We had been concocting all kinds of complex plans to get mislynches, such as role stealing the vig and mind controlling the investigators, yet none of them worked. But in the last 2 DP's, when we had no powers left, town just started mislynching people for no reason other than thinking that there had to be 1 mafia left. I thought that was pretty ironic.

But yeah, this was definently a fun game (although the only game so far that i've actually felt frustrated in) that worked in the theme pretty well. Full of intense moments, even though almost none of them benefited the mafia.

Anyway, good win town.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:01:36 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:00:39 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
what exactly did it take for eragon to kill galbatorix? why didn't he die np 7 when blue tried killing him?

Lol, we tried to recruit him FOUR TIMES and failed. Its only fair that he would be unable to kill Galb at least once :p
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:02:04 PM
At 1/13/2012 3:57:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
It was a fun game but it started dragging out after the 5th or 6th dp. Town did a good job but a lot of our work came down to process of elimination rather than personality observations. I think things might have worked out differently had someone more calculating, such as logic_on_rails, been galbatorix. The roles were unique and definitely fitting with the game. I wish I had a chance to play from my original character longer, but maf wasn't letting me have that :P

It was a bit complicated. I actually like the more complicated games; but maybe with less amount of immunities built in. The last few day phases became pretty pointless since galb was the only maf left but we couldn't kill him.

Less immunities is definitely something I need to do. I also can't have the potential for possibly 9 townies to be relatively confirmed or have the potential for confirmation by the second DP. Marauder/PR could confirm each other. TV/Caveat/Danielle could confirm each other. Tv could confirm the existence of Solembum meaning the player just had to character claim. TV could recruit someone. BS could investigate someone who would be obvious town. I agree that it started to drag by the end.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:04:10 PM
At 1/13/2012 3:58:54 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Looking back I thought the game was well balanced as far as roles were concerned. The only complaint I have is obviously that Medic and DN should not have been allowed to out everyone in the mafia until they were converted. Thats really unfair; imagine if we had actually been truthful to them and told them who ALL the mafia really were.

But I like that even after all the crazy sh1t that happened, we still had a chance to win the game. Our win condition was to recruit Eragon, which had a certain % chance of success based on how many townies were dead. We tried it 4 times, failing on every attempt. But at least we had a chance.

Oh yeah, it was kind of frustrating but funny, at how Lickdafoot was actually wrong in her psychology of me but ended up being right anyway. I basically told Blackhawk that my first choice of character would be Oromis, but that I would settle for Durza. So her thought that I would immediately pick a mafia character was actually wrong. But since Oromis wasnt in the game, he gave me Durza, making her right anyway. Lol.

But I guess the town played well. They had 80% of them confirmed by DP3, which was definently too much, but also deserving of credit due to good tactics.

We had been concocting all kinds of complex plans to get mislynches, such as role stealing the vig and mind controlling the investigators, yet none of them worked. But in the last 2 DP's, when we had no powers left, town just started mislynching people for no reason other than thinking that there had to be 1 mafia left. I thought that was pretty ironic.

But yeah, this was definently a fun game (although the only game so far that i've actually felt frustrated in) that worked in the theme pretty well. Full of intense moments, even though almost none of them benefited the mafia.

Anyway, good win town.

Yeah, the confirmation ability was a problem. And you guys almost got BS the last two times. the coin flip just didn't like you.

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:05:21 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:02:04 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Less immunities is definitely something I need to do. I also can't have the potential for possibly 9 townies to be relatively confirmed or have the potential for confirmation by the second DP. Marauder/PR could confirm each other. TV/Caveat/Danielle could confirm each other. Tv could confirm the existence of Solembum meaning the player just had to character claim. TV could recruit someone. BS could investigate someone who would be obvious town. I agree that it started to drag by the end.

yeah, my role could confirm people too upon being told them character claiming. those types of roles are better in small doses.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:06:07 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:00:39 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
what exactly did it take for eragon to kill galbatorix? why didn't he die np 7 when blue tried killing him?

He had to forge Brisingr, visit the Vault of Souls (not telling what's there), recruit Murtagh, then target LK when he was the last mafia. The kill didn't go through the first two time because LK's recruit shot acted as RB too once mestari died. I cut that off after two NPs because otherwise it would have kept dragging on until the recruit finally worked.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:07:40 PM
I think I may run this theme again just because of the number of characters. There will likely be a few repeats, but not too many. And it would just be a regular game. No weird win conditions.

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:08:16 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:05:21 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/13/2012 4:02:04 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

yeah, my role could confirm people too upon them character claiming. those types of roles are better in small doses.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:10:03 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:07:40 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think I may run this theme again just because of the number of characters. There will likely be a few repeats, but not too many. And it would just be a regular game. No weird win conditions.

i'd sign up.

And i'm wondering why Blackvoid didn't character claim Oromis?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:12:02 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:10:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/13/2012 4:07:40 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

i'd sign up.

And i'm wondering why Blackvoid didn't character claim Oromis?

I thought he was in the game, but that someone else had already claimed him, which was why he wasnt given to me. He is a major character after all.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:21:03 PM
I left a lot of main characters out and used a fair amount of minor characters so that any character could be used as a conceivable claim. The role would be the only challenge.

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:29:12 PM

Then it would have been unfair to us because people would have wanted us to be killed because we'd have no info to give them. I did want to hold out till recruited but DN caved under pressure, so we sang like canaries. Sad part is that if LK had simply told us who the mafia really was, and included us in the plans, we'd have stayed on your side. It sucked balls just hanging out in the side pm being expected to do whatever the master group tells us to do, and not being included in anything.

Anyway, good win town.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:34:58 PM
It was a fun game but the one thing I didn't like was having my win condition decided by other players. I wish there would have been some things that DN and I could have done to convert ourselves rather than being dependent on someone else to do it. We were in a pickle for awhile because we didn't know whether to help the mafia, or give out all the info we had to town.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:38:19 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:29:12 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Then it would have been unfair to us because people would have wanted us to be killed because we'd have no info to give them. I did want to hold out till recruited but DN caved under pressure, so we sang like canaries. Sad part is that if LK had simply told us who the mafia really was, and included us in the plans, we'd have stayed on your side. It sucked balls just hanging out in the side pm being expected to do whatever the master group tells us to do, and not being included in anything.

You couldn't have stayed if BS targeted you.

Anyway, good win town.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:43:11 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:38:19 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
You couldn't have stayed if BS targeted you.

This, plus, what were we supposed to do when we saw your fortune? Tell you everything and trust you with our lives? I mean, your fortune basically said that you would betray us and kill our GF. I think holding out info was probably the right option. If only the masons weren't all mod-confirmed, my plan to implicate Danielle might have worked :(
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:47:06 PM
Oh yeah, Blackhawk, when I asked you if Knuckle would show innocent to investigation, you said "yes and no". What exactly does that mean?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 4:52:54 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:47:06 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Oh yeah, Blackhawk, when I asked you if Knuckle would show innocent to investigation, you said "yes and no". What exactly does that mean?

BS's role was the only really investigative role other than mason. BS's wouldn't confirm affiliation by me, but some characters would be one side or another without a doubt. TV would be RB'd if he targeted a mafia. Being investigated innocent is in terms of a cop. There was no true cop, so he couldn't be investigated guilty. BS's role, however, would strongly hint he was Galbatorix, which would be the same as a guilty investigation. So while technically he couldn't be investigated to get a guilty result, an investigation could still provide enough info to guarantee his guilt.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 5:03:57 PM
At 1/13/2012 4:52:54 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

BS's role was the only really investigative role other than mason. BS's wouldn't confirm affiliation by me, but some characters would be one side or another without a doubt. TV would be RB'd if he targeted a mafia. Being investigated innocent is in terms of a cop. There was no true cop, so he couldn't be investigated guilty. BS's role, however, would strongly hint he was Galbatorix, which would be the same as a guilty investigation. So while technically he couldn't be investigated to get a guilty result, an investigation could still provide enough info to guarantee his guilt.

Hmm, well towards the second half of the game I thought that Angela was the cop. I mean, if she checked a mafia's fortune, the reuslt would probably make their guilt obvious. But I guess not.

What was the "one-shot power" that Elva would give people?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 5:15:40 PM
At 1/13/2012 5:03:57 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 1/13/2012 4:52:54 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Hmm, well towards the second half of the game I thought that Angela was the cop. I mean, if she checked a mafia's fortune, the reuslt would probably make their guilt obvious. But I guess not.

What was the "one-shot power" that Elva would give people?

To hide. That's how LDF escaped NP1. She took that one shot ability and hid. I don't think she realized that she was using the ability, though.

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:56:47 PM
I really liked the theme and the roles were very interesting. That said, I don't really consider this a classic mafia game. It didn't seem like town could lose once medic came forward and Eragon's role gave him all the info the town needed to win. It told him that murtagh needed to be converted. Saphira got vig powers if Arya died. So basically we could have 4 unkillable townies, one of whom was the vig. We could easily kill of the mafia that way. I don't really see how mafia could have become the voting majority in the game unless medic had fake claimed. So the whole game came down to me targeting him NP1 as Angela.

Thanks again royal for killing me twice in a row. It made me Eragon so that's kind of cool but still.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)