Jump to topic:

STARCRAFT Dp 2

nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:09:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"ZERG!" bellowed a bloody marine as he was ripped apart by a Hydralisk. The rest of the swarm approached the transports. The convoy that was transporting Michael Liberty was attack in the midst of the night.
The death had been gruesome.

Medic- Michael Liberty
You are the Famous Michael Liberty, a reporter. You will get random pieces of information during the NP. You win with the Town.

1. Drafterman (Tassadar)
2. Andromeda
3. OberHerr
4. Medic (DEAD)
5. USM
6. socialpinko
7. Lord_Logic (why not)
8.PartamRuhem
9.Lordknukle
10. vmpire321
11. royalpaladin
12.Caps
13. Blackhawk1331
14. Viper-King
15. f-16
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:21:42 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:17:42 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
And it's funny how Andro didn't die.

They probably rolecopped her first so that they could figure out if she was lying or not.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:25:25 PM

I'm quite happy about that, even though I don't really understand it. I was so sure I was dead.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:26:44 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:21:42 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

They probably rolecopped her first so that they could figure out if she was lying or not.

I went over this last DP - there is no reason for me to lie and say I am the survivor. I can't see why they would have done that, but I'm not complaining. :)
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:32:27 PM
Dead
1. Medic

Active Players

2. Drafterman---------------IWWTT-------Fenix
3. Andromeda---------------Not Town-----Tychus Findlay----Survivor
4. OberHerr------------------IWWTT
5. USM-----------------------IWWTT-------Horace Warfield---VANILLA
6. socialpinko----------------IWWTT
7. Lord_Logic (why not)
8.PartamRuhem-------------IWWTT
9.Lordknukle-----------------IWWTT
10. vmpire321---------------IWWTT
11. royalpaladin-------------IWWTT
12.Caps----------------------IWWTT*
13. Blackhawk1331---------IWWTT
14. Viper-King---------------IWWTT

*Torrans?
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:33:17 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:32:27 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Dead
1. Medic

Active Players

7. Lord_Logic (why not)

*Torrans?

I might have missed some stuff. Were there any role-claims in the last half of the last DP?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:42:34 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:41:29 PM, Viper-King wrote:
So did anyone get role-blocked last night? I think there is a Mafia roleblocker.

Why do you think that without knowing if anyone got RBed or not?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:42:37 PM
So did anyone get role-blocked last night? I think there is a Mafia roleblocker.

Why? Were you roleblocked?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:43:47 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:32:27 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Dead
1. Medic

Active Players

7. Lord_Logic (why not)

*Torrans?

VTL Lord Logic. PARTICIPATE!!! And character claim, if you don't mind. I don't think I've seen him post, and last phase went on for quite some time.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:44:06 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:42:37 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Can someone give a few roles? Did drafterman role-claim yet?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:50:40 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:44:06 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 1/16/2012 10:42:37 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Can someone give a few roles? Did drafterman role-claim yet?

Why are you demanding information?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 11:34:27 PM

Please tell me you are a tracker and saw someone visit me or a watcher and saw who visited me. I was roleblocked.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 11:42:54 PM
At 1/16/2012 11:34:27 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Please tell me you are a tracker and saw someone visit me or a watcher and saw who visited me. I was roleblocked.

So there is a roleblocker! Viper, you wouldn't happen to have seen who did it, would you? That would be pretty great.

By the way, Lord_Logic hasn't been online in a week. Unvote. Guess we won't be hearing from him anytime soon. :/
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 6:35:46 AM
Ok. I'm back from vacation, so I can get into this a little more indepth. So is there a concensus about this whole Andro situation? Here are my thoughts.

1. I'm not just going to take her word that she can joint win with the town. Obviously a survivor would say this. It may not matter to other people but I play to win.

2. I'm alost not just going to take her word that she is going to try and win with the town even if she can. EVERYONE plays pro-town, even the mafia. Why? Because we lynch people that don't play pro town, even if they are townies! Example: Classic Mafia we lynched HPG because HPG wasn't playing pro-town. He indicated that he would use his powers to hinder townies just because. So we lynched him.

3. If she can joint with town, she can joint with mafia, and there are situations where it would be in her best interests to joint with that mafia and that's MYLO:

At MYLO, with a survivor, there is one more townie than mafia. A mislynch loses the game. Unless we have good leads on who the mafia are, it's easier for mafia to win. Because, without good leads, the town will more likely than not No Lynch rather than risk a Mislynch and Lose (lynching a 3rd party is equivilent to a mislynch, too). No Lynching at MYLO leads to LYLO, an even worse situation.

Normally, only having one more townie than mafia is LYLO, but with a survivor, it's MYLO if the survivor chooses to vote with the town. Now, I've heard the objections: Andro doesn't know who the mafia are nor how many there are. Irrelevant. The mafia know who the mafia are and how many there are. The mafia will know when the game is at MYLO.

At that point, all the mafia has to do is come out of the closet and encourage Andro to VTNL. As stated, MYLO with a survivor is only MYLO if the survivor town-sides. It's a loss of the survivor mafia-sides. So if the mafia reveal themselves, and convince Andro to VTNL, they will VTNL too, then perform their Night Kill, and win the game.

The point is to win. Survivor is hard enough as it is, as Andro can attest to. So I'm supposed to believe that she is going to deliberately make it harder for her to win by exclusively siding with the town? Even in the situation described above? Or should I assume that she is going to do whatever she thinks she needs to do to achieve her win condition? Sorry, I'm going to assume the latter.

As the game proceeds, it is going to be harder and harder to lynch her, because it does count as a mislynch with regards to the numbers (mafia has greater voting power). So I'm going to Vote to Lynch Andro unless we get a lead on a mafia. I would be surprised if there wasn't a vigilante in this game, and I highly encourage the vigilante to take out Andro since that is a safe use of your power.

VTL Andro
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 6:38:42 AM
At 1/17/2012 6:35:46 AM, drafterman wrote:
Ok. I'm back from vacation, so I can get into this a little more indepth. So is there a concensus about this whole Andro situation? Here are my thoughts.

1. I'm not just going to take her word that she can joint win with the town. Obviously a survivor would say this. It may not matter to other people but I play to win.

2. I'm alost not just going to take her word that she is going to try and win with the town even if she can. EVERYONE plays pro-town, even the mafia. Why? Because we lynch people that don't play pro town, even if they are townies! Example: Classic Mafia we lynched HPG because HPG wasn't playing pro-town. He indicated that he would use his powers to hinder townies just because. So we lynched him.

3. If she can joint with town, she can joint with mafia, and there are situations where it would be in her best interests to joint with that mafia and that's MYLO:

At MYLO, with a survivor, there is one more townie than mafia. A mislynch loses the game. Unless we have good leads on who the mafia are, it's easier for mafia to win. Because, without good leads, the town will more likely than not No Lynch rather than risk a Mislynch and Lose (lynching a 3rd party is equivilent to a mislynch, too). No Lynching at MYLO leads to LYLO, an even worse situation.

Normally, only having one more townie than mafia is LYLO, but with a survivor, it's MYLO if the survivor chooses to vote with the town. Now, I've heard the objections: Andro doesn't know who the mafia are nor how many there are. Irrelevant. The mafia know who the mafia are and how many there are. The mafia will know when the game is at MYLO.

At that point, all the mafia has to do is come out of the closet and encourage Andro to VTNL. As stated, MYLO with a survivor is only MYLO if the survivor town-sides. It's a loss of the survivor mafia-sides. So if the mafia reveal themselves, and convince Andro to VTNL, they will VTNL too, then perform their Night Kill, and win the game.

The point is to win. Survivor is hard enough as it is, as Andro can attest to. So I'm supposed to believe that she is going to deliberately make it harder for her to win by exclusively siding with the town? Even in the situation described above? Or should I assume that she is going to do whatever she thinks she needs to do to achieve her win condition? Sorry, I'm going to assume the latter.

As the game proceeds, it is going to be harder and harder to lynch her, because it does count as a mislynch with regards to the numbers (mafia has greater voting power). So I'm going to Vote to Lynch Andro unless we get a lead on a mafia. I would be surprised if there wasn't a vigilante in this game, and I highly encourage the vigilante to take out Andro since that is a safe use of your power.

VTL Andro

Hold on. I want to hear from OberHerr first.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 6:56:08 AM
I think RP has a grudge against me....

But anyways, I'm Nova Terra.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 6:57:05 AM
At 1/17/2012 6:56:08 AM, OberHerr wrote:
I think RP has a grudge against me....

But anyways, I'm Nova Terra.

Did you visit anybody last night? We need information.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 6:57:38 AM
Good points from Drafterman. He said everything that I wanted to say but was too lazy to. Andro can replace Lord-Logic or whoever, so what is the big deal. Let's just finish this already.

VTL Andro