Mafia?

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:38:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/16/2012 10:27:34 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
What exactly is Mafia and how do you play?

Is there anyway to explain this concisely?

Sign up for the Beginner 5.3 game to receive hands-on training as to how to play.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:39:49 PM
Basically mafia games are informed minority vs. uninformed majority. The minority is called the mafia and tries to kill enough of the other players that they become the majority. They have a PM they can use to talk outside of the thread. The majority is called the town and must kill off all of the mafia. There are sometimes third parties with unique win conditions thrown into the mix, but the game is mostly focused around town vs. mafia conflict.

In most games, there are also roles. Mafiascum has a wiki that explains them fairly well, but keep in mind that DDO is not the same site and so things may be done differently here. http://mafiascum.net...

So, that's the basics of what the game is. Now onto how it's played. The game starts off in the Day Phase (DP), in which talking and Votes To Lynch (VTLs) take place. In DPs, people often try to get character claims (in themed games) and role claims (in games that have them). This is when the town tries to find the mafia, often by looking for scum tells. These are a bit tricky to list off the top of my head, but once you play few games they will be fairly obvious anyway. The DP ends when someone is lynched or when there are enough votes to not lynch (VTNL).

Then the game moves on to the night phase. In this phase, people with roles decide on their actions and the mafia decide on a kill. At this time, there is no more talking in the DP thread.

The game keeps going on like this until either the town or mafia wins.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:42:01 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:40:19 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 1/16/2012 10:34:20 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Third Post for Mafia basics.

How did I forget about that? I even helped write it! >.<
lol XD