Jump to topic:

Beginner 5.3 Camp Half Blood Mafia Endgame

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:26:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Unfortunately, the town lost even after I gave them an extra hour and a half to post their night actions.

Characters/Roles
1. OberHerr- You are PERCY JACKSON. Your strong combat abilities, absolute loyalty to your friends, and leadership skills have caused Zeus to bless you with extra skills for this game. You are the Jack-Of-All-Trades. Every night, you may use one of the following abilities (you may only use each ability once.)

a. Kill any player

b. Save any player (doctor)

d. Track any player

e. Watch any player

You win with the town.

2. Xerge- You are ANNABETH CHASE. Your excellent knife skills allow you to defeat any opponent who attempts to visit you. You are thus a PGO and you win with the town.

3. DNinja/F16 You are NICO DeANGELO. Because you are the son of Hades, you possess a certain amount of command over the dead. Thus, you may select one player to protect each night; if he or she is killed by anyone, you may "revive" him from the dead. You are the doctor and you win with the town.

4. MasterKage- You are CLARISSE LA RUE. As the daughter of Ares, you have the power to wage war with one player on each night and kill them. You are the vigilante and you win with the town.

5. Viper-King You are THALIA GRACE. You joined the Hunters of Artemis and thus have astounding tracking abilities. Every night, you may select one player and discover who he or she has visited. You win with the town.

6. Vmpire321 You are CHRIS RODRIGUEZ. Although you originally joined the Titans, you eventually returned to Camp Half-Blood after being cured of your madness. You have since provided valuable information to the camp. You are a cop and you win with Camp Half-Blood.

NOTE TO BLUESTEEL: CHRIS RODRIGUEZ IS AN PARANOID COP (all "guilty" results).

7. CapLlock- You are Rachel Elizabeth Dare. Although you are a mortal, you have the ability to see through the Mist and thus can determine an individual's true nature. You are the cop; every night you can investigate a player and determine his affiliation. You win with Camp Half-Blood.

8. JM- You are Silena Bouregard. Because you became a Titan spy, many do not trust you. However, you are good at heart and really are innocent. Upon invesigation, you will be determined to be guilty. You are therefore the Miller and you win with Camp Half-Blood.

9. ConservativePolitico- You are LUKE CASTELLAN. As the son of Hermes, you have the ability to spoil one player's actions per night. You are thus the Mafia Rolblocker and win with the Titans.

10. USM- You are ETHAN NAKAMURA. Your mother is Nemesis, a minor goddess who is enraged because the Olympians refuse to honor her. To gain honor, you risk your own life recklessly. You are thus the Yakuza. Once during the game, you may sacrifice your own life in order to convert any town-sided player to the Mafia. When you are killed, you will be revealed as a Mafia Goon. You win with the Titans.

11. Jordan56- You are an EMPOUSA. Your ability to disguise your evil nature behind your attractiveness allows you to extract your target's secrets. Once per night phase, you may stalk any player and learn his or her role. You are the Mafia Rolecop and you win with the Titans.

12. BlackVoid You are Kronos, the Titan of Time. As the most powerful supernatural Greco-Roman being, you fool all detection and affiliation tests. In addition, your varied talents make you the Mafia JOAT. Once per night phase, you can choose to use one of the following abilities (each ability may only be used once):

a. Janitor: You may hide a night-killed player's role and character from the town while gaining that information for yourself.

b. Politician: You can steal one player's vote and use it on another player.

c. Framer: You can select any player. He or she will appear guilty upon investigation.

You are the leader of the Titans.

13. Medic- You are JUNIPER, a tree nymph who has developed "attachments" to a particular satyr. You serve no useful role as a fighter, but you definitely are a good lover. Thus, you are the lover. During the first Night Phase, you may select one player to fall in love with, and a private P.M. will be established between the two of you. If that player survives until the end of the game, the two of you win instead of the normal winner. If that player is killed, then you will die as well. ONCE, when your partner is going to die, you may prevent him or her from dying. You are a third party and win with neither the town nor the mafia.

14. LordKnukle- You are KING MINOS. During the first night phase, you select two players and report them in your role P.M. If those two players are lynched during the Day Phase, you win the game instead of the normal winner during its conclusion. You are thus the LYNCHER. You are a third party player and win with neither the town nor the mafia.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:32:35 PM
Awards
1. Most Valuable Townie: MasterKage. Despite the fact that USM claimed his character, MK did not panic and did not reveal himself. Instead, he performed one of the most tactically brilliant plays that I have ever seen on this website. He fake-claimed a character and then attempted to use his vig powers to kill USM (the mafia used USM to convert medic, however, so it failed.) This plan fooled Blackvoid AND medic later on.

2. Most Valuable Mafioso: Tie with USM and Jordan56. USM did not hesitate to use his power for his team's victory even though it would prevent him from posting. In addition, he illegally caused JM to hammer himself. Jordan did a nice job researching fake claims.

3. Most Valuable 3rd Party: LordKnukle. He created a winning coalition with the mafia and would have own if not for MK's miskill on CapLlock.

4. Most Valuable Player: BlackVoid. He basically came up with a way to annihilate the town without buddying, bandwagoning, etc. He also came up with a way to SAVE LordKnukle after leading a mislynch against him. Overall, he is a fantastic player.

First Place: Mafia and Medic (who was converted in NP1)
Second Place: Town and LordKnukle
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:33:17 PM
Over so quickly? I had no idea what was going on but I figured USM and BV were mafia for wanting to lynch the miller. Although JM didn't really claim in DP1 so I may have lynched if I had the chance but that's only because I didn't know the game was at MYLO. Wish I joined earlier.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:36:39 PM
Night Actions
NP1
Medic and LK fall in love (medic's role)
LK chooses Caps and CP for his Lyncher role
Jordan rolecops LK
USM recruits Medic and dies
BlackVoid janitors Vmpire
ConPo roleblocks OberHerr
MK vigkills USM
CapLlock cops Dninja
OberHerr protects himself
vmpire cops Dninja
jm -moot
xerge-moot
Viper-King tracks medic
Dninja docs OberHerr

NightPhase 2
Jordan rolecops Kage
BV frames CapLlock
Jordan kills Viper
CapLlock cops BlackVoid
JM-moot
Xerge-moot
Viper tracks CapLlock
MasterKage kills CapLlock
Dninja protects himself
OberHerr abstains

NightPhase 3
Jordan kills MasterKage
Jordan rolecops OberHerr
BV uses poli power on OberHerr
OberHerr forfeits his night action
MasterKage abstains
F16 protects himself
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:39:00 PM
Comments
1. The mafia got VERY lucky. Medic recruited Knukle, the other third party, by accident to his lover PM, and the mafia recruited medic by accident to the Mafia PM. This was pure luck, but it permitted them to create a 5 man anti-town coalition.

2. Kage's play was just really good. I definitely learned something from it.

3. OberHerr could have used his killing power, but he forfeited his night actions.

4. CapLlock could have counterclaimed cop, but he chose not to . . .
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:39:36 PM
Please feel free to give me feedback and criticism. I am modding in the future, and I would like to create fantastic games for everyone.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:41:53 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:41:22 PM, Xerge wrote:
Well I can't say that I am not disappointed.....I guess it comes with the territory.

?

What do you mean?
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:43:53 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:41:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Well I can't say that I am not disappointed.....I guess it comes with the territory.

?

What do you mean?

Not to you Royal! LOL! This is was a nice game...
Its something else.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:46:46 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:43:53 PM, Xerge wrote:
At 1/21/2012 7:41:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

?

What do you mean?

Not to you Royal! LOL! This is was a nice game...
Its something else.

DARN YOU CAPSLOCK. IF you had CC'd cop I wouldn't have killed you.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:49:39 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:48:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Does anyone think that OberHerr's role was too powerful?

I don't think so. I think BV's role was maybe a bit too powerful, though.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:50:49 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:49:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Sorry, I meant USM's role?

Oh. I still don't think so. It just helped the mafia that I was in the mafia thread even after I died. : /
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:51:36 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:50:49 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Oh. I still don't think so. It just helped the mafia that I was in the mafia thread even after I died. : /

I meant the clause that prevented people from seeing that you had converted someone . . .
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:52:52 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:51:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/21/2012 7:50:49 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

I meant the clause that prevented people from seeing that you had converted someone . . .

Euh. Maybe a little tiny bit. I'll let somebody else weigh in.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:52:54 PM

I think USM's role was pretty powerful. I had a similar role in Danielle's Classic mafia game which I used to recruit BlackVoid into the mafia. However, the mafia in that game was less powerful than the town, there was a cult and an usurper (a different kind than in the HvV game. This usurper could actually win ABOVE the mafia if the GF was dead so the GF has an incentive to fight the usurper unlike in HvV where I was the usurper but I didn't win above the mafia).

In this game, I would say, it was quite powerful.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:54:25 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:52:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I think USM's role was pretty powerful. I had a similar role in Danielle's Classic mafia game which I used to recruit BlackVoid into the mafia. However, the mafia in that game was less powerful than the town, there was a cult and an usurper (a different kind than in the HvV game. This usurper could actually win ABOVE the mafia if the GF was dead so the GF has an incentive to fight the usurper unlike in HvV where I was the usurper but I didn't win above the mafia).

In this game, I would say, it was quite powerful.

Yeah I agree with F-16's assessment. I
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:56:01 PM
Also, I am not sure exactly what USM did but he could just claim cop or anything he wanted, get a townie lynched and then kill himself to get a confirmed townie onto the mafia team.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:59:47 PM
That was fun but I wish it was a bigger game and there were more characters that were essential such as Tyson, Jason, Grover, Piper, Leo, instead of minor characters like Silena, Juniper, King Minos, Ethan, and Empousa. Great job to BV, LK, and Medic. These three totally had me fooled it seemed like BV vs. LK so it seemed they were actually opposite. Medic gave good reasoning to LK's made-up role. Jordan played pretty pro-town too. At first, I though Medic was mafia because he seemed a little scummy on VTNLing, I tracked him and found he visited LK. When he explained himself being Mason, I dropped it. I decided to track Caps because he acted like he had power. However I died. Xerge was right! He said "Hmmm..... You both could be mafia!" Good job, Mafia. I'm wondering why Medic busted CP?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:59:52 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:56:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Also, I am not sure exactly what USM did but he could just claim cop or anything he wanted, get a townie lynched and then kill himself to get a confirmed townie onto the mafia team.

Yeah, this is all true. Do you think I should just leave it out in the future?
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:02:27 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:59:52 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

A) I think I played pretty poorly. I was pressured immediately, so that made me give a bad claim. B) Leave it out.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:02:58 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:59:52 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Of course not. Every game has a few powerful roles. You just need to recognize that the role is powerful and weaken the mafia or strengthen the town accordingly when you use it.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:07:25 PM
At 1/21/2012 7:59:47 PM, Viper-King wrote:
That was fun but I wish it was a bigger game and there were more characters that were essential such as Tyson, Jason, Grover, Piper, Leo, instead of minor characters like Silena, Juniper, King Minos, Ethan, and Empousa. Great job to BV, LK, and Medic. These three totally had me fooled it seemed like BV vs. LK so it seemed they were actually opposite. Medic gave good reasoning to LK's made-up role. Jordan played pretty pro-town too. At first, I though Medic was mafia because he seemed a little scummy on VTNLing, I tracked him and found he visited LK. When he explained himself being Mason, I dropped it. I decided to track Caps because he acted like he had power. However I died. Xerge was right! He said "Hmmm..... You both could be mafia!" Good job, Mafia. I'm wondering why Medic busted CP?

I didn't, that was just a fake guilty on CP. LK was in our mafia coalition and CP was one of the 2 that LK needed to lynch in order to meet his win condition. I came up with that guilty as a way to help him do that. You guys killed Caps so unfortunately we couldn't get LK's conditions met but we tried.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:26:36 PM
RP next time you use the lover role and give it to a guy, make sure there's a girl in the game for him to fall in love with...lol

Seriously though, I've always hated roles where people are linked, and if one dies another one dies. This is especially true for a third party role who has it's own win condition, yet no way to protect themselves, or kill anyone. I just don't like them.

I doubt that you could have foreseen what happened in this game. The 2 third parties becoming linked, and then being recruited by the mafia. There's no way you could have guessed that would happen, but I think it made the game almost unwinnable for town because of the size of our coalition. We could even afford to bus one of our own in order to help LK.

Kudos to BV for coming up with that plan, very Mestari-like.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:38:20 PM
At 1/21/2012 8:36:35 PM, MasterKage wrote:
I want thoughts on how I did, so that I can improve.

BV and F-16 can probably give you a much better analysis than I can, but you did very well in the first DP (you fooled both BV and medic). I was not pleased with the fact that you killed CapLlock for no reason; there were clearly other scummy people. It was also obvious that he had a power role based on his comments at the end.