Jump to topic:

Death Note Mafia - DP1

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:43:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10:57 PM, a fire erupted in the Tokyo city prison. It started in the kitchen, spreading into the lobby, the exit ways, and finally, the prison cells. It engulfed the enitre facility, burning everything and everyone in sight. When it was over the whole prison has been burnt to rubble, and the prisoners all dead with burns all over their bodies. Somehow the police were able to find a security feed that hadnt been destroyed, on which they observed three kitchen chefs inexplicably pouring gasoline all over the place and then throwing a burning cigarette into the petro to start the fire. The chefs didnt even move a muscle, and stood straight still as the fire spead to their area, and engulfed them with the other 2,500 prisoners. But in the aftermath of the blaze, forensic investigators are completely baffled by what they discovered. The burns from the fire were all applied post-mortem. In other words, all the prisoners simultaneously died before the fire even touched them. Further autopsies showed blockages in the arteries of all the prisoners. None of them were killed by the fire. Mere seconds before the blaze reached them, they had, in fact, all died of a heart attack.

This is latest event in a series of inexplicable deaths. Since a month ago, criminals and prisoners have all been dying all over the world from heart attacks. At first, it was only the worst of the worst. Serial killers, murder-rapists, and child molesters. More recently its spread to general murderers and some instances of brutal abusers. Over 600 high-profile criminals have died in the last month, all of heart attacks. Its become apparent that someone or something is causing this. The media calls this entity "Kira", the japanese work for Killer. Even though Kira has killed hundreds, he actually has widespread support across the world for his work in extinguishing the scum of the earth. When questioned in the mainstream media, people pretend that what Kira does is despicable and cold-hearted. But when behind the anonymity of the internet, their true support of him comes forward.

Still, the police are obligated by law to locate and arrest the one responsible. But since everyone's dying of a heart attack for no apparent reason, there's really no evidence to examine. So they hire the detective named L to find out who's killing the criminals. L is extremely secretive in his work. Very few people have seen his face, and for the most part he hides behind a computer screen and voice distorter when talking to the police. But he's also an absolute beast. He has single-handedly solved 27 cold cases during his run, has a 100% solvency rate, and boasts an IQ of 147. L has made it clear that Kira will not escape his thoughts, and that he will be in his grasp within the year. Throughout this game, L and his associates will be attempting to track down Kira and his supporters.

In the words of the Jigsaw Killer, "let the game begin".

Active players:

1. marcuscato
2. Xerge
3. Andro
4. Medic
5. Drafterman
6. F-16
7. Headphonegut
8. M.Torres
9. Lordknuckle
10. Jordan56
11. Vmpire321
12. royalpaladin
13. Blackhawk1331
14. Lickdafoot
15. PartamRuhem
16. socialpinko
17. OberHerr

9 votes to murder.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:50:44 PM
I win with the town.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 10:03:44 PM
I am going to pressure Marcus with the rationale being that we are all here and we are all active, so it is not like we need to be pressured to participate. Marcus while in a different time zone is still never active. If the time zone was the only problem, he should theoretically be making a ton of posts at night. So, Marcus is an "inactive."

VTL Marcus
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 10:04:27 PM
At 1/23/2012 10:03:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am going to pressure Marcus with the rationale being that we are all here and we are all active, so it is not like we need to be pressured to participate. Marcus while in a different time zone is still never active. If the time zone was the only problem, he should theoretically be making a ton of posts at night. So, Marcus is an "inactive."

VTL Marcus

That sounds fair to me.

VTL Marcus
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 10:30:12 PM
I win with the town.

Funny, I did a RNG and got 1 (marcus) but then my internet connection gunked up so I couldn't post.

Vtl Marcuscato
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 10:55:03 PM
VTL Marcus. I think we're at 6 votes so we shouldn't need more than 1 more vote.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 11:09:35 PM
Guys. Guys. Guys. There's no point with fricking IWWTT.

But whatever. I win with the town.

Also, as is always the case with series games, I would like to hear everyone's familiarity with the series. I am very familiar with Death Note, for example.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 11:10:52 PM
At 1/23/2012 11:09:35 PM, M.Torres wrote:

Also, as is always the case with series games, I would like to hear everyone's familiarity with the series. I am very familiar with Death Note, for example.

Quite familiar with it. I read the manga version of it, but I'm pretty sure I missed a couple chapters near the end.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 11:12:53 PM

Yeah, there is. People will go apeshit if you don't say it. :p

Join the club.

Kind of familiar. I read it, but that was a while ago and I don't remember it too well.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 11:14:31 PM
At 1/23/2012 11:12:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Do they play card games in Death Note?

... one of the many examples where we can see there's quite a challenge in reading sarcasm online. If it is sarcasm. I don't know. That's why I wrote this.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 11:16:58 PM
At 1/23/2012 11:14:31 PM, M.Torres wrote:

... one of the many examples where we can see there's quite a challenge in reading sarcasm online. If it is sarcasm. I don't know. That's why I wrote this.

Of course it was sarcasm . . . but no, I do not know anything about it.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 12:04:57 AM

I don't care if it's sarcasm I've gotta quote it.
(death note ftw)
/end posting in mafia games I'm not playing in
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 12:12:05 AM
At 1/23/2012 11:10:07 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Never heard of Death Note before.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 1:26:55 AM
Marc is usually on at this time. If he hasn't posted when I wake up tomorrow, I'll replace him. Normally I'd wait the entire dp, but he's being pressured and hasn't logged on for 18 hours anyway.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 6:39:47 AM

Not at all familiar.