Jump to topic:

Death Note Mafia - DP2

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 2:55:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Last night Oberherr was found dead in a journalist's office. Cause of death - heart attack. He seems to be the most recent Kira victim. Once again, there's no explanation for his death as his heart just gave out, despite him having no previous health complications. In the meantime, L and the rest of the police are trying to figure out what he was doing in a writer's office, which was over 100 miles away from where he lived.

Kira is satisfied with his latest victim, but he knows he has bigger fish to fry.

Rotting in the Grave:

Oberherr - You are Matsuda. You're a pretty clumsy and naive cop who tries hard, but just doesn't have the talent that other policemen have. Nevertheless, you still want to help out whenever possible, and will take on the role of protecting others to do so. Each night, you are forced to pick one player, and any negative night action that would happen to them, will happen to you instead. You win with the town.

Active Players:

1. marcuscato
2. Xerge
3. Andro
4. Medic
5. Drafterman
6. F-16
7. Headphonegut (replaced by TUF)
8. M.Torres
9. Lordknuckle
10. Jordan56
11. Vmpire321
12. royalpaladin
13. Blackhawk1331
14. Lickdafoot
15. PartamRuhem
16. socialpinko

9 votes to murder.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:03:01 PM
That is interesting. I doubt that they would try and kill Marcus as the doc/watcher would probably have been on him. I think they killed Ober out of the Blue. Does anyone have any useful investigative results?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:05:22 PM
At 1/25/2012 2:57:56 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
So, we need to find out if they targeted Ober or if they targeted Marcus and Ober got killed because he picked Marcus . . .

well, the op gives us some clues. ober likely died trying to protect someone.

Is marcus' character a journalist?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:07:48 PM
At 1/25/2012 3:03:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
That is interesting. I doubt that they would try and kill Marcus as the doc/watcher would probably have been on him. I think they killed Ober out of the Blue. Does anyone have any useful investigative results?

yeah, i agree, maf probably wouldn't have tried killing him unless marcus' theory was correct and that was the only person they could attempt to kill.

Whether or not marcus' character is a journalist would help us figure out whether or not to go through with claiming. I guess just the fact that ober died in the first place shows us that maf doesnt need char names to do kills.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:09:02 PM
At 1/25/2012 3:05:22 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
So, we need to find out if they targeted Ober or if they targeted Marcus and Ober got killed because he picked Marcus . . .

Yeah, there is no way they targeted Ober. It was definitely a result of his power.

Why else would that 100 mile bit be in there.

Also, I was thinking about the character claiming business. Spinko brought up good points last DP, but also (and I don't think anybody talked about this) can't the mafia, if they can only kill with names, target the names that have already been thrown around, like L and Near and people like that?

If that's the case, then all the mafia has to do is look up a character list.

Unless they need like the name and the player who is playing that character. But then it's odd that Ober is dead. I think that it's safe to character claim.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:09:45 PM
At 1/25/2012 3:05:22 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

No, lol. Near was an investigator - basically L's successor. The only journalist in the series I can think of is Takada. But she's more of a media reporter, like TV news, than a writing journalist if I remember correctly. She falls for L and ends up being used by him, but she's not a Kira. So if this is who it's referring to, I wouldn't know if she would be Mafia or Town.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:09:49 PM

Or they targeted someone else and Ober picked that person. More unlikely, however.

They definitely didn't target Ober though.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:51:09 PM
Just finished reading over the last day phase, so I believe I am all caught up.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:26:41 PM
Obviously the mafia is after whoever the journalist is. Whoever the journalist is, please speak up. We can have the doctor protect you. Plus you will confirm yourself among the innocents. It also eliminates one suspect off our list.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:29:11 PM
At 1/25/2012 4:26:41 PM, TUF wrote:
Obviously the mafia is after whoever the journalist is. Whoever the journalist is, please speak up. We can have the doctor protect you. Plus you will confirm yourself among the innocents. It also eliminates one suspect off our list.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:29:57 PM

I am pretty sure that the target was random . . . I doubt that they are "after" the "journalist".
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:30:36 PM
Well, depending on who the mafia is, the target may not have been random (we should examine grudge patterns), but my guess is that we should just presume randomness.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:31:38 PM
At 1/25/2012 4:29:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I am pretty sure that the target was random . . . I doubt that they are "after" the "journalist".

Either way, doesn't that make the journalist part of the town? Unless they are trying to throw us off by killing one of their own. Which I doubt...
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:31:38 PM
At 1/25/2012 4:30:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Well, depending on who the mafia is, the target may not have been random (we should examine grudge patterns), but my guess is that we should just presume randomness.

What does that mean of the theory, though? The whole name thing?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:35:25 PM
At 1/25/2012 4:31:38 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 1/25/2012 4:30:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

What does that mean of the theory, though? The whole name thing?

Marcus' theory was completely incorrect.

I apologize to everyone whom I argued with about this. I also apologize to Knukle and socialpinko for requesting that they be investigated.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:50:06 PM
Well then, let the character claiming commence.

We need to get something started, but what?

Hopefully an investigator comes out with results. I'd say let's wait a bit longer, a few hours or so, and then start talking about suspects.

I really have no suspects at this point. Everyone seems to be playing peachy. If nothing else, I would say we should pick on TUF, just cause ive NEVER seen him in a game before. But I would rather go on any sort of leads.

So share your suspects (scumtells, hunches) if you have any!
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:05:35 PM
am I allowed to say who I protected?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:07:39 PM
At 1/25/2012 5:05:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:

you can't talk, you are dead O.o

The journalist will come out themself if they feel that is the appropriate action to take.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:08:13 PM

Allowed, no. Recommended, yes.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:08:32 PM
Meh....I guess I could tell someone in private chat....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:08:55 PM
At 1/25/2012 5:07:39 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

The journalist will come out themself if they feel that is the appropriate action to take.

which they should, btw. It's not like they will be setting a target on themself, mafia already knew who they tried to kill.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:12:17 PM
At 1/25/2012 5:08:55 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/25/2012 5:07:39 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

which they should, btw. It's not like they will be setting a target on themself, mafia already knew who they tried to kill.

Sigh

Since you are my mentor, and you think that this is the correct course of action to take, I will concede that I am the journalist. I basically soft claimed this earlier (in the last page), but I will hard claim it now.

I suspect Partam because he still may be resentful of me due to the HvV game. Of course, it could also be someone like Torres who is attempting to frame Partam through WIFOM, but I see no harm in getting Partam to claim first.

VTL PartamRuhem for pressure.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:12:46 PM
Personally, I think that it seems like Oberherr was protecting somebody. The mafia would have to be batcrap stupid to simply target Oberherr because:
1. They didn't know his role so they couldn't have known that the was the protector.
2. It would have completely ruined Royal's and Marc's theory which was beneficial to mafia.

It is obvious that they targeted someone who was not Oberherr and Oberherr protected them. It seems as if it is safe to character claim now since the previous theory is out the window. Since we missed last DP, we need a lot of claims. This can either be done by mass claiming or pressuring individually. Thoughts?

Of course, there is the off chance that Royal's and Marc's theory is correct and the mafia targeted Marc or somebody else that claimed and Oberherr protected them. In that case, we are back at square one. However, this is very unlikely because it would imply a heavy anti-town bias so for now, this theory is discredited.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:13:42 PM
Can somebody give me an update of what the hell this journalist crap is?
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:14:34 PM
At 1/25/2012 5:08:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Lol isn't that agaisnt the rules
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:16:07 PM
At 1/25/2012 5:14:34 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/25/2012 5:08:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Lol isn't that agaisnt the rules

That is COMPLETELY against the rules . . .