Jump to topic:

Death Note Mafia - DP3

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:23:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Near had been patiently waiting for a very long time. He had long since been chosen to be the susccessor of L, as he was known for being cold, meticulous, and purely practical in his analysis of criminal psychology and crime scene evidence. He was waiting for his opportunity to join in the Kira investigation, knowing that his psychoanalysis would be able to find Kira's identity given the chance. Unfortunently, last night the young prodigy was found dead in his room, clutching his heart. Kira had gotten to him first.

Shortly after Marc's death, Xerge found himself stranded in a dark alley, cornered by two large men with pistols. They spoke to him:

"Boss says you dont seem to be acting like yourself, Soichiro. He's also got a feeling about the girl, but you're our priority for now. According to Boss, your attitude isnt consistent with what we normally see from you. Seems like you've turned on us and are working for Kira himself. *points guns at Xerge*. Any last words?"

"No, I've been doing my job! I have been investigating suspects!"

"Oh, really? Cause I just happened to notice whose files you were rummaging around in earlier. Of all people you could have investigated, you picked HIM??? As if HE could be Kira..."

"I...I didnt know...honestly. You know how secretive he is..."

"Whatever. We'll find out whose side you're really on once we see the evidence on your dead body. Die."

Even with his police combat training, he couldnt stand up to the two goons, and was beaten and bruised badly, before being killed by four silenced gunshots to the chest.

Meanwhile, Kira is in a state of pure enjoyment. He hasnt lost any of his associates, and three police investigators are dead. However, he is even more pleased with a certain piece of information he acquired last night, despite the fact that measures were in place to ensure he didnt find this out until much later. Hopefully the police are able to get to him before he acts on this information.

ROTTING IN THE GRAVE:

Oberherr - Matsuda - All actions bodyguard

TUF - You are Ryuk, a God of Death. Your life in the desolate wasteland of the otherworld was boring and dull; you would meaninglessly gamble and play cards with other Gods to pass the time. To make life more interesting, you decide to drop your Death Note in the human world. The Death Note's main power is stated right on the front: "Whoever person's name is written in this notebook, shall die". You wanted to see what dropping this one object in the human world would do to society and how it would impact the world. Thus, you win by surviving to the endgame, in order to see the conclusion of your experiment. Also, a prerequisite for being a Death God is being...dead. Since you're technically not even alive, you can't be killed by Death Notes and are thus bulletproof. You win with yourself.

Marcuscato - You are Near. You were raised in an orphanage specifically designed for "gifted" children. Your high level of intellectual ability and analytical skills has set you to be the successor of L, the most powerful detective in the world. In the series, you play an active role in trying to find the identity of Kira, an anonymous entity who is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of criminals across the world. As for powers, you dont appear until the second half of the series, so you're bulletproof until NP4, or when L is dead. Whichever comes first. As L's successor, if he dies, you will take up his mantle and become an every night cop. More importantly, you are the only player in the game who is able to bypass Kira's investigative nullifiers and see him as guilty. You win with the town. (P.S. His bulletproof was bypassed)

Xerge - You are Soichiro Yagami. You're the father of Light Yagami, the main character of the show. You're also an honest and respected cop, and led the Kira investigation team before having your force taken over by L. Each night, use your cop powers and investigate one person. You win with the town. (Naive)

1. Andro
2. Medic
3. Drafterman
4. F-16
5. M.Torres
6. Lordknuckle
7. Jordan56
8. Vmpire321
9. royalpaladin
10. Blackhawk1331 (replaced by Lovelife on request)
11. Lickdafoot
12. PartamRuhem
13. socialpinko

7 votes to murder.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:31:01 AM
Any investigative results?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:33:16 AM
Even with his police combat training, he couldnt stand up to the two goons, and was beaten and bruised badly, before being killed by four silenced gunshots to the chest.

Two mafia goons perhaps?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:40:15 AM
ROTTING IN THE GRAVE
Ober - Town - Matsuda - All Actions Bodyguard
TUF - 3rd Party - Ryuk - Bulletproof Survivor
Marc - Town - Near - Bulletproof/Cop
Xerge - Town - Soichiro Yagami - Navie Cop

ROLE CLAIMS
royal - "IDNLWTAAR" - ???? - Journalist

CHARACTER CLAIMS
LK - "IWWTT" - Mogi

AFFILIATION CLAIMS
F-16 - "IWWTT"
lovelife (blackhawk) - "IWWTT"
Andro - "IWWTT"
vmpire - "IWWTT"
medic - "IWWTT"
LDF - "IWWTT"
Jordan - "IWWTT"
Torres - "IWWTT"
PR - "IWWTT"
drafter - "IWWTT"

NO CLAIM
socialpinko (?)

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Not Voting: royal, lk, f16, lovelife, andro, vmpire, medic, ldf, jordan, torres, pr, drafter
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:58:44 AM
I won't be here for most of the day and will check back this evening. Right now, unless someone has investigative results, I am going to "random" pressure Lickdafoot. My theory is that mods like putting both of us on opposing teams. Since I am town, my guess in Lickdafoot is mafia.

VTL Lickdafoot
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:02:50 AM
Also, she hasn't really done anything Pro-town so far. She pushed for Marcus's claim in DP1, and has been lying really low the entire game and equivocating a lot rather than being aggressive at finding mafia and analyzing behaviours of other players which is her usual town tell which I don't see now.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:12:06 AM
Checking in, I win with the town.

Not much to go on right now, I didn't read DP2, I'll see what's going on in a while tho.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:26:06 AM
At 1/27/2012 10:58:44 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I won't be here for most of the day and will check back this evening. Right now, unless someone has investigative results, I am going to "random" pressure Lickdafoot. My theory is that mods like putting both of us on opposing teams. Since I am town, my guess in Lickdafoot is mafia.

VTL Lickdafoot

I'm not entirely sure if that's a very good theory. Some of the advice given to mods is to specifically not do that (with danielle and bs, but I'm sure it holds true for any two players)

(Just wanted to add something of value before it got too busy to catch up, lol)

However there is nothing better to go on (as far as I can tell) so I'll add pressure vtl LDF
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:35:51 AM
At 1/27/2012 11:02:50 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Also, she hasn't really done anything Pro-town so far. She pushed for Marcus's claim in DP1, and has been lying really low the entire game and equivocating a lot rather than being aggressive at finding mafia and analyzing behaviours of other players which is her usual town tell which I don't see now.

well, for half of the second day period i wasn't online. up to that point, i was fishing for scum but of course theres not much to go on in the beginning of the game.

Anyway, would this theme have a cult? I find it odd that xerge was killed by two bullies.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:57:57 AM
At 1/27/2012 11:35:51 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

well, for half of the second day period i wasn't online. up to that point, i was fishing for scum but of course theres not much to go on in the beginning of the game.

Anyway, would this theme have a cult? I find it odd that xerge was killed by two bullies.

My best guess would be two mafia goons because I don't find it possible that a third part and a mafia would cooperate. Of course, that would mean that the mafia is rather weak and therefore so is town.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:02:08 PM
At 1/27/2012 11:57:57 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

My best guess would be two mafia goons because I don't find it possible that a third part and a mafia would cooperate. Of course, that would mean that the mafia is rather weak and therefore so is town.

well then why were there two kills last night
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:05:08 PM
At 1/27/2012 12:02:08 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/27/2012 11:57:57 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

well then why were there two kills last night

Mafia and VIG, probably. VIG is a quite common role.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:12:04 PM
At 1/27/2012 12:01:02 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
okay, i'll go ahead and claim. i'm watari.

Watari....wish I knew who that was haha. I'm going to wiki him like it's nobody's business....

IN the meantime, I feel like we should get a character out of Jordan. Town is in a crap position right now, and I don't want a repeat of the starcraft game. Jordan is a newb and only really posts to vtl and what-not.

VTL Jordan
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:14:04 PM
Both games aren't moving along very fast right now.

VTL Jordan

ROTTING IN THE GRAVE
Ober - Town - Matsuda - All Actions Bodyguard
TUF - 3rd Party - Ryuk - Bulletproof Survivor
Marc - Town - Near - Bulletproof/Cop
Xerge - Town - Soichiro Yagami - Naive Cop

ROLE CLAIMS
royal - "IDNLWTAAR" - ???? - Journalist

CHARACTER CLAIMS
LK - "IWWTT" - Mogi
LDF - "IWWTT" - Watari

AFFILIATION CLAIMS
F-16 - "IWWTT"
lovelife (blackhawk) - "IWWTT"
Andro - "IWWTT"
vmpire - "IWWTT"
medic - "IWWTT"
Jordan - "IWWTT"
Torres - "IWWTT"
PR - "IWWTT"
drafter - "IWWTT"

NO CLAIM
socialpinko (?)

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT
LDF - 3/7 - F16, lovelife, Jordan
Jordan - 2/7 - PartamRuhem, drafterman

Not Voting: royal, lk, andro, vmpire, medic, ldf, torres
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:14:11 PM

Doesn't seem like a very important character but it seems as if he would have a rather important role.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:20:32 PM
At 1/27/2012 12:14:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Doesn't seem like a very important character but it seems as if he would have a rather important role.

Yeah, after reading a little about him, I could come up with a couple town roles that go with it.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:24:05 PM
Unvote VTL Jordan.

Don't stall the game.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:46:56 PM
I'll also add pressure, again, lol.

unvote vtl jordan
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:47:43 PM
UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT
LDF - 1/7 - F16
Jordan - 5/7 - PartamRuhem, drafterman, lk, ldf, lovelife

Not Voting: royal, andro, vmpire, medic, torres, jordan

L-2 is close enough.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:49:16 PM
This lack of an answer on his part is really showing, at least to me, that he doesn't know what to claim yet and is stalling for time, or asking for advice.

Or he went to take a dump and left his screen up.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:50:22 PM
At 1/27/2012 12:49:16 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
This lack of an answer on his part is really showing, at least to me, that he doesn't know what to claim yet and is stalling for time, or asking for advice.

I was just waiting for more pressure, but ill go ahead and claim. Im Mello
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:57:22 PM
At 1/27/2012 12:50:22 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 1/27/2012 12:49:16 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

I was just waiting for more pressure, but ill go ahead and claim. Im Mello

Ok then....from what I read Mello is kinda mean...I mean, he did kidnap a couple people or something....

So how do we know your not the mafia kidnapper? It would fit well. Or you could be a third party or something. It even says in the wiki he joins the mafia.