Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:43:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
ENDGAME

Mafia wins with 2 mafia and 2 townies!

1st place: Mafia

Blackhawk1331 - You are Frank Nunn, a player in the conspiracy that killed Adrian Monk's wife. You have contacts that make car bombs, which can be used to your advantage. On any Night, you can order a car bomb placed on any other player's car. Then, at any time, Day or Night, you may remotely detonate the explosive, killing your target. However, this can happen ONCE and ONLY ONCE. As well, you are the ninja of the Mafia; this means that you are immune to the investigations of any role that may want to know what you're doing at Night...

You win with the Mafia.

Xerge - You are Warrick Tennyson, a player in the conspiracy that killed Adrian Monk's wife. Because you were merely hired to build the bomb that killed her, you are nothing more than a goon, and have no special powers.

You win with the Mafia.

Royalpaladin - You are Dale "The Whale" Biederbeck, a player in the conspiracy that killed Adrian Monk's wife. Though you are both imprisoned in your morbidly obese body as well as your prison cell, you have contacts on the outside through which you can use your influence. Every Night, you may choose to select ONE and ONLY ONE other player to control their vote the next Day. Also due to your connections, TWICE and ONLY TWICE in the game, you may stop a person from using their role.

You win with the Mafia.

Medic0506 - You are Judge Ethan Rickover, a player in the conspiracy that killed Adrian Monk's wife. Due to your high standing in the community as a judge, no one suspects your guilt: upon investigation, you appear innocent.

You win with the Mafia.

2nd place: Town

Andromeda_Z - You are Julie Teeger. Because you are only a child, the Town knows of your innocence. At any point throughout the game, you may send me, the Mod, a message telling me to reveal your innocence to the Town. However, this will only happen ONCE, and only when you have specifically told me to do so.

You win with the Town (San Francisco).

Headphonegut - You are Harold Krenshaw, a fellow OCD sufferer and nemesis to Adrian Monk. Due to your irrational rivalry, you only want to see Adrian fail miserably. However, there is a possibility that you will be cured, turning you into a townie. Until then...

You win if Adrian Monk is dead when the game ends. (Won with Town as Vig after Night 5)

UnStupendousMan - You are Dr. Neven Bell, a skilled San Franciscan therapist. One of your patients, Harold Krenshaw, is currently third-party; but you have the ability to make him a townie. Every Night, you may choose to select ONE and only ONE other player. If that player is him, then you will cure him, making him a townie. As well, your medical prowess allows you to protect ONE and ONLY ONE other player from harm every Night.

Lickdafoot - You are Cpt. Leland Stottlemeyer of the San Francisco Police Department. You have the greatest combination of skill and mental composure of the SFPD—thus, you have an array of abilities. Every Night, you may either choose to investigate ONE and ONLY ONE other player, to determine their guilt or innocence. As well, ONCE and ONLY ONCE in the game (at Night), you may choose to make someone bulletproof (immune to nightkills for the Night), or to kill another player.

Im_always_right/lovelife - You are Natalie Teeger, assistant to Adrian Monk. Your job is to make sure another player in the game maintains a special power. How do you do this? By not dying! Upon your death, this player's special ability will die with you.

You win with the Town (San Fransisco)

F-16_Fighting_Falcon - You are Adrian Monk, special consultant to the San Francisco Police Department. You are a truly good investigator, with a keen sense of who is lying, and who tells the truth. Every Night, you may select ONE and only ONE statement to examine to see if it's truthful. As well, you have the ability to use the full extent of your powers: investigating a dead body to find out everyone that targeted him/her—here's the caveat: you may not use these powers consecutively. Unfortunately, due to your many phobias, namely fear of germs, you need this power (to investigate dead bodies) to remain unlocked (it currently is) through a certain someone...

Viper-King - You are Trudy "TK" Jensen, fiancee to Cpt. Leland Stottlemeyer. Because you are his girlfriend, you desire to be with him while he is at work. Every Night, you may choose to select ONE and only ONE other player. If that player is Stottlemeyer, a chat will be set up between you for the remainder of the game.

CAPLlock/LDF2 - You are Kevin Dorfman, Monk's friendly but intrusive upstairs neighbor. Due to your pleasant and friendly misdemeanor, you are able to allow people to stay safe in your apartment. Every Night, you may select ONE and only ONE person to protect in your apartment. Any action taken against them will have a 50% chance of failing. However, on the flip side, any action taken BY your target will also have a 50% chance of failing.

Socialpinko - You are Jack Monk, Jr, Monk's stepbrother. Unfortunately, due to your history of being a con artist, and not much else, you don't have a lot to offer to the Town—therefore, you have no powers. Even worse, though is that even Adrian Monk suspects you of being guilty. On investigation, you will show up guilty.

3rd place

Lordknukle - You are Marci Maven, an obsessed fan of Adrian Monk. You love that Obsessive Compulsive Detective with all your heart, and so...

You win if Adrian Monk is alive when the game ends.

-All votecount titles taken from Shakespeare
-Night actions will be up...sometime.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:48:54 PM
DKSJFJIRHJF.

That is all i can say right now.

Good game mafia.

I always end up thinking medic is innocent. what is with that? I suspected him np 1 (i copped him that night) and then died, i was suspecting him for a while but then somehow he won me over. Even after he convinced me on dp 6 to focus on hpg rather than royal.

Blargh. I am so frustrated after the last dp.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:51:03 PM
At 1/27/2012 9:45:48 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
F-CK! I had EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BY DP2!

I protected you the night that you died, but I was either role-blocked or DeNinja didn't notice. : /

Good Game, mafia.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:52:08 PM
I am still pissed at town. Obvious Mafia: Medic. I LD'd BH, nearly lynched Xerge, and suspected Medic and Royal and no one else. I really thought town had this in the bag. I don't know how we ended up losing. I thought mafia made a stupid move killing me when I was watched, but it ended up being a smart move.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:54:55 PM
I was so fricken close. Of course RP was lying!!!!! Also I already role-claimed and I flipping told u guys about the poli thing. Good job RP...... You managed to convince one townie to kill me without listening to me.. Overall RP did a great job....
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:03:10 PM
Good game everyone. That's the first time I've ever lurk-hammered and I was hoping Spinko wouldn't unvote before I got the hammer down. I actually didn't think LDF or Spinko would buy that tracker result but was pleasantly surprised.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:07:06 PM
Good game you guys. Argh. I would have so had you. I knew Xerge was mafia and when Medic defended him, I figured Medic was mafia as well. How didn't he follow Xerge to the grave? Royal, didn't suspect you as much but I knew something was off when you got so excited about getting my character claim. Damn you, guys. Good job though. I'm still wondering how the hell we lost.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:07:52 PM
At 1/27/2012 10:07:06 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Good game you guys. Argh. I would have so had you. I knew Xerge was mafia and when Medic defended him, I figured Medic was mafia as well. How didn't he follow Xerge to the grave? Royal, didn't suspect you as much but I knew something was off when you got so excited about getting my character claim. Damn you, guys. Good job though. I'm still wondering how the hell we lost.

Just accept it: medic, Xerge, and I are boss.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:09:52 PM
oh, nm, it was if i could have blocked royal.

i tried blocking her.

medic must have carried out the kill np 4. i tried blocking him thinking he was mafia, but when i saw there was no kill, for some reason i didnt think blocks would work on night kills and it made me think mafia tried killing him and i protected him (cause my role was 50% block, 50% protect)

Heres to not confirming my role well enough with the mod >_<
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:10:36 PM
At 1/27/2012 10:07:52 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Just curious, why did you risk killing me even though I asked for the watcher on me? It was pretty much a one for one deal that only benefited the town.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:11:08 PM
Dang, i picked right. Had my block gone through, it would have went on to another dp and town could have won >_<

STUPID RNG
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:12:22 PM
At 1/27/2012 10:10:36 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Just curious, why did you risk killing me even though I asked for the watcher on me? It was pretty much a one for one deal that only benefited the town.

You are a good player, F-16. With the abilities you had, we had no choice.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:19:23 PM

Xerge was already basically confirmed as mafia, so we had him kill you.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:21:25 PM
At 1/27/2012 10:19:23 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

What Royal said also..LOL! This game was composed of good players...but Adrian Monk was a thorn on our side.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:23:54 PM
At 1/27/2012 10:21:25 PM, Xerge wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:19:23 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

What Royal said also..LOL! This game was composed of good players...but Adrian Monk was a thorn on our side.

Yeah, being the protagonist has its downsides. You get killed ASAP. I shouldn't have character claimed. You guys did a good job getting me to claim just out of sheer frustration, haha.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 12:11:39 AM
DP1: No lynch
DP2: Mafia lynch
DP3: No lynch
DP4: Mafia lynch
DP5: Third party lynch
DP6: Third party lynch (I'm counting HPG as third party basically)
DP7: Mislynch

That's what sucks about third parties. They technically count as mislynches, yet if town needs to take first place, third parties need to be lynched. In this case, 2 no lynches, and one townie lynch lost the game which didn't leave any room for error. I think the mafia were underpowered and did well but having third parties threw the town off.