Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:39:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
MAFIA WIN

Mafia are DRAFTERMAN, BLACKVOID, LOGIC_ON_RAILS, VMPIRE, LORDKNUKLE

Mafia Roles (5 mafia total):

1) Mafia Leader: Drafterman, you are the Sukhoi PAK FA. You are a Russian Stealth fighter. You are difficult to detect. For this reason, you can choose one of your kill's character and role to not be announced to the town until your death. It will only be given to the mafia. (You are a one-shot janitor.) Due to your advanced stealth characteristics, you cannot be tracked or watched. Therefore you are the Ninja. You are also the mafia leader and decide all the mafia's night kills. You win with the mafia.

2) JOAT: BlackVoid, you are the Sukhoi Su-35, a supermaneuverable fighter able to perform almost all combat operations. Your flexibility and multipurpose role is unparalled and makes you one of the most devastatingly powerful aircraft in existence and gives you five 1 shot powers. They are:

1X Lawyer: Choose a target they will show up innocent to investigations

1X Framer: Choose a target they will show up guilty to investigations

1X Bus Driver: Choose two targets. All actions performed on the two targets will be swapped

1X Dodger: Choose a player. You will avoid all of that player's night actions for that night

1X Bad Weather: Once during a game, use this power to delay all investigative results by 1 night phase

You win with the mafia.

3) Role Cop: Logic_on_Rails, you are the MilMi-28, an all weather attack helicopter. You are the role cop. Each night, choose a player and their role will be revealed to you. Your all-weather nature allows you to get results regardless of the weather conditions. Your sleek design allows you to appear innocent to investigations. You win with the mafia.

4) Lookout: Vmpire, you are the Beriev A50. You are part of the Russian Airborne early warning and Control system. This enables you to be on the lookout for enemy aircraft. Each night, choose a player and find out who visited that player. You win with the mafia.

5) Role-blocker: LordKnuckle, you are the Mikoyan MiG-31, a supersonic interceptor aircraft. You are designed specifically to prevent missions of enemy aircraft. You are the role-blocker. Each night choose a player. They will be unable to use their role (active abilities only) for that night. Once during the game, you can damage the enemy so effectively that they will be permanently unable to use their role. Hence you are a 1X Tree Stumper. You can use this once during the game, INSTEAD of a role-block. You win with the mafia.

Town roles (12 town total)

1) Medic0506: you are the Cessna 150. You are the perfect aircraft for new pilots to train with and learn the basics. Each night, target a player. If you target the right player, that players will learn the ropes, and be able to use their role effectively. Beware though, for if you target scum, they may gain powers too. You win with the town.

Mod notes:
- Will make naive tracker normal if targetted
- Will give the vanilla (Predator) a one-shot SENSOR power if targeted
- May give mafia various powers if targetted

2) ViperKing, you are the Bell UH-1 Iroquois. You are versatile helicopter that was the workhorse for the US Military during the Vietnam war. You used to be able to perform a variety of functions such as saving wounded troops, and surveillance. As time passed however, other aircraft have surpassed you in abilities and features. You are the Jack of All Trades with 4 one-shot abilities.
1X Silencer,
1X Frame,
1X Lawyer,
1X Protect (anyone but yourself).
You win with the town.

3) Royal, you are the Northrop Grumman E-2A Hawkeye. You are an airborne early warning aircraft. This enables you to track a player each night and find out who they visited. You however are not free of defects. You win with the town.
Mod notes:
- Naive tracker. Will always get no result
- Will turn normal if targeted by the trainer

4) Oberherr, you are the Eurocopter EC135. You are a civil helicopter used primarily for police work. You are the cop and can investigate one player each night to find them innocent or guilty. You win with the town.

5) Lovelife you are Bell OH-58 Kiowa, an observation helicopter. You are primarily used for reconnaissance and support of ground troops. On odd nights, you can choose to track a player and find out who they visited. On even nights, you can choose to watch a player and find out who visited them. You win with the town.

6) OberHerr2, you are the General Atomics MQ-1 Predator. You are an Unmanned Ariel Vehicle that carries cameras and other sensors but not people. You are less useful than manned aircraft. Therefore you are a vanilla. You win with the town. (Lynched DP4)
Mod notes:
- Yes this role *could* have been powerful if targeted by the trainer.
- Gains a one-shot sensor power if targeted.
- The word "sensor" was a clue.

7) SocialPinko, you are the Boeing F-15 Eagle. You are an all-weather multi-role air superiority fighter and are extremely successful in Aerial combat. You can perform surveillance, air defense, and reconnaissance. Your all-weather nature allows you to perform your action regardless of the weather conditions. You have four one-shot abilities:
1X Aeriel defense: Choose a player and a target. If certain negative actions such as roleblocks were performed on that player, those actions will be redirected to your target instead. This does not work for kills (except reflexive kills).
1X Reconnaissance: find out what action a player performed and who they performed it on
1X Surveillance: choose a player and find out who visited them as well what actions were performed on them.
1X Investigate: Choose a player and investigate them innocent or guilty
(Killed NP5)

8) Ore_Ele, you are GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb (MOAB) colloquially known as the Mother of All Bombs. You are the most powerful non-nuclear weapon ever designed during the time of your development. You are the beloved bomb. If killed during the night, you kill your killer as well as ANY OTHER PLAYER that visited you that night. If killed due to scum actions at night, a night phase is lost, if killed due to town actions at night, a day phase is lost. If you are lynched, a day phase is lost. If you are lynched, you can choose to kill a player on your lynch wagon or choose to not kill. You win with the town.
(Killed NP5)

9) Xerge, you are the Antonov An-26. You are a military transport aircraft designed and produced in the USSR. Because your design is that of a Soviet Aircraft, you appear guilty to investigation. You are the miller. You win with the town.

10) PartamRuhem, you are the Boeing ScanEagle. You are an inexpensive, small, and fairly useless unmanned aerial vehicle. You are a vanilla. You win with the town.

11) Lickdafoot, you are the Boeing CH-47 Chinook, a heavy-lift cargo helicopter used to move troops, artillery, and resupply the battlefield. Your tough armor makes you extremely difficult to kill. You are BULLETPROOF. Due to your ability to haul cargo, if a certain aircraft is shot down in combat, you will be able to retrieve whatever cargo and ammunition is left from that aircraft. You win with the town.
Mod Notes:
- Will be able to use F15's (Spinko's) unused powers if he is killed.
- Tree Stump prevents acquistion of powers but does not affect bulletproof ability.
- Can be bypassed by the Dodger power.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:39:48 PM
12) Andromeda_Z, you are the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit. You are a stealth bomber. You can attack enemy bases undetected. Each night, you can choose a player to kill. Due to your stealthy nature, you cannot be investigated, tracked, watched, or detected in any way at all. You win with the town.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:42:14 PM
This game finished in 4 days. That should be a new record for a large game with 17 players. I think it finished faster than most small games. I'll post analysis in a bit.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:44:59 PM
This is exactly why all claims should be forced in the beginning. Drafterman had no legitimate claim so he stalled, but since the other experienced players turned it into a matter of pride, he was able to escape.

I have to admit that this is the first game in which Knukle did not appear scummy to me when he was mafia: nice job, Knukle.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:45:44 PM
Muahaha suck it! Lol
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:46:11 PM
Night 1:

Drafterman: Kill and janitor medic.
Blackvoid: Lawyer Drafterman
Logic: Role Cop Ore (TV)
Vmpire: Watch medic
LordKnukle: Tree Stump LDF

Night 2:

Drafterman: Kill Ober
Logic: Role Cop Andro
Knukle: Roleblock Royal
Vmpire: Watch spinko

Night 3:

Drafterman: Kill lovelife
BV: Be a lazy bastard and do nothing.
Logic: Investigate Royal
Knukle: Roleblock spinko

Night 4:

Drafterman: Kill spinko
Blackvoid: Chill
Logic: Investigate PR
Lord Knukle: Role-block royal

Night 5:

Drafterman: Kill Royal
Blackvoid: Nuthin'
Logic-on-Rails: Nada
Knukle: Role-block Andro
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:47:16 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:46:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
No F-16 Fighting Falcon role?

I left it open for the mafia to fake claim it but they never did. No doc either.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:47:29 PM
Great job modding F-16. Always cool when DP's go up right after the last action is turned in. Also I loved how the mafia was always super fast about sending in actions.

Since we killed/janitor'd Medic NP1, town was pretty much screwed from there since they lost the person who could activate all their powers. If I were F-16 I would have given him some type of protection mechanism since his death really cripples town. But mafia still played well. None of the remaining 4 of us ever had to role claim.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:48:42 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:44:59 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is exactly why all claims should be forced in the beginning. Drafterman had no legitimate claim so he stalled, but since the other experienced players turned it into a matter of pride, he was able to escape.

I have to admit that this is the first game in which Knukle did not appear scummy to me when he was mafia: nice job, Knukle.

1. Mass-claim in the beginning doesn't work out in towns favor. That's why we don't do it.
2. I actually forgot that Knukle was mafia for a bit when I started my "stalling." You know my rules, so look at #3. Just because I'm mafia doesn't mean every single thing I did was a lie. That's the beauty of being mafia: twisting the truth to your advantage.

When I'm mafia, I only lie when necessary. That way, there is minimal difference in my behavior between being mafia or town. Everything I said regarding pressure I would have said as a townie.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:51:09 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:47:16 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I left it open for the mafia to fake claim it but they never did. No doc either.

That's probably because we never made them. :/ Fun game, though. I always like being a vig. :)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:52:22 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:51:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

That's probably because we never made them. :/ Fun game, though. I always like being a vig. :)

After we got a null read on you, I thought you were commuter to compensate for your recent rash of dying in mafia games.

Speaking of which, why didn't the Bomb kill her?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:53:01 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:50:41 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 1/28/2012 10:49:36 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
woooooow lol.

Lol, now you're gonna think I'm mafia every single game.

nah. your comments about the being online fiasco had me suspect of you though.

I def. caught knukle
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:54:42 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:53:01 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
woooooow lol.

I def. caught knukle

Really? I only saw you FOS drafter and LK. My argument was different anyway. they said mafia sent actions ahead of time. I said GF sent in everyone's actions without them being online.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:55:06 PM
woooooow lol.

I def. caught knukle

Yeah, that irked me a bit. I mean, play the game IN the game. Besides, all that online crap can bite you in the a$$ - case in point: Death Note mafia.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:56:43 PM
Mechanics of the beloved bomb role and how I worked hard to balance it's swing.

The Beloved Bomb was no doubt the swingiest role in the game. My original draft was even more swingy. Note how it says "scum actions" as opposed to scum? I did this to reduce swing. If mafia had bussed the vig onto the bomb, it would count as a scum action and therefore lose a NIGHT phase for scum.

Here are the possibilities:
"Swing" here means how many extra benefits a side gets.

1) Bomb is lynched: Mafia gets a mislynch, one more player is killed and a day phase is lost. 3-0 to mafia or 2-1 to mafia depending on whether TV/Ore_Ele chose a townie or a mafia.

2) Bomb is scum-killed: A mafioso is dead and a night phase is lost. Swing is 2-0 to town.

3) Bomb is bussed to have the vig on it: Busser dies, Vig dies, Bomb dies, night phase is lost. Swing 2-2.

4) Bomb is vig-killed off the vig's own free will: vig and bomb die. DP is lost. Swing: 3-0 to scum.

The ONLY way to have a large swing is for town to screw up. Either the bomb is mislynched AND he chooses a townie, or the vig kills the bomb. If town does not screw up, the bomb was a pro-town, anti-mafia role.

Unfortunately, town did screw up.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:57:48 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:52:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/28/2012 10:51:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

After we got a null read on you, I thought you were commuter to compensate for your recent rash of dying in mafia games.

That's something I don't quite get. I went from rarely dying to dying multiple times in one game all of a sudden. I think I've only seen a commuter role once, and maybe not even that (can't really remember).

Speaking of which, why didn't the Bomb kill her?

I asked f16 if I was still alive or not because I didn't believe it, he said spinko protected me.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:59:58 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:54:42 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
woooooow lol.

I def. caught knukle

Really? I only saw you FOS drafter and LK. My argument was different anyway. they said mafia sent actions ahead of time. I said GF sent in everyone's actions without them being online.

no, it was the comment that you made about me that had me suspect.

"does this make lick inno or guilty?"

"oh, this must have been what f-16 said to mafia because of licks comments. so lick is town. good"

It seemed forced. It made me change from thinking it was lk & drafter, to thinking it was lk & you.

Unfortunately i missed the rest of the dp which sucked :(
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:02:50 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:56:43 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

The Beloved Bomb was no doubt the swingiest role in the game. My original draft was even more swingy. Note how it says "scum actions" as opposed to scum? I did this to reduce swing. If mafia had bussed the vig onto the bomb, it would count as a scum action and therefore lose a NIGHT phase for scum.

1) Bomb is lynched: Mafia gets a mislynch, one more player is killed and a day phase is lost. 3-0 to mafia or 2-1 to mafia depending on whether TV/Ore_Ele chose a townie or a mafia.

2) Bomb is scum-killed: A mafioso is dead and a night phase is lost. Swing is 2-0 to town.

3) Bomb is bussed to have the vig on it: Busser dies, Vig dies, Bomb dies, night phase is lost. Swing 2-2.

4) Bomb is vig-killed off the vig's own free will: vig and bomb die. DP is lost. Swing: 3-0 to scum.

The ONLY way to have a large swing is for town to screw up. Either the bomb is mislynched AND he chooses a townie, or the vig kills the bomb. If town does not screw up, the bomb was a pro-town, anti-mafia role.

Haha, wooow. I really screwed up that one. That's a great role, though.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:03:32 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:55:06 PM, drafterman wrote:
woooooow lol.

I def. caught knukle

Yeah, that irked me a bit. I mean, play the game IN the game. Besides, all that online crap can bite you in the a$$ - case in point: Death Note mafia.

well, yeah but the thing is, it turned out to be right. If you really wanna scum hunt, there is no need to limit your resources.

I've specifically asked mods to wait a while to start the dp after i sent in actions. It's a part of the game that if noticed, you cannot ignore it, from a town perspective.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:03:52 PM
At 1/28/2012 11:02:50 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 1/28/2012 10:56:43 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Haha, wooow. I really screwed up that one. That's a great role, though.

Yeah we role copped him NP1 so knew what he was. When you told me you were the vig, I hatched the plan for everyone to FOS TV so you would target him. Didnt work that night, but it did in the next one :)
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:05:02 PM
At 1/28/2012 11:03:32 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
woooooow lol.

I def. caught knukle

well, yeah but the thing is, it turned out to be right. If you really wanna scum hunt, there is no need to limit your resources.

I've specifically asked mods to wait a while to start the dp after i sent in actions. It's a part of the game that if noticed, you cannot ignore it, from a town perspective.

Actually, if you went by the online thing, you would have confirmed Logic as town since he wasnt online. Drafterman sent all our actions in himself, and LoR was off.

Btw, there's something else crazy that happened. Lemme grab the exact post.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:05:58 PM
woooooow lol.

I def. caught knukle

*You* turned out to be right. That doesn't make the reasoning sound. Case-in-point: Death Note mafia. I was lynched because of when I was on-line. It failed.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:06:34 PM
At 1/28/2012 11:03:52 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Yeah we role copped him NP1 so knew what he was. When you told me you were the vig, I hatched the plan for everyone to FOS TV so you would target him. Didnt work that night, but it did in the next one :)

Damn role cops. :p Good planning, though.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:07:39 PM
At 1/28/2012 11:05:02 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
woooooow lol.

I def. caught knukle

Actually, if you went by the online thing, you would have confirmed Logic as town since he wasnt online. Drafterman sent all our actions in himself, and LoR was off.

Btw, there's something else crazy that happened. Lemme grab the exact post.

Not necessarily. Logic not being online meant that he had a passive town role OR he was mafia goon, OR that he was mafia but f-16 allowed the godfather to confirm night actions, or night actions to be made by popular consensus.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:07:43 PM
This post from DP3:

At 1/27/2012 8:25:27 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

The mafia are obviously andro, blackvoid, and drafterman....maybe LDF, Logic, and Xerge also. OH, and LordKKK. Can't forget him.

My reaction - You have got to be kiddng me...