Death Note Endgame Thread

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:37:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
THIRD PARTY WIN!!!

First place: Royalpaladin - Third party survivor.
Second place: Mafia
Third place: Town

Role summaries:

Mafia:

Lickdafoot - Godfather, Ninja, role steals night kill.
M. Torres - RBer, odd stalker
Jordan - Character cop. Dies NP3.
Blackhawk/Lovelife - Framer.

Town:

Oberherr - Matsuda - All actions bodyguard
Marc - Near - Backup Cop
Xerge - Soichiro - Naive cop
Vmpire - Sachiko - Vanilla
F-16 - L - Mason recruiter, GF investigator, crystal ball, claims as someone else.
Drafternan - Ray Penbar - Tracker/Agent
Knuckle - Mogi - Watcher
PR - Mello - 2 shot vig, Hunter
Spinko - Steve Mason - Even NP Poli. Even DP triple-voter.
Medic - Lind L. Tailor - Pretends to be L.
Andro - Stephen Gevanni - Sensor

Third party:

Royalpaladin - Tsugumi Ohba - If claims suvivor on DP1, becomes unlynchable. If she doesnt claim survivor, gains one-shot kill proof.

TUF - Ryuk - Bulletproof survivor

On NP5, the mafia killed PR, and used LDF's role steal ability to kill Royal. This should have given them a 2-2 ratio and won the game, but Royal's one-shot kill proof protected her, letting her win the game on the next DP.

Roles:

Lickdafoot -

You are Light Yagami, the mafia godfather and Kira himself. You are the main protagonist of the show, and possessor of the death note. You stumbled upon the Death Note after seeing it randomly fall out of the sky. The Note allows you to kill any person whose name you write in it. After testing it out on some low-lifes, you become captivated by the Note's power and decide to use it to kill off every criminal on the planet, creating your vision of a perfect world in which you rule as a God. Since the Death Note will only kill someone if their correct name is written inside it, you must know your victim's real character name for your kill to go through.

Being the intelligent bada$$ you are, you have several godfather abilities:

1. As a highly intelligent straight A student and deceptive liar, you show innocent to all forms of investigation.

2. The Death Note kills remotely; you don't have to be anywhere near your victim for them to die. Thus your kills can't be tracked or watched.

3. In the series you end up infiltrating L's inner circle (your main opposition) and working with him, without him knowing your true identity. Thus you are the mafia spy.

4. The Death Note allows you to control the circumstances around your victim's death. This will come into play later.

5. Finally, the Death Note allows you to control your victim's actions before they die. You are able to role steal your night kill victim before their death.

You win with the mafia.

Jordan -

You are Misa Amane. You're a smokin' hot model who rakes in the magazine covers. You're also known as the "Second Kira" because you gained possession of your Death Note shortly after the original Kira (Light Yagami) did. After meeting Light, you quickly fell in love with him because he killed the criminal who murdered your parents. As such, you dedicate your life to ensuring that he is not caught by the police, in the hopes that some day he'll recipriocate your affection.

The Death Note allows you to write any person's name in it, and they will die. To help Light in his endeavor to kill all the criminals in the world, you made a deal with the Devil. You gained the ability to see anyone's true name by simply looking at them. Each night phase, pick one player and learn their real character. I will give you the result immediately. Unfortunently, the cost of this deal was to lose half of your remaining lifespan, so you will die after using our power on on NP3. However, this death clause will NOT be shown to the town when your role PM is revealed. Use that info how you will. You win with the mafia.

Torres -

You are Kyosuke Higuchi, the "Third Kira". You acquired your Death Note after certain circumstances led the original Kira to provide you with one. The Note allows you to kill whoever's name is written inside it. Motivated by corporate greed, you began using the Death Note to kill off key figures of rival companies and corporations. Each night, you can roleblock one player. On odd nights, you can stalk a player as well, to find out who they visited and who visited them. You win with the mafia.

Lovelife -
You are Mikami Teru. As a child, you were disgusted at how your school's bullies could beat up on other people but would never be punished proportionately, if at all. This, as well as the increasing crime rate, lead you to develop a strong sense of justice, and you became one of the best prosecutors in the country. When criminals started dying all over the world, at it became apparent that a person was causing this, you naturally became one of "Kira's" greatest supporters. Your devotion to him in the media has finally led him to recognize you, and you have joined his inner circle. You can use your prowess as a prosecutor to frame one person each night. You win with the mafia.

Town:

F-16 - You are L, the second main character and the most powerful detective in the world. Your intelligence and analytical skills are second to none, as shown by the high number of cold cases you've solved single-handedly. In fact, the 2nd and 3rd best detectives in the world are really just aliases of yourself. So when criminals started mysteriously dying all over the world, you make it a priority to discover who or what is responsible. Being the powerful detective you are, you have several investigative abilities:

1. You are the Super-Mason. Each night you recruit one player into your mason PM to help work with you to catch Kira, the one responsible for the mass killings. If you recruit a mafia, there is no penalty except that the recruitment fails. The one stipulation is that if your target is framed, the recruitment will be unsuccessful.

2. You have a one-shot ability to waive your recruitment, and investigate one person. This investigation will bypass all possible roles that could skew your results (GF, framer, etc).

3. Your sharp mind analyzes Kira's killing patterns and predicts what he will do next. You get random info about him and his associates each night.

4. Shortly after receiving this message, you will be placed in a mason PM with Lind L. Tailor, a vanilla townie. When character claiming, you will claim Lind L. Tailor, and he will claim to be you. This will direct the mafia away from you and onto your decoy, giving you more time to recruit members,

You win with the town.

Medic - You are Lind L. Tailor. You're a convicted murderer who will be executed in a few days. First though, the police will use you as a decoy for a man named L, the most powerful detective in the world. Shortly after receiving this message, you will be placed in a PM with L. When character claiming, you will claim to be L and he will claim to be you. This will direct the mafia's attention away from the main investigator and onto you, preserving his powers for another day. You win with the town.

Oberherr - You are Matsuda. You're a pretty clumsy and naive cop who tries hard, but just doesn't have the talent that other policemen have. Nevertheless, you still want to help out whenever possible, and will take on the role of protecting others to do so. Each night, you are forced to pick one player, and any negative night action that would happen to them, will happen to you instead. You win with the town.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:38:37 PM
Drafterman - You are Ray Penbar. You're an FBI agent who was sent with 11 other members to investigate suspects in the Kira case, in which someone is responsible for the killings of hundreds of criminals across the world. You were assigned to follow a high school senior named Light Yagami and note any suspicious behavior. Each night, use your stalking ability to track one person. And being an FBI agent, you send 1 anonymous message to a player each night. You win with the town.

Marc - You are Near. You were raised in an orphanage specifically designed for "gifted" children. Your high level of intellectual ability and analytical skills has set you to be the predecessor of L, the most powerful detective in the world. In the series, you play an active role in trying to find the identity of Kira, an anonymous entity who is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of criminals across the world. As for powers, you dont appear until the second half of the series, so you're bulletproof until NP4, or when L is dead. Whichever comes first. As L's predecessor, if he dies, you will take up his mantle and become an every night cop. More importantly, you are the only player in the game who is able to bypass Kira's investigative nullifiers and see him as guilty. You win with the town.

Spinko - You are Steve Mason. Despite being head of the FBI, you play a relatively minor role in the series, but you still are important to the town. As FBI leader, your word holds power over all others. On even NP's night you can politician one person, and on those same DP's you are a TRIPLE VOTER. Add x2 or x3 to the end of your vote to signify how many you want to use. If you just want your vote to count as 1, write the VTL as normal. You win with the town.

Knuckle - You are Mogi. You are a member of the Task Force lead by a detective named L. You work with him and other policemen in an attempt to locate a person who has been anonymously killing criminals across the world. Each night you watch one player. You win with the town.

PR - You are Mello. You were raised in an orphanage designed for gifted children, whose duty was to find a child talented enough to become the predecessor of L, the most powerful detective in the world. But you always came in second place to your brother Near, because you tend to be swayed too easily by your emotions. Due to this failure you eventually turned to a life of crime, and you lead a gang of (literal) mafia members who do your bidding. Despite your criminal tendencies, you have an interest in helping the police and are eager to catch the criminal that the series focuses around. You have a two-shot ability to send your goons out to vig kill someone during the night. You're also the hunter; when you die, you may choose one player to die with you. You win with the town.

vmpire - You are Sachiko Yagami, Light's mom. Unfortunently you play a pretty minor role in the series and don't do much of anything. So you have the dreaded vanilla role for this game. You win with the town.

Xerge - You are Soichiro Yagami. You're the father of Light Yagami, the main character of the show. You're also an honest and respected cop, and led the Kira investigation team before having your force taken over by L. Each night, use your cop powers and investigate one person. You win with the town.

Royal - You are Tsugumi Ohba, the writer of Death Note. You created the story that eventually became one of the most famous animated series of all time. You also designed most of the characters. As the writer, you neither win with the town or the mafia, and instead are a third party survivor. You must survive to the endgame to see how your story unfolds. Being the creator of this show, your characters are extremely loyal and will not turn against you, so you have two possible protective powers. You must only choose one of the following conditions, which I'll know of by your actions in the DP:

1. If you dont claim survivor, then the first time you would die, you will survive.

2. If you claim survivor on DP1, then you can be night killed, but otherwise you are unlynchable.
You win with yourself.

Analysis:

I'll post more later. Here are my really quick notes about the outcome.

Town really let Royal blow her "confirmation" out of proportion, except Medic. Yeah, my OP indicated that the mafia probably tried to night kill Royal. That just means she's not mafia, not that she's town. Medic was the ONLY person to think about this. Also, after TUF died, no one seemed to suspect there might be 2 third parties, even though this was a 17 player game. This pretty much let Royal run through the game as a confirmed townie, finally leading to her winning the game.

Royal did play really well by the way. As far as catching mafia goes, most of her guesses were wrong initially. But she got it going late game, sniffing out LDF and Lovelife. But more credit for staying alive. I thought Royal would struggle with this role because she likes to start a lot of arguments, which leads to people targeting her at night. But she did a really good job of flying under the radar after DP2, which let her come and steal a win right from the mafia's grasp.

I'll post much more detailed thoughts on everything that happened in this game later, as well as all night actions. For now, mafia played pretty well, so did Royal, but town missed a LOT of opportunities in this game that could have lead to their victory. I thought town was slightly overpowered comiong into this, but it didnt play out that way.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:43:56 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:37:54 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

I didn't even think that was possible...and then...but...holy crap. Just, wow.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:44:53 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:43:56 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Yeah, this is the first third-party win I've ever seen.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:45:04 PM
I have to say though, the fact that there were seventeen players and really only 3 mafia (cause jordan was for sure dead np 3) made it pretty tough for us.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:46:28 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:45:04 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I have to say though, the fact that there were seventeen players and really only 3 mafia (cause jordan was for sure dead np 3) made it pretty tough for us.

Yeah, thats why I gave you all (good) fake claims and made you like impossible to find. I think it worked out well. You guys were gonna win if not for third party.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:46:55 PM
The moment that TUF claimed survivor, I knew that if I bussed him, I would be able to make everyone think that the survivor had died. Sorry, TUF, but only one of us could have won :(
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:47:48 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:46:28 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Yeah, thats why I gave you all (good) fake claims and made you like impossible to find. I think it worked out well. You guys were gonna win if not for third party.

This.

Note to mods: I should be on Torres' team in the future. I can see right through all of his tricks . . . :)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:49:17 PM

If anything, that made it more difficult for the town because it threw them off track. The vig should have thought that an SK was responsible.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:50:57 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:44:53 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 1/30/2012 11:43:56 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Yeah, this is the first third-party win I've ever seen.

I've seen third parties win before, but I just never saw this coming. A survivor win. After all my utter failures with survivor roles, one goes and wins the game. Royal, I am really impressed.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:51:22 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:46:55 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The moment that TUF claimed survivor, I knew that if I bussed him, I would be able to make everyone think that the survivor had died. Sorry, TUF, but only one of us could have won :(

I knew there was something fishy about your role! My death was my own fault though. I should have never role claimed third party
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:53:41 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:39:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
So much for your revenge, lovelife.

Mwahhahaha.

YOU FVCKING MOTHER FCKING A;.LASDJ;AD'D'PIAH'J
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:54:08 PM

Mwahhahaha.

yOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW PISSED I AM AT YOU
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:55:46 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:54:08 PM, lovelife wrote:

Mwahhahaha.

yOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW PISSED I AM AT YOU

ROFL
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:56:29 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:40:49 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'm sorry Lovelife :(

I'm seriously crying now sorry isn't good enough. (well not your fault, your just the mod, but we did try to kill her tonight :,(
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:57:30 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:56:29 PM, lovelife wrote:

I'm seriously crying now sorry isn't good enough. (well not your fault, your just the mod, but we did try to kill her tonight :,(

Hey, its no big deal. Its just an online forum game. Can't win em all.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:57:35 PM

Yup, and I was kill-proof :)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:59:17 PM
At 1/30/2012 11:57:30 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Hey, its no big deal. Its just an online forum game. Can't win em all.

I'm not pissed about not winning, I came to deal with that reality a few days ago. But that we were close to winning AND ROYAL OF ALL MOTHER FCKING PPL wonn ahead of us as a SURVIVOR OF ALL FCKING ROLES pisses me off to no end.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:59:36 PM
BlackVoid, I think that your version of survivor is the best version to use. It forces the survivor to plan their strategy ahead of time and also makes them play more secretively. I think that most people fail at survivor because they expect to be killed, but the options that you provided me gave me the opportunity to plan some of my actions ahead of time. It also motiviated me to watch Death Note so that I could come up with a fake claim, but then caused me to fall in love with the series.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:59:46 PM

Mwahhahaha.

I told you, I knew that claim was BS, I knew it, I knew it...but I let it go, FML.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 12:00:38 AM
Like, the fact that you put two survivors in told me that you were experimenting with the role. I think that the version you gave me was MUCH better than the standard bulletproof version that others mods have started to adopt.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 12:01:36 AM
At 1/30/2012 11:59:46 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Mwahhahaha.

I told you, I knew that claim was BS, I knew it, I knew it...but I let it go, FML.

Yeah, but you also believed that LDF was town even though I was handing the mafia to you on a silver platter, so you would have lost anyways.