Posted: 4 years ago
*Deep, Gravelly Voice*

"I am the terror, that flaps in the night..."

*coughcoughsputtercough*

Ahem. Sorry. Wrong show.

*Deep, Gravelly Voice*

"Criminals, by nature, are a superstitious, cowardly lot..."

==== ACTION NEWS 5 ====

"This just in! We have report of a mass breakout at Arkham Asylum. The police have been unable to determine exactly how it happened, but a unnumber of notorious criminals have escaped and are on the loose within Gotham City! Details are still coming in but the list of known escapees is as follows:

The Joker (Real Name unknown)
Dr. Victor Fries, A.K.A. "Mr. Freeze"
Jervis Tetch, A.K.A. "The Mad Hatter"
Pamela Isley, A.K.A. "Poison Ivy"
Waylon Jones, A.K.A. "Killer Croc"
Dr. Jonathan Crane, A.K.A. "Scarecrow"
Maximillian "Maxie" Zeus
Cassius Payne, A.K.A. "Clayface"
Edward Nigma, A.K.A. "The Riddler"
Dr. Jeremiah Arkham, A.K.A. "Black Mask"

Though the mass escape has only happened this morning, we are already receiving reports of a number of citizens having died through various means: poisoned, shot, driven insane..." *the report pauses and swallows* "... some with permanent fear etched on their face... I-I I can't do this. I have to get out of here! We all have to get out of here!"

*the reporter flees the Newsroom*

Later that day, the report is found dead, his lips curled into a horrifying rictus grin, a Joker card nailed to his forhead.

==== WAYNE MANOR ====

"We've never seen anything of quite this magnitude, Master Wayne."

"I know; I have to fix this."

"Are you sure you can handle this alone? Any one of these is enough to tie you up for quite a while. Might I suggest gathering some reinforcements?"

"Who? Who can I trust in a city like this? I can't wait for the cavalry to come, Alfred. I have to go fight this ... and NOW."

==== END SCENE ====

Mod Notes:

Day phases will last no longer than 36 hours. If the time limit has been reached, I will use PLURALITY VOTING to decide who is lynched: Whoever has the most votes is lynched. If there is a tie, it will be a "No Lynch" instead.

Night phases will last no longer than 36 hours. If the time limit has been reached, optional (by choice) actions will be forfeited; mandatory actions will have their choices determined via random selection.

Anyone not active for either a Day-Night cycle or a Night-Day cycle will be replaced. Unfortunately, once you play, you are ineligible to be a replacement (I will explain this necessity in the End Game).

This game will have a delayed reveal: Once lynched, a player's character, role, and alignment will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

I have decided to jump the gun and start the game (so excited!) and not wait for the last confirmation. To compensate, voting is not permitted for 6 hours or until I get confirmation. You may psuedovote to indicate suspicion.

Living Players
1. tvellalott
2. BlackVoid
3. PartamRuhem
4. medic0506
5. Lickdafoot
6. socialpinko
7. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
8. Marauder
9. Andromeda_Z

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch (when voting starts).
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 10:14:13 AM
At 1/31/2012 7:37:20 AM, drafterman wrote:

"This just in! We have report of a mass breakout at Arkham Asylum. The police have been unable to determine exactly how it happened, but a unnumber of notorious criminals have escaped and are on the loose within Gotham City! Details are still coming in but the list of known escapees is as follows:

Maximillian "Maxie" Zeus

Though the mass escape has only happened this morning, we are already receiving reports of a number of citizens having died through various means: poisoned, shot, driven insane..." *the report pauses and swallows* "... some with permanent fear etched on their face... I-I I can't do this. I have to get out of here! We all have to get out of here!"

So.... lol there's 9 characters on this list.

anyone wondering what type of game would cause no one to be allowed in as a replacement once they die?

What if drafter is screwing with us and there is no mafia...
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 10:23:41 AM
At 1/31/2012 10:14:13 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/31/2012 7:37:20 AM, drafterman wrote:

Maximillian "Maxie" Zeus

10, actually.

anyone wondering what type of game would cause no one to be allowed in as a replacement once they die?

What if drafter is screwing with us and there is no mafia...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 11:43:54 AM
At 1/31/2012 10:23:41 AM, drafterman wrote:

10, actually.

oh lol, i counted quickly and skipped the top one cause it looked different.

where is everyone? O.o

Vtl Tv for saying he'd only play if he was the joker.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 12:05:36 PM
At 1/31/2012 11:43:54 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/31/2012 10:23:41 AM, drafterman wrote:

10, actually.

oh lol, i counted quickly and skipped the top one cause it looked different.

where is everyone? O.o

Vtl Tv for saying he'd only play if he was the joker.

This, seriously. Drafterman even said he would take character requests (inb4 LDF "I think BV would choose mafia..."), and TV flat out asked for joker.

VTL TV
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 12:09:25 PM
At 1/31/2012 12:07:02 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Eh, missed the pseudovote thing. Well, TV still better claim.

You can VTL. They just don't count. I'll note when the lock-out is over, and you'll have to VTL again. No biggie.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 12:37:26 PM
Heading out until this evening. Vote lock-out is in effect for 1 more hour.

Only votes cast (in bold) after 2:30pm EST will count.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 1:28:01 PM
At 1/31/2012 1:08:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/31/2012 1:02:28 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Been 5 hours and only 10 posts. Where is everyone?

22 minutes left before we can vote.

You may now vote.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 1:41:12 PM
Sup hombres. VTL Tv. Might be funny if he turns out to be Joker, his own un-doing.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 2:02:49 PM
At 1/31/2012 1:57:50 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
He's got good enough pressure so I won't vote on him now.

Any thoughts about the op or game mechanics while we wait?

First you say Drafter is messing with us and there is no mafia, now you want opinions about the game mechanics. Is there something you are not telling us? :P
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 2:09:31 PM
At 1/31/2012 1:57:50 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
He's got good enough pressure so I won't vote on him now.

Any thoughts about the op or game mechanics while we wait?

Here are my thoughts on game mechanics. There are probably two mafia at the most. There can't be 3 because if it is 3 mafia and 6 town and we no lynch the first DP, there will be 3 mafia and 5 town at the end of NP1. So, we no lynch and we are at MYLO. That doesn't seem fair. So, I am going to say there are 2 mafia and maybe a third party. OR there could be 3 and Drafter is messing with us.

As for the OP, what do you think the characters represent?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 2:11:32 PM
Maybe we're all mafia but don't have a PM. Maybe we're all third party survivors. Maybe there is no mafia and drafterman is just killing a random townie each night.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:17:21 PM
At 1/31/2012 2:11:32 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Maybe we're all mafia but don't have a PM. Maybe we're all third party survivors. Maybe there is no mafia and drafterman is just killing a random townie each night.

This would explain why there are 10 characters. Drafter is one of them!!!

Vtl Drafter
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:22:47 PM
At 1/31/2012 3:17:21 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Vtl Drafter

You didn't answer my question...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:29:55 PM
At 1/31/2012 3:22:47 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/31/2012 3:17:21 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Vtl Drafter

You didn't answer my question...

probably some of the players in the game
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:42:04 PM
Yeah, but first you say "What if drafter is screwing with us and there is no mafia." Then you ask if anyone has any opinions about the game mechanics. Is your role something that doesn't win with the town but has a third party condition? I am guessing that is more likely as opposed to you flat-out being mafia. Is it something like HPG's role in Monk where he can convert to town? Why are you focussed on game mechanics ans whether Drafter is screwing with us? Why do you believe there is no mafia? CAN you win with the town at any point in the game?
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:47:36 PM

This seems a bit out of the blue. I don't see any reason right now to think this game is any different from normal (save the smaller number of players and lack of replacements, then again though it makes sense not to have replacements with so little players from my perspective). Are you survivor?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:57:55 PM
At 1/31/2012 3:47:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:

This seems a bit out of the blue. I don't see any reason right now to think this game is any different from normal (save the smaller number of players and lack of replacements, then again though it makes sense not to have replacements with so little players from my perspective). Are you survivor?

Lol no, I'm just messing around since TV hasnt arrived yet.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 4:00:36 PM
At 1/31/2012 3:42:04 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Yeah, but first you say "What if drafter is screwing with us and there is no mafia." Then you ask if anyone has any opinions about the game mechanics. Is your role something that doesn't win with the town but has a third party condition? I am guessing that is more likely as opposed to you flat-out being mafia. Is it something like HPG's role in Monk where he can convert to town? Why are you focused on game mechanics ans whether Drafter is screwing with us? Why do you believe there is no mafia? CAN you win with the town at any point in the game?

I was simply speculating based on the op, and based on the fact that no one can become a replacement. There is obviously something unique about the set up if that is the case. I wondered what others thoughts were about the op. It's called getting the game started.

Why are you so insistent on sucking info out of me on dp 1? I think you are mafia trying to suck info out of people, all the while sounding like you are town by accusing (aka nitpicking) what I said as suspicious.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 4:06:02 PM
At 1/31/2012 4:00:36 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/31/2012 3:42:04 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Yeah, but first you say "What if drafter is screwing with us and there is no mafia." Then you ask if anyone has any opinions about the game mechanics. Is your role something that doesn't win with the town but has a third party condition? I am guessing that is more likely as opposed to you flat-out being mafia. Is it something like HPG's role in Monk where he can convert to town? Why are you focused on game mechanics ans whether Drafter is screwing with us? Why do you believe there is no mafia? CAN you win with the town at any point in the game?

I was simply speculating based on the op, and based on the fact that no one can become a replacement. There is obviously something unique about the set up if that is the case. I wondered what others thoughts were about the op. It's called getting the game started.

Why are you so insistent on sucking info out of me on dp 1? I think you are mafia trying to suck info out of people, all the while sounding like you are town by accusing (aka nitpicking) what I said as suspicious.

You of all people should know that f-16 asks a lot of questions and tries to get info out of people. Its nothing out of the ordinary.