Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Two Role Ideas

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 3:45:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, I thought up two roles that seems to be not to overpowered, and can be tweaked for some interesting results.

The Zombie/Disease Thing - Your are the third-party role, the zombie. You can choose to infect three people over the course of this game, one person NP, and you will see everything they see, such as the Mafia PM, and you are able to control their actions. They do not know that someone is controlling them. If the Doctor protects them, you will lose control, and if they die, you will be revealed. You win if you survive to the end.

The Artifact - You are the Artifact. You are lynch-proof, and bullet-proof, however, you are also an item, which can be passed from player to player. If the player holding you dies, you die as well. You start out with *Insert name here*. You win with the Town.

This role could also give abilities to whoever holds it, or even be third party.

Thoughts?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 3:47:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bump. I should also add, that for the zombie, you learn what their role is and such.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 4:00:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmm, somehow I thought people would post faster....:P

Bump.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 4:02:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 3:45:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ok, I thought up two roles that seems to be not to overpowered, and can be tweaked for some interesting results.

The Zombie/Disease Thing - Your are the third-party role, the zombie. You can choose to infect three people over the course of this game, one person NP, and you will see everything they see, such as the Mafia PM, and you are able to control their actions. They do not know that someone is controlling them. If the Doctor protects them, you will lose control, and if they die, you will be revealed. You win if you survive to the end.

This is not bad, but I think that it would be very easy to survive with that information.
The Artifact - You are the Artifact. You are lynch-proof, and bullet-proof, however, you are also an item, which can be passed from player to player. If the player holding you dies, you die as well. You start out with *Insert name here*. You win with the Town.

On Epic Mafia, there is a role similar to this one called "Creepy Girl". It is completely overpowered; it usually wins the game almost instantly for some reason.

This role could also give abilities to whoever holds it, or even be third party.

Thoughts?
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 4:03:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd be interested in a game that has a role not unlike the zombie thing, but it's a disease--and the infected are mafia. The disease kills you after a day/night/day or a night/day/night, but you can spread the disease up to two people when you're mafia.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 4:08:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 4:02:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/3/2012 3:45:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ok, I thought up two roles that seems to be not to overpowered, and can be tweaked for some interesting results.

The Zombie/Disease Thing - Your are the third-party role, the zombie. You can choose to infect three people over the course of this game, one person NP, and you will see everything they see, such as the Mafia PM, and you are able to control their actions. They do not know that someone is controlling them. If the Doctor protects them, you will lose control, and if they die, you will be revealed. You win if you survive to the end.

This is not bad, but I think that it would be very easy to survive with that information.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe it could not know what the role of the person is, to make things interesting, and its only told if they are Mafia, or town, and if they have a role. It obviously couldn't control Mafia kill either.

The Artifact - You are the Artifact. You are lynch-proof, and bullet-proof, however, you are also an item, which can be passed from player to player. If the player holding you dies, you die as well. You start out with *Insert name here*. You win with the Town.

On Epic Mafia, there is a role similar to this one called "Creepy Girl". It is completely overpowered; it usually wins the game almost instantly for some reason.

Yeah, I just looked that up, seemed VERY OP.

I just thought this role would be interesting way to mix things up, since the town doesn't want the Artifact to fall into enemy hands, and the Artifact is at the mercy of the person carrying it.


This role could also give abilities to whoever holds it, or even be third party.

Thoughts?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:31:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was actually thinking of a zombie type role a few days ago, but completely different from your idea.

Zombie- You are the flesh ridden diseased rotten monster called a zombie. Your ultimate goal after death is to go back to life. If you can correctly target the doctor on any NP, then you become a VIG due to your previous killing powers. Be warned; you only get only try. Also, because you have survived death, after you die, you are capable of casting the final hammer vote on any person for every DP that is to come.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:32:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:31:36 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I was actually thinking of a zombie type role a few days ago, but completely different from your idea.

Zombie- You are the flesh ridden diseased rotten monster called a zombie. Your ultimate goal after death is to go back to life. If you can correctly target the doctor on any NP, then you become a VIG due to your previous killing powers. Be warned; you only get only try. Also, because you have survived death, after you die, you are capable of casting the final hammer vote on any person for every DP that is to come. You win with town.

Fixed.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:40:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bump.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:44:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, since you are bumping a lot, might as well make a few comments. I think the ideas are interesting and unique. The main problem is that they could be game-breaking.

At 2/3/2012 3:45:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ok, I thought up two roles that seems to be not to overpowered, and can be tweaked for some interesting results.

The Zombie/Disease Thing - Your are the third-party role, the zombie. You can choose to infect three people over the course of this game, one person NP, and you will see everything they see, such as the Mafia PM, and you are able to control their actions. They do not know that someone is controlling them. If the Doctor protects them, you will lose control, and if they die, you will be revealed. You win if you survive to the end.

If the third party sees the mafia PM, they can simply out the mafia to the town and get them all lynched and easily win the game.

The Artifact - You are the Artifact. You are lynch-proof, and bullet-proof, however, you are also an item, which can be passed from player to player. If the player holding you dies, you die as well. You start out with *Insert name here*. You win with the Town.

This role could also give abilities to whoever holds it, or even be third party.

Thoughts?

This treats a player as an item but is actually a pretty good role although one problem could be that they have no real control over who they choose hence giving them a passive role and their fate being determined by other players.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:49:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 8:44:02 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

If the third party sees the mafia PM, they can simply out the mafia to the town and get them all lynched and easily win the game.

Yeah, I see what your saying. But, remember, if someone under their control dies, they are revealed.

This treats a player as an item but is actually a pretty good role although one problem could be that they have no real control over who they choose hence giving them a passive role and their fate being determined by other players.

The whole dependence on players was kinda the main idea, although you could also give the Artifact abilities, so that the Town would be careful with them.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 8:07:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thats not a bad idea, but I think the zombie might be just-a-bit overpowering...
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 11:10:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 8:07:57 AM, kyro90 wrote:
Thats not a bad idea, but I think the zombie might be just-a-bit overpowering...

Yeah, nerfing it a little isn't a bad idea, but I wanted to make a third-party role that could actually stand on its own, and have a good chance of winning.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 3:45:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bump. :P
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-