Total Posts:51|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Nations at Arms - The Kattegat

Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:04:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The brooding forests of the Baltic, home to the old Gods, now home to war.
http://wiki.parpg.net...

The ruthless knights of the Teutonic Order, who came to deal with pagan Lithuania at Poland's request, now carve a bloody sway across the land. The Lithuanian pagans fought with grim determination, yet the path of the holy cross proved to be inevitable. The Teutons, now the mighty Prussian Empire, spread across the eastern Baltic, looking to expand, and dominate the new front.

Surrounding this bloody conflict, sleeping conflicts began to emerge. Russia, once a merchant empire, fiercely protect its freedom and trade.

The Might Danes, renown as sefarers and warriors, willing to back their ambition with brute force.

And of course the Hanseatic League, once allied with the Teutons, the once proud nation, now, battered and regretful, must face the demons it unleashed.

Ambition. Greed. Faith. The scene is set, the blast of war blows in our ears,
let us imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage, and lend the eye a terrible aspect, for now four Empires confining mighty monarchies must be unleashed!
(credit here to shakespeare)

With the scene set, join the (re)attempt at Special Interests with a lot more features, a new map, new dynamics, and (hopefully) a game that shall last. Countries shall rise and fall, but where shall you be? King to a mercenary Police State? A despotic tyrant over all the lands? Or shall you fall into the mist of history as many kings of Old have done? Sign up, join an Empire, join now!

Game dynamics: You become either a minister or King, each with their own personal role in the game. You, along with the other ministers of your country, must build an economy, wage war, help the people...whatever you so desire, and try and become the last nation standing!

1.
2.
3.
4.

5.
6.
7.
8.

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:05:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:04:36 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
The brooding forests of the Baltic, home to the old Gods, now home to war.
http://wiki.parpg.net...

The ruthless knights of the Teutonic Order, who came to deal with pagan Lithuania at Poland's request, now carve a bloody sway across the land. The Lithuanian pagans fought with grim determination, yet the path of the holy cross proved to be inevitable. The Teutons, now the mighty Prussian Empire, spread across the eastern Baltic, looking to expand, and dominate the new front.

Surrounding this bloody conflict, sleeping conflicts began to emerge. Russia, once a merchant empire, fiercely protect its freedom and trade.

The Might Danes, renown as sefarers and warriors, willing to back their ambition with brute force.

And of course the Hanseatic League, once allied with the Teutons, the once proud nation, now, battered and regretful, must face the demons it unleashed.

Ambition. Greed. Faith. The scene is set, the blast of war blows in our ears,
let us imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage, and lend the eye a terrible aspect, for now four Empires confining mighty monarchies must be unleashed!
(credit here to shakespeare)

With the scene set, join the (re)attempt at Special Interests with a lot more features, a new map, new dynamics, and (hopefully) a game that shall last. Countries shall rise and fall, but where shall you be? King to a mercenary Police State? A despotic tyrant over all the lands? Or shall you fall into the mist of history as many kings of Old have done? Sign up, join an Empire, join now!


Game dynamics: You become either a minister or King, each with their own personal role in the game. You, along with the other ministers of your country, must build an economy, wage war, help the people...whatever you so desire, and try and become the last nation standing!

1.
2.
3.
4.

5.
6.
7.
8.

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.

Real Time or Turn Based?
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:05:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:04:36 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
The brooding forests of the Baltic, home to the old Gods, now home to war.
http://wiki.parpg.net...

The ruthless knights of the Teutonic Order, who came to deal with pagan Lithuania at Poland's request, now carve a bloody sway across the land. The Lithuanian pagans fought with grim determination, yet the path of the holy cross proved to be inevitable. The Teutons, now the mighty Prussian Empire, spread across the eastern Baltic, looking to expand, and dominate the new front.

Surrounding this bloody conflict, sleeping conflicts began to emerge. Russia, once a merchant empire, fiercely protect its freedom and trade.

The Might Danes, renown as sefarers and warriors, willing to back their ambition with brute force.

And of course the Hanseatic League, once allied with the Teutons, the once proud nation, now, battered and regretful, must face the demons it unleashed.

Ambition. Greed. Faith. The scene is set, the blast of war blows in our ears,
let us imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage, and lend the eye a terrible aspect, for now four Empires confining mighty monarchies must be unleashed!
(credit here to shakespeare)

With the scene set, join the (re)attempt at Special Interests with a lot more features, a new map, new dynamics, and (hopefully) a game that shall last. Countries shall rise and fall, but where shall you be? King to a mercenary Police State? A despotic tyrant over all the lands? Or shall you fall into the mist of history as many kings of Old have done? Sign up, join an Empire, join now!


Game dynamics: You become either a minister or King, each with their own personal role in the game. You, along with the other ministers of your country, must build an economy, wage war, help the people...whatever you so desire, and try and become the last nation standing!

1.
2.
3.
4.

5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King (I love Special Interest)

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:08:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:05:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
Real Time or Turn Based?

SH will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we decided real time.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:10:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes, but battles work in turns, i.e. you decide on your "strategy" in battles and attack plan, you get 6/12 hours to decide what to do then, depending on activity and size of game.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:14:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:10:12 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Yes, but battles work in turns, i.e. you decide on your "strategy" in battles and attack plan, you get 6/12 hours to decide what to do then, depending on activity and size of game.

i.e. realtime, except battles, which are simultaneous turnbased (turnbased but both move at once).
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:19:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm willing to commit to a long term active game. But more instructions would be nice. I have a few questions. Can we make treaties? Can we PM each other? How are resources gathered? Armies built? Will game play be based off real events? A
Also, you may have to shoot for 7-10 people, maybe less. I don't think 16 are gonna sign up. Maybe you could let more in as the game goes on. Or if someone loses they can start up again. It's much more fun that way.

1.
2.
3. Koopin.
4.

5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King (I love Special Interest)

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
kfc
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:24:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:19:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
I'm willing to commit to a long term active game. But more instructions would be nice. I have a few questions. Can we make treaties? Can we PM each other? How are resources gathered? Armies built? Will game play be based off real events? A
Also, you may have to shoot for 7-10 people, maybe less. I don't think 16 are gonna sign up. Maybe you could let more in as the game goes on. Or if someone loses they can start up again. It's much more fun that way.

1.
2.
3. Koopin.
4.

5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King (I love Special Interest)

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.

We'll probably get 16 sign-ups. Just not 16 actives. They'll be replaced. If we're waiting on a replacement, their team can take over for them. And all those rules you asked about will be explained once the game starts. Basically, though, you'll have a starting amount of gold. There are different workers you can to produce different resources. You use the resources for buildings and units. Treaties and things like that can be made. And people will be able to pm each other. That'll be explained in more detail later, though. This is the basic explanation.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:25:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1.
2.
3. Koopin.
4.

5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King (I love Special Interest)

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:26:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:19:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
I'm willing to commit to a long term active game. But more instructions would be nice. I have a few questions. Can we make treaties? Can we PM each other? How are resources gathered? Armies built? Will game play be based off real events? A
Also, you may have to shoot for 7-10 people, maybe less. I don't think 16 are gonna sign up. Maybe you could let more in as the game goes on. Or if someone loses they can start up again. It's much more fun that way.

I'm trying to make it a little more of a "surprise" in the specifics, but there is the following:
economic (resource) issues
financial (gold) issues
construction (building) issues
military issues
cultural & scientific issues
diplomatic issues
legislative issues
and many more to try and balance. Also, when the game gets to 12, I think we may start, may go with less if the popularity shoots down. Also, the game will be as hands-off as possible, so if you want to make treaties, make them! if you want to create an army, the question is what kind? A small specialist pirate naval fleet to harass your enemies and stop them landing on your shores to attack you, or a massive military force the likes of which have never been seen before?

Regarding more people joining, me and blackhawk have got a system in place to solve that problem.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:33:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:30:25 PM, Koopin wrote:
Sounds good to me. Before I left this site, I played something just like this done by the user Ore_ele.

The Mafia spam is so excessive that me and a couple users thought it'd be better to mix it up a little. Not that mafia's bad...but everything in moderation and all.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:36:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Viper king your statement with me is actually factual. A right cannot be a right if it infringes on those 2 things. Your wall of fail is a fail.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:37:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:36:13 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Viper king your statement with me is actually factual. A right cannot be a right if it infringes on those 2 things. Your wall of fail is a fail.

...what?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 6:15:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. LK
2.
3. Koopin.
4.

5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King (I love Special Interest)

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 6:26:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 6:15:56 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
1. LK
2.
3. Koopin.
4.

5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King (I love Special Interest)

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.

part way there!
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:36:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 6:15:56 PM, Lordknukle wrote
1. LK
2.
3. Koopin.
4. Quarterexchange

5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King (I love Special Interest)

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.

Eh...what the hell........
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:07:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 7:36:47 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
At 2/3/2012 6:15:56 PM, Lordknukle wrote
1. LK
2. Vmpire321
3. Koopin.
4. Quarterexchange

5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King (I love Special Interest)

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.

Eh...what the hell........
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:58:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
ehh why not?

1. LK
2. Vmpire321
3. Koopin.
4. Quarterexchange

5.
6.
7. lovelife
8. Viper-King

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:09:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
ehh why not?

1. LK
2. Vmpire321
3. Koopin.
4. Quarterexchange

5. MasterKage
6.
7. lovelife
8. Viper-King

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:11:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll try this out...

1. LK
2. Vmpire321
3. Koopin.
4. Quarterexchange

5. MasterKage
6. Xerge
7. lovelife
8. Viper-King

9.
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:24:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 9:21:55 PM, Koopin wrote:
It's important everyone friend each other so we can send messages.

I've got most, if not all, of the people signed up so far on my friends list. Since SH and I will need to be in all pms to know what's goig on, you don't have to worry about friending anyone but SH and I.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 10:29:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We got the best team!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 10:41:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 10:29:31 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
We got the best team!

Unless we break it up ;)
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 11:32:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Might as well mix things up a bit with a non-mafia game. I'm on my phone, can someone add me to the list? I'm not picky about numbers, just put my name anywhere. Thanks!
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 11:40:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. LK
2. Vmpire321
3. Koopin.
4. Quarterexchange

5. MasterKage
6. Xerge
7. lovelife
8. Viper-King

9. Andromeda_Z
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 11:42:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll try this out...

1. LK
2. Vmpire321
3. Koopin
4. Quarterexchange

5. MasterKage
6. Xerge
7. lovelife
8. Viper-King

9. Andromeda_Z
10.
11.
12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena