Batman Mafia - Day Phase 3

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:23:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
==== SOMEWHERE ====

The Joker sat at the edge of the Lazarus pit, feet swishing in the restorative chemicals.

"All the people I've killed, and he saves me? It makes no sense. I suppose I should laugh but ... I just don't find it funny."

Behind him stands a figure, draped in black cape and cowl.

"And now you're here, to take me back, aren't you? I could kill you, with the strength this gives me. And you should kill me, with all I've done. But neither of that will happen will it? You'll take me back, I'll escape, and we'll do this again, and again, and again."

The figure steps forward and the Joker stands up.

"Well, we should get back, before I return to my senses. Heh, heh-heh..."

Batman places a hand on the Joker's shoulder, and they walk away.

==== DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE ====

The Scarecrow prowled through the darkened office.

"Oh, Mister Dent... shall we have another session of therapy?"

A harsh voice responded.

"Dent's not here, just me. And you shouldn't have come here."

The Scarecrow turned. What moonlight was let into the office revealed the horribly disfigured half of a face. The Scarecrow raised a hand, but Two-Face caught it and pinned it against the wall. He pressed the muzzle of a gun against Scarecrow's cheek, hidden beneath the burlap mask he wore.

"The coin! D-don't you need to flip a coin?"

Two-face grinned horribly.

"Seems my hands are full. There are other methods. This revolver here? 6-shooter. 3 bullets. Seems you've got a 50/50 chance."

The shot echoed through the night.

==== POLICE PRESS CONFERENCE (in progress) ====

"Yes, we confirm reports of the recapture of the serial killer known as 'The Joker.' Initial reports from Arkham Asylum staff was that he returned of his own recognizance but soon after returning to his cell he began issued the following remarks:

'Keep 'em guessing, that's what I say! They'll never figure me out! Just wait for the second act!'

This was followed by copious amounts of disturbing laughter.

We cannot, however, confirm yet whether the body recovered in the District Attorney's office was that of an Arkham Asylym inmate, as the investigation is still on-going. The reports of the police finding .22 caliber gun shell casings near the body are the result of an inadvertant leak to the press, and should be taken with a grain of salt. We will be taking no more questions. Thank you."

==== END SCENE ====

Arkham Asylum
tvellalot: You are The Joker. You are, perhaps, Batman's greatest nemesis and most interesting villain. No one, not even yourself, is sure of your origins, motivations, or even your alignment. As such, you are as 3rd Party as 3rd Party can get.

Nevertheless, despite temporary bouts of sanity or lapsing into the persona of a harmless clown, you are an unrepentant killer - You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night you may select a person to kill.

You win when it is just you remaining.

Gotham City Cemetery
socialpinko: You are Scarecrow.

You are infatuated with the human emotion of fear, developing a drug capable of forcing people to live their greatest fears, sometimes even driving them insane - You are the RANDOMIZER. Each night you may target another individual. They will go temporary insane and will be forced to use whatever abilities they have against a random target (which may include yourself, or themselves).

People are loathe to work with such a figure as yourself, so you win with yourself, when it is just you remaining.

Blackvoid (The Mad Hatter)

Living Players
1. PartamRuhem
2. medic0506
3. Lickdafoot
4. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
5. Marauder
6. Andromeda_Z

With 6 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:57:08 PM
At 2/3/2012 7:23:41 PM, drafterman wrote:
tvellalott: You are The Joker. You are, perhaps, Batman's greatest nemesis and most interesting villain. No one, not even yourself, is sure of your origins, motivations, or even your alignment. As such, you are as 3rd Party as 3rd Party can get.

Nevertheless, despite temporary bouts of sanity or lapsing into the persona of a harmless clown, you are an unrepentant killer - You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night you may select a person to kill.

Obviously, my night action failed. Did you have to die NP2? Couldn't you just have waited until the DP so I could reveal the result of my NP action (maybe while removing my sunglasses dramatically, like Horatio from CSI Miami)? *sulks in a corner over the destruction of my plan*

Okay, time to move on. I'll go find that Drafterlist from last DP and update it.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:09:38 PM
At 2/3/2012 7:57:08 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 2/3/2012 7:23:41 PM, drafterman wrote:
tvellalott: You are The Joker. You are, perhaps, Batman's greatest nemesis and most interesting villain. No one, not even yourself, is sure of your origins, motivations, or even your alignment. As such, you are as 3rd Party as 3rd Party can get.

Obviously, my night action failed. Did you have to die NP2? Couldn't you just have waited until the DP so I could reveal the result of my NP action (maybe while removing my sunglasses dramatically, like Horatio from CSI Miami)? *sulks in a corner over the destruction of my plan*

Okay, time to move on. I'll go find that Drafterlist from last DP and update it.

hahaha that was funny...

I knew Tv was lying about being Batman. Good job on the real batman for not coming out and claiming.

I'm starting to think there are no mafia, just townies (minority) and third party (majority).
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:16:51 PM
That was the Solar System game that had a Drafterlist. I can't believe it's been 3 phases and no list for me to update. I'm going to make one now, but it could be a while, just warning you.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:18:59 PM
Hmm, so Spinko was the Scarecrow. Funny how he accused both me and Lickdafoot of being scarecrow and we accused each other. Anyways, 6 people left. I have no clue how many more third parties there are and how many mafia there are or how many town.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:32:48 PM
Vote to lynch F-16 for pressure

he stated he knew for sure from his role the scarecrow was mafia, not just a third party. He was lying or completely wrong for some reason. He needs to explain.

also AndroZ/F-16/TV is Two-Face. dont know which yet but I think its safe to eliminate TV as a possibility, he's pretty much confirmed as the Joker.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:36:21 PM
That is not true. Here is my quote:

At 2/1/2012 8:20:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Based on my role, I know for sure that Scarecrow is mafia/anti-town. And scarecrow is on the list of escapees.

See? I never said mafia. I said either mafia or anti-town. I didn't know which.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:39:13 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:32:48 PM, Marauder wrote:

he stated he knew for sure from his role the scarecrow was mafia, not just a third party. He was lying or completely wrong for some reason. He needs to explain.

also AndroZ/F-16/TV is Two-Face. dont know which yet but I think its safe to eliminate TV as a possibility, he's pretty much confirmed as the Joker.

If I had a vote it would go on Marauder for slipping that he's on the escapee list. I don't have a vote though because I was kissed by Poison Ivy last night. I lost my vote and it takes one less vote to lynch me for this day phase.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:42:14 PM

TV died, and when I character claim, that can be confirmed. According to my role PM, I get placed in a PM with Batman if I target him. The reciprocal is also true, if Batman targets me I will get put in a PM with him. Of course, this whole idea is dependent on the town believing at least one of us is telling the truth, but w/e. Point is, it's possible to confirm my character claim if and when I decide to claim it.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:42:29 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:36:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Based on my role, I know for sure that Scarecrow is mafia/anti-town. And scarecrow is on the list of escapees.

And he's also presenting misreps to try and get someone else looking suspicious.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:42:50 PM

okay, so you said (anti-town)

your still one of the two people though that I know has to be two-face. I cant see two-face with a mason PM type role so I'm leaning more towards thinking your him between you an andro, just process of elimination.

who do you claim to be? how did you know anything about scarecrow?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:49:39 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:42:50 PM, Marauder wrote:

your still one of the two people though that I know has to be two-face. I cant see two-face with a mason PM type role so I'm leaning more towards thinking your him between you an andro, just process of elimination.

I'm not a mason. This works for Batman only. That's how I can use it to tell if people are lying when they claim Batman (unless they die, of course).

I think he said it was some info in his role PM. Maybe he is Scarecrow (which I doubt, because if one of us is two face and it's not me then it has to be him), or him and Scarecrow have roles that are related (like mine and Batman's).
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:50:43 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:42:29 PM, medic0506 wrote:

And he's also presenting misreps to try and get someone else looking suspicious.

I remember him bringing it up to discredit the theory that there was no mafia or the town was not based wholy on escappes. Its cofirmed now that Two-Face is in the game so some of the names on the list have to belong to the same person or have to not be in the game completely.

I think theres somewhat confirmation of Ras al Gul is in the game, he's probably our doctor or Govner or something like that, saved Joker from lynching.

A Scout is Obedient.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:53:39 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:39:13 PM, medic0506 wrote:

If I had a vote it would go on Marauder for slipping that he's on the escapee list. I don't have a vote though because I was kissed by Poison Ivy last night. I lost my vote and it takes one less vote to lynch me for this day phase.

I got kissed two nights ago, which was why I couldn't vote either.

Does it say anything about you being hated townie now?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:53:57 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:50:43 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 2/3/2012 8:42:29 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I remember him bringing it up to discredit the theory that there was no mafia or the town was not based wholy on escappes. Its cofirmed now that Two-Face is in the game so some of the names on the list have to belong to the same person or have to not be in the game completely.

I think theres somewhat confirmation of Ras al Gul is in the game, he's probably our doctor or Govner or something like that, saved Joker from lynching.

That isn't true. I merely had some information on Scarecrow that I wished to share with the town. Marauder, did you role-claim?
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:55:39 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:52:30 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Marauder, you basically claimed a "bad" character, didn't you?

I'm thinking we should just lynch marauder. I don't really see how Riddler is going to be town. Like I said, I feel there is just a couple townies and a bunch of third parties. Seeing as he claimed one of the members of that list, and seeing how everyone else from that list is turning up third party, I say we lynch him.

He says Riddle me this a lot...maybe that's his whole thing. He needs to say it once a phase, and wins when he says it so many times.

Haha or I'm completely wrong.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:55:57 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:49:39 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 2/3/2012 8:42:50 PM, Marauder wrote:

I'm not a mason. This works for Batman only. That's how I can use it to tell if people are lying when they claim Batman (unless they die, of course).

I think he said it was some info in his role PM. Maybe he is Scarecrow (which I doubt, because if one of us is two face and it's not me then it has to be him), or him and Scarecrow have roles that are related (like mine and Batman's).

Scarcrow is dead (socialpinko) killed by Twoface

with poisin Ivy making people voteless and Two-face having what is probably a 50-50 or alternating phase ability to carry out the kill I'd say there most likely the mafia.

TV was not killed though, he was just put in Arkem, so your role purely must have failed because he was indeed not batman.

to be honest from the sounds of your role powers, I cant help but think your catwoman.

A Scout is Obedient.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:56:04 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:53:39 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

Yeah, that's why it takes 1 less vote to lynch.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:00:56 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:55:39 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

I'm thinking we should just lynch marauder. I don't really see how Riddler is going to be town. Like I said, I feel there is just a couple townies and a bunch of third parties. Seeing as he claimed one of the members of that list, and seeing how everyone else from that list is turning up third party, I say we lynch him.

He says Riddle me this a lot...maybe that's his whole thing. He needs to say it once a phase, and wins when he says it so many times.

This actually makes perfect sense. I can totally see the Riddler having to say "Riddle me this" every day phase and survive until the end to win. Is the Riddler known to have killing powers?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:01:47 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:55:57 PM, Marauder wrote:

Thanks, forgot all about that.
with poisin Ivy making people voteless and Two-face having what is probably a 50-50 or alternating phase ability to carry out the kill I'd say there most likely the mafia.

Poison Ivy is defintely the roleblocker, but I've never heard of that other role. Doesn't mean it's impossible, only that I have no idea how it's supposed to work. Does that mean the mafia can only kill every other NP, or what?

TV was not killed though, he was just put in Arkem, so your role purely must have failed because he was indeed not batman.

Maybe. I thought he was dead because his role PM was posted, is he really still alive (but in Arkham), or is this just Drafter being creative with the OP?

to be honest from the sounds of your role powers, I cant help but think your catwoman.

Not confirming or denying that atm, you have a partial role claim and that's really all I think is necessary.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:03:36 PM

My win condition has nothing to do with saying 'Riddle me this', I just think thats an increblly fun phrase to say in this game, cause it is.

I'm the only person who is playing pro-town in this game so far, I've been strait foward about my role and provided information to move along our lynch decisions. Its confirmed I knew TV was lying about his role as we know now with him in arkem and I have provided info on the possible two-face's this phase.

My role does not kill and that's why you need to keep me playing.

no one else has provided anything useful in the from of info other than me.

A Scout is Obedient.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:04:36 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:01:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Thanks, forgot all about that.

Poison Ivy is defintely the roleblocker, but I've never heard of that other role. Doesn't mean it's impossible, only that I have no idea how it's supposed to work. Does that mean the mafia can only kill every other NP, or what?

Maybe. I thought he was dead because his role PM was posted, is he really still alive (but in Arkham), or is this just Drafter being creative with the OP?

Not confirming or denying that atm, you have a partial role claim and that's really all I think is necessary.

I was waiting for this.

The difference between Arkham and the Cemetery is flavor only. There are not differences in terms of game mechanics. They are both not in the game.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:05:25 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:04:36 PM, drafterman wrote:
I was waiting for this.

The difference between Arkham and the Cemetery is flavor only. There are not differences in terms of game mechanics. They are both not in the game.

I thought so, thanks for clarifying.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:11:19 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:01:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I think they are bound to be handicaped in there kills considering theres just 9 people to start with and a serial killer role

read the end of the last dayphase, Drafter said the phase ended in a no-lynch and that it was not a mistake inspite of TV having 5/5 legit votes on himself.

come on..... with having given up role info its hardly worth seeing how holding back character is still needed.

if your worried cause 'the wiki' says your a villian, its okay I think Batman is the only hero in the game everyone who has said they are not that died was proven to be lying and its clear this game runs around intresting third party roles. no one has had the gaull to claim a hero like robin/gorden/batgirl except TV who we know was lying.

that fact that you go ahead and claim your villian would just show your actually being honest in this game like I am.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:15:24 PM

I was waiting for this.

you say 'not in the game'. as in 'right now', but it would seem the OP suggested game mechanic wise arkem you can get out of while the cemetary you cant.

oh wait I bet I get it, batman has to lock so many people up to win..... mabye Taila is controling the pits and batman can only lock up the people who were saved from lynching or something like that........

A Scout is Obedient.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:20:05 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:15:24 PM, Marauder wrote:

I was waiting for this.

you say 'not in the game'. as in 'right now', but it would seem the OP suggested game mechanic wise arkem you can get out of while the cemetary you cant.

Then I will explicitly assert that there is no game mechanic that treats the two differently. I simply included the difference for flavor reasons as, obviously, Batman wouldn't be putting his targets in the graveyard, but neither would insane psychopaths be putting their targets back in prison.

oh wait I bet I get it, batman has to lock so many people up to win..... mabye Taila is controling the pits and batman can only lock up the people who were saved from lynching or something like that........
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:22:15 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:56:04 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/3/2012 8:53:39 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

Yeah, that's why it takes 1 less vote to lynch.

This should confirm both of us to an extent.

We both have the same characteristics of the kiss, so were not making it up.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:24:37 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:03:36 PM, Marauder wrote:

My win condition has nothing to do with saying 'Riddle me this', I just think thats an increblly fun phrase to say in this game, cause it is.

I'm the only person who is playing pro-town in this game so far, I've been strait foward about my role and provided information to move along our lynch decisions. Its confirmed I knew TV was lying about his role as we know now with him in arkem and I have provided info on the possible two-face's this phase.

I hate when people say they're the only ones playing pro-town. It's like they should get bonus town cred because mafia would never act pro-town, would they?? You knew TV was lying because I went out and researched his claim and found the info saying he was lying. I get some bonus points for that, right??

My role does not kill and that's why you need to keep me playing.

no one else has provided anything useful in the from of info other than me.

What info have you provided that is confirmed or confirmable??