Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Assassins in the Palace: Reverse Mafia

royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:50:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey, I am thinking about running a version of Assassins in the Palace. It is basically a reverse of mafia insofar as the town (guards) are informed while the Assassin (mafia) is uninformed.

More detailed description:

Setup
1 Assassin
1 King
X Guards

Role PM's

Assassin
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Assassin.

Abilities:
You have a one-shot assassination attempt, which you can make at any point in the game (even after being lynched).

Win condition:
You win if you assassinate the king, regardless of whether you are lynched.

King
Welcome, [Player Name], you are the King.

Abilities:
You have no abilities, but your survival is crucial to the kingdom. It is your job to avoid the assassination attempt.
The Guards all know your identity, but you do not know theirs.

Win condition:
You win if you survive the assassination attempt.

Guard
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Guard.

Abilities:
It is your duty to protect the King who is [Player Name] from being assassinated.
You and every other guard know the identity of the King.

Win condition:
You win if the King survives the assassination attempt.

The game does not end when the Assassin dies; rather, it ends when the Assassin decides to use his killing ability. In addition, there are no Night Phases: there are only Day Phases.

Trial Run Signups
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:52:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:50:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Hey, I am thinking about running a version of Assassins in the Palace. It is basically a reverse of mafia insofar as the town (guards) are informed while the Assassin (mafia) is uninformed.

More detailed description:

Setup
1 Assassin
1 King
X Guards

Role PM's


Assassin
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Assassin.

Abilities:
You have a one-shot assassination attempt, which you can make at any point in the game (even after being lynched).

Win condition:
You win if you assassinate the king, regardless of whether you are lynched.





King
Welcome, [Player Name], you are the King.

Abilities:
You have no abilities, but your survival is crucial to the kingdom. It is your job to avoid the assassination attempt.
The Guards all know your identity, but you do not know theirs.

Win condition:
You win if you survive the assassination attempt.





Guard
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Guard.

Abilities:
It is your duty to protect the King who is [Player Name] from being assassinated.
You and every other guard know the identity of the King.

Win condition:
You win if the King survives the assassination attempt.

The game does not end when the Assassin dies; rather, it ends when the Assassin decides to use his killing ability. In addition, there are no Night Phases: there are only Day Phases.

Trial Run Signups
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King
9.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:52:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Trial Run Signups
1. OberHerr
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:52:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:52:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Trial Run Signups
1. OberHerr
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King
9.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:52:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:52:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:52:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Trial Run Signups
1. OberHerr
2. HCP
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King
9.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:54:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VK....seriously if you troll this game.....I will kill you...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:55:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:54:56 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Do the guards know the identity of each other?

No. They only know the identity of the King.

The guards may also lynch one person per day.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:57:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Heavy anti-mafia basis much? Honestly, all the guards are going to claim king and the ONLY way that the assassin will be able to win is through shear luck. It's not beneficial for them to lynch anybody since they only win if the King survives the assassination attempt. I project stagnant inactivity coupled with a Town win.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:58:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:55:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:54:56 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Do the guards know the identity of each other?

No. They only know the identity of the King.

The guards may also lynch one person per day.

Hmm, sounds VERY interesting.

This will be fun.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:58:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, how does the assassination work? If the game ends when the assassination happens, doesn't that mean the the assassin can just stall until he knows who the king really is, as he can use his ability even when lynched? That's a guarantee win for the assassin.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:58:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:57:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Heavy anti-mafia basis much? Honestly, all the guards are going to claim king and the ONLY way that the assassin will be able to win is through shear luck. It's not beneficial for them to lynch anybody since they only win if the King survives the assassination attempt. I project stagnant inactivity coupled with a Town win.

Do not worry: I already predicted this. I am going to add a few twists of my own.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:58:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:57:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Heavy anti-mafia basis much? Honestly, all the guards are going to claim king and the ONLY way that the assassin will be able to win is through shear luck. It's not beneficial for them to lynch anybody since they only win if the King survives the assassination attempt. I project stagnant inactivity coupled with a Town win.

You and every other guard know the identity of the king...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:59:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:58:21 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Okay, how does the assassination work? If the game ends when the assassination happens, doesn't that mean the the assassin can just stall until he knows who the king really is, as he can use his ability even when lynched? That's a guarantee win for the assassin.

No, it is not a guaranteed win. Also, I will be adding a time limit that will only be known to the assassin.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 5:59:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The one problem I could see with this game, is that you cant really add new roles, or stuff like that, to make it interesting.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:00:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:00:13 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
So the king really sucks then. He has no abilities or protection from assassination.

Well, what should he have?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:01:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:00:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:00:13 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
So the king really sucks then. He has no abilities or protection from assassination.

Well, what should he have?

It just seems unfair for me. The king doesn't do anything and sits there waiting for the assassin to pick somebody.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:02:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:01:39 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:00:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:00:13 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
So the king really sucks then. He has no abilities or protection from assassination.

Well, what should he have?

It just seems unfair for me. The king doesn't do anything and sits there waiting for the assassin to pick somebody.

Well, he can VTL. And what would you make he do besides?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:02:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 5:52:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:52:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:52:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Trial Run Signups
1. OberHerr
2. HCP
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. Viper-King
9. LK

I'll play along.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:02:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There should be another way the king can win, or at least give him something that he can use against the assassin.

Maybe add some corrupt guards or something who are allied with the assassin?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:03:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just saying RP, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, make VK the Assassin or the King.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:03:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:02:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:01:39 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:00:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:00:13 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
So the king really sucks then. He has no abilities or protection from assassination.

Well, what should he have?

It just seems unfair for me. The king doesn't do anything and sits there waiting for the assassin to pick somebody.

Well, he can VTL. And what would you make he do besides?

Yeah, that's another thing I don't get. Why would the king have to vote? It should be instant lynch, as he is king.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:03:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:03:18 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Just saying RP, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, make VK the Assassin or the King.

LOL, I cannot guarantee that I will not make him either of those roles.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:04:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:03:27 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:02:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:01:39 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:00:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 6:00:13 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
So the king really sucks then. He has no abilities or protection from assassination.

Well, what should he have?

It just seems unfair for me. The king doesn't do anything and sits there waiting for the assassin to pick somebody.

Well, he can VTL. And what would you make he do besides?

Yeah, that's another thing I don't get. Why would the king have to vote? It should be instant lynch, as he is king.

......and that would immediatlely give him away, and take away the point of the guards doing anything but sitting there, hoping the King gets the assassin...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:18:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 6:02:20 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:52:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:52:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 5:52:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Trial Run Signups
1. OberHerr
2. HCP
3.
4.
5.
6.
7. Vmpire321
8. Viper-King
9. LK

I'll play along.
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:29:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Trial Run Signups
1. OberHerr
2. HCP
3. Jordan56
4.
5.
6.
7. Vmpire321
8. Viper-King
9. LK

I'll play, the game sounds quite interesting.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 6:30:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Perhaps we should keep it at this #, or maybe add just a few more. 8 Seems like a lot for this game.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-