Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Should we remove the large games list?

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:29:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We basically have about two mods remaining from this list who actually are still active on this site. After DNinja and HPG run their games, should we just remove the list entirely. Also, no one on this list showed any inclination whatsoever to run their game.

Here are the remaining people who are yet to mod from the large games list:

LARGE GAMES (over 14 players)

- DetectableNinja (Harry Potter OR Shakespeare--4 Great Tragedies Edition)
- Nerdy (TBD) - Said he isn't ready
- M.Torres (The Legend of Zelda) - On Hiatus
- Korashk (Heisei Era Kamen Rider) - Never heard of him
- Crede (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Quit mafia a long time ago
- Headphonegut (TBD)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:34:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 1:29:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
We basically have about two mods remaining from this list who actually are still active on this site. After DNinja and HPG run their games, should we just remove the list entirely. Also, no one on this list showed any inclination whatsoever to run their game.

Here are the remaining people who are yet to mod from the large games list:

LARGE GAMES (over 14 players)

- DetectableNinja (Harry Potter OR Shakespeare--4 Great Tragedies Edition)
- Nerdy (TBD) - Said he isn't ready
- M.Torres (The Legend of Zelda) - On Hiatus
- Korashk (Heisei Era Kamen Rider) - Never heard of him
- Crede (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Quit mafia a long time ago
- Headphonegut (TBD)

I agree . . .
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:34:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Last I recall, you can host large games on the regular games list so there is really no point anymore. None of them are actually doing anything and it is simply a waste of space.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:35:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 1:34:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I agree . . .

Lol, I seriously wish I signed up on this list. I started playing around the same time as Crede.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:38:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 1:34:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Last I recall, you can host large games on the regular games list so there is really no point anymore. None of them are actually doing anything and it is simply a waste of space.

Even HPG is only intermittently active. DetectableNinja is like the only person on this list. If enough people agree, the list should probably be removed as soon as DNinja posts signups for his game.

An added advantage is that the small games will run faster. With the insane amount of activity among the newer mafia players, the new list will go super-fast especially with no other list to worry about and 3-4 games from the new list can be run at a time.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:43:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I vote to remove the large game list. Never really understood the point of it.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:47:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was thinking I could start a petition to remove the large games list (except Detectable Ninja). If we get about 25 members to vote to remove it, I think it would reflect the views of the entire mafia community.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:51:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, what I fail to see is the point in it. Why bother, since is there even a cap on the players you can have in a normal game?

I think we should have a first-time-mod-list, for noob mods like me. Be helpful, so people know that mod needs help or whatever.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 4:14:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 1:29:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
- Korashk (Heisei Era Kamen Rider) - Never heard of him

Have a look at the creator of the Mafia Mod thread.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 5:37:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 4:14:47 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/5/2012 1:29:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
- Korashk (Heisei Era Kamen Rider) - Never heard of him

Have a look at the creator of the Mafia Mod thread.

Yeah, I know he created it but the only game I've ever played with him in it was Pixar vs Dreamworks and I replaced him because he was inactive. Inactive players tend to be inactive mods and I don't think he posted in the games forum for months, maybe years.