1. Viper-Scummy Guard
2. Jordan-Guard
3. LordKnukle-Guard
4. OberHerr-Vengeful Guard
5. vmpire-Inquisitive Guard
6. HCP-King
7. Koopin-Assassin

Engame Analysis

When I said that this game was the opposite of mafia, I really did mean it; the problem in this game was that the town gave too much information away. I asked Koopin how he figured out who the King was, and this was his reply:

Possible Kings:

1. OberHerr = dead so no.

2. Jordan56 = not king because to many votes on him, so no.

3. Viper-King = dead, could be investigated so there is a cop, so no.

4. Vmpire321 = cop, not king because HCP said that he was suspicious of him.

5. Knuckle = not king because he has suspicion on him.

6. HCP has never been called for a vote. The "Maybe i'm the assassin" thing really made up my mind at the end.

If I were town, I would have played differently. The two vanillas should have functioned as decoys to the King; in the end, Koopin should have been forced to pick between three players. The only way that this could have ever happened is if the vanillas had agreed to not claim. In addition, the power roles only served to give the assassin more information. Instead of being trusted, the power roles should have been lynched (you guys did lynch two of the unusual roles, so you were headed in the right direction). Finally, the town should have put pressure on the King at some point so that it would not have been so obvious that he was the King.

I saw two other critical mistakes:

1. OberHerr claimed Amnesiac Guard and was thus lynched because, as Knukle noted, it would have been the perfect assassin fakeclaim. Ober should have probably claimed vanilla and then proceeded to lead a lynch on Jordan.

2. Vmpire lied about his results and said that he had investigated both HCP and LK. I understand that he was trying to get himself confirmed, but that was also another clue that HCP was the King because HCP had never been pressured at all. There was no reason to investigate him.

Also, some people noted that it would not have been fair to let the assassin shoot after he had been lynched. The problem with this is that the assassin has a pretty good chance of losing if he dies when he is lynched rather than if he is only given a certain time limit in which to select the King. If you had lynched Koopin DP1, for example, he would have lost immediately without any chance of winning, and as the game progressed, he would have had a greater chance of losing. Perhaps a compromise would be to let the assassin shoot right after he is lynched . . .

Lynching the assassin would still have been beneficial to the town because it would have restricted the amount of information that he could have received. If he had been lynched, Koopin would not have had as mean dead townies to work with, and would probably have had to guess between two or three people.

I understand where everyone was coming from, however. People played the game as if it were mafia.

I can do another round next weekend. What did you guys think about the game?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 6:55:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 6:54:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am definitely going to play this. Seemed fun from the outside.

lol, were you following the game? Do you have any ideas for improvement?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 6:56:06 PM
Maybe make it harder for the third party to win? I really screwed up.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 6:56:18 PM
At 2/5/2012 6:55:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/5/2012 6:54:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am definitely going to play this. Seemed fun from the outside.

lol, were you following the game? Do you have any ideas for improvement?

Not really. It went by really fast. I just looked at the thread at random times when I was online and posting in other threads.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 6:56:53 PM
At 2/5/2012 6:56:06 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Maybe make it harder for the third party to win? I really screwed up.

No problem. This trial run was probably just strange because you had to play in exactly the opposite fashion that you would play mafia.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 7:01:43 PM
Good game. It was fun. The only thing that I didn't like was the it was allowed for the assassin to kill after he died. There is an amount of risk involved in a game and if the assassin gets lynched DP1 then oh well. It would have most likely been his fault anyways.
So in essence, I would keep it as is, but when the assassin dies, he really dies forever.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 7:27:32 PM
I think this is a good idea for a game. I think I would like to try modding a version of this with some different updates.

This was a success, even though it was supposed to be a trial game.

Nice idea royal.

Good job koopin.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:00:39 PM
At 2/6/2012 6:57:39 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
The thing is, royal, I don't understand how king and guards are supposed to win.

If the assassin kills the wrong person, the town wins.

I think that Knukle is right, so I am going to modify the next game when I run it next weekend. The assassin will be able to fire his bullet when he pleases up until the point that he is lynched. When he is finally lynched, he will be forced to fire his bullet if he has already not done so.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:14:39 PM
At 2/6/2012 7:00:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The thing is, royal, I don't understand how king and guards are supposed to win.

I think that Knukle is right, so I am going to modify the next game when I run it next weekend. The assassin will be able to fire his bullet when he pleases up until the point that he is lynched. When he is finally lynched, he will be forced to fire his bullet if he has already not done so.

But, the guards have to lynch someone every dp, can't he just wait until there is 2 people left?
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:15:28 PM
At 2/6/2012 7:14:39 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:

But, the guards have to lynch someone every dp, can't he just wait until there is 2 people left?

I had a time limit.
kfc
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:15:57 PM
At 2/6/2012 7:15:28 PM, Koopin wrote:

I had a time limit.

Oh, that makes sense then. How long was the time limit?
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:18:30 PM
At 2/6/2012 7:15:57 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 2/6/2012 7:15:28 PM, Koopin wrote:

I had a time limit.

Oh, that makes sense then. How long was the time limit?

I had until day 4. I shot DP 3 because I was already 90% sure I'd hit the king, and I also didn't want someone using a hidden ability I did not know about on me.
kfc