Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:35:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Town Wins!

Survivors
1. PartamRuhem
2. F-16

Explanation: Full actions below but last night phase Andro watched F-16, taking a hit to her vest as F-16 was PGO last night. TV also targeted Andro, killing her. PR then recaptures TV. That leaves PR and F-16. However, F-16 would be anti-town during DP5 but with 1 town 1 anti-town, there is no voting majority, forcing a No Lynch. NP5 F-16 would flip back to town. All town players = town win. F-16 wins as Harvey Dent.

REMAINING ROLES:
tv: You are The Joker. You are, perhaps, Batman's greatest nemesis and most interesting villain. No one, not even yourself, is sure of your origins, motivations, or even your alignment. As such, you are as 3rd Party as 3rd Party can get.

Nevertheless, despite temporary bouts of sanity or lapsing into the persona of a harmless clown, you are an unrepentant killer - You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night you may select a person to kill.

You are also notoriously hard to kill, recovering from seemingly impossible situations - You are the 1-SHOT SELF-REVIVER. The first time you die, you will revive one phase later, during the night. For example, if you die during either DP2 or NP2, you will revive at the beginning of NP3. This condition will be kept secret when you die the first time, and only applies if the game is still active.

You win when it is just you remaining.

(Note: I know this says die, but I was speaking of "die" in the game mechanics sense as targeted by a killing role and removed from the game. The difference between being killed and captured was simply flavor - no difference game mechanics-wise. TV was killed/captured by Batman and escaped because of his own reviver abilty)

PR:
You are Batman. I repeat. You are BATMAN. You are the World's Greatest Detective and Terror of the Night.

While you eschew lethal methods you nevertheless are capable of taking people out of the game and imprisoning them in Arkham Asylum - You are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select a person to kill/imprison.

Your equipment and training also make you nigh impossible to kill - You are BULLETPROOF. So long as you are bulletprooft, you cannot be killed at night.

Lastly, as the World's Greatest Detective, you have an unerring ability to discover the criminal elements of society - You are the DAY COP. At any point during each Day Phase, you may select an individual for investigation and will receive "Innocent" or "Guilty." This result won't be given to you until the beginning of the Night Phase.

You win with the town.

F-16:
You are Harvey Dent, noted Defense Attorney. You can use your political clout to help put criminals away - You are the ODD-NIGHT POLITICIAN. Each odd night phase, you may select a person and redirect their vote to another. Starting on odd night phases, you win with the town.

You are Two-Face, noted insane psychopath. You are a severly disturbed individual and highly unpredictable - You are the EVEN-NIGHT PARANOID GUN OWNER. Every even night phase, you will reflexively kill anyone that targets you. Starting on even night phases, you win when it is just you remaining.

Mod Notes on Role Functionality:
You start the game on DP1 as Two-face.
Beginning NP1, you will flip to Harvey Dent, and will remain Harvey Dent through DP2.
Beginning NP2, you will flip back to Two-face, and will remain Two-face through DP3.
This flip-flop will continue until you die or the game ends.
If you die, whichever you are (Harvey Dent/Two-face) becomes your role permanently, and only that part of your role will be revealed.

Option: You may reverse and instead start the game as Harvey Dent, becoming an Odd-Night PGO and Even-Night Politician. I will update the Role PM accordingly if you choose this.
As Harvey Dent, you investigate "Innocent." As Two-face, you investigate "Guilty."

Andro:
You are Catwoman. Your status as a hero or villain is ambiguous, subject to your whim. As such, you must choose (your choice is permanent):

You are Catwoman, anti-hero and sometimes ally/lover to Batman. You are the LOVER. Each night you may target an individual. If that individual is Batman, you will enter a Lover's PM with him. Additionally, if you are targeted by Batman, you will enter a Lover's PM with him. You are also the CAT OF ALL TRADES: Your luck grants you 1-SHOT BULLETPROOF, your stealth grants you 1-SHOT TRACKER, and your observational skills grants you 1-SHOT WATCHER. You win with the town.

You are Catwoman, burglar and thief. You are the TRACKER. Each night you may target another individual. You will track that individual and learn who they visit. You are the THIEF. When you track someone, you will also have a 50/50 chance of stealing an item from them, which could reveal a clue about their identity. You win with yourself, when it is just you and another remaining.

(Note: Andro chose the town-sided option).

ACTION SUMMARY
DP1:
Town: TV, LDF, Marauder, BV, PR, medic - Vote to No Lynch

NP1:

1. tvellalott (Joker) - Kill Blackvoid
2. BlackVoid (Mat Hatter) - Hat F-16
3. PartamRuhem (Batman) - Day Copped Spinko (Guilty), Vig Spinko (Roleblocked)
4. medic0506 (Ra's Al Ghul) - Nothing
5. Lickdafoot (Poison Ivy) - Kisses PR
6. socialpinko (Scarecrow) - Scares self, randomly redirects self to F-16
7. F-16_Fighting_Falcon (Harvey Dent) - Blackvoid votes for Lickdafoot (original action), randomized to: Lickdafoot votes for Maurader
8. Marauder (Riddler) - Guesses: Tv as Azrael (False)
9. Andromeda_Z (Catwoman) - Pick F-16 as Lover (No Effect)

DP2:
Town: Marauder, spinko, F-16, medic, TV - Vote to Lynch TV, changed to No Lynch by medic

NP2:

1. tvellalott (Joker) - Nothing (Rendered temporarily sane from Lazarus pits)
2. PartamRuhem (Batman) - Day Copped Andro (Innocent), Capture TV
3. medic0506 (Ra's Al Ghul) - Save TV
4. Lickdafoot (Poison Ivy) - Kisses Medic (Nothing to Roleblock, medic's ability happens at the end of the Day Phase. Still weakened.)
5. socialpinko (Scarecrow) - F-16
6. F-16_Fighting_Falcon (Two-Face) - Nothing
7. Marauder (Riddler) - Riddles: TV, Andro, F-16 (Learns "One of thoseis Harvey Dent/Two-Face")
8. Andromeda_Z (Catwoman) - Pick TV as Lover (No Effect), Track TV (Visits No One).
10:23 PM 2/6/2012
DP3:
Town: PR, F-16 - Vote to Lynch LDF (Day Phase timed out, Plurality rules)

NP3:

1. tvellalott (Joker) - Escapes. Kills medic.
2. PartamRuhem (Batman) - Day Copped Medic (Innocent), Vig Marauder
3. medic0506 (Ra's Al Ghul) - Nothing
4. F-16_Fighting_Falcon (Harvey Dent) - PR votes to Not Lynch
5. Marauder (Riddler) - Guesses: medic as Batman (False)
6. Andromeda_Z (Catwoman) - Pick Medic as Lover (No Effect)

DP4:

Town: PR, Andro, F-16 - Vote to No Lynch

NP4:

1. tvellalott (Joker) - Kill Andromeda
2. PartamRuhem (Batman) - Day Cop F16 (Innocent), Vig TV
3. F-16_Fighting_Falcon (Two-Face) - Nothing
4. Andromeda_Z (Catwoman) - Pick PR as Lover (PM Created), Watch F-16 (PGO Bullet hits Vest)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:37:42 PM
I know the town sides seem extremely powered, however I was expecting everyone - once it was realized it was minority town and majority 3rd parties - to gang up and lynch him.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:39:17 PM
Town were stupidly overpowered. There was no possible way for me to win.
Was still fun though. This has inspired me to develop something... Watch this space.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:42:18 PM
I mean, lol...
I had two fvcking bulletproofs and a PGO left.
If Andro hadn't been such a fail and visited the PGO, she would have been alive too.
*facepalm*

Muh threads
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:43:38 PM
At 2/6/2012 9:42:18 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I mean, lol...
If Andro hadn't been such a fail and visited the PGO, she would have been alive too.
*facepalm*

Okay, that was a dumb move on my part, but I even said in one of the DPs (whichever one it was where you were about to get lynched) that I didn't need protection. You targeted me anyway.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:47:14 PM
So what if Andro didn't visit me? Town would still have won. Me, Andro and PR would have remained. If I convinced them to no lynch, I would have won with the town along with them.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:48:16 PM
At 2/6/2012 9:47:14 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
So what if Andro didn't visit me? Town would still have won. Me, Andro and PR would have remained. If I convinced them to no lynch, I would have won with the town along with them.

I was wondering about that scenario. Not sure they would have taken their chances.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:51:30 PM
At 2/6/2012 9:43:38 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I mean, lol...
*facepalm*

Okay, that was a dumb move on my part, but I even said in one of the DPs (whichever one it was where you were about to get lynched) that I didn't need protection. You targeted me anyway.

I didn't forget about your protection, but I had to risk it.
The only way for me to win was to kill you and hope PR was anti-town and would work with me. He was Batman, so that didn't work. :/

There was no possible way for me to win, since you were all town (which really shocked me, I honestly thought everyone was third-party).

I really liked the game, but feel like the odds were massively stacked against me. Only a very unlikely chain of events would have won the game for me. I did enjoy it though. First time I've been serial killer on DDO! :D

I think we should have known with a bit more certainty that we (the villains) were a majority and Batman should have been the one who had to lie and hide. I liked the flavour. I liked the game.

But I hate losing, so I give it 0/10. :P (8/10)

Muh threads
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:02:19 AM
Unfortunately this ended. I've been folllowing the whole game and it's been the most awesomest mafia game I've ever seen... Great job to all of you playing and Drafterman.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 7:59:32 AM
At 2/6/2012 9:51:30 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/6/2012 9:43:38 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I mean, lol...
*facepalm*

I didn't forget about your protection, but I had to risk it.
The only way for me to win was to kill you and hope PR was anti-town and would work with me. He was Batman, so that didn't work. :/

There was no possible way for me to win, since you were all town (which really shocked me, I honestly thought everyone was third-party).

I really liked the game, but feel like the odds were massively stacked against me. Only a very unlikely chain of events would have won the game for me. I did enjoy it though. First time I've been serial killer on DDO! :D

I think we should have known with a bit more certainty that we (the villains) were a majority and Batman should have been the one who had to lie and hide. I liked the flavour. I liked the game.

But I hate losing, so I give it 0/10. :P (8/10)

Yeah, I didn't realize that until you came back and was thinking to myself, "Wow, he's fvcked."

I honestly though town was going to have a MUCH harder time. I thought the basic setup (Town vs. 3rds) was going to be figured out no later than DP3 and they would gang up on Batman. I didn't expect everyone to play things so close to the chest, nor did I expect Batman to remain hidden throughout the entire game.

Because of this, my main considerations were how the 3rds would work against each other closer to the end game. I figured that Batman would have a hard enough time as it is.

With Two-Face only being town 50% of the time, and Catwoman being able to choose, I figured that effectively made it only 2 town on average.

Here is some of the background:

Batman
Obviously Batman *had* to be vigilante. The reason I introduced the whole "captured/Arkham Asylum" flavor was to note Batman's aversion to killing. The game mechanic worked just the same, I hadn't considered that this would be confusing. Since Batman was going to be in the majority, I made him bulletproof to help him survive. Now, you may say this made him overpowered, but no body targeted him with lethal powers - he never took a hit.

He was temporarily depowered by Poison Ivy and he could have been killed then, but other than that, his BP was never put to the test.

Now, experienced players know not to use vigilante powers wantonly, but that would be a problem given this set-up. That's why I added the Day-Cop: He'd get usable guilty results, but only get them at the end of the Day phase, encouraging him to us his power at night.

PR actually picked up on this rather quickly.

Joker
Obviously Joker had to be the serial killer, but couldn't *just* be that. I now regret not adding additional mechanics to make this character more winnable. My intention was, the Joker gets a few kills, is either killed or lynched, but then unexpectedly comes back a phase later, at night, and gets another kill. I think medic lowered TV's chances by saving him. If he was lynched, then PR would have targeted someone else - no telling who. When TV came back, it would have been with one less person. Depending on the line-up, it could have been a very different game.

If I were to replay this set-up, I'd make Joker more powerful on return, such as his kill not being able to be stopped, or an extra kill the night he comes back.

Even though he wasn't a Jester, getting purposefuly lynched is a viable tactic for this character.

Two-Face
I had this character figured out pretty early on. I wanted to reflect the dual nature, hence the flipping of the town. I also wanted him to be a killing character, but not another SK, which is why I made him PGO.

Originally, I had him being the same character on the same numbered phases. For example, If he would be Harvey Dent DP2-NP2 rather than NP1-DP2. The problem is, he'd be using the night abilities of one character the day before switching to the next. So he'd use his Poli power as Harvey before he would flip to Two-face the next day. With this in mind, he'd be using his poli power to win as Two-face, and I didn't want that, so that's why I flipped it.

If I were to change anything with this character, I would make the flip a 50% chance, rather than flip everynight.

Poison Ivy
This character originally started out as simply the Roleblocker, but I knew I needed to amp it up and give it some capability to kill. Hence the Voteless/Hated mechanic. In the end game, Poison Ivy would be able to vote someone out herself if she needed to. I also made it so she render's people's protection null.

Orginally, this character was Mr. Freeze, but I changed it to Ivy for LDF. As perceptive as the player's were, they didn't pick up that everyone had characters to match their gender.

Scarecrow
This one, I think, was one of my weakest characters. The reason I made this game so small was because, even with 9, I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for ways to make these characters interesting and unique. He basically was just a randomizer, not much to it. If paired up with a killing role, he'd have a 50% chance of making them kill themselves.

Catwoman
Again, I knew early one I wanted her to have the ability to choose her alignment. Originally, the town-sided part only had the Lover and 1-shot BP, but near the end it hit upon me to make it a type of JOAT.

The 3rd-party sided is a bit weak, simply being Tracker and 50/50 Role Cop. I might make both sides a JOAT of types. I'd probably have to retweak this one if this were to be replayed.

The Riddler
This character went through MAJOR changes through-out the process. I wasn't really sure what to do with it, but I knew I wanted the character in the game. I took inspiration from the Epic Mafia Werewolf role (an older version than what appears). The role previously won if it correctly guessed the role of two players. I made that here the ability to correctly guess the characters of two players.

I originally had the requirement to be 3 guesses (with 2 anti-town) but thought the game wouldn't be long enough to facilitate that, so I changed it to 2 and 1. The reason for the 1 anti-town was because I thought town-sided characters would more readily claim whereas the 3rds would fake.

The Riddle part was to help narrow down the choices. I am completely impressed by Marauder's use of this character as a flavored cop, helping town. If I were to do this again, though, I'd might add some additional features. For example, if the Riddler guesses correctly, he's Bulletproof that night phase, and can't be lynched the next Day phase.

Mad Hatter
Another character that was figured out pretty easily. I really regret that BV was killed off so soon, I wanted to see the chaos he would introduce. In retrospect, I might make it so he can Hat someone AND control 1 person with a hat. Otherwise he's wasting his first 3 night phases and is completely vulnerable.

Ra's Al Ghul
This is another character that went through a lot of changes. I knew I had to work in the Lazarus pits somehow. At some point, he was a Doctor, then I changed to Governor. I also added the 1-shot Governor to help spare him from Batman, but this character problem needs something else to help him survive.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 6:01:07 PM
Overall, Drafterman, I loved playing in the game. There was the initial twist that there was no mafia, which you pulled off very well, and then multiple surprises.

For instance, I suspected Andro even AFTER I got an innocent on her. I contemplated targeting her instead of Marauder. My thinking was that someone was going to appear innocent to my investigation (turned out to be Medic), and she was very interested in knowing who Batman was.

But I didn't (good thing). I feel that the game could have been very different if the mad hatter didn't die off so quickly. Perhaps there should have been more protection in the game for characters.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 6:02:50 PM
This game has inspired me to create a pure-third party game, but I'm further along in developing the next HvV game so given that AND the amount of thought that's going to have to go into the Pure 3rd Party game, it will probably be a while off.

Muh threads
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 6:12:23 PM
At 2/7/2012 6:02:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:
This game has inspired me to create a pure-third party game, but I'm further along in developing the next HvV game so given that AND the amount of thought that's going to have to go into the Pure 3rd Party game, it will probably be a while off.

AND You being my co-mod in BB mafia, RIGHT?!?!!
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 6:36:39 PM
At 2/7/2012 6:12:23 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 2/7/2012 6:02:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:

AND You being my co-mod in BB mafia, RIGHT?!?!!

Of course.

Muh threads