Jump to topic:

Nations at Arms - The Kattegat Feedback

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:49:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anyone have anything to say so far? Also, I have compiled a list of faults and how we shall address them (to be published, but some of them are:)

Difficulty of learning curve
Knowing what to do
Online time-periods.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:50:56 AM
At 2/7/2012 1:49:42 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Anyone have anything to say so far? Also, I have compiled a list of faults and how we shall address them (to be published, but some of them are:)

Knowing what to do
Online time-periods.

Yeah, all of those things are why I stopped. It needed more instructions. I know why I liked Ore_ele's game more, it's becuase we each played a nation of our own. Teams are hard becuase you can't get anything done and there's more reading than playing.
kfc
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:57:59 AM
Yeah. Sorry.

1. I'm not clear on what my role actually did. It said I made legislation, but then it was said that everyone makes legislation. As far as I could tell, I got to set the tax rate. Whoopededoo.

2. On the other end of the spectrum, I see Labor and War ministers with miles long lists of buildings and units.

I'm not sure what the objective of the game was, what we were supposed to be doing in the several different PMs versus the public thread. It was more like, here's some info, go!

Not really my thing.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:03:28 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:50:56 AM, Koopin wrote:

Knowing what to do
Online time-periods.
Group play is awkward

Yeah, all of those things are why I stopped. It needed more instructions. I know why I liked Ore_ele's game more, it's becuase we each played a nation of our own. Teams are hard becuase you can't get anything done and there's more reading than playing.

OK, I think there are a few things we can do then to help solve the problems.

1) Construction of a 'manual' of how to do everything
2) Make the team-building a lot more user-oriented, instead of random teams
3) Let people "go it alone" if they wish.
4) Make days last twice as long
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:19:43 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:57:59 AM, drafterman wrote:
Yeah. Sorry.

1. I'm not clear on what my role actually did. It said I made legislation, but then it was said that everyone makes legislation. As far as I could tell, I got to set the tax rate. Whoopededoo.

2. On the other end of the spectrum, I see Labor and War ministers with miles long lists of buildings and units.

I'm not sure what the objective of the game was, what we were supposed to be doing in the several different PMs versus the public thread. It was more like, here's some info, go!

Not really my thing.

this.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 2:18:30 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:50:56 AM, Koopin wrote:

Knowing what to do
Online time-periods.

I was thinking that people should go at it alone.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 4:02:23 PM
I've never played one of these games before but I like the idea, I really do. Unfortunately, it seems difficult to learn. Perhaps the people that know how to play could put together a little tutorial to help newbs out. Maybe even a beginner game to walk us through what to do and how to do it.

Also, on the shopping lists, we need to break it down. List the things that you can buy or build at the beginning of the game. Want to build a workshop or a shipyard?? First you have to have this, this, and this. That kind of thing, so that we have some direction and know what we're preparing for.

As for the roles, when I became king of russia it seemed I was powerful, but when the PM was added he took away a good portion of my power. If other people had been added I would have become pretty much just someone who could fire any of them for any reason. Other than that I wouldn't have had much of a purpose in the game. I think if you're going to name a king, he should have authority and delegate the responsibilities as he sees fit. If you're going for a government by committee, then spread the workload evenly so that all players remain engaged and feel like part of the team. I think single player nations, or maybe two player teams might be the best bet.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 4:21:59 PM
For future, I'm thinking single player nations would be best. They can group up and form alliances if they want. That way, if a team of four forms, it's cause they wanted to be a team of four.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 4:56:08 PM
At 2/8/2012 4:02:23 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I've never played one of these games before but I like the idea, I really do. Unfortunately, it seems difficult to learn. Perhaps the people that know how to play could put together a little tutorial to help newbs out. Maybe even a beginner game to walk us through what to do and how to do it.

Also, on the shopping lists, we need to break it down. List the things that you can buy or build at the beginning of the game. Want to build a workshop or a shipyard?? First you have to have this, this, and this. That kind of thing, so that we have some direction and know what we're preparing for.

As for the roles, when I became king of russia it seemed I was powerful, but when the PM was added he took away a good portion of my power. If other people had been added I would have become pretty much just someone who could fire any of them for any reason. Other than that I wouldn't have had much of a purpose in the game. I think if you're going to name a king, he should have authority and delegate the responsibilities as he sees fit. If you're going for a government by committee, then spread the workload evenly so that all players remain engaged and feel like part of the team. I think single player nations, or maybe two player teams might be the best bet.

I think this gives a good idea. Teams can be made in any way you like, and role allocation is internal to the team only.

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 4:59:35 PM
Maps are also a big thing. And knowing where everyone is. In the other game we did Europe, everyone said what country they wanted.
kfc
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 12:27:59 PM
At 2/8/2012 4:59:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
Maps are also a big thing. And knowing where everyone is. In the other game we did Europe, everyone said what country they wanted.

We tried to provide a map, maybe we should send it out and make it really clear where people are.