Jump to topic:

Solar System Mafia End Game

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 10:49:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Before we go into the results, let me start by saying that this game had...

1) a balance issue for the mafia which I noticed around NP2

2) Horrible horrible luck on the side of the town.

3) I might have mislead the SK with their role, which caused them to win the game for the mafia... opps, that kind of spoiled it, anyway...

Mafia Wins...

Players...

Drafterman - Pluto - Godfather - You are Pluto, the mafia Godfather. For many years, you were once considered a planet and a rather popular one, being the smallest, coldest, and furthest from the Sun. But now, those little parasites on Earth decided to take that away from you. They now just call you a "dwarf planet" and inferior to thier greatness. As such, you've gathered other "dwarf planets" to fight a revolution for equality. You appear innocent to all investigations (though LD can still catch you if you lie). You win with the mafia.

JM - Makemake - Lookout - You are Makemake, the mafia lookout. Orbitting at 29 degrees, you get a good angle on seeing the entire system. As such, you can provide the eyes for the mafia and keep look out on any player at night. You are basically a mafia watcher. You win with the mafia.

USM - Eris - Busdriver - You are Eris, the mafia Busdriver. You are the largest dwarf planet, and part of the reason that Pluto lost his status as a planet (since they were considering adding you as the 10th planet). Being the largest, and the root of the dwarf planet classification, you have the strength and drive to show that you are as strong as any planet. to show that, you can actually re-direct any night action by any player.

Blackvoid - Haumea - Framer (more accurately a role disrupter) - You are Haumea, the mafia framer. Astronomers had a pain in the butt time figuring you out, as you appeared to be constantly changing size. Turns out, you are loopsided and as you spin, your cross section size changes. This distortion gives you the ability to confuse any results that someone is trying to get. You don't just block roles, but change their results. You win with the mafia.

Also with the mafia in the end...

PR - Triton - Vanilla (will be recruited if Neptune dies) - You are Triton, the vanilla. You are the largest moon with a retrograde orbit. This means that you are not a natural moon, but a captured moon. As of now, you have no powers and win with the town.

The town...

Lovelife - Earth - JOAT - You are the Earth, the town JOAT. You have this interesting spiecies growing on you that is quite technologically advanced. With their technology, you have the ability to do a bunch of different things (but only once each, the spiecies has horible ADD). Track, Watch, Investigate, LD, and Vig. You win with the town.

Royal Paladin - Venus - Back-up - You are Venus, the town back-up. Most people think Mars is the ideal planet to be the next Earth, but truth is that you are. That Mars bastard will never be able to hold a decent atmosphere, nor be warm enough or have enough light for any kind of plant growth, while you can, with just a lot of touching up. Should the Earth die, you take over their role, but you won't know what it is until you get it. You win with the town (if the Earth died, all the JOAT powers would be reactivated).

Lordknuckle - Jupiter - Magnet - You are Jupiter, the town magnet. Your massive gravity has protected the inner solar system from rogue asteroids and comets for billions of years and you continue to do it even now. Because of your massive size, you can't be hurt by them. As such, you may target one player each NP, any night actions that are targeted against that person are redirected onto you. You cannot be killed by this method, however, if you are targeted for a kill directly, you will die. You win with the town.

Xerge - Neptune - Cop - You are Neptune, the town cop. You are the last planet in the solar system. You provide the barrier between the real planets and all those outsider planetiods in the Kepler belt. As such, you can tell who is clean and who is not. You win with the town.

Medic - Ceres - Miller - You are Ceres, the miller. You are dwarf planet, and so you should be mafia, but until not long ago, you were actually classified as an asteroid, so you've actually been promoted. Due to this, you choose not to join the mafia, but the planets may not believe you. At a point later in the game, things might change. You win with the town (If Triton dies but Neptune is still alive, you will join the mafia).

TUF - Halley's Comet - Even NP Watcher - You are Halley's Comet, the Even NP Watcher. As a comet that flies in and out of our solar system, you get to pass by anyone and everyone, and get the opportunity to watch one of them when you pass. Too bad you only pass by so often to watch only on even NPs. You win with the town.

Blackhawk - Comet Hale-Bopp - Odd NP Watcher - You are Comet Hale-Bopp, the Odd NP Watcher. As a comet that flies in and out of our solar system, you get to pass by anyone and everyone, and get the opportunity to watch one of them when you pass. Too bad you only pass by so often to watch only on odd NPs. You win with the town.

F-16 - Ganymede - Moon Mason - You are Ganymede, the moon mason. Each NP, you may attempt to recurit any member into a mason PM. However, if you attempt any non-moon player (regardless of affiliation) you will die. You win with the town.

Social Pinko - Europa - Planet Keeper - You are Europa, the planet keeper. You have an icy surface with a massive under surface ocean which many like to speculate may hold life. Does it? Doesn't it? No one knows except for Europa. In fact, Europa knows all the secrets of the solar system, including which bodies are playing and which are not. Each NP, you may check to see if any one heavenly body is in the game. You win with the town.

Third Party...

Andromeda - Iapetus - Serial Killer - You are Iapetus, the Ugly Duck. You are one heck of an ugly moon. You're multiple colours, brown and white, make you look sicky, even compared to Io, And that massive ridge makes all the other planets think you have some kind of horific tumor. And to make it worse, you orbit around Saturn, a planet considered by many to be the most beautiful of all. You get to watch that bitch of an angle rise and set 3 times the size of the moon from earth. Each night, you may kill one player. In order for you to win, all the "Beautiful" players must die.

Andro had to have Earth, Haumea, Hale-Bopp, and Triton all die in order to win (they were the "beautiful" players, though they were never told).

The info given for the DP1 question was that there were only 2 out of 4 rocky planets in the game, 1 out of 2 gas giants in the game, and 1 out of 2 ice giants in the game. This would allow the mafia to try to make some strong fake claims.

And given that Venus was killed NP1 and Earth was outted DP2, this gave the mafia two fake claims, Mars (unlikely to be challenged) and Mercury (not as unlikely, but still a decent claim). And with everyone pretty confident that Jupiter was in the game, that gave them their three needed fake claims (Saturn, Mars, Mercury).

Though, oddly enough, they didn't do this (I was hoping that claiming Saturn and Mars would attract the serial killer). Instead, they tried to get fancy with their claims and claim some unknown comet as an Even DP watcher (or was it Odd?) and ended up getting lynched.

Though it was hard for the town since the doctor never protected anyone from either the mafia or the serial killer (I thought they'd get at least 1 if not 2 saves in the game), and they got their role mixed up when it redirected various actions to itself on how things happened (with the watchers and LL on NP2).

The DP2 info was that, at the time, there are more moons than any other category (meaning more alive). This should have allowed several moons to feel safe coming forward...continued in next post.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 10:51:42 PM
I KNEW IT BLACKVOID!!!!! lol
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 10:52:52 PM
Urgh... So TUF's results were in NO way indicative of what actually happened? Even with the Bus Driver? Well that really sucks.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 10:54:03 PM
continued...

Social should have been able to come forward with at least a character claim. From there, I would have thought that F-16 would be pushing for everyone to claim if they were a moon, planet, or comet (or dwarf planet, if the mafia would like to come out with that). This should have diverted attention away from him and allowed him to recruit some people into the mason thread.

This would also completely mess up any fake claims that the mafia had as planets (Saturn, Mars, Mercury) since that would show the balance different than what the DP2 clue gave.

So while, technically, the mafia gets the win. Given the balance, the town should have won (they never lynched a townie, and lynched 3 mafia members). For that, I do apologize.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 10:56:15 PM
1. I think having two roles that change results made the mafia OP.

2. I KNEW ANDRO WAS THE SERIAL KILLER. I WAS WATCHING THE GAME THE ENTIRE TIME, AND I KNEW THAT SHE WAS THE SERIAL KILLER . . .
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 10:58:04 PM
Ugh I spent so long debating whether to vig spinko or BV, and I decided spinko.

-hangs head in shame-
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:08:48 PM
At 2/7/2012 10:57:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Who shut me out of the game, Ore_Ele? Was it BlackVoid or was it Andro?

Andro. We killed Medic, F-16, Xerge, and Lovelife.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:08:49 PM

Serial Killer took you out.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:11:09 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:08:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

WHY, ANDRO? WHY?

*Goes into a corner and cries* :(
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:11:42 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:08:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Andro. We killed Medic, F-16, Xerge, and Lovelife.

The part about me asking you whether you were a moon gave me away?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:13:20 PM

I want an answer to this but for me.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:14:21 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:11:09 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

WHY, ANDRO? WHY?

Sorry. Didn't know what characters counted towards my win condition, so I pretty much went for anyone that claimed. Good thing, too. Apparently you had it figured out that I was the SK.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:14:23 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:13:20 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Serial Killer took you out too.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:15:00 PM

That'd be me.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:15:55 PM
1) Who the fvck decided to kill an odd night tracker on an even night?

2) Spinko, why did you check my character claim AFTER I had died?

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:17:41 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:14:21 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 2/7/2012 11:11:09 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

WHY, ANDRO? WHY?

Sorry. Didn't know what characters counted towards my win condition, so I pretty much went for anyone that claimed. Good thing, too. Apparently you had it figured out that I was the SK.

Yeah, but that was long after I had died.

It's ok . . . I probably would have done the same thing if I had been in your position.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:17:55 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:15:00 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

That'd be me.

And after I agreed to try and keep the next dp open so you could actually post?!?! *shakes head in disappointment*

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:17:55 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:15:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Me. You claimed a comet.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:18:20 PM
Ok, so this was an interesting game for a few reasons. First off, drafterman's miller claim actually seemed pretty legit in theory. We knew he might get CC'd. But if he didnt, he would run through as a confirmed townie. Also, since he was godfather, then we could make the case that any cop who investigated him innocent was insane. Unfortunently it didnt work out, but it seemed good in theory.

Second, this was definently the worst game I've ever played as mafia. For one, I came out in DP1, with no pressure, and said that I wasnt a planet or moon. That meant that when we learned three planets not in the game (like Mars), I couldnt claim any of them. I also foolishly posted my bodyguard action in DP4 before the other townies came out with their results, and as we saw, LL's result contradicted what I said. I also couldnt get a lynch on spinko or get suspicion off myself. So still getting the W is pretty sweet.

Andro definently gets most valuable mafioso for single handedly taking out one third of the town and giving us two night kills each night. Thanks Andro :)

I dont really like killing F-16 since he's cool to play with, but you kept asking people to give their win with town statements in the DPs (and specifically asked me to as well), so I thought you were LD. Oh well.

Inactivity kind of hurt town in DP4. LL and Andro werent posting anything, so town wasnt able to get enough votes to lynch me. Moral of the story - be active or else.

Good game otherwise. Not sure how I got out of that one alive, but I'll take em how I can get em :)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:19:55 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:19:03 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Btw, I figured out how TUF got that weird tracker result, but its pretty complicated so I'll just say it on request.

Spill
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:20:19 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:17:55 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 2/7/2012 11:15:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Me. You claimed a comet.

So did TUF! And he wasn't going to try and keep the dp open so you could post. Plus, he was an even dp tracker. It would've been a triple win killing him. At least everyone recognizes my beauty. Ore_ele commented on it, that's why you targeted me. At least I'm not a moon with a tumor. :)

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:22:30 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:18:20 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Andro definently gets most valuable mafioso for single handedly taking out one third of the town and giving us two night kills each night. Thanks Andro :)

And to think I wasn't even mafia. :p
Inactivity kind of hurt town in DP4. LL and Andro werent posting anything, so town wasnt able to get enough votes to lynch me. Moral of the story - be active or else.

Why would I want to lynch you, though? The longer the game goes on, the more kills I get, so I have more chances of killing the people I needed to kill.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:23:06 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:19:55 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/7/2012 11:19:03 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Btw, I figured out how TUF got that weird tracker result, but its pretty complicated so I'll just say it on request.

Spill

Ok, so LK picks a player and redirects all actions that would be taken against that player onto him. Me, TUF, Lovelife, and LK all used powers on Lovelife. I framed her, TUF watcher her, Lovelife doc'd herself, and LK bodyguarded her. So LK's power redirected every single one of those powers onto himself. So the end result is that TUF watched LK, and saw me and Lovelife visiting him since we were redirected onto him too.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:24:34 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:22:30 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 2/7/2012 11:18:20 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

And to think I wasn't even mafia. :p

Why would I want to lynch you, though? The longer the game goes on, the more kills I get, so I have more chances of killing the people I needed to kill.

Well I thought you were a normal serial killer, so it seemed like it would be in your best interest to kill mafia since it was late game. I didnt know you had a special win condition.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 11:24:58 PM
At 2/7/2012 11:16:39 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Ore_Ele, what were the night actions?

okay, here we go....

DP1, we all know that the Mafia Godfather decided it would be fun to claim Miller (even though in the Mafia Theory Discussion: Miller thread [1] I said there would be a miller in the game and I've almost always used a Miller. Even then, why would the godfather, whose sole power is to come up INNOCENT claim miller?

[1] http://www.debate.org...

So for the NP1, we had...

Andro Kill Royal (sorry for Venus, which mafia thought would be PGO or something and so likely stay away from).

The Mafia killed Medic.

LL investigated Blackhawk as innocent.

Lordkunckle protected F-16 and the mafia role disrupted F-16 as well. But this made no difference, as F-16 did not use his role this NP.

Xerge investigated TUF as innocent.

Blackhawk watched LL to see that she visited him.

Social checked if Venus was in the game.