Total Posts:110|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Death in Mystere DP 1

Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 12:39:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
2 weeks ago the beloved, if terribly eccentric and handsomely wealthy Lord Clayton died. In his will Clayton proclaimed that "my castle doth go to my esteemed heir, Harlan Clayton, along with all my other rather valuable assets. However, my greatest gift to you Harlan, and to everybody else of course is that you should listen to Albert Hammond and always remain sophisticated like your venerable yours truly" and on the will went of the eccentric Lord.

The quaint, lovely village of Mystere was then shocked into action on the morning of a glorious day. Harlan Clayton, investigating his father's death, had learnt much. Indeed, he had sent a letter to the police stating tersely ‘my father's death was not so accidental as it would seem. You know my detective prowess – meet with me tomorrow.'

Harlan Clayton didn't live for that long.

Harlan Clayton, Mystere's greatest mind, detective extraordinaire, was found dead alongside 2 thugs discovered to be known as ‘the Mafia'. A single gunshot took out Clayton, and Clayton's fencing skills took out the thugs. Scrawled in a bloodstained note found on Clayton's person was the words ‘there are more than these 2'.

Not wasting a moment, the villagers called in the crème de la crème of the official investigators – Scotland Yard was on the scene the next morning.

The head inspector of Scotland Yard looked at his team in the morning sunlight.

"Alright men, you follow my lead as usual. We'll go and reassure the townspeople. All together now!" One of the inspector's men responded.
"But sir, we know that Harlan Clayton had all the documented evidence to solve his father's death and he may have known the identity of the Mafia. We must secure his house at once and ensure that the evidence is not destroyed."
"Look here Detective Pritchard, I know what I'm doing and it's better than your idea! You know that it's critical that the townspeople understand that we, led by me of course, are here to help them in their time of need! Now, we move out!"

A crowd of villagers had assembled to listen to the head inspector.

"Townspeople, as you are well aware, we are here to help. We will put the wretched criminals behind bars. You might know that the noble Harlan Clayton had all the necessary evidence to solve his father's death. We have reason to believe that this evidence will also solve Harlan's death and so it is together that..." A piercing scream cut the inspector off.
"By George! What could that be?" cried a young woman by the name Gemma Tolentino. The inspector smiled.
"Ah yes, it is always delightful to see a distinguished citizen like yourself realise the pleasures of detective work. We take great pride in..." Nobody was listening. Detective Pritchard tapped the head inspector on the back and spoke.
"Maybe you should take a look to your left sir." More villagers were muttering.
"Ah! I see the cause of commotion!" cried the head inspector, gallant he thought. Then he said -
"Wait a moment ... that's Harlan Clayton's house that's going up in blazes! And that means our evidence is gone... What in the blazes!?" The crowd looked at him.
"Ah, that was the wrong of words I see..."

Meanwhile, a classy gentleman sat with his associates in the crowd, looking on with pleasure.
"I believe that we are in the clear again my friends. Although now we must use intelligence as opposed to brute force, that should be no problem at all."

Rules

1.All standard rules apply. If you don't know what standard rules are PM me.
2.DPs will end based on which option has the most votes (if time runs out). Once a lynch is reached it is final.
3.Refrain from swearing, obscenities and such if you can. This is intended to be civilised.
4.I determine who is replaced by my own discretion. Be active. This game requires activity on all parts.
5.TUF is my co-mod and speaks with authority.
6.There is no LD of any sort. Don't waste my time with such statements (also, people win with the town) .

Finally, not that this should come as a surprise in a Mafia game, nobody involved in this Mafia game is to be trusted.

Living Players:

1. Bluesteel
2. TV
3. Drafterman
4. Royalpaladin
5. F-16
6. Lickdafoot
7. Koopin
8. Lordknukle
9. Andromeda
10. Viper-King
11. lovelife
12. Socialpinko
13. Medic
14. Blackhawk1331
15.CAPS

It takes 8 votes to lynch.

Have fun in the formerly quaint village of Mystere!
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 12:43:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I do not lose with anti-town affiliated roles.

Well, this is strange . . . My random number generator hit 5, but as per my promise, I am not permitted to pressure F_16 first.

Since lovelife tends to be on late at night, I think it would be fair to pressure her. That could get us a claim and prevent the DP from stalling too much.

VTL Lovelife for a claim.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 1:25:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 12:43:53 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I do not lose with anti-town affiliated roles.

Well, this is strange . . . My random number generator hit 5, but as per my promise, I am not permitted to pressure F_16 first.

Since lovelife tends to be on late at night, I think it would be fair to pressure her. That could get us a claim and prevent the DP from stalling too much.

VTL Lovelife for a claim.

Okay I'll claim but Vote royal she should die since she's always anti town always no matter what. Plus she's on around the same times I am so it's only fair.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 1:32:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 12:43:53 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I do not lose with anti-town affiliated roles.

What the fvck is that?
"I don't not lose with anti-town affiliated roles."
This is obviously trolling/trying to be funny, but it also doesn't explicitly mean you win with the town.

VOTE royalpaladin


I, tvellalott, win with the town.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 1:33:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 1:32:14 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/8/2012 12:43:53 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I do not lose with anti-town affiliated roles.

What the fvck is that?
"I don't not lose with anti-town affiliated roles."
This is obviously trolling/trying to be funny, but it also doesn't explicitly mean you win with the town.

VOTE royalpaladin


I, tvellalott, win with the town.

The fvck logic is that?

6.There is no LD of any sort. Don't waste my time with such statements (also, people win with the town) .
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 2:13:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I missed the bit about there not being a lie detector. >_<

Anyway, I see no reason not to claim mass claim characters. I might be useful to the story...

I'm Sebastian Verai
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 3:13:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The long walk back to Scotland Yard

Royal - 2/8 - TV, Lovelife
Lovelife - 1/8 - Royal
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 5:30:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just checking in.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 6:07:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
On with pressure, I'll vtl koopin. I haven't played with him in forever so don't really remember how he plays.

I win with the Harlem Globetrotters.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 6:22:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Adding pressure to Royal "Always Mafia" Paladin.

VTL royal

Died under Mystere-ious Circumstances

Role Claim

Character Claim
lovelife - William Folder
tv - Sebastian Verai

Unofficial Vote Count
lovelife - 1/8 - royal
royal - 3/8 - lovelife, tv, drafterman
koopin - 1/8 - spinko
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 7:11:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you really need my character? We already have two characters, so it is probably time to end the Day Phase.

By the way "I do not lose with anti-town affiliated roles" translates to "I lose with the town" which further translates into "I win with the town". The basic implication is that my win condition is with the town.

Unvote

VTNL
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 8:05:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL Royal

Character claims are obviously not even remotely related to role claims in this game so we might as well mass claim IN THIS GAME.

I'm Harry Steelsmith
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 8:32:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Died under Mystere-ious Circumstances

Role Claim

Character Claim
lovelife - William Folder
tv - Sebastian Verai
LK - Harry Steelsmith

Unofficial Vote Count
royal - 4/8 - lovelife, tv, drafterman, LK
koopin - 1/8 - spinko
VTNL - 1/8 - royal
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 8:55:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I actually agree that a mass claim in this game is a good idea. The mafia are not going to have to do any research (like in the gangsters game), they just claim any random name. I think this is more like the Classic mafia game in that regard. Harlan is Logic's real name as per his profile and I am assuming that the other characters are people he knows in real life.

I am Horatio Chevalier.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:08:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 8:55:50 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I actually agree that a mass claim in this game is a good idea. The mafia are not going to have to do any research (like in the gangsters game), they just claim any random name. I think this is more like the Classic mafia game in that regard. Harlan is Logic's real name as per his profile and I am assuming that the other characters are people he knows in real life.

I am Horatio Chevalier.

LOL. If these are people he knows, I want to know what circles he's running in.

I'm Fred Danton

Died under Mystere-ious Circumstances

Role Claim

Character Claim
lovelife - William Folder
tv - Sebastian Verai
LK - Harry Steelsmith
CAPS - Warden Taran
F-16 - Horatio Chevalier
Drafterman - Fred Danton

Unofficial Vote Count
royal - 4/8 - lovelife, tv, drafterman, LK
koopin - 2/8 - spinko, CAPS
VTNL - 1/8 - royal
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:21:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Spinko always argues to go after newbs first since they're likely to make a mistake. He obviously knows Koopin isn't a newb since he played with him before, so why the change in tactics??

VTL Spinko
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:23:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 12:43:53 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I do not lose with anti-town affiliated roles.

Well, this is strange . . . My random number generator hit 5, but as per my promise, I am not permitted to pressure F_16 first.

Since lovelife tends to be on late at night, I think it would be fair to pressure her. That could get us a claim and prevent the DP from stalling too much.

VTL Lovelife for a claim.

lol do you ALWAYS hit F-4361 first? lol

/endofinterferencewithgame
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:25:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:08:58 AM, drafterman wrote:

LOL. If these are people he knows, I want to know what circles he's running in.

I'm Fred Danton

I think you are probably town based on that character. In the anon game, Logic used "Lord Frederick Danton" as his second screen name so I would think it is someone he knows well (prob his best friend). And I am already psychoanalyzing the mod :P
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 10:09:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:21:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Spinko always argues to go after newbs first since they're likely to make a mistake. He obviously knows Koopin isn't a newb since he played with him before, so why the change in tactics??

VTL Spinko

I usually go after newbs, however, with the glorious return of Koopin, I thought presuring him first would prove fruitful since I'm less aware of his playing tactics than anyone else in the game. but since everyone's character claiming anyways, I'm Theodore Hart. I honestly don't see the point since names have no relation to role (at least not in my own case) and Logic pointed out that there is no LD. Of course I guess there isn't any harm in doing so just to humor ourselves.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 10:12:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 10:09:59 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:21:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Spinko always argues to go after newbs first since they're likely to make a mistake. He obviously knows Koopin isn't a newb since he played with him before, so why the change in tactics??

VTL Spinko

I usually go after newbs, however, with the glorious return of Koopin, I thought presuring him first would prove fruitful since I'm less aware of his playing tactics than anyone else in the game. but since everyone's character claiming anyways, I'm Theodore Hart. I honestly don't see the point since names have no relation to role (at least not in my own case) and Logic pointed out that there is no LD. Of course I guess there isn't any harm in doing so just to humor ourselves.

Unvote
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 10:13:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:25:27 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:08:58 AM, drafterman wrote:

LOL. If these are people he knows, I want to know what circles he's running in.

I'm Fred Danton

I think you are probably town based on that character. In the anon game, Logic used "Lord Frederick Danton" as his second screen name so I would think it is someone he knows well (prob his best friend). And I am already psychoanalyzing the mod :P

Could be a possible play by mafia. If Logic used the name once before, it could be inferred that Logic probably wouldn't use it again, diminishing chances of a CC. I'm not saying it's definite, but certainly a possibility.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 10:24:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am going to reveal my character because everyone else is doing so, but I honestly hope that the town will provide me with a doctor. If the town does not, I will die, and I am probably one of the town's largest assets at the moment.

I am Detective Bourdais.