Logic_on_Rails - Roleblocker

Action Summary
DP1:
Town: Ober, MasterKage, Jordan, kyro, Logic, medic - VTNL

NP1:
DevonNetzley - DoctorProtect Masterkage
kyro - BulletproofNothing
OberHerr - Suicide BomberMafia kill Vmpire
Jordan56 - CopInvestigate USM (Innocent)
vmpire321 - BodyguardNothing (Killed)
MasterKage - TrackerTrack Medic (Visited Devon)
USM - WatcherWatch Ober (No Visits)
Xerge - VigilanteNothing
medic - Role CopRole Cop Devon (Doctor)
Logic_on_Rails - RoleblockerRoleblock Xerge

DP2:
Ober: Detonates, killing Jordan, ending the DP.

NP2:
DevonNetzley - DoctorProtect Xerge
MasterKage - TrackerTrack Logic (Visited Xerge)
USM - WatcherWatch Xerge (Visited by Devon, Logic)
Xerge - VigilanteKill kyro (No effect BP & Roleblocked)
medic - Role CopRole Cop Masterkage (Tracker), Kill Devon
Logic_on_Rails - RoleblockerRoleblock Xerge

Note: The Doctor, Tracker, and Vig all wanted to target kyro, who claimed bulletproof (Vig on purpose), I double-checked with them, since this was a beginner game. That a protective role and a tracker wanted to visit a bulletproof, who needs no protection, and visits no one, displays a level of inattentiveness that will lose you in a real game. Generally mods won't question your decisions and will accept them as is.

Mod Mistake: Logic's original action was to Roleblock USM. For some reason I had him roleblock Xerge.

DP3:
Town: Medic, USM, kyro, Xerge - Lynch MasterKage

NP3:
USM - WatcherWatch Xerge (Medic visits)
Xerge - VigilanteKill Medic (Role-blocked)
medic - Role CopKill Xerge
Logic_on_Rails - RoleblockerRoleblock.

Analysis
Another good game of mafia, though it lagged in some places. Oddly, with more roles, players seemed less engaged. I guess when your only interaction with the game is in the Day phase, you involve yourself more, rather than simply hoping for an investigative result then rushing along to the Night phase to use your awesum powarz.

On the face of it, I think this set-up should favor town. There is a doctor, a bulletproof, and a bodyguard. That's almost 50% protective roles. However, the bodyguard and bulletproof were outed early on, and the Doctor was discovered by the Role Cop.

The Good
Most Valuable Newb goes to USM (for Town) and Ober (for Mafia).

USM caught two maf's red handed, disproving Ober's PGO claim and catching Logic, though he didn't have time to see that to the end. For always being at the scene of some nefarious activity, USM gets the Evil Bert award.

Ober, well, Ober was the only mafia newb, so gets this award by default. However, he made effective use of his power: to try and out Town power roles, get lynched, then take someone out in response. For this, he gets the Alalalalalalalalalala! award.

There wasn't much bad or ugly. The game was in MYLO and Town should expect Mafia to come out of the wood work with gambits to get that Mislynch. Medic simply outmaneuvered MasterKage. If I would have suggested anything as Town, it would have been to put off the Medic vs. MK and focus on Logic. The only remaining viable claim was Bomb, which is non-visiting. MK could confirm that Logic visited Xerge and Logic was a more probably maf target which, in MYLO, is what matters. The Medic vs. MK could have been handled the next phase.

I encourage everyone, especially the newbier newbs to read the OPs of each of these games, as they contain lots of good information. For example, what a COP does (Checks alignment, and not the kind on your car) and a JOAT does (Can be a Cop for a night). If you don't know what something means, ask, either in the Day Phase thread, or me via your PM.

I will send out Role PMs for 6.3 tomorrow morning and will start the game shortly thereafter.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:00:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 8:58:42 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Logic AND Medic were on the mafia? BS, DRAFTER! BE A MOD!

Sorry, I play my games random set-up. Pray to the Random Number God if you must.

If I forced medic and logic to be town then they'd essentially be confirmed each game, which defeats the purpose of teaching newbs about finding out who is town and who is mafia.

Furthermore, they'd be casualties NP1 and NP2, and be out of the game, defeating the purpose of having them in the game to begin with. I might as well just start the game with them in the graveyard.

The point of these games is to learn.

So what did you learn?
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:03:22 PM
At 2/8/2012 9:00:44 PM, drafterman wrote:

Sorry, I play my games random set-up. Pray to the Random Number God if you must.

If I forced medic and logic to be town then they'd essentially be confirmed each game, which defeats the purpose of teaching newbs about finding out who is town and who is mafia.

Furthermore, they'd be casualties NP1 and NP2, and be out of the game, defeating the purpose of having them in the game to begin with. I might as well just start the game with them in the graveyard.

So what did you learn?

What I don't want is for them to be the majority of the mafia. Having them as two mafiosos makes the game hard for a bunch of newbs... and most towns. But I agree that I learned something: do not trust claims at MYLO.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:03:54 PM
Damn, I really think I am cursed. I was town this game, and the maf one. I was mafia last game, and town won. WTF...
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:08:00 PM
At 2/8/2012 9:03:54 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Damn, I really think I am cursed. I was town this game, and the maf one. I was mafia last game, and town won. WTF...

Even experienced players have losing streaks. Stick with it and things will even out eventually.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:09:51 PM
At 2/8/2012 9:08:29 PM, Xerge wrote:
I'm sorry guys...this is entirely my fault....my decisions cost us the game...

No, the whole towns decision cost the game. Everyone is to blame.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:11:18 PM
At 2/8/2012 9:03:22 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:00:44 PM, drafterman wrote:

So what did you learn?

What I don't want is for them to be the majority of the mafia. Having them as two mafiosos makes the game hard for a bunch of newbs... and most towns. But I agree that I learned something: do not trust claims at MYLO.

They were instructed to not go too hard. All I can say is: thems the breaks. Having them as confirmed townies is less fair, methinks.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:20:02 PM
At 2/8/2012 9:08:29 PM, Xerge wrote:
I'm sorry guys...this is entirely my fault....my decisions cost us the game...

No it's not. Logic would have hammered when he got online anyway.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:29:37 PM
At 2/8/2012 9:29:04 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Can I sign up for 6.3?

Sure, replace Devon.

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:44:32 PM
Great game guys!! Do you think it was a great idea to out myself as cop, or should I have fought the pressure a little more.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 10:54:25 PM
At 2/8/2012 9:44:32 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Great game guys!! Do you think it was a great idea to out myself as cop, or should I have fought the pressure a little more.

Sorry about the random pressure, Jordan. It put you in a tough position that may have left you with very little options.

You did well from my perspective, especially with you staying undercover and not outing your role early.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 12:32:06 AM
I'm a little surprised we got out alive in that game.

If I wasn't offline due to sport I would have been the one to claim JOAT obviously. I think what you beginners may have wanted to think about is MYLO and LYLO near the end. You guys didn't quite see the danger coming that the game was going to end. I wasn't needed in the final vote. Always try and figure out whether you are about to lose.

Also, Mafia had really restricted claims this game. We had precisely 3 town roles that weren't taken and we had to claim all of them. Ober was very lucky to choose right. However, the town should have realised that the last ones to claim were Mafia.

Overall, a close, tight game though. Town should have also been careful with claiming recklessly.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 5:38:35 AM
At 2/8/2012 9:29:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Can I sign up for 6.3?

Sure, replace Devon.

Wow. How about no? Devon may not be as active as other people, but he still paticipated. I'll add HCP to the replacements list but, currently, there is no one up to be replaced, unless Ober is volunteering.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 5:48:45 AM
Nice game everyone! :-D Cant wait for 6.3!
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 6:59:43 AM
Yes, don't kick me. If you knew how important i was this game.....
But it was quite enjoyable to read it all, trying to figure out everything.
"If you truly want to do something, the only person standing in your way is yourself"
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 7:02:20 AM
At 2/9/2012 6:59:43 AM, DevonNetzley wrote:
Yes, don't kick me. If you knew how important i was this game.....
But it was quite enjoyable to read it all, trying to figure out everything.

Lol well thats alright, even though you didnt say much you werent mafia which was good. :-D
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:33:42 AM
At 2/9/2012 5:38:35 AM, drafterman wrote:
Can I sign up for 6.3?

Sure, replace Devon.

Wow. How about no? Devon may not be as active as other people, but he still paticipated. I'll add HCP to the replacements list but, currently, there is no one up to be replaced, unless Ober is volunteering.

Really? He is still in?

Hmm, sorry Devon, never saw you post this game. O.o

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:43:41 AM
At 2/9/2012 8:33:42 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/9/2012 5:38:35 AM, drafterman wrote:
Can I sign up for 6.3?

Sure, replace Devon.

Really? He is still in?

Hmm, sorry Devon, never saw you post this game. O.o

Devon provided all night actions, and promptly. I won't replace someone if they choose not to participate in the Day Phase, but DO participate in the Night phase.

Granted, I admit that not participating in the Day Phase is somewhat anti-town, but so long as people are participating, I'm not going to limit their strategies.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:53:21 AM
I agree with Drafter on not replacing Devon, I as a mod wouldn't replace him either. However, I will say this, as a player in regular games that will be seen as scummy. If you don't participate in the day phase, but are not replaced by the mod, that's a give away that you are posting in the mafia pm or submitting actions at night and lurking the day phase. All mafia behaviors, and the regulars will get rid of you pretty quick for that.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:56:08 AM
At 2/9/2012 8:53:21 AM, medic0506 wrote:
I agree with Drafter on not replacing Devon, I as a mod wouldn't replace him either. However, I will say this, as a player in regular games that will be seen as scummy. If you don't participate in the day phase, but are not replaced by the mod, that's a give away that you are posting in the mafia pm or submitting actions at night and lurking the day phase. All mafia behaviors, and the regulars will get rid of you pretty quick for that.

This.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 6:13:35 PM
At 2/9/2012 6:11:45 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Why can't you just increase the total number of players?

Because then we would have to do EVERYTHING all over again, AND it would be unequal...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 7:01:33 PM
At 2/9/2012 6:11:45 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Why can't you just increase the total number of players?

I created all four beginners games as a single blocked designed to carry the same players from start to finish. All the games are already designed. I have you on as a replacement. Worst case scenario is you sign up for 7.x assuming this concept is popular enough to warrant me doing it again. Or the Beginners games will go back to the way they were and you can still sign up.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 2:20:55 PM
Official Vote Count
Kyro 1/6 - IFLYHIGH,
Vmpire 3/6 - LK, kyro, kyro
VTNL 1/6 - vmpire

This Day Phase will end on 4/10 at 12:00pm EST
Xerge