drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 7:25:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Round 3 Introduction:

Introduction - Misinformation and Information Denial:

In 6.2 you were introduced to a variety of roles that will commonly appear in the game of Mafia. A majority of these roles provide valuable information that help figure out who the Mafia is. In fact, you were told to trust no one but yourself, and that results could be taken at face value.

No longer. In this game, the motto is: Trust no one, not even yourself.

Roles like Cops and Watchers can take center stage, as they have an unsurpassed ability to confirm Town and Mafia alike. As such, it is not uncommon to introduce opposing roles and flavors that interfere with these results.

Roles can commonly be attached to modifiers, also known as "flavors" which alter how that ability works. The player may or may not know that their role is flavored. Common flavors that are known to players include:

ODD/EVEN - The player's role only works on ODD or EVEN night phases.
NON-CONSECUTIVE - The player can use their role on any night they want, but not two nights in a row.
X-SHOT - The player can use their role a limited number of times.
% ROLES - Not commonly seen here, but some roles only have a percentage chance (usually 50/50) of working.

However, some flavors are secret modifiers to a person's roles. These are commonly applied to Cops in the following manner:

Sane - Gets accurate results
Insane - Gets opposite results
Naive - Always gets "Innocent"
Paranoid - Always gets "Guilty"
Random - Gets random results

Though these flavors appear mostly on Cop roles, any role may be "flavored." Occasionally a role will be "Naive". Naive roles do nothing, but the user of that role doesn't know that. As stated, these kinds flavors are secret and known only to the mods until the end of the game.

There are other forms of information manipulation, but you'll have to discover these on your own.

Set-Up:

This game will be a Closed Setup. No roles will be known in advance. Good luck!

Mod Note: Though this is a closed set-up, I will note that roles are not necessarily unique, which is another common element of flavored roles. Some duplicate roles complement each other, while others are red-herrings designed to make the town think.

Recommended Reading:
Introduction to Mafia: http://www.debate.org...
Introduction to Roles: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 7:26:59 AM
Living Players
1. DevonNetzley
2. kyro
3. OberHerr
4. Jordan56
5. vmpire321
6. MasterKage
7. USM
8. Xerge
9. The Wise And Venerable medic
10. The Piercing Intellect of Logic_on_Rails

With 10 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

blackhawk is my co-mod, and speaks with authority.

This Day Phase will end on 2/11 at 8:30am EST.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:31:40 AM
Umm, since he hasn't said there isn't a LD I win with the town.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:41:11 AM
Since we don't know the roles that are being used, there's a chance of having a lie detector in the game so, even though it's annoying, everyone say it...

I win with the town.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:51:00 AM
Ok, so umm, remember guys, there is a chance for more than one cop,watcher, tracker ect.

But, also, we should only reveal results after you study your results, to see if your flavored or not.

DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:54:33 AM
At 2/9/2012 8:41:11 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Since we don't know the roles that are being used, there's a chance of having a lie detector in the game so, even though it's annoying, everyone say it...

I win with the town.

I win with the town. ^.=.^
"If you truly want to do something, the only person standing in your way is yourself"
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:55:12 AM
Mod Question: Could the flavored apply to ALL roles, or just certain ones?

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 8:59:20 AM
At 2/9/2012 8:55:12 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Any role has the potential to be flavored. Some flavors will be known, other flavors will not be revealed until the End Game, but may be deduced through the course of the game.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 9:00:07 AM
At 2/9/2012 8:59:20 AM, drafterman wrote:

Any role has the potential to be flavored. Some flavors will be known, other flavors will not be revealed until the End Game, but may be deduced through the course of the game.

If you are asking if all roles are necessarily flavored, I cannot comment on that.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 9:01:45 AM
At 2/9/2012 9:00:07 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/9/2012 8:59:20 AM, drafterman wrote:

If you are asking if all roles are necessarily flavored, I cannot comment on that.

Figured as much.

kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 11:24:06 AM
Alright everyone! I am here yay! I win with the town! :D
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 12:17:02 PM
Wow this is akward lol. BTW, any status update? I dont have any time at the moment to read anything lol
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 12:27:25 PM
NVM I am allowed for now.... So There is a VTL on logic... Is this to pressure for a RC or what?
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 12:46:43 PM
At 2/9/2012 8:51:00 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Ok, so umm, remember guys, there is a chance for more than one cop,watcher, tracker ect.

But, also, we should only reveal results after you study your results, to see if your flavored or not.

How do you know if you are flavored?
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 1:48:32 PM
Wow epic fail, I used RNG and I got #2 lol fail. I am not going to pressure myself so I will try again....
Alright its 9 soo....
Nah, I wont pressure right now. That would be mean... :P
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 1:54:51 PM
At 2/9/2012 1:48:32 PM, kyro90 wrote:
Wow epic fail, I used RNG and I got #2 lol fail. I am not going to pressure myself so I will try again....
Alright its 9 soo....

Alright guys. I think I WILL pressure since it is onl natural... (If I didnt... I wouldnt be natural lol... *_*) So....

VTL Medic For Role claim
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:10:16 PM
At 2/9/2012 12:46:43 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 2/9/2012 8:51:00 AM, OberHerr wrote:

How do you know if you are flavored?

You may not know at first, but you may figure things out once more information becomes available as the game progresses
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:12:08 PM
At 2/9/2012 2:11:14 PM, Xerge wrote:
Hmm...I add pressure to Logic

VTL Logic

Well we already have two....

Unvote VTL Logic
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:12:30 PM
At 2/9/2012 1:54:51 PM, kyro90 wrote:
Alright its 9 soo....

Alright guys. I think I WILL pressure since it is onl natural... (If I didnt... I wouldnt be natural lol... *_*) So....

VTL Medic For Role claim

Sorry but I'm not going to ruin my role just because of random pressure. If you learned anything from the last game it should have been that giving up our roles hurts the town and tells mafia exactly what to do. If you can come up with a case for why I'm suspicious, then I'll claim. Just a heads up, me being mafia last game has nothing to do with this game and does not count as a case.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:14:10 PM
At 2/9/2012 2:12:30 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Alright its 9 soo....

VTL Medic For Role claim

Sorry but I'm not going to ruin my role just because of random pressure. If you learned anything from the last game it should have been that giving up our roles hurts the town and tells mafia exactly what to do. If you can come up with a case for why I'm suspicious, then I'll claim. Just a heads up, me being mafia last game has nothing to do with this game and does not count as a case.

Good point, but since everyone else is doing it, I voted Logic for now.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:15:49 PM
At 2/9/2012 2:14:10 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 2/9/2012 2:12:30 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Alright its 9 soo....

VTL Medic For Role claim

Good point, but since everyone else is doing it, I voted Logic for now.

I also only voted you for a claim, not becuase of last game. (I used a random number genorater and it picked you...)