Posted: 4 years ago
WINNER:
1. Blackhawk

Second Place:
2. Mafia
Third Place:
3. Town.

Mafia

1. Vmpire321- You are the Prostitute. Each night, you can choose one person and they will not be able to use their ability throughout the night. Once per game, you may also use your one-shot ability of roleblocking a player for the next two nights, instead of only one. This can only be used instead of your regular ability, not coupled with it. You win with mafia.

Special Interest: The Godfather, your pimp daddy has been abusive to you all throughout your career. He mistreated, misused, and sold you multiple times to "unruly" clientele. Your goal is see him dead. Your special interest is to get the Godfather lynched. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

2. F-16- You are the Godfather. Aside from being the person who decides the mafia night kills, you are also the janitor. You are able to hide the mafia's night kills using your janitor ability. This can only occur once per game. The janitored person's role will not be revealed to town, regardless of whether or not you die. You win with mafia.

Special Interest: You feel that the police commissioner is building up a case against you that will land you in prison. This shall not occur on your watch. Your special interest is to mafia night kill one specific detective. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

3. Blackhawk1331- You are the Mafia Assassin. You have no special active abilities other than your psychopathic ability to magnificently kill in cold blood. Therefore, you carry out the mafia's kill every night phase and cannot be watched. You win with mafia.

Special Interest: Due to your psychopathy, you are addicted to the art of killing. Your special interest is to successfully kill three players while carrying out your mafia night kills. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

The mafia starts with 10 gold.

Town:

4. Lickdafoot- You are the doctor. Every night phase you can protect one person from any fatal actions performed upon them. Also, once per game, you can redirect all actions that occur to a player onto yourself. You win with town. You start with 0 gold.

Special Interest: You are the idealist Christian missionary who thinks that he has an obligation to help everybody in dire need (hence being the doctor). However, you are paranoid of the forces of darkness. Your special interest is accomplished if you go through the game without protecting a mafia. Note: You must use your DOC abilities every second night but it is recommended that you take into account the value of your team versus the value of your special interest. The moral decision is up to you. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

5. Koopin- You are the watcher. Every night phase, you can watch one player and see who visits that person. Once per game, you can also track a person to see whom they visit. You win with town. You start with 0 gold.

Special Interest: You are the watcher for one reason and one reason only: you are a coward. You have absolutely no desire to engage in battle yourself and are highly timid and self-interested. Your special interest is accomplished if you relay one of your investigative results to town during the DP and not engage in any lynches (VTNL don't count). Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

6. Andromeda- You are the sensor. Once per night phase, you can see how many anti- town people were on the previous DP lynch. Be warned: this is a one-shot ability. You win with town. You start with 15 gold.

Special Interest: Despite your current measly investigative abilities, you have always strived to be the sole superb investigator on this planet. Therefore, your special interest is to buy an investigative power (tracker, watcher, cop, or LD) and successfully use it on the following night phase on a mafia. Note: You only have one try to use an investigative ability on a potential mafia. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

7. Viper King- You are the vanilla townie. You have no powers except the democratic right of voting in the day phases. You win with town. You start with 20 gold.

Special Interest: Despite having no powers and being rather useless, you have a fascination for one thing and one thing only: gold. Your special interest is accomplished if you can collect 350 gold by the Endgame. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

8. Peacefulchoas- You are the Jack-of-all-Trades. You have a plethora of one-shot abilities at your disposal. They include:

1x Silencer- You can block the ability of speech for the next day phase.
1x VIG- You can kill one player in one night phase .
1x Cop- You have the ability of investigating a person and determining their allegiance.
You win with town. You start with 15 gold.

Special Interest: As it turns out, you are also a money greedy corporate fat cat who employs his array of "helpful" abilities to "help" his teammates. Therefore, your special interest is accomplished if and when you collect 100 gold, and target a mafia with one of your abilities. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

9. TUF- You are the police commissioner. You can check the affiliation of a player per NP. You win with town. You start with 15 gold.

Special Interest: Being a tenacious investigator, you are addicted to the art of discovering new facts. Your special interest is accomplished if you manage to investigate one mafiosa with your current investigative ability. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

10. Oberherr- You are the miller. You will appear guilty to affiliation investigation, but you are actually aligned with town. You win with town. You start with 15 gold.

Special Interest: Your primary goal is to stay alive as long as possible. You can buy special abilities, both those are secondary to your primary self-interest. Your special interest is accomplished if you survive towards the Endgame. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

11. Kyro- You are the Beloved Princess. You have no active abilities but if you are night killed, then a night phase is skipped. If you are lynched, then a day phase is skipped. You win with town. You start with 10 gold.

Special Interest: Your high-ranking position is the court has brought upon a lot of pressure on yourself. This has caused severe suicidal tendencies. Your special interest is to get night killed. If you get night killed, your special interest is accomplished. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.

12.Royalpaladin- You are the tree stump. You have no possible night actions and cannot mention anything in this role. If you mention anything in this role, you will be mod-killed. You win with town. You start with 0 gold.

Special Interest: Giving your extremely challenging conditions, your special interest is also challenging. You must survive to the Endgame for your special interest to be accomplished. Whether you complete this special interest will be told to you at the Endgame.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:44:53 PM
Overall, I believe this game was well balanced. In my personal opinion, I think I overpowered the mafia a little bit. Getting gold for them in the beginning was very very easy. The longer that they kept all of themselves alive, the more inevitable their win would become. Town on the other hand, I kind of underpowered in the beginning but in reality, I planned them to win. Even though their abilities in the beginning of the game were lack luster, those who were active (few) could have picked up a few crucial abilities at the end game which would have probably turned the tide. In reality, the only townies who bought anything were Lickdafoot, TUF, and Peaceful.

Before Royal starts b!tching, I have to admit that I gave the mafia the list of things that town can buy. At the beginning of the game, I naively estimated that for some reason, nobody would use the buying abilities as a confirmation. I was obviously wrong. When it became clear that the mafia would be immediately dead if the list wasn't given to them, I gave it to them. In reality, I think this balanced the game rather than tipped it in the mafia's favor. That test was really cheap and shouldn't have been used (*glares at Royal and Koopin*).
Vmpire's miller bomb claim was hilarious to say the least. No offense Vmpire, but it was hella awful.

NP3 is where things got funny from my POV. Lickdafoot suspected Kyro and Peaceful suspected Oberherr. Both of them had killing powers so coupled with the mafia kill, three townies died in one night .

BH played splendidly. He was never remotely suspected for being mafia and managed to win the game singlehandedly. Kudos to BH. Also, BH gets credit for most death scenes.

Feedback please :).
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:45:14 PM
At 2/10/2012 5:44:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Who was I supposed to night-kill?

TUF, the Police Commissioner.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:45:22 PM
And all cause RP couldn't give up on the fact that me and kyro were Mafia....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:49:17 PM
NP1:
Lickdafoot protects Andro
Koopin watches Vmpire321
TUF investigates VMpire
Royal N/A
Viper N/A
Oberherr N/A
Kyro N/A
Peacefulchaos- None
Andro- None
Blackhawk kills Koopin
Vmpire 2x roleblocks LDF
F-16 janitors Koopin

Lickdafoot- Roleblocked
Koopin- Dead/ Janitored
Tuf- Guilty
NP2:

OberHerr- N/A
Kyro90- N/A
TUF investigates Kyro; Buys doctor ability
RoyalPaladin [Dead]
Andro [Dead]
PeacefulChaos investigates Oberherr
F-16- None
Lickdafoot- Roleblocked
Blackhawk1331- None
Viper-King- N/A
NP3:
1. Oberherr [Dead]
2. Kyro90 [Dead]
3. TUF investigates BH; Protects himself
4. PeacefulChaos- VIG kill Oberherr
5. Lickdafoot protects BH; Kills Kyro
6.Blackhawk1331 kills Viper
7. Viper [Dead}

Abilities:

TUF- DOC (20% chance of killing the person you are protecting) [Success] [Used]
Peacful- Cop (40% chance of failure) [Success]
Lickdafoot- VIG [Success] [Used]
VK- VIG [Success] [Dead not used]
Blackhawk- Mess up investigation results [Innocent] [Used
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:50:27 PM
Receiving Gold Town:

Participating in a successful VTNL lynch- 50 Gold
Participating in a successful Mafia lynch- 70 Gold for townie
Participating in a successful Townie lynch- 30 Gold for townie
Using your abilities (this is a base gold receivable amount, you will receive more gold for specific results)- 10 Gold
Surviving a day phase- 20 Gold
Surviving a night phase- 20 Gold
Buying an ability- 20 Gold

(Cop) Getting a guilty result from using your affiliation investigative abilities- 50 Gold
(Sensor) Receiving one/two/three anti-town participant(s)- 20/40/60 Gold
(Cop) Receiving a guilty/innocent result- 30/60 Gold
(Jack of all Trades) Using your silencer/ VIG/ Cop ability – 20/40/40 Gold
(Beloved Princess) If you are killed, you can give 40 Gold to any person that you would like. Caution: Giving the money to a mafia might be potentially disastrous.
(Doctor) Protecting a person- 35 Gold
(Watcher) Watching a person- 20 Gold
(Watcher) Receiving no results- 15 Gold
(Watcher) Receiving results- 25 Gold
(Tree Stump/Vanilla/Miller) Surviving a day phase- 40 Gold
(Tree Stump/Vanilla/Miller) Surviving a night phase- 25 Gold

Spending Gold:

Tracker ability- 115 Gold

Watcher ability- 125 Gold

Cop investigative ability (Note: Has a 40% chance of usage failure)- 160 Gold

Doctor ability (Note: Has a 20% chance of killing the person that you are protecting)- 190 Gold

Alter your special interest- 200 Gold

Lie Detector (Note: Has a 30% chance of giving incorrect results)- 200 Gold

Vigilante Power- 250 Gold

Gold earning and spending Mafia:

Receiving Gold:

Participating in a successful VTNL lynch- 80 Gold

Participating in a successful Mafia lynch- 50 Gold

Participating in a successful Townie lynch- 85 Gold
Note: For each alive mafia member, the multiplier of the above abilities will be increased by one.

Successfully role blocking a townie- 20 Gold

(Mafia Roleblocker Private) Participating in the lynch against the Godfather- 60 Gold (towards public coffers)

Successfully killing a player in the night phase- 40 Gold

Successfully using the Godfather's janitor ability- 40 Gold

Using the roleblocker's one-shot 2x night role blocking ability- 50 Gold
Mod Recommendation: Since the mafia is the strongest at the beginning, I would recommend saving up the gold in the beginning of the game.

Spending Gold:

Silencing a player- 300 Gold

"Messing" up some investigation results- 300 Gold

Appearing innocent to all investigations for the NP on which it is used- 320 Gold

Delaying all investigation results by one NP- 320 Gold

Kidnapping a player and forcing them to say whatever you want (Note: Has a 30% chance of failing)- 320 Gold

Role coping a player- 320 Gold

Role blocking a player- 320 Gold

Extra night kill- 400 Gold
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:52:55 PM
At 2/10/2012 5:44:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
BH played splendidly. He was never remotely suspected for being mafia and managed to win the game singlehandedly. Kudos to BH. Also, BH gets credit for most death scenes.

All but one. :)

The game was great. I think it was pretty well balanced and liked the concept. The only problem was that, towards the end, it was impossible for me to get money. That didn't really matter, though, because after DP 1 we were in the position to get two kills np 2. The only suggestion I have for the future is that when the princess is killed, punish the side that killed them. So don't eliminate a np cause the princess was nk'd. Eliminate a np if the mafia killed the princess or a dp if the town killed the princess.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:56:29 PM
At 2/10/2012 5:53:18 PM, TUF wrote:
Im such an idiot. I totally could have won this.

Don't be so hard on yourself. No one suspected me, and the ability I bought fortunately made me appear inno.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:57:11 PM
At 2/10/2012 5:53:18 PM, TUF wrote:
Im such an idiot. I totally could have won this.

I don't know TUF. You had a janitored role, a watcher and a doc claim to choose from. I am not sure you could have won based on facts alone. You might have had to go on behavior but then both LDF and BH were responsible for getting me killed. I am not sure you could have played any better than you did.

You could have gone off the fact that BH confirmed that Vmp visited LDF. He had to be mafia confirming a townie, not the other way around. And your innocent result would have been because of a lawyering power/messing results.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:57:19 PM
How would the kidnapping thing work?

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:58:53 PM
At 2/10/2012 5:52:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

The game was great. I think it was pretty well balanced and liked the concept. The only problem was that, towards the end, it was impossible for me to get money. That didn't really matter, though, because after DP 1 we were in the position to get two kills np 2. The only suggestion I have for the future is that when the princess is killed, punish the side that killed them. So don't eliminate a np cause the princess was nk'd. Eliminate a np if the mafia killed the princess or a dp if the town killed the princess.

When the NP got eliminated, it harmed everybody, not only the mafia.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 5:59:32 PM
At 2/10/2012 5:57:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:

"Mafia Janitor - Can choose one person at night. If that person dies at the hands of someone other than the Mafia, only the Janitor leans his role, and the town is not told what role he was. In some variations may be able to select people the Mafia are going to kill, but then is limited to one or two cover-ups in the game."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 6:00:35 PM
At 2/10/2012 5:59:32 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/10/2012 5:57:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:

"Mafia Janitor - Can choose one person at night. If that person dies at the hands of someone other than the Mafia, only the Janitor leans his role, and the town is not told what role he was. In some variations may be able to select people the Mafia are going to kill, but then is limited to one or two cover-ups in the game."

Ah, I thought it meant you could make them say something, like in the thread.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 6:43:27 PM
At 2/10/2012 5:58:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/10/2012 5:52:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

When the NP got eliminated, it harmed everybody, not only the mafia.

imo, it had the potential to hurt us more. It didn't make a difference in this game because I got the mislynch, and with the np, LDF probably would have covered me as would TUF. I'd then target LDF cause TUF said he was going to protect himself or me.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 6:44:53 PM
And LDF, I don't know if you ever responded to how you liked your death scene. I also forgot I have one for TUF when I thought he'd be the one surviving the dp. It's not really humorous or sadistic or anything. It was designed to get across the idea that I was going to quickly kill TUF so he couldn't buy a vig kill.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 6:45:57 PM
*It was also written on the assumption that TUF would then know I was mafia.

As the sun set, Blackhawk and TUF had a staredown. Blackhawk cluthed a knife in his hands. TUF knew he needed to get to the gunshop behind Blackhawk to get a gun and kill the murderer. Just as TIF tensed to run, blackhawk lunged at him with a savage cry and with the precision of an experienced killer, ran the knife between TUF's ribs and into his heart, killing him instantly. As TUF's blood flowed over his hands, a smile spread across blackhawk's face. He had done it. He had killed the final townie.