Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Concept Games

blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:02:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I propose that ober's is the last concept game that skips the list. I understand that people are eager to try something, but they need to wait their turn. With ober's game, we'll have 6 mafia games running. Mine, medic's, and LoR's from the list, the begginer games which are separate, a side game, and a concept game. It's too much and will just lead to innactivity in all the games. Wait your turn.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:03:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Meh, I see your point, BUT I will be posting this MUCH later on.

But yeah.....I see your point..... :(
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:03:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have no opinion on the matter. If I see a list, I am signing up.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:04:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Perhaps add a concept game list?

Only one on at a time?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:05:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was just about to make this same thread. Seriously, everyone on the mid list who didn't start a concept game now has to wait an extra month to mod, because of how many people have skipped the list.

It's cool to try new ideas, but try them when it's your turn on the list.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:05:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:02:13 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I propose that ober's is the last concept game that skips the list. I understand that people are eager to try something, but they need to wait their turn. With ober's game, we'll have 6 mafia games running. Mine, medic's, and LoR's from the list, the begginer games which are separate, a side game, and a concept game. It's too much and will just lead to innactivity in all the games. Wait your turn.

I propose that Ober wait his turn and doesn't skip the list at all. My Batman list was concept and I waited my turn. I have a thousand ideas for Mafia games, half of which could be considered "concept." Fvck. I don't even know what that term means.

It seems some people are just calling their games "concept" in order to skip the list.

On the other hand, it's a free world. Anyone can start any game they want, mafia or no. The only repercussions are those we, as a group, voluntarily implement. The only pressure here is Social pressure.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:08:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have an alternate Idea... Why not just remove the list completely? Instead just have a limit on how many games can go on at once.

I don't see anything wrong with that.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:09:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:08:09 PM, Koopin wrote:
Make a new mod list with concept games.

what about pm games?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:09:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1st things first. Um.... I agree totally..... I will run one of my games on my turn on the list. The problem is that I don't want to change my theme but the game itself doesn't match with the theme. What's your opinion, guys?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:10:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:08:09 PM, Koopin wrote:
Make a new mod list with concept games.

Which is tantamount to the same thing, as they're skipping the main list. I know most of the people are new here, but there was a push a little while back to purposefully move to having a single list. I think we should stick with a single list.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:10:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:08:49 PM, TUF wrote:
I have an alternate Idea... Why not just remove the list completely? Instead just have a limit on how many games can go on at once.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

No, then we have ten games going on at once which overcrowes the forum. I personally support no more than three at a time, but that's just me.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:10:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:08:49 PM, TUF wrote:
I have an alternate Idea... Why not just remove the list completely? Instead just have a limit on how many games can go on at once.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Because then people will be fighting over who gets to run their game next. If you're fast enough, you could be modding a game at all times.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:10:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:08:49 PM, TUF wrote:
I have an alternate Idea... Why not just remove the list completely? Instead just have a limit on how many games can go on at once.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

The reason we have mod lists is because the way it was was no list to begin with and it was horrible.
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:11:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:09:10 PM, TUF wrote:
At 2/12/2012 10:08:09 PM, Koopin wrote:
Make a new mod list with concept games.

what about pm games?

TUF, i was actually mad at u for removing the PM mafia game from the PM's then its not a PM game!!! :(
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:12:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think regular games and concept games should have separate lists but do follow more or less "the list" like how we were with small games before we weeded them out.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:17:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
just stick to the list man. i'm all for having plenty of games going on at once but everyone needs to wait their turn. mod's spend time crafting their games and they deserve the chance to see it play out like they intended.

every once in a while, if things are going slow, post an extra sign-up if you like, but don't let it get out of hand like it is now with 3/4 new "concept" games popping up every couple of days.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:18:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I didn't expect anyone to agree with me. But with the way that mafia has been growing on this game, removing mod list might just happen eventually anyway. The popularity of mafia is going to eventually get to the point where its similiar to epicmafia.

People have been having fun in these games, and that is what should be the point. Even if there is multiple games going on at once, who cares?

Some won't matter (like mine), some will. I just don't see the point to limiting time frames.

Especially because every concept game has had alot of players signing up for them.

And BH, I doubt people would be modding back to back, as that would be overwhelming, but even if someone wanted to, I don't see the harm in it.

I just don't see any REAL good reason to limiting things.

I will now await, while 50 people dis-agree with me, and this becomes a massive debate thread where neither side admits their wrong.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:20:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I and many others had to wait several months to mod my first game. So when somebody up and skips everyone by adding "concept" in front of their game title, it's pretty annoying.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:20:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, I sent PMs to too many players and I can't PM every single one of them again to tell them that I am cancelling my game so I'll just say it here.

***My concept game is cancelled***
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:22:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:18:12 PM, TUF wrote:
I didn't expect anyone to agree with me. But with the way that mafia has been growing on this game, removing mod list might just happen eventually anyway. The popularity of mafia is going to eventually get to the point where its similiar to epicmafia.

In other words, you weren't paying attention. The Mod List came about precisely because of how mafia was growing on this site.


People have been having fun in these games, and that is what should be the point. Even if there is multiple games going on at once, who cares?

It's not an issue of multiple games going on. It's an issue of too many games going on.


Some won't matter (like mine), some will. I just don't see the point to limiting time frames.

Ergo we should destroy the entire system because you don't see the point?


Especially because every concept game has had alot of players signing up for them.

And BH, I doubt people would be modding back to back, as that would be overwhelming, but even if someone wanted to, I don't see the harm in it.

I just don't see any REAL good reason to limiting things.

I will now await, while 50 people dis-agree with me, and this becomes a massive debate thread where neither side admits their wrong.

They're*
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:25:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:20:52 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, I sent PMs to too many players and I can't PM every single one of them again to tell them that I am cancelling my game so I'll just say it here.

***My concept game is cancelled***

When you decide to do the game F-16, I will be interested in joining...
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:27:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:22:31 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/12/2012 10:18:12 PM, TUF wrote:
I didn't expect anyone to agree with me. But with the way that mafia has been growing on this game, removing mod list might just happen eventually anyway. The popularity of mafia is going to eventually get to the point where its similiar to epicmafia.

In other words, you weren't paying attention. The Mod List came about precisely because of how mafia was growing on this site.

I was here during the first mafia game, and was also here during the list being drawn up. I don't see how the list helps the popularity.

People have been having fun in these games, and that is what should be the point. Even if there is multiple games going on at once, who cares?

It's not an issue of multiple games going on. It's an issue of too many games going on.

Please tell me what the issue even is. I see the large amount of concept games as a plus to productivity. More people have been getting involved with the mafia, and some of these games have been really fun, and creative. Tell me the problem here?

Some won't matter (like mine), some will. I just don't see the point to limiting time frames.

Ergo we should destroy the entire system because you don't see the point?

Sure why not. Why have something if there is no point to it?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:32:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
People should be free to have games other than mafia though. Like royal's assasin game, otherwise we will just name the forum "mafia"
kfc
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:34:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:27:58 PM, TUF wrote:
At 2/12/2012 10:22:31 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/12/2012 10:18:12 PM, TUF wrote:
I didn't expect anyone to agree with me. But with the way that mafia has been growing on this game, removing mod list might just happen eventually anyway. The popularity of mafia is going to eventually get to the point where its similiar to epicmafia.

In other words, you weren't paying attention. The Mod List came about precisely because of how mafia was growing on this site.

I was here during the first mafia game, and was also here during the list being drawn up. I don't see how the list helps the popularity.

Just about every active player is on the list right now, if we abolish it, they'll all just put their games up. We'll have dozens of games going on at the same time. People will either miss out, or spread themselves too thin, reducing the quality of the games.


People have been having fun in these games, and that is what should be the point. Even if there is multiple games going on at once, who cares?

It's not an issue of multiple games going on. It's an issue of too many games going on.

Please tell me what the issue even is. I see the large amount of concept games as a plus to productivity. More people have been getting involved with the mafia, and some of these games have been really fun, and creative. Tell me the problem here?

The problem is we want to keep it that way by not getting overwhelmed with too many games and diluting the pool.


Some won't matter (like mine), some will. I just don't see the point to limiting time frames.

Ergo we should destroy the entire system because you don't see the point?

Sure why not. Why have something if there is no point to it?

Bzzt. You not seeing a point doesn't mean there is one.

Let me guess, you're the kind of person that doesn't see the point in waiting in line either, do you Those people who patiently wait in line at the store are chumps. You just go ahead and cut right to the front. After all, what's the problem?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:34:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:32:37 PM, Koopin wrote:
People should be free to have games other than mafia though. Like royal's assasin game, otherwise we will just name the forum "mafia"

I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:36:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I still don't get why Royal's, TUF's and Knukle's games were allowed to run, but when Ober posted signups for his game, there is a huge backlash against concept games. I think we should at least be consistent in whether we allow concept games to run. Either we let them happen or not. I don't think it is fair to let certain concept games run but not others.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:39:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:36:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I still don't get why Royal's, TUF's and Knukle's games were allowed to run, but when Ober posted signups for his game, there is a huge backlash against concept games. I think we should at least be consistent in whether we allow concept games to run. Either we let them happen or not. I don't think it is fair to let certain concept games run but not others.

Well there was talk about them skipping the list before, but when Ober started yet another one, it started to become a trend that people didn't like.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:39:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:36:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I still don't get why Royal's, TUF's and Knukle's games were allowed to run, but when Ober posted signups for his game, there is a huge backlash against concept games. I think we should at least be consistent in whether we allow concept games to run. Either we let them happen or not. I don't think it is fair to let certain concept games run but not others.

Allowed? No one is stopping anyone from posting any game. I didn't sign up for any of those games and I agree that we should be consistent.

As far as the backlash, I can't say why. I guess just so many "concept" games in a row was the tipping point.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:42:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Concept games are usually very small and do not require much time to organize or play. They are used to test out fun and creative ideas which might not work. To force people to sacrifice their spot on the Mod list for a completely experimental game is absurd. The smallness of the game detracts from its popularity and activity in the game forum. It does not clog up anything and presents way for the evolution of mafia.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."