Jump to topic:

Death in Mystere DP 5

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 11:47:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Maxmillion Moran views the scene before him closely. He takes a look at the starry sky.

Seconds later a gunshot is heard.

Maximillion looked at the scene before him again. Could the result be described as amusing? How did it look to an onlooker? He wound his way back through the streets of Mystere to his residence.

Back at his residence Moran sat down and smiled. Perhaps an interesting result for the Mystere residents to be sure, but did they know what decisions had been made?

1. Bluesteel
2. Royalpaladin
3. F-16
4. Lickdafoot
5. Koopin
6. Socialpinko
7. Blackhawk1331
8. Drafterman (replaced Capslock)

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 11:52:28 PM
Nice. No kill. Okay, so I have been analyzing this game and thinking about it this NP and I landed on the most likely suspects to be mafia. First off, I think that not all of the cops are real cops. Logic wouldn't give us three cops who can all be confirmed by one head inspector. One of the three cops are mafia. I wouldn't put it past logic to give them an ability to plant fake-investigations on BH's desk.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 11:53:35 PM
Ok. I am fairly certain that either F_16 or Spinko is mafia, but I want to pressure other players first.

VTL Drafterman for a proper claim. My guess is that he is confirmed (based on the fact that someone was protected, and nobody claimed bulletproof. He must have jailed someone.) Once he tells us who he jailed, that person will be confirmed.

After that, I want to pressure LDF because her character does not have a detective novel link to her role.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 11:54:22 PM
At 2/12/2012 11:52:28 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Nice. No kill. Okay, so I have been analyzing this game and thinking about it this NP and I landed on the most likely suspects to be mafia. First off, I think that not all of the cops are real cops. Logic wouldn't give us three cops who can all be confirmed by one head inspector. One of the three cops are mafia. I wouldn't put it past logic to give them an ability to plant fake-investigations on BH's desk.

Bluesteel and I were discussing this. Both of us check out, so LDF is the fake cop. Both of us also have characters who wrote detective novels, but LDF does not.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 11:56:00 PM
At 2/12/2012 11:53:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok. I am fairly certain that either F_16 or Spinko is mafia, but I want to pressure other players first.

VTL Drafterman for a proper claim. My guess is that he is confirmed (based on the fact that someone was protected, and nobody claimed bulletproof. He must have jailed someone.) Once he tells us who he jailed, that person will be confirmed.

After that, I want to pressure LDF because her character does not have a detective novel link to her role.

Royal, I am not mafia. Seriously. I already role-claimed JOAT. I had useful results for two of those three nights. I certainly think Spinko is the mafia lookout as I have been pointing out last DP.

Drafterman need not have jailed the person who was targeted for the kill. He could have jailed the person who was performing the mafia kill hence nullifying the kill.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 11:58:10 PM
At 2/12/2012 11:56:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/12/2012 11:53:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Royal, I am not mafia. Seriously. I already role-claimed JOAT. I had useful results for two of those three nights. I certainly think Spinko is the mafia lookout as I have been pointing out last DP.

To be honest, none of your results really confirm you, and they all contained information that we already knew.
Drafterman need not have jailed the person who was targeted for the kill. He could have jailed the person who was performing the mafia kill hence nullifying the kill.
The OP mentions a gunshot. If that person had been jailed, would the gun have been fired?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:00:15 AM
F_16, both Bluesteel and I investigated you last night, so I am going to take your word that you are not Mafia for now.

1. Bluesteel - Confirmed
2. Royalpaladin - Confirmed
3. F-16-Confirmed
4. Lickdafoot-
5. Koopin-Confirmed
7. Socialpinko -most likely mafia
8. Blackhawk1331 -Confirmed
9.CAPS

There is a guilty mafio still left, so let us focus on them.

This leaves LDF, social, and CAPs. Is it possible that the jailer is mafia? If not, the remaining mafiosos are LDF and Spinko.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:00:24 AM
I tracked LDF last night. She visited no one. And none of powers are one-shot by the way. They are cyclical. I can investigate, track, watch in any order for the first three nights. Then repeat for the next three nights and so on.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:01:23 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:00:24 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I tracked LDF last night. She visited no one. And none of powers are one-shot by the way. They are cyclical. I can investigate, track, watch in any order for the first three nights. Then repeat for the next three nights and so on.

Interesting . . .

Unvote

VTL LDF
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:03:08 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:00:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

This leaves LDF, social, and CAPs. Is it possible that the jailer is mafia? If not, the remaining mafiosos are LDF and Spinko.

This.

Spinko claimed watcher. I don't believe that there would be an every night watcher, a JOAT who has unlimited shot watching powers every third night, a jailer and and a doctor. That is way too many protective roles. Spinko as the mafia lookout makes perfect sense.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:07:35 AM
Royal, I am assuming Bluesteel is in the Mason PM with you. I'd ask you for results but I'd much rather hear from LDF and Spinko first. After they give their results, you can give yours and we'll see if they match up.

Also, BH needs to confirm whether he got CapLlock's results. That would at least confirm that Bluesteel is telling the truth.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:13:46 AM
I was roleblocked np 3, jailed last night. the person that i tried testing is a bird... no it's a plane... TUF told me that I don't get my results, rather than i cannot check someone, so maybe BH got them.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:15:34 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:13:46 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I was roleblocked np 3, jailed last night. the person that i tried testing is a bird... no it's a plane... TUF told me that I don't get my results, rather than i cannot check someone, so maybe BH got them.

Can you explain the link between your character and your role, please?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:16:09 AM

Nope. How does BH get our results if we're not really cops....?

I think it's between f-16, capllock, maybe spinko.. but i'm leaning towards it not being spinko because he is the only person who medic possibly could have taken over for.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:16:09 AM

You were supposed to be jailed NP3. How do you that you were roleblocked and not jailed? Did Logic make a distinction?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:17:16 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:16:09 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

I think it's between f-16, capllock, maybe spinko.. but i'm leaning towards it not being spinko because he is the only person who medic possibly could have taken over for.

Spinko claimed watcher, not tracker.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:17:52 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:16:09 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

You were supposed to be jailed NP3. How do you that you were roleblocked and not jailed? Did Logic make a distinction?

Yes. descriptions were very different. i was told last night specifically that i was jailed.

np three i was told that my role was disabled.

@ royal. my role pm has no clarification about my character relating to my role.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:18:49 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:17:16 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/13/2012 12:16:09 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Spinko claimed watcher, not tracker.

have we gotten a claim from koopin yet?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:18:49 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:17:52 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Yes. descriptions were very different. i was told last night specifically that i was jailed.

This is not possible. Tvellalot, the roleblocker, is already dead.
@ royal. my role pm has no clarification about my character relating to my role.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:20:29 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:18:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Well it happened. Maybe a mafia JOAT or a up blocker.

Anyways, I was protected last night with my janitoration and no kill. Could mean Cap is townie but it could have been a plan to full us into confirming capl.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:21:00 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:20:29 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 2/13/2012 12:18:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Well it happened. Maybe a mafia JOAT or a backup blocker.

Anyways, I was protected last night with my janitoration and no kill. Could mean Cap is townie but it could have been a plan to full us into confirming capl.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:21:23 AM
I am also confirmed because I said in DP4 that my role was "disabled" on NP1 when I role-claimed. I wouldn't know to use the word "disabled." LDF is repeating what I said about "disabled" as well as confirming my tracking results that she visited no one.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:22:24 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:19:23 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, well I am confirmed because I said that LDF visited no one before she admitted that she was in fact jailed.

uhhh.. what??! A role confirmation is not an alignment confirmation... did you forget last dp that you were pressuring spinko, who was also role confirmed?

very fishy statement you just made there.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:23:45 AM
My theory about there being no noobs in the mafia is also true as I was right about Viper-King being town. For this reason, I also believe CapLlock is town.

Yes, Knukle was mafia, but we know Knukle is a good player. He also kicked-@ss in the Aeriel Warfare game right alongside Logic so Logic would definitely trust him enough to put him in the mafia.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:24:25 AM
Well, this is fantastic. The two of you are going to spend the DP fighting. Meanwhile, I am never going to figure out what is going on because both of you are much better than I am.

I think that both of you are scummy for some reason.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:25:50 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:22:24 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 2/13/2012 12:19:23 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, well I am confirmed because I said that LDF visited no one before she admitted that she was in fact jailed.

uhhh.. what??! A role confirmation is not an alignment confirmation... did you forget last dp that you were pressuring spinko, who was also role confirmed?

very fishy statement you just made there.

I pressured Spinko because my role basically cc's his role as I can track/watch unlimited times. Medic's role could just as well have been referring to me as Spinko. I have tracking ability whereas Spinko doesn't. He tracked Royal but doesn't know how it happenned.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:26:51 AM
At 2/13/2012 12:24:25 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Well, this is fantastic. The two of you are going to spend the DP fighting. Meanwhile, I am never going to figure out what is going on because both of you are much better than I am.

I think that both of you are scummy for some reason.

You said you and BS both investigated me and found me innocent?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 12:27:30 AM
I wonder why f-16 kept asking for role justification. mine has no justification. does anyone elses?

Think about it, if blue is a cop that gives late results to BH, logic put roles in the game specifically to confuse town. It makes sense that he gave an ambiguous watcher/tracker backup.

f-16s role doesn't really fit though.

Or Capl.