Total Posts:157|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mafia Jug Game - Day Phase 2

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:42:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The town anticipated a death in their village, and as they went outside they were greeted by the horrifying site of.......each other without their morning coffee.

This is the second Day Phase

The day phase will end if there is a lynch, no lynch, or on Wednesday 3:00 PM Central.

GRAVEYARD

Empty

ALIVE

Royalpaladin
Biastes
Viper-King
TUF
LordKnuckle
Medic
BlackHawk
Vmpire

BlackVoid is my Co-Mod and speaks with my authority.

Standard DDO Mafia Rules apply.

It takes five vote to lynch.

And may the odds ever be in your favor.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:45:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hangman's Diary
None
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 8:10:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Viper, NOW!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 8:12:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm willing to bet that somebody was recruited. Of course, giving the Jug a recruiting power would be very overpowered in such a small person game.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 8:24:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 8:12:49 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
I'm willing to bet that somebody was recruited. Of course, giving the Jug a recruiting power would be very overpowered in such a small person game.

I think the jug tried protecting and lawyering himself or something.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 9:08:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm saying this simply to take away some confusion.

The Mafia Juggernaut essentially has any ability that the Mafia has, including evasion abilities. Some of the more powerful abilities can only be used once however. Which ones, I will not say.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 9:12:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 9:08:50 AM, OberHerr wrote:
I'm saying this simply to take away some confusion.

The Mafia Juggernaut essentially has any ability that the Mafia has, including evasion abilities. Some of the more powerful abilities can only be used once however. Which ones, I will not say.

and also, using ANY ability counts as using one of the two actions the Jug can do that night. There is no automatic/passive abilities, they must be chosen.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 9:20:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 9:12:39 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/14/2012 9:08:50 AM, OberHerr wrote:
and also, using ANY ability counts as using one of the two actions the Jug can do that night. There is no automatic/passive abilities, they must be chosen.

Thanks ober. I think the mod is hinting at us that the jug avoided or at least tried to avoid someones ability using one of his many abilities.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 9:21:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Who is Biastes, and why did he appear just for this game with a name meaning strong, forceful, and violent?? Has he claimed yet??
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 9:28:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 9:21:49 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Who is Biastes, and why did he appear just for this game with a name meaning strong, forceful, and violent?? Has he claimed yet??

Not yet. VTL biastes for a role claim
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 10:29:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If he already claimed, was cc'd, and the cop didn't check him or we don't have a cop then we have to make a decision with what we have now.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 10:33:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 10:29:37 AM, medic0506 wrote:
If he already claimed, was cc'd, and the cop didn't check him or we don't have a cop then we have to make a decision with what we have now.

LordKnukle was obviously lying about his vanilla claim. I made a plan that would result in the LD/cop checking LK out, and LK removed that idea from my list when he reposted my plans.

LK also insisted on investigating Biastes rather than lynching him right away. That implies that LK was lying and that he wanted to avoid a lynch.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 10:49:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 10:33:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/14/2012 10:29:37 AM, medic0506 wrote:
If he already claimed, was cc'd, and the cop didn't check him or we don't have a cop then we have to make a decision with what we have now.

LordKnukle was obviously lying about his vanilla claim. I made a plan that would result in the LD/cop checking LK out, and LK removed that idea from my list when he reposted my plans.

LK also insisted on investigating Biastes rather than lynching him right away. That implies that LK was lying and that he wanted to avoid a lynch.

To be honest, I suspect all vanilla claims anyway, especially in a game with an uber-powerful mafioso.

I see nothing wrong with wanting an investigation before lynching someone. I took that same stand in the TV shows game with Falcon/Thaddeus. Thad ended up getting lynched, and surprise, he was innocent. His intent could simply be to avoid a mislynch.

If no further results come out, I'd prefer to lynch Biastes and decide on LK based on the flip, and events between now and day 3.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 11:35:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 10:33:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
LordKnukle was obviously lying about his vanilla claim. I made a plan that would result in the LD/cop checking LK out, and LK removed that idea from my list when he reposted my plans.

LK also insisted on investigating Biastes rather than lynching him right away. That implies that LK was lying and that he wanted to avoid a lynch.

How do we know there's an LD?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 11:43:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 11:35:19 AM, TUF wrote:
At 2/14/2012 10:33:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
LordKnukle was obviously lying about his vanilla claim. I made a plan that would result in the LD/cop checking LK out, and LK removed that idea from my list when he reposted my plans.

LK also insisted on investigating Biastes rather than lynching him right away. That implies that LK was lying and that he wanted to avoid a lynch.


How do we know there's an LD?

We do not. I am just hoping that there is one.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 11:44:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 11:34:11 AM, Viper-King wrote:
Ok. Royalpaladin was visited by no one last night.... That's what it came back to me but i think Juggernaut could be a ninja.

If the Juggernaut was a ninja, I would be dead.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 11:48:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 11:45:13 AM, TUF wrote:
So if there is an LD who do we want them to go on tonight?

Knukle and Biastes both claimed Vanilla, and I think that Knukle is lying. If there is an LD, Knukle should be checked out tonight.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 11:59:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 11:48:13 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/14/2012 11:45:13 AM, TUF wrote:
So if there is an LD who do we want them to go on tonight?

Knukle and Biastes both claimed Vanilla, and I think that Knukle is lying. If there is an LD, Knukle should be checked out tonight.

You don't think there can be multiple vanillas?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:00:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 11:48:13 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/14/2012 11:45:13 AM, TUF wrote:
So if there is an LD who do we want them to go on tonight?

Knukle and Biastes both claimed Vanilla, and I think that Knukle is lying. If there is an LD, Knukle should be checked out tonight.

I'm curious as to why you're so sure LK is lying. It would be really stupid for a solo mafioso to lie and cc someone on day 2. Also, why would he cc a vanilla, a role that can't hurt him in any way?? It just makes no sense. There's nothing but risk involved for mafia to do that.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:16:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 12:00:23 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/14/2012 11:48:13 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/14/2012 11:45:13 AM, TUF wrote:
So if there is an LD who do we want them to go on tonight?

Knukle and Biastes both claimed Vanilla, and I think that Knukle is lying. If there is an LD, Knukle should be checked out tonight.

I'm curious as to why you're so sure LK is lying. It would be really stupid for a solo mafioso to lie and cc someone on day 2. Also, why would he cc a vanilla, a role that can't hurt him in any way?? It just makes no sense. There's nothing but risk involved for mafia to do that.

I already explained why. I made plans that involved him being investigated, and he refused. In addition, I thought that we should have lynched Biastes to figure out who was lying (which is what you just proposed), and he refused to comply with that notion as well because it would have exposed him as a liar if Biastes had not been lying. He is basically refusing confirmation.

I am asking that he be investigated and not that he be lynched.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:24:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 12:16:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/14/2012 12:00:23 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/14/2012 11:48:13 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/14/2012 11:45:13 AM, TUF wrote:
So if there is an LD who do we want them to go on tonight?

Knukle and Biastes both claimed Vanilla, and I think that Knukle is lying. If there is an LD, Knukle should be checked out tonight.

I'm curious as to why you're so sure LK is lying. It would be really stupid for a solo mafioso to lie and cc someone on day 2. Also, why would he cc a vanilla, a role that can't hurt him in any way?? It just makes no sense. There's nothing but risk involved for mafia to do that.

I already explained why. I made plans that involved him being investigated, and he refused. In addition, I thought that we should have lynched Biastes to figure out who was lying (which is what you just proposed), and he refused to comply with that notion as well because it would have exposed him as a liar if Biastes had not been lying. He is basically refusing confirmation.

I am asking that he be investigated and not that he be lynched.

Did he propose an alternate plan?? He can't "refuse to comply" with an investigation, that decision isn't up to him it's up to the investigator.

You're directing the investigator to one particular target, knowing that mafia has a framing ability, likely leading to a false guilty. I'm beginning to wonder about you Royal.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:25:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 12:24:09 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/14/2012 12:16:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/14/2012 12:00:23 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/14/2012 11:48:13 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/14/2012 11:45:13 AM, TUF wrote:
So if there is an LD who do we want them to go on tonight?

Knukle and Biastes both claimed Vanilla, and I think that Knukle is lying. If there is an LD, Knukle should be checked out tonight.

I'm curious as to why you're so sure LK is lying. It would be really stupid for a solo mafioso to lie and cc someone on day 2. Also, why would he cc a vanilla, a role that can't hurt him in any way?? It just makes no sense. There's nothing but risk involved for mafia to do that.

I already explained why. I made plans that involved him being investigated, and he refused. In addition, I thought that we should have lynched Biastes to figure out who was lying (which is what you just proposed), and he refused to comply with that notion as well because it would have exposed him as a liar if Biastes had not been lying. He is basically refusing confirmation.

I am asking that he be investigated and not that he be lynched.

Did he propose an alternate plan?? He can't "refuse to comply" with an investigation, that decision isn't up to him it's up to the investigator.

His alternate plan was the same as mine except he deleted the part about him being investigated.
You're directing the investigator to one particular target, knowing that mafia has a framing ability, likely leading to a false guilty. I'm beginning to wonder about you Royal.
That is not true. The investigator can choose between biastes and LordKnukle. I do not care; I simply want to know which one is lying.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:44:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 12:29:40 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
medic, do you honestly think that there are two vanillas in a game with a JUG?

Well he is outnumbered. Giving too many players abilities could prove unfair to the jug. Plus we could no lynch every day and still be at an advantage. It would make sense if not all the town had powers.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:45:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 12:44:29 PM, TUF wrote:
At 2/14/2012 12:29:40 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
medic, do you honestly think that there are two vanillas in a game with a JUG?

Well he is outnumbered. Giving too many players abilities could prove unfair to the jug. Plus we could no lynch every day and still be at an advantage. It would make sense if not all the town had powers.

True, but I would expect one vanilla and one miller. I would not expect there to be two vanillas.

Does anyone have any results at all?
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:54:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, I'm thinking mafia is one of the inactives because either there is a townie roleblocker or the mafia targetted the doctor. If there is a townie roleblocker, roleblock the same person you did last night.