Surviving Players
kyro
OberHerr
vmpire321
MasterKage
USM
medic

Town
DevonNetzley - Doctor (Paranoid, roleblocks as well as protects)
kyro - Cop (Insane, receives opposite results)
Ober - Doctor (Naive, doesn't actually protect)
Jordan - Cop (Sane, receives accurate results)
USM - Miller
Xerge - Tracker/Watcher
Logic - Watcher/Tracker

Mafia
vmpire - Ninja, 1-shot Janitor
MasterKage - Godfather
medic - Framer/Lawyer

Action Summary
DP1:
Town: Xerge, Masterkage, Jordan, USM, kyro, vmpire - Vote to No Lynch

NP1:
1. DevonNetzley - Paranoid Doctor Ober
2. kyro - Insane Cop Vmpire (Innocent)
3. OberHerr - Naive Doctor LoR (No effect; Naive & roleblocked)
4. Jordan56 - Sane Cop Xerge (Innocent)
5. vmpire321 - Ninja Kill Xerge
6. MasterKage - Godfather Nothing
7. USM - Miller Nothing
8. Xerge - Tracker/Watcher Track Medic (Medic visits no one); Killed
9. medic - Framer/Lawyer Lawyers Self
10. Logic_on_Rails - Watcher/Tracker Watch Medic (Xerge visits Medic)

DP2:

Town: medic, kyro, vmpire. USM, MasterKage - Vote to No Lynch

NP2:
1. DevonNetzley - Paranoid Doctor Forfeit
2. kyro - Insane Cop Investigate MasterKage (Guilty)
3. OberHerr - Naive Doctor Protect Kyro (No effect; Naive)
4. Jordan56 - Sane Cop MasterKage (Innocent); Killed
5. vmpire321 - Ninja Kill Jordan
6. MasterKage - Godfather Nothing
7. USM - Miller Nothing
8. medic - Framer/Lawyer Lawyer vmpire
9. Logic_on_Rails - Watcher/Tracker Track kyro (Visits MasterKage)

DP3:

Town: No lynch on account of time

NP3:
1. DevonNetzley - Paranoid Doctor Kyro
2. kyro - Insane Cop Investigate Logic (No report; Roleblocked by Devon)
3. OberHerr - Naive Doctor Protect Kyro
4. vmpire321 - Ninja Kills Logic
5. MasterKage - Godfather Nothing
6. USM - Miller Nothing
7. medic - Framer/Lawyer Lawyer's Self
8. Logic_on_Rails - Watcher/Tracker Killed

DP4:

Town: medic, USM, kyro, Masterkage vote to lynch Devon

Analysis
In contrast to the first two games, this was a thoroughly disappointing game of mafia. The town No Lynched three days in a row and basically let the mafia run this game due to inactivity. The Mafia thrive in inactivity. Yes, Mafia tries to get Mislynches, but No Lynches work in their favor to. A townie might not be lynched, but lynches still provide information.

I'm not sure what to make of the inactivity. I don't blame the vets, as they had their own games to mod and they aren't supposed to be carrying the game. I don't blame the dead. And I don't blame the mafia, since they are supposed to exploit whatever they can to win. So, basically, the surviving town is to blame.

I am half tempted to up and end the Beginner's block here and now, as it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in continuing. Is four games too much? Should the beginners block stop right here?

In any event, this game in particular was anti-town. The town had built-in handicaps and the mafia had further information exploiting roles. I reiterate that the goal here is to teach concepts and expose people to situations, not provide balanced games.

Due to the extreme inactivity, I will not be awarding Most Valuable Newbs for this game.

I will also not start Beginners 6.4 unless I get explicit notification that this is what the players want. If the players want 6.4, please indicate with a vote: Vote to Continue.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:59:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Man, i knew vmpire was guilty from day 1. You guys should have listened to me and lynched him from then or at least gotten a claim out of him.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:01:37 PM
I wanted to lynch Kage. And I had a plan to ake sure Kyro was sane/insane... AND HE BLEEPING DID NOT FOLLOW THE PLAN. @Kyro: WHY!?
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:02:11 PM
@Drafterman How, do you think I played while i was alive. I didn't out myself as cop, but gave info that suggested vmpire was scummy. Was that a good idea.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:02:52 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:02:11 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
@Drafterman How, do you think I played while i was alive. I didn't out myself as cop, but gave info that suggested vmpire was scummy. Was that a good idea.

This is known as leaving breadcrumbs and is generally a good strategy if you are playing with people that can pick up on it.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:09:11 PM
Isn't there a tradition of allowing newb mods to mod? If so, who wants to do it? I'd do it...with a fairly active co-mod. Or if I was a co-mod myself.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:11:27 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:09:11 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Isn't there a tradition of allowing newb mods to mod? If so, who wants to do it? I'd do it...with a fairly active co-mod. Or if I was a co-mod myself.

If people like this format, I'm thinking of doing it again for 7.x with a newb mod.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:11:59 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:02:52 PM, drafterman wrote:

This is known as leaving breadcrumbs and is generally a good strategy if you are playing with people that can pick up on it.

Just remember that mafia can pick up on too, which is why you died.

I'd run 6.4 like a regular game one would find on DDO, with theme and characters, as well as roles.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:17:35 PM
T'was a good game.

Town basically just let us, the mafia, to slide on by.

Hehe, I still pwned.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:18:07 PM
Wow, sorry everyone, I trusted MK and apperently he was mafia... Godfather at that! This lose was basically my fault.... But other than that, good game guys!
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:21:31 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:18:07 PM, kyro90 wrote:
Wow, sorry everyone, I trusted MK and apperently he was mafia... Godfather at that! This lose was basically my fault.... But other than that, good game guys!

No, it was all of the remaining townies, and inactivity.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:24:35 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:21:31 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 2/15/2012 8:18:07 PM, kyro90 wrote:

No, it was all of the remaining townies, and inactivity.

Lol, ty for attempting to boost my moral. ^_^
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:25:23 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:11:59 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I'd run 6.4 like a regular game one would find on DDO, with theme and characters, as well as roles.

That's actually a good idea. Unfortunately, it's already been designed and Role PMs sent out lol. Ideas for next round.
wingalbrave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:26:49 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:25:23 PM, drafterman wrote:

That's actually a good idea. Unfortunately, it's already been designed and Role PMs sent out lol. Ideas for next round.

oh so i signed up too late to be a replacement oh well :(
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:27:53 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:26:49 PM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/15/2012 8:25:23 PM, drafterman wrote:

oh so i signed up too late to be a replacement oh well :(

There was someone ahead of you on the replacement queue. You will be ahead of the line for the next round though.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 11:43:21 PM
This game was fairly biased against the town yet the town played quite poorly.

This game does show the peril of inactivity and inaction. On DP 2 I rallied to try and do something other than a no lynch. Nobody listened. On DP 3 we were doing nothing and we had to develop some sort of plan so I tried to again rally the town into action. The plan would have worked had there not been a paranoid doc (that threw the plan into pieces) . Also, I was hoping there was a counterpart to my role that was alive. Didn't think of Xerge being the counterpart (which was logical given my NP 1 results) .

A final point of note - lynches in themselves are a way of gaining information and resolving impasses. The fear of mislynches on DDO is too great.

Essentially, while I didn't have much time for this game I tried to rally the town but the cry fell on deaf ears. One man can't carry a game. Combined with an anti-town set-up and things crumbled.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it