drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:39:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Players that pass in the night..

Meeting 1

vmpire walks down the darkened alley way, coming across another player.

"Hey! I was just coming to meet you."

"What a coincidence, I was just coming to me you," the other says.

"Well," vmpire said, scratching his head, "I'm not sure how this is supposed to work."

The mod speaks up, "Oh, I do."

"So, what happens?" they both asked.

"You die." The mod points at vmpire.

"Oh, fvck."

vmpire: You are the CULT LEADER. Each night you may select another individual. They will lose their abilities and become a CULTIST with your own PM. If you die, all CULTISTS will die. You win when 50% or more of the players are CULTISTS.

Meeting 2

Ober sat in his roome polishing the absurdly sharp blade of his sword.

"I will remain true. I will hold the honor of my faction. None can make me sway..."

*dingdong*

"Oh! Pizza's here!"

Ober opens the door. When he sees the person on the other side, his face hardens and he readies his sword.

"You cannot convert me!"

The person on the other side of the door looks quizzically back at Ober. "I can't convert you?"

"No!"

"What about kill you?"

Ober lowered his sword, "I'm not sure about that, let me check the manual."

Ober disappeared for a second, and came back with an ancient Tome, flipping through the pages. "It looks like you can kill me, but why would... oh..."

"Fvck."

Ober: You are the SAMURAI. You cannot be converted or recruited into any group or have your alignment changed. The first two people that attempt to do so will be killed. You win with the town.

Meeting 3

HCP gathered the papers together and rushed out the door.

"I gotta tell everyone what I've discovered, they've gotta know that... YOU!"

HCP stopped short.

"I've got info on, you, you're..."

"Yes," the other interrupted, "I know. As I should, I'm me."

"Well," HCP continued, "You can't stop me unless... oh.... FVCK"

HCP: You are the JACK OF ALL TRADES (JOAT). You have the following 1-shot abilities:
KILL - you may kill a person during the night.
COP - you may investigate a person's alignment during the night.
DOC - you may protect a person from being killed during the night.

You may use each ability only once, and may only use one ability each night. You win with the town.

Graveyard
vmpire (Cult Leader)
Ober (Samurai)
HCP (JOAT)

Living Players
1. kyro
2. Jordan56
3. MasterKage
4. USM
5. Xerge
6. The Wise And Venerable medic
7. The Piercing Intellect of Logic_on_Rails

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

blackhawk is my co-mod, and speaks with authority.

This Day Phase will end on 2/19 at 7:30pm EST.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:41:27 PM
Lol so you killed vmpire drafter?
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:42:02 PM
Lol @ the deaths.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:42:50 PM
At 2/17/2012 6:41:27 PM, kyro90 wrote:
Lol so you killed vmpire drafter?

No. I didn't kill vmpire. Vmpire was not mod killed. He was killed as a result of the actions that happened at night.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:45:08 PM
So, I killed Vmpire?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:46:18 PM
Oh lol. I was actually trying to recruit vmpire, but I didnt know he was the cultist lol.
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:57:22 PM
An interesting first night. Having a cult leader makes me think that we don't have 3 Mafia (3 Mafia + cult leader in a 10 player game is very unfair) , so I'm taking a guess at 2 Mafia. That means we can mislynch twice before losing assuming we don't no lynch and there's no vig (which isn't a safe bet given NP 1) .

I'll wait for Jordan to check in and give his results for now.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:58:04 PM
At 2/17/2012 6:45:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:
So, I killed Vmpire?

Think about this question and whether or not a mod would answer it publicly.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 6:58:37 PM
Ok it looks like Vampire died trying to recruit OberHerr, and mafia/vig/serial killer killed Ober and HCP. That's not certain but it would explain the events, and fits with the roles. I'm guessing that since this block is about third parties, the serial killer is almost a given, and that it's not likely that there is a vig. Also, the possibility of a cult is eliminated with vampire's death, so it's down to town/mafia/individual third parties.

Kyro, did you recruit anyone into the mason pm last night that can confirm your claim??
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:06:30 PM
At 2/17/2012 6:58:37 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Ok it looks like Vampire died trying to recruit OberHerr, and mafia/vig/serial killer killed Ober and HCP. That's not certain but it would explain the events, and fits with the roles. I'm guessing that since this block is about third parties, the serial killer is almost a given, and that it's not likely that there is a vig. Also, the possibility of a cult is eliminated with vampire's death, so it's down to town/mafia/individual third parties.

Kyro, did you recruit anyone into the mason pm last night that can confirm your claim??

I tried to recruit vmpire, but I didnt know he was cultist, and he died so thats a waste of recruits... -__-
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:23:03 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:06:30 PM, kyro90 wrote:

I tried to recruit vmpire, but I didnt know he was cultist, and he died so thats a waste of recruits... -__-

I was hoping you wouldn't say that because honestly I'm doubting the existence of a mason pm in a game this small anyway. Mason recruiter is an excellent fake claim in small games because no one wants to take a chance on lynching the recruiter. I'm not sure where I stand on this because it seems awfully convenient that out of the entire field, the person you tried to recruit is #1 on the list of dead people, thus still unconfirmable. Also, the fact that you lived through the night after claiming recruiter is also suspicious, though mafia could have avoided you for fear of the doc being on you.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:28:37 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:23:03 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I was hoping you wouldn't say that because honestly I'm doubting the existence of a mason pm in a game this small anyway. Mason recruiter is an excellent fake claim in small games because no one wants to take a chance on lynching the recruiter. I'm not sure where I stand on this because it seems awfully convenient that out of the entire field, the person you tried to recruit is #1 on the list of dead people, thus still unconfirmable. Also, the fact that you lived through the night after claiming recruiter is also suspicious, though mafia could have avoided you for fear of the doc being on you.

Well actually, putting into consideration that I have barely scratched the surface of how many roles there are, I am pretty sure I wouldnt know a Mason even existed without having to be that role.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:35:55 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:28:37 PM, kyro90 wrote:

Well actually, putting into consideration that I have barely scratched the surface of how many roles there are, I am pretty sure I wouldnt know a Mason even existed without having to be that role.

That argument never works because if you're mafia, it's likely that you have someone with more experience helping you out in the mafia pm.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:36:02 PM

I will say though Medic, it would not make much sense for Drafter to NOT put it in this game, since the theme is clear.

kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:37:59 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:36:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:

I will say though Medic, it would not make much sense for Drafter to NOT put it in this game, since the theme is clear.

Makes sense. Drafter DID say he was going to put third part people, and I think this counts as third party.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:41:51 PM

Mason pm's have nothing to do with third parties, it's simply a means for townies to communicate, just like the mafia pm but for townies. I'm not saying it's impossible for it to be in the game, I just think it unlikely because of how fast it can shift the balance in a small game.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:44:57 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:37:59 PM, kyro90 wrote:

Makes sense. Drafter DID say he was going to put third part people, and I think this counts as third party.

lol...I think you just slipped up. My role pm says I win with the town. If your win condition is unclear to you then obviously you must not be town.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:46:52 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:44:57 PM, medic0506 wrote:

lol...I think you just slipped up. My role pm says I win with the town. If your win condition is unclear to you then obviously you must not be town.

Mine also says I win with the town, though since it has its own PM, I thought it counted as a third party... -__-
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:48:59 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:42:14 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 2/17/2012 7:26:02 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
I got an innocent last night.

Who's innocent?

No, Jordan shouldn't out inno's.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:49:39 PM
Be right back guys. Hungry...
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:57:15 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:48:59 PM, MasterKage wrote:

Who's innocent?

Wait... what? I thought the wisdom was that either A) don't out if you're a cop and you get innos or B) don't claim DP1.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 7:57:51 PM

Who's innocent?

Why?

MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 8:00:01 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:57:15 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Who's innocent?

Wait... what? I thought the wisdom was that either A) don't out if you're a cop and you get innos or B) don't claim DP1.

There are third parties in this game, and only the townies appear as innocent, I would think. So, by outing an inno, the mafia know that person is town.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 8:00:30 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:57:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Who's innocent?

Why?

At 2/17/2012 8:00:01 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 2/17/2012 7:57:15 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Who's innocent?

There are third parties in this game, and only the townies appear as innocent, I would think. So, by outing an inno, the mafia know that person is town.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 8:01:57 PM
At 2/17/2012 7:46:52 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 2/17/2012 7:44:57 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Mine also says I win with the town, though since it has its own PM, I thought it counted as a third party... -__-

Oooh!! That's a krafty answer. I can't tell if you're being honest or yankin' my chain.
You're definately a good candidate for a cop check tonite.