USM
Xerge

Town
HCP - JOAT
kyro - Mason Recruiter
OberHerr - Samurai
Jordan56 - Cop
MasterKage - Shrink
USM - Turncoat (Converted to Mafia by Logic on NP2)

Mafia
Xerge - Enforcer
Logic_on_Rails - Yakuza

3rd Party
vmpire321 - Cult Leader
medic - Serial Killer

Now, since I used some unconventional roles, here are the role PMs:

You are the MASON RECRUITER. Each night you may select another individual. If that person wins with the town, they will be recruited into the MASONS with your own PM. If they do not win with the town, you will die. Exception: If you try to recruit a CULTIST or a CULT LEADER. They will die and you will recruit no one. You win with the town.

----

You are the SHRINK. Each night you may select another individual. If that individual would have their alignment changed, that conversion is prevented. If you target the SERIAL KILLER, they are converted into a VANILLA townie. You win with the town.

----

You are the JACK OF ALL TRADES (JOAT). You have the following 1-shot abilities:
KILL - you may kill a person during the night.
COP - you may investigate a person's alignment during the night.
DOC - you may protect a person from being killed during the night.

You may use each ability only once, and may only use one ability each night. You win with the town.

----

You are the SAMURAI. You cannot be converted or recruited into any group or have your alignment changed. The first two people that attempt to do so will be killed. You win with the town.

----

You are the COP. Each night phase you may select an individual and you will be told that individual's alignment. 'Innocent' means they are aligned with the town. 'Guilty' means they are not aligned with the town. You win with the town.

----

You are the TURNCOAT. You have no abilities. You win with the town. If you are killed in the night your role becomes the following:

'You are the TRAITOR. You win with the mafia, but are not part of the Mafia PM.'

----

You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night you *must* select another individual to kill. You win when there is only one other person remaining.

----

You are the CULT LEADER. Each night you may select another individual. They will lose their abilities and become a CULTIST with your own PM. If you die, all CULTISTS will die. You win when 50% or more of the players are CULTISTS.

----

You are the YAKUZA. Once per game you may select another individual. You will die and that individual will become a MAFIA GOON, joining the Mafia PM. You win with the Mafia.

----

You are the ENFORCER. Each night you may select another individual. If that individual would have their alignment changed, or they would have otherwise been recruited, that conversion is prevented.

----

Those familiar with EpicMafia will recognize most of these roles.

Action Summary

DP1:

Town: Jordan, Ober, MasterKage, Vmpire, medic, kyro - Vote to No Lynch

NP1:

1. HCP - JOAT - Cop medic (Guilty); Killed
2. kyro - Mason Recruiter - Recruit vmpire (Kills him as vmpire is cult)
3. OberHerr - Samurai - Killed
4. Jordan56 - Cop - Investigate USM (Innocent)
5. vmpire321 - Cult Leader - Recruit Jordan (Dies before recruit goes through)
6. MasterKage - Shrink - Shrink medic
7. USM - Turncoat - Nothing
8. Xerge - Enforcer - Enforce medic
9. medic - Serial Killer - Kill HCP (Would have been negated due to shrink, but enforcer cancelled out shrink)
10. Logic_on_Rails - Yakuza - Kill Ober

DP2:

Town: Xerge, USM, Jordan, Logic - Lynch MasterKage

NP2:

1. kyro - Mason Recruiter - Irrelevant
2. Jordan56 - Cop - Investigate Logic (Guilty), Killed
3. USM - Turncoat - Converted to Mafia Goon by Logic
4. Xerge - Enforcer - Enforce Jordan
5. medic - Serial Killer - Kill Jordan, Killed
6. Logic_on_Rails - Yakuza - Yakuza USM (dies), Kill medic

Notes: I also went by EpicMafia conventions when it comes to recruiting. That is, Masons convert first, then Cultists, then Yakuza. This is why kyro killed Jordan and Jordan didn't die as a Cultist.

Analysis
This game hinged heavily on luck and skill. Luck, in that the serial killer was both targeted by the Shrink (which would have converted him into a Vanilla) and the Enforcer (which prevents conversions). Also Luck in kyro and Jordan targeting each other. Skill, in Xerge getting the mislynch on MasterKage. After that, the mafia pretty much had it in the bag. In a game that was designed for conversions, there was only one: USM's at the end, due to Logic's power. They were contemplating killing USM and converting Medic, but USM converts to mafia anyway in response to the first attempt on his life, so the outcome would have simply been 3v2 instead of 2v1.

A quick game, due to all the killing/conversion. I hope it was enjoyable.

Awards
Most Valuable Newb goes to Xerge for managing to weasel his way out of being lynched. He gets the Teflon Don award..

I would like everyone's opinion regarding this block of Beginner's games as a whole, both from players and observers as well. Was it constructive? Did this format add anything? Should we just go back to the way things were? I'd like to continue with the following changes:

1. A newb mod will be the primary mod for the games, with an experienced player as co-mod.
2. The games will follow the same basic format, but with some randomness added in for the closed games (working on something of a modular format).
3. Add 3rd parties to the 3rd game curriculum.
3. Make the fourth game one to be solely designed by the newb mod, with theme and characters, to introduce newbs how Mafia is typically played here at DDO.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 7:52:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, I hate you Xerge.

Had you not Enforced Medic, he would have become a vanilla and HCP would have remained and we wouldn't have lost this fast. In fact, we probably wouldn't have even lost.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 7:53:08 PM
At 2/18/2012 7:52:15 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Okay, I hate you Xerge.

Had you not Enforced Medic, he would have become a vanilla and HCP would have remained alive and we wouldn't have lost this fast. In fact, we probably wouldn't have even lost.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 8:17:55 PM
Oh and, sorry but I have to.

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘". . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 9:42:13 PM
I think that the starting notes you had and such were good resources and something that should be kept for any beginner series. They were extremely concise and clear.

The main issue I had with this series was the set-up of the games themselves. Many were unbalanced and abnormal which I could see as skewing the beginner perception of how a Mafia game runs. Also, many roles from the 3rd and 4th games are very rarely seen, so that's something that doesn't really help the beginners out. Finally, the beginners never got round to a themed game and so haven't quite faced the broad array of things that they could do with knowing about.

My solution would be to have the 1st game work the same, the second game include a third party role , the third game would be a complex classic game and the 4th a complete game with themes and all. Yes, my order is a bit repetitive and clearly needs work. I haven't given it too much thought I suppose.

Overall though your instructional material and modding and such was exemplary and I thank you for running the beginner games Drafterman.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 9:59:48 PM
At 2/18/2012 9:42:13 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I think that the starting notes you had and such were good resources and something that should be kept for any beginner series. They were extremely concise and clear.

The main issue I had with this series was the set-up of the games themselves. Many were unbalanced and abnormal which I could see as skewing the beginner perception of how a Mafia game runs. Also, many roles from the 3rd and 4th games are very rarely seen, so that's something that doesn't really help the beginners out. Finally, the beginners never got round to a themed game and so haven't quite faced the broad array of things that they could do with knowing about.

My solution would be to have the 1st game work the same, the second game include a third party role , the third game would be a complex classic game and the 4th a complete game with themes and all. Yes, my order is a bit repetitive and clearly needs work. I haven't given it too much thought I suppose.

Overall though your instructional material and modding and such was exemplary and I thank you for running the beginner games Drafterman.

These are good suggestions, though I'm not sure I entirely agree about the balance thing. You can't know whether a game is balanced until the end, when you see all cards are on the table.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 10:15:12 PM
If there is another game, sign me up too! That was fun! :D
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 10:18:24 PM
Good game guys......

From what I seen of myself and others, we have become better. With the advice from the veterans (Logic and medic) really helped with the progress too.

Again...good game guys. I would like to see the series continued...
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 10:20:23 PM
At 2/18/2012 10:19:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
I will post sign-ups probably on Monday or Tuesday

Alright, I will probobly be on like everyday on those days anyway so I might as well check once in a while. ^_<
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary