Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

"The thing" ENDGAME

TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:23:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
MAFIA WINS

THE THING ROLES PM GAME
MAFIA
Viper-king
You are the original thing(Godfather). After being frozen for years, your ready to reap havoc on the people of earth. First things first, you can't die! In order to take over the human race you must take over each human one by one on this secluded little continent, before you can make your rounds around the world.
You can take over (recruit) one person each night. You win if your army exceeds the number of humans left alive.
You can only be killed by a lynch, thus you are bulletproof during the night phase, however the same won't apply for the humans you consume. Upon recruiting, you and your fellow things get to contribute together and decide who to recruit, but overall, you get to make the official decision. If you get lynched, you get to decide who will carry out the recruit action at night. Good luck, and don't get lynched!
You win with the mafia.

TOWN
BlackHawk1331
You are Macready, the flame bearer (vigilante). You are the only human that was smart enough to bring a flame thrower along with you on the expedition. You have enough fuel to carry out one night kill throughout the game. make sure to use it wisely!
If consumed, your role becomes null and void. You win with the town.
(consumed np 1)

Andromeda_Z
You are Blair, the medic (Doctor). You were the only human smart enough to bring along a med pack on the expedition. Thus you can protect one person from being recruited/killed, during the night phase. You only have enough supplies to help one person, so choose wisely!
If consumed, your role becomes null and void. You win with the town.
(consumed NP3, lynched dp 6)

F-16
You are Childs, the Investigater (cop). You have always had a keen eye for suspicious people, but now more than ever. You decided to bring some viles with you on your expedition to take scientific samples. But now you find that testing peoples blood will prove a more sufficient use for them. Upon viewing the blood, your results will either show "infected", or "uncontaminated". You only brought enough viles to do this once, so choose wisely!
If consumed, your role becomes null and void. You win with the town.

LordKnuckle
You are Clark, The reviver (surgeon). You have a defibulater, than you can use to restart a person's heart with. Unfortunately you only have enough batteries with you on the expedition to complete this action once, so choose wisely!
If consumed, your role becomes null and void. You win with the town.
(consumed np 2, and killed by gun shot from PR/jordan)

Jordan56
You are Nauls, the protector (body guard). You can choose a person each night phase to protect. You will then take whatever night action that was placed on them, on you.
If consumed, your role becomes null and void. You win with the town.
If you make it to MYLO, you unlock a a gunsmith ability, that can be used during the day to kill a player of your choosing.
(consumed np6)

Royalpaladin
You are Garry, the follower (tracker). You can track someone during the night phase to see who they visited. This is a one time ability, so make sure to use it wisely!
If consumed your role becomes null and void. You win with the town.

Medic0506
You are Windows, the Human. Your goal is to stay alive, and help the others figure out who the thing is! Play smart, and don't let the thing get you! You win with the town. You have an every night doctor ability you can use to protect someone (including yourself) with from being recruited.

Kyro90
You are Palmer, the human. Your goal is to stay alive, and help the others figure out who the thing is! Play smart, and don't let the thing get you! You win with the town.
(Consumed np 4, modkilled Dp5 )

Thaddeus
You are Norris, the human. Your goal is to stay alive, and help the others figure out who the thing is! Play smart, and don't let the thing get you! You win with the town.
(consumed np7 to end the game.)

OberHerr
You are Fuchs, the human. Your goal is to stay alive, and help the others figure out who the thing is! Play smart, and don't let the thing get you! You win with the town.
(lynched dp7)

GAME NOTE:

This was obviously a concept game so I didn't expect it to go perfect, but this game was always slighted towards the mafia favor. With that said, the town did extremely well. This game started out with the mafia winning, then skyrocketed over to the town winniing, just before the mafia took last place in the end.

What I should have done, was not include any vanillas. Pretty much every town member needed an awesome ability in order to win this game, but the town actually almost pulled on off a win without all that stuff so I am very impressed.

I think saying the mafia wins flat out is a little unfair towards the town, as some of them were recruited later on, so I am going to do MVP awards and who I think ranked in the top three on both teams.

MVP AWARD
WINGALBRAVE/ROYALPALADIN

Royal had spot on analysis throughout the game, and I think it is sufficient to say that pretty most of the successful mafia lynches were lead by her (and medic).

I thought it was actually quite hilarious that at one point, wingalbrave (royal) actually called out every single mafia member in one post! (post number 6 page, one of day phase 4 I believe)

Also during DP7, royal had the perfect analysis figured out on the dp1 recruit. The only reason it didn't work is because royal believed BH was confirmed through his supposed vig kill. (why partam/jordan didn't tell the town it was him that killed LK, IDK, but it really worked in the mafias favor)

Anyways, I give this reward to royal because I believed she played really smart, and lead the most lynches.
I do recognize that a huge chunk of that success goes to medic as well, as he contributed to most of the insightful discussion, and saved the town from a recruit on DP5.

SEXY BEAST AWARD
THADDEUS
nuff' said.

LUCKIEST PLAYER AWARD
BLACKHAWK1331

BlackHawk's win came down the fact that partam/jordan never admitted the day kill to the town. Also he was extremely lucky for dodging most the doctors protection, and thinking like the doctor would.
BlackHawk also played his part spectacularly, along with LK on his side.
The mafia had some downfalls as well (the np5 no recruit, and the kyro slip up).
But overall their success was due to the extreme luck of BlackHawk.
You

TOWN:
1st place: Royalpaladin
2nd place: Medic0506
3rd place: F-16/lovelife

MAFIA:
1st: BlackHawk1331
2nd: LordKnukle
3rd: Viper-King (never had much of a chance to contribute given his death, but did well before his death)

Good game guys.

And town, I wouldn't take this as too much of a loss, as you guys got the mafia down to 1, at one point. Both sides did awesome.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:24:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol, nice job everyone! :D
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:29:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:28:12 PM, Viper-King wrote:
suck my @ss wingabrave (not u RP)... ;) u little spy.... getting me to spend a bunch of time on u

Haha! ^-^
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:29:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:28:12 PM, Viper-King wrote:
suck my @ss wingabrave (not u RP)... ;) u little spy.... getting me to spend a bunch of time on u

Be glad Mafia won at least lol. :D
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:32:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:31:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
That was so close. Good game Royal. And TUF did great modding the game too.

Ditto.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:33:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:32:28 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 2/22/2012 4:31:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
That was so close. Good game Royal. And TUF did great modding the game too.

Ditto.

Thanks guys :)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:36:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It was DP 5 where royal called out all the mafia members. lol here is the link.
http://www.debate.org...
Post number 6
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:39:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also sorry for the length of this game guys. I didn't expect this to go 7 DP's.
But in a game like this with no NK's I guess you can't really expect it to go fast.

Inactivity plauged this game during the beginning, but after a few replacements were made, it picked right up to pace.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:43:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, town only got 1 mislynch throughout the whole game! How often can you say that?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:47:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:43:56 PM, TUF wrote:
Also, town only got 1 mislynch throughout the whole game! How often can you say that?

That is actually not very uncommon and is one of my pet peeves. In Blackhawk's Star Trek game for instance, I think there was only one mislynch (excluding third parties). In the Monk game, I don't think town actually lynched a townie who wasn't third party/guilty in some way (Mafia played great though). Town never actually mislynched in the FF7 game even though mafia had to work for their win.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:57:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:47:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/22/2012 4:43:56 PM, TUF wrote:
Also, town only got 1 mislynch throughout the whole game! How often can you say that?

That is actually not very uncommon and is one of my pet peeves. In Blackhawk's Star Trek game for instance, I think there was only one mislynch (excluding third parties). In the Monk game, I don't think town actually lynched a townie who wasn't third party/guilty in some way (Mafia played great though). Town never actually mislynched in the FF7 game even though mafia had to work for their win.

Its uncommon enough from my time back here. I haven't seen a town win in forever. Almost a year.

People are always so eager to bandwagon. And there are alot of people who are really good at mafia now a days. I don't think mafia is a mafia sided game, I just think lately, players have gotten better at the mafia side.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:03:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:57:33 PM, TUF wrote:
At 2/22/2012 4:47:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/22/2012 4:43:56 PM, TUF wrote:
Also, town only got 1 mislynch throughout the whole game! How often can you say that?

That is actually not very uncommon and is one of my pet peeves. In Blackhawk's Star Trek game for instance, I think there was only one mislynch (excluding third parties). In the Monk game, I don't think town actually lynched a townie who wasn't third party/guilty in some way (Mafia played great though). Town never actually mislynched in the FF7 game even though mafia had to work for their win.

Its uncommon enough from my time back here. I haven't seen a town win in forever. Almost a year.

People are always so eager to bandwagon. And there are alot of people who are really good at mafia now a days. I don't think mafia is a mafia sided game, I just think lately, players have gotten better at the mafia side.

I don't know. It sometimes seems near impossible for town to lose if they all think logically. The recent trend of many people signing up only to be inactive is to blame for this. I can name people who sign up for every single game only to never play and pop up halfway through the game and asked for a summary. Summaries are of course biased and then they vote for whoever has the most votes on them.

Why sign-up if you don't play? I don't sign up for every game but the ones I do, it is almost a guarantee that I will be active. I still hold that if the town has enough good players, it doesn't matter how powerful the mafia is, town will always win unless the game is severely unbalanced (not requiring any mislynches etc).
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:08:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 5:03:16 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't know. It sometimes seems near impossible for town to lose if they all think logically.

We always end up arguing and dis-agreeing with each other, which fvcks that up lol.

The recent trend of many people signing up only to be inactive is to blame for this. I can name people who sign up for every single game only to never play and pop up halfway through the game and asked for a summary.

(Cough) lovelife (cough)
(cough) spinko (cough)
(Cough) Vmpire321 (cough)

Summaries are of course biased and then they vote for whoever has the most votes on them.

Agreed.

Why sign-up if you don't play? I don't sign up for every game but the ones I do, it is almost a guarantee that I will be active. I still hold that if the town has enough good players, it doesn't matter how powerful the mafia is, town will always win unless the game is severely unbalanced (not requiring any mislynches etc).

I am craving to see at least one town win with the new set of members. (you guys are still considered the new set of members to me lol)
Most of the games seemed pretty balanced on both sides.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:10:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What did you guys think about me? I think I did pretty bad personally but thats just my oppinion. I want to hear yours!
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:12:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 5:10:09 PM, kyro90 wrote:
What did you guys think about me? I think I did pretty bad personally but thats just my oppinion. I want to hear yours!

U DID SO BAD MY MAMA WOULD HAVE SPANKED U!!!! lol no jk u did good and ur getting better :)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:13:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 5:08:52 PM, TUF wrote:
At 2/22/2012 5:03:16 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't know. It sometimes seems near impossible for town to lose if they all think logically.

We always end up arguing and dis-agreeing with each other, which fvcks that up lol.

The recent trend of many people signing up only to be inactive is to blame for this. I can name people who sign up for every single game only to never play and pop up halfway through the game and asked for a summary.

(Cough) lovelife (cough)
(cough) spinko (cough)
(Cough) Vmpire321 (cough)

Summaries are of course biased and then they vote for whoever has the most votes on them.

Agreed.

Why sign-up if you don't play? I don't sign up for every game but the ones I do, it is almost a guarantee that I will be active. I still hold that if the town has enough good players, it doesn't matter how powerful the mafia is, town will always win unless the game is severely unbalanced (not requiring any mislynches etc).

I am craving to see at least one town win with the new set of members. (you guys are still considered the new set of members to me lol)
Most of the games seemed pretty balanced on both sides.

Danielle's miscellaneous game
Spinko's Anarchist game
Spinko's Quentin Tarantino films game
Blackhawk's Inheritance Cycle game
Marauder's C'ACIT' game
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:17:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 5:13:14 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Danielle's miscellaneous game
Spinko's Anarchist game
Spinko's Quentin Tarantino films game
Blackhawk's Inheritance Cycle game
Marauder's C'ACIT' game

Those were all before I started playing.

I want to see a town win one of the newer games ha.
The last like 10 games were all mafia and 1 third party win.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:23:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 5:08:52 PM, TUF wrote:
I am craving to see at least one town win with the new set of members. (you guys are still considered the new set of members to me lol)

We've won games as town before. I'll have to find one.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:24:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 5:23:35 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 2/22/2012 5:08:52 PM, TUF wrote:
I am craving to see at least one town win with the new set of members. (you guys are still considered the new set of members to me lol)

We've won games as town before. I'll have to find one.

F-16 already did lol. None of them were while I was here.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:46:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So, whose BRILLIANT idea was it to lynch me, hmm?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 6:26:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
WTF Jordan???

People need to stop signing up for games if they aren't going to read the phases. This totally pisses me off, we could have won this.

Anyway good game everyone. Tuf that was a really good idea and concept, and I wouldn't mind playing that one again. With active players of course.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 6:37:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 6:26:44 PM, medic0506 wrote:
WTF Jordan???

People need to stop signing up for games if they aren't going to read the phases. This totally pisses me off, we could have won this.

Anyway good game everyone. Tuf that was a really good idea and concept, and I wouldn't mind playing that one again. With active players of course.

If this game is done again, the town need uber powerful roles, and they pretty much all need to be everynight abilities. I think two or three every night doctors would even up the odds a bit.

I am glad you liked it medic :) thanks for joining.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 8:42:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I thought it was a great idea too. And, like medic said, it definitely needed more activity.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena