Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Christian's RP Hunger Games! (Rules and Regs)

ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:40:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey guys! Long time no see I am sure, but as promised I am coming back with a bang. I posted in the Mafia Host thread about possibly running an RP Game which hasn't been done in a very long time, now before I do, I wanted to post the Rules and Guidelines, How to Play, some examples and concepts I have to make this run as smooth as possible.

About an RP Game
General:
- My RP game will not be divided into Night and Day phases like a normal mafia game. An RP Game is based off of "in-game" time. Meaning the RP itself will have its own time, and you can perform an action at any time if you're character permits it, or if it does not conflict with a previous action or current condition of your character. (For example, your character will not be able to swim if he/she is missing a leg.)
- RP games are complex in that many different things are happening at one time, so it is very important to watch the thread (called the Action Thread or AT, in-forum) containing news, important updates, deaths or other important information to see if you're character needs to react in a certain way or manner.
- Each character is made by it's player. From the beginning all the way until the very end. In the beginning you will be able to assign a pre-determined amount of attribute points to your character in certain skills. (i.e Stamina, Strength, Endurance, Cooking, etc.) From there, there will be many opportunities that can and will either decrease or increase your character's attributes.
- Depending on who is hosting the RP, you may be given a set of armor an weapons at the beginning of the game, or you might have to craft something out of the materials around you or purchase your own at a store in the RP area.
How to Play an RP Game
1) Each player will have their own individual Private Message thread with the host to:
- Submitting Actions = All actions must be submitted in the following format: (insert action here) Thats it! You will only be allowed to submit 5 actions per confirm. What is a confirm you may ask? A confirm is a simple message made by the host recognizing the fact that you have performed the action, and will normally contain the result of said action. However, if your action is denied or conflicted, the host will kindly ask you rescind or restate.
- Ask Questions = If you need to ask questions, then ask. Dont make big deal.
2) If you are killed or eliminated, you are permitted to 'live' for 24 hours in 'real time'. Meaning someone either must find and revive you in a LOGICAL way, or you are eliminated.
3) In normal RP games, the way to win is by achieving your OBJECTIVES.When you achieve an objective before the other players do, you will be placed into first place, HOWEVER, you are NOT done playing. You may help allies obtain their objectives and such to receive 2nd, 3rd, 4th place and so on. IF YOU DIE, YOU RECEIVE THE PLACE DNF (Did not finish) and you will be placed in a numerical position after all the living players have died or have achieved their objectives. (The first person to die will receive last and so on.)
Rules and Regulations
1) It is required of all of the participants to be as active as possible, there will be no ejection for being inactive, HOWEVER THIS LEAVES YOUR CHARACTER AT RISK FOR BEING ELIMINATED BY ANOTHER PLAYER.
2) All actions may only be submitted 5 AT A TIME per CONFIRM (see above in Submitting Actions)
3) All actions must be LOGICAL! (For example, the action (Kill everyone) will not be valid.)
4) You may not post an action on behalf of the host. The host is the ONE and ONLY ONE who may post in the AT (see above about AT) or confirm an action.
5) NO PROFANITY OR PERSONAL ATTACKS ON THE USER WILL BE PERMITTED (But personal attacks on characters is encouraged >:D)
6) YOU MAY NOT CONTACT ANOTHER PLAYER DURING THE DURATION OF THE RP GAMES, UNLESS STARTED BY THE HOST! IF YOU ARE CONTACTED, SCREENSHOT AND SEND TO THE HOST, YOU WILL BE REWARDED.

EXAMPLES OF SOME RP
Example of an Action and Confirmation
Host: The games have begun!
User: (run towards the cornucopia) <---- IF THERE IS A MONUMENT, YOU MAY SPECIFY THE MONUMENT AS A POINT OF APPROACH.
User: (stay low to avoid other players seeing me) <---- IF YOU ARE DOING A PHYSICAL MANEUVER, YOU MUST SPECIFY WHY AND WHAT YOUR DOING.
User: (grab first item within my reach) <--- THE USER MAY ASK THE HOST TO SCAN THE AREA TO SEE SPECIFICALLY WHAT IS NEAR THE CHARACTER USING THE ACTION (scan area)
User: (run SE) <----- IF YOU ARE TRAVELING SOMEWHERE, I MUST KNOW IN WHAT DIRECTION!
Host: Actions confirmed, you have run to the cornucopia, picked up a sling and are now running in a South-easterly direction, unnoticed. <---Confirmation.
------------------------
Character to Character Interaction
User1: (scan area) <----This gives you a list or paragraph of your surrounding area.
Host: Aside from the normal assortment of Oak Trees and vines, there is a scrawny male laying on the floor staring at the sky, to your left is a cup of milk.
User1: (approach male and begin interaction)
Host: Please standby for interaction.
<<<<NEW PRIVATE MESSAGE>>>>
Host: User1 has approached User2. Converse.
User1: What are you doing?
User2: Planking.
User1: Oh okay that's cool...
<<<<Back in the Action PM with User1>>>>
User1: I cant believe he's planking....
User1: (pull out dagger)
User1: (stab User2)
Host: Confirmed, User2 has been stabbed.
<<<<In the Action Thread or AT>>>>
Host: USER2 HAS BEEN MORTALLY WOUNDED!
<<<>>>
Host: You have been stabbed by User1. You are rendered immobile for the next 24 hours. Time of death: XX:XX:XX EST Tomorrow. Good luck.
-------------------------

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE POST BELOW!

SIGN UPS FOR MY GAME WILL COME IN THE NEXT 2 HOURS, ALONG WITH A MAP AND OTHER NECESSARY MATERIAL THAT IS NEEDED BEFORE SIGN UP!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:44:34 PM
This was done a couple years ago, but was kind of a fail.
It really came down to two different users attacking each other, and the mod deciding who won. The players had no control of their fate.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:44:42 PM
Sounds cool.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:46:03 PM
At 2/22/2012 5:44:34 PM, TUF wrote:
This was done a couple years ago, but was kind of a fail.
It really came down to two different users attacking each other, and the mod deciding who won. The players had no control of their fate.

I was here a couple of years ago and was one of those final two TUF, I know how to run an RP. :)
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:46:41 PM
Sorry still confusing... How do you sign up? This is confusing... *__*
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:52:55 PM
Can I be Masterchief as a kid?

Cause then I would get an auto win!

Evidence: http://images.wikia.com...

http://static.gamesradar.com...

ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:54:02 PM
At 2/22/2012 5:52:55 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Can I be Masterchief as a kid?

Cause then I would get an auto win!

Evidence: http://images.wikia.com...

http://static.gamesradar.com...

No, there will be a base character which you can customize but his strength and agility all come from where you assign the attribute points in the beginning :)
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:56:39 PM
Ok so... Wheres the sign ups?
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:57:10 PM
At 2/22/2012 5:56:39 PM, kyro90 wrote:
Ok so... Wheres the sign ups?

If you read...youll see that I want people to ask questions first before I post sign ups :)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:58:37 PM
So, what do we do for actions? Will there be a Night Phase and Day Phase?

ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:59:14 PM
At 2/22/2012 5:58:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:

OMG READ! THAT IS THE FIRST THING I PUT IN ABOUT RP GAMES!
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 5:59:28 PM
At 2/22/2012 5:58:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:

- My RP game will not be divided into Night and Day phases like a normal mafia game. An RP Game is based off of "in-game" time. Meaning the RP itself will have its own time, and you can perform an action at any time if you're character permits it, or if it does not conflict with a previous action or current condition of your character. (For example, your character will not be able to swim if he/she is missing a leg.)
- RP games are complex in that many different things are happening at one time, so it is very important to watch the thread (called the Action Thread or AT, in-forum) containing news, important updates, deaths or other important information to see if you're character needs to react in a certain way or manner.
- Each character is made by it's player. From the beginning all the way until the very end. In the beginning you will be able to assign a pre-determined amount of attribute points to your character in certain skills. (i.e Stamina, Strength, Endurance, Cooking, etc.) From there, there will be many opportunities that can and will either decrease or increase your character's attributes.
- Depending on who is hosting the RP, you may be given a set of armor an weapons at the beginning of the game, or you might have to craft something out of the materials around you or purchase your own at a store in the RP area.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 6:03:40 PM
Hm... Still confusing but I think I sorta get it...
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 6:05:24 PM
I get it.

Doesn't really differ from other Role Plays, or else I WOULD get confused. XP
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 6:07:00 PM
At 2/22/2012 6:05:24 PM, MasterKage wrote:
I get it.

It is like a lot of RPs but its seems just a tad changed to me.... :P
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 6:23:34 PM
At 2/22/2012 6:07:00 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 2/22/2012 6:05:24 PM, MasterKage wrote:
I get it.

It is like a lot of RPs but its seems just a tad changed to me.... :P

A bit :/
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 5:12:47 PM
Last time I checked, this included a system in which we submit a player bio sheet?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 5:15:50 PM
At 2/23/2012 5:12:47 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Last time I checked, this included a system in which we submit a player bio sheet?
Just sent it to you
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 6:19:50 PM
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Please, please let someone be leonidas...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...