bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:15:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DP4

ALASKA 4:02 AM, Friday.
Three dark figures sat around the table, all hooded.
"It seems they are on to us" Said one of hooded figures.
A scrawnier hooded figure looked up and replied "No, we will make sure the one who tries to out us is arrested. I have Evidence That these cops are sure to believe."
The taller Figure with broaded shoulders spoke up next.
"Do not worry, we are safe. Are new friend here speaks truthfully. We have evidence, that they are sure to believe. Also we still have our mole asset."
The first Figure stood up saying "We've wasted too much time. Let's move on to our next target, before the sun rises."

ALASKA 8:09 AM, Friday.
The Villagers screams rang out through the town. A crowd of people surrounded what appeared to be a dead bod. The sherriff, barged his way through the crowd and peered down at the victim. It was a bloody mess.
Written on the ground in blood next to the body, were the words 'Liar, Liar, pants on fire'.
" I AM SICK OF PLAYING YOUR GAME SCUM! Come out now, and face me like a man!" The Sheriff shouted.
The villagers seemed confused and afraid, and backed away from the sheriff. He had made a complete fool out of himself. His team had succesfully captured two of the killers. He needed to go back and interrogate them. The sheriff left the scene in a huff, as he called in his deputies to clean up the mess.

ALASKA 12:08 PM, Friday.
After hours of interrogation, the guilty man remained speechless. The sheriff had no choice. He needed answers, and he needed them now, before anyone else died.
The criminal, tied to his chair, was pushed over, his head resting over a bucket. With all the murder this town had seen, the Sheriff had no problem doing what he was about to do. He threw a rag over the killers face. Next he starting pouring a bucket of water over his face. The man squabbles and gagged in his chair, as he was being drowned. Finally after what seemed like years, he stopped pouring.
"I am going to ask you this again. What do you know about the killers? What is their pattern for attacks?"
The man glared at the officers, and set nothing. Suddenly, he spit, right into the sheriffs face.
The sheriff wiped away the spittle from his face nonchalantly. "Were going to have some fun you and me."
The following screams that emanated from the man were horrendous.
1 HOUR LATER
"Okay, Okay, I'll tell you what 1 thing." The man said, after being water boarded severely. "He, who you seek, is one among you that you believe to be the most trusted. There. That is all I will say. You can kill me if you want to, but you won't get a word more out of me!"
The sheriff grumbled. "Take him back to his cell. I have got some investigationing to do."
The officers complied, as they drug the bewildered man back to his holding cell.

1. Drafterman
2. royalpaladin
3. BlackVoid
4. USM2 (replacing tv/mestari)
5. Viper-King
6. LK
7. Medic
8. Lickdafoot
9. Jordan56
10. Thaddeus
11. Logic_on_rails2; replaced Blackhawk (replacement for caplock)

DEAD

USM - Cop. Each NP, investigate one person's affiliation. You win with the town.

TUF – Janitor. Target one NK and that person's role will not be announced. You win with the mafia.

Kyro – Role cop. Each NP, investigate one person to learn his/her role. You win with the town.

Logic_on_rails – Watcher. Town.

Oberherr – Jester.

F-16 – Lyncher.

Ren – Tracker. Town.

It takes 6 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:19:48 PM
As a matter of coincidence, I was a lie detector last night and I thought it would be appropriate to examine our own self-proclaimed lie detector, Royal.

Guess what happened?

She's not really an LD...

VTL Royal
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:20:16 PM
BTW, if Ober was Jester, why isn't the game over?

Graveyard
USM - Cop - TOWN
Kyro - Role Cop - TOWN
TUF - Janitor - MAFIA
Logic1 - Watcher - TOWN (watched VK visit USM)
Ober - Jester
F-16 - Lyncher
Ren - Tracker

Claimed
1) LordKnukle - Miller1
2) BlackVoid - Miller2
3) royalpaladin - LieDetector (LK - false, Jordan - true)
4) Lickdafoot - Cop (USM - Guilty, Jordan - Guilty)
5) Viper-King - Vanilla1
6) tvellalott - Vanilla2
7) Jordan56 - Vanilla3
8) Drafterman - Random (killed TUF)
9) Medic - cop
10) Thaddeus - Doc
11) Logic2 (Blackhawk) - accountant (sensor)

UVC
royal - 1/6 - drafterman
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:20:26 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:19:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
As a matter of coincidence, I was a lie detector last night and I thought it would be appropriate to examine our own self-proclaimed lie detector, Royal.

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

Really??? Ok then.

VTL Royal
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:22:00 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:15:56 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Oberherr – Jester.

F-16 – Lyncher.

dang ober won...

f-16 was lyncher? wonder how many lynches he had to be in on O.o

I figured since I was getting all guilties, I had to test my flavor before moving forward. I got an innocent on BV so i am thinking that I am an opposite cop.

Did logic sensor the last lynch? what were the results?

There is probably a sk since there were two kills last night and no ones claiming vig.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:23:26 PM

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

dang. are you sure your results are accurate? We've had a bunch of messes this game.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:23:46 PM

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

You are getting a false result! I checked out F_16 last night and found out that he is not a doctor.

VTL F_16
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:24:06 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:23:26 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

dang. are you sure your results are accurate? We've had a bunch of messes this game.

Nothing in the DP indicates that.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:24:40 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:23:46 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

You are getting a false result! I checked out F_16 last night and found out that he is not a doctor.

VTL F_16

Lol! Check the OP.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:24:51 PM

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

VTL F_16

f-16 is dead...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:24:52 PM

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

Frankly, we don't know what we've had since we've only had one lynch, Ober. We haven't really tested any of the other reports, have we?

I reason that it'd be silly for BS to give me a role for one night that produced inaccurate results.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:25:21 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:24:40 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

VTL F_16

Lol! Check the OP.

Oh . . .

Unvote
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:25:40 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:24:52 PM, drafterman wrote:

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

Frankly, we don't know what we've had since we've only had one lynch, Ober. We haven't really tested any of the other reports, have we?

I reason that it'd be silly for BS to give me a role for one night that produced inaccurate results.

that makes sense.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:26:04 PM

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

I think that you are lying about your role. You were a vig, but your results were THE ONLY ONES that were not reversed. EVEN THADDY'S RESULTS WERE REVERSED.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:26:54 PM
WHEN IF FLIP TOWN LD, KILL DRAFTERMAN IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE HE IS A LIAR AND BECAUSE HIS ROLES ARE DEFECTIVE SO HE HAS NEGATIVE UTILITY.

nac
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:27:35 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:26:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

I think that you are lying about your role. You were a vig, but your results were THE ONLY ONES that were not reversed. EVEN THADDY'S RESULTS WERE REVERSED.

What are you talking about? It is agreed that the reversal was only for one NP. You have no proof that the reversal also happened in this NP. Nothing in the OP mentions that.

Also, it makes sense if a random role would most likely give accurate results as it is one shot.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:27:43 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:26:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Guess what happened?

VTL Royal

We don't know that. Maybe Thadd was roleblocked.

We can speculate endlessly, however, at the end of the day, TUF is dead and I'm the only possible reason for it.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:28:04 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:26:54 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
WHEN IF FLIP TOWN LD, KILL DRAFTERMAN IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE HE IS A LIAR AND BECAUSE HIS ROLES ARE DEFECTIVE SO HE HAS NEGATIVE UTILITY.

nac

Only one way to test that.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:29:06 PM
Well, this is great. You let an obvious scum, KNUKLE, off the hook, but you are going to kill me for no reason? This is ludicrous. Kill Knukle and drafterman when I flip town BECAUSE DRAFTERMAN IS EITHER LYING OR HIS ROLE HAS NEGATIVE UTILITY SO HE SHOULD NOT BE ALIVE ANYWAYS.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:30:28 PM
WTH, you guys REFUSED to test my results on Knukle with a lynch, but this is permissible?

Drafterman, let me do a Role PM test with you. Ask me about letters from the Role PM. That confirmed Knukle, so it should be good enough for me.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:31:33 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:30:28 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
WTH, you guys REFUSED to test my results on Knukle with a lynch, but this is permissible?

Drafterman, let me do a Role PM test with you. Ask me about letters from the Role PM. That confirmed Knukle, so it should be good enough for me.

This.

Do the test.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:32:21 PM

I can guarantee that it won't work. I don't have a full-fledged role PM. I get brief descriptions. Also, so far all of my roles have been flavored in some way. For example, I was an overeager vig NP1.

Last night the flavor was that I had to check two people and I would get two results, but wouldn't be told who was who. So I simply included myself as one of the targets.

BS wasn't happy about that little loophole, but reluctantly allowed it, since he did not explicitly say I couldn't choose myself.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:32:44 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:32:07 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since the OP DID NOT mention a role reversal, kill drafterman if he refuses to adminster the test and I flip town.

No. If the test is not performed, then we will lynch you. With no indication of a role reversal, you are our best bet.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:33:05 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:32:21 PM, drafterman wrote:

I can guarantee that it won't work. I don't have a full-fledged role PM. I get brief descriptions. Also, so far all of my roles have been flavored in some way. For example, I was an overeager vig NP1.

Last night the flavor was that I had to check two people and I would get two results, but wouldn't be told who was who. So I simply included myself as one of the targets.

BS wasn't happy about that little loophole, but reluctantly allowed it, since he did not explicitly say I couldn't choose myself.

What did you test on yourself? What were the results? Now we have caught you. Once I flip town, you are definitely mafia.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:33:43 PM
I am confirmed by the OP

The Villagers screams rang out through the town. A crowd of people surrounded what appeared to be a dead bod. The sherriff, barged his way through the crowd and peered down at the victim. It was a bloody mess.
Written on the ground in blood next to the body, were the words 'Liar, Liar, pants on fire'.

F_16 died last night, and drafterman did not check whether or not he was lying.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:34:39 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:33:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I am confirmed by the OP

F_16 died last night, and drafterman did not check whether or not he was lying.

Not at all. We have a plethora of investigative roles that could have been targeted by this.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:34:57 PM
Drafterman, there is no harm in doing the test. At best, you will confirm me as town, and at worst, we will be in the same position that we are in now.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 8:35:09 PM
At 2/26/2012 8:33:05 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/26/2012 8:32:21 PM, drafterman wrote:

What did you test on yourself? What were the results? Now we have caught you. Once I flip town, you are definitely mafia.

I tested my role claim and your role claim and I got "True" and "False."

Since I know I'm telling the truth, the false belongs to you.