Jump to topic:

Brawl Mafia Endgame Thread

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:28:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
TOWN WINS (LOLOLOL, I TROLLED ALL OF YOU! The looks on your faces (I am going to pretend that I could see them) were priceless)
First Place: Town
Second Place: Mafia
Third Place: kyro

Analysis:
Despite mafia claims that this game would have been tough for them to win even if they had not made a myriad of mistakes, this game was definitely anti-town. Ober was basically a 2/3 vanilla, Drafter was a hidden miller, BH was not bulletproof at all, so whenever he picked that role, he was vanilla, Viper was vanilla the whole game because nobody ever visited him, and PR was a Commuter, so he was vanilla as well. Overall, I count 5 vanillas in total.

On top of this, there were two JOATs. I fully expected one of them to be lynched through a counterclaim.

In addition, there was a Cult, and mafia had a recruiting ability.

The mafia loss basically came down to two factors: behavior and luck. Master Kage got very lucky when he investigated both BlackVoid and LDF, because as soon as LDF was lynched, BV should have been lynched as well. The mafia, with the exception of BlackVoid, also played poorly. F_16 and Zaradi defended LDF to the death, which made it very obvious that they were mafia. LDF forgot about the fact that Drafterman never told her what message he received. The only way that she could have known that information was if she was mafia, so drafterman was able to lead a lynch on her. LK played a little better, but his voting habits were very similar to those of Zaradi and F_16, and he forgot to read the roleblock message.
The town also played a little poorly. FROM NOW ON, READ THE OPs. You should have immediately figured out that LK could have been scum based on Zaradi's role (ROLE MIMIC-A TYPE OF ROLE COP). In addition, you guys were wildly speculating about a cult even though I had specifically told you that BV had been converted to the mafia. The OPs are gold mines; do not squander them. If I see this behavior in the future, I will start posting people's roles in the OPs of my next game. You cannot accuse me of cheating because nobody reads the OPs anyways :p

MVP Award: Tie Between Drafterman and TUF.
This should be obvious. Drafterman picked out three scum, and TUF killed one of them and picked out the last one. Both played very well this game.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:29:54 PM
Brawl Mafia Roles

1. You are Kirby, the Townie Nexus. One of your strongest attributes in the Kirby games is your ability to absorb the powers of your enemies. Your role, therefore, is the ability to absorb the powers of any individual who visits you. Each night, anybody who visits you will be roleblocked and you will be able to absorb his or her powers. However, because Kirby can only have one power at once, you will lose any powers that you previously gained after a new person visits you. Your powers stop all actions except for Mafia Night Kills. Be forewarned: King Dedede wishes to kill you. You win with the town.

2. You are Lucario. In the game, you rely on your Aura attacks to demolish your opponents. The more damage you take, the stronger your powers become, so you will also gain a new power if you use your abilities. You are thus a one-shot bulletproof. When you lose your bulletproof ability, you become the town vigilante and may kill up to one person each night. At any time in the game, you may choose to sacrifice your bulletproof power to become the vigilante. Your Down Special move is Double Team. Just as Lucario can turn back attacks on his opponents, you too have a one shot ability that transforms you into a one-night PGO. During that night, anybody who visits you will be instantly killed. You win with the town.

3. You are Zelda, and you have access to the Triforce of Wisdom. As such, you have the ability to discern whether or not an individual is lying about his or her identity. Each night, you may select a player who has character claimed and determine whether or not (s)he lied to the town about his or her character. You are therefore the Unmasker.
Your Final Smash, Light Arrow, is a one-shot ability that can detect the truth of two statements made by up to two players. You use this action in lieu of your regular night action. You win with the town.

4. You are Toon Link. As a swift, bouncy character with access to the Master Sword, bombs, and arrows, you have a wide variety of tricks to use against your foes. You are thus the Jack of All Trades. Each night, you may use one of the following abilities.
1. Slash a player with the Master Sword. (S)he will instantly die.
2. Use your arrows on a player and cause her to flinch. She will be roleblocked.
3. Use your shield to protect a player. If she is killed, you will be slaughtered in her place.
Each of these abilities is one-shot.
Your Final Smash, Triforce Slash, can incapacitate all of the mafiosos. When you use this ability, all mafia night actions will be redirected at random townies. This is a one-shot ability that may be used in lieu of your regular night actions.

5. You are Samus. In the game, you have two forms, and your play style differs greatly depending on which form you choose. Each night, you may choose between one of the following forms: Zero Suit Samus and Samus; for that night and for the next Day Phase, your character will be the form that you chose. As Zero-Suit Samus, you are ridiculously quick and have the ability to stun your opponents. You are therefore the townie Roleblocker. When you are Samus, your thick suit guards you from the most devastating attacks. You thus have a 50% chance of surviving any night kills that harm you while you are Samus. You win with the town.

MOD NOTE: Samus' bulletproof was actually nonexistent.

6. You are Olimar, the alien with the Pikmen followers. Your Pikmen followers have a wide variety of abilities, and they thus grant you the opportunity to use a variety of attacks against your opponent. You are therefore the Jack of All Trades. Each night, you may select one of the following abilities.:
1. Red Pikman: Kill any player
2. Blue Pikman: Grab a player and heal him.
3. White Pikman: Track a player.
Since you can revive your Pikmen after they die, you will be able to use these abilities as many times as you wish. However, after you have used an ability, you may not use it again until you have used the other two abilities. You win with the town.

Mod Note: The Blue Pikman and Red Pikman were dysfunctional in this game. They essentially did nothing.

7. You are Wolf. Since you do not appear in Subspace Emissary, you have a vested interest in a town win because you never met Tabuu. In the game, your Final Smash enables you to essentially block any aggressive actions by your opponents while simultaneously protecting your teammate. You are thus the Jailer. Each night, you may select any player and protect him from all night actions. However, just as your teammates normally stay out of the way when you are using your final smash, the person you select will be roleblocked in the process. Your Final Smash in this game will allow you to stop all night kills. This is a one-shot ability that you can use in lieu of your regular night actions. You win with the town.

MOD NOTE: WOLF IS THE MILLER

8. You are Peach. You are pretty weak and useless in the game, unfortunately. Most of the other characters are either faster or stronger than you are, so you are rarely used. You are thus a vanilla. You win with the town.

9. You are Mario, the main character of SSBB. As the main character, you are able to easily discern the allegiance of all players. You are thus the cop. Each night, you may select one player and determine whether or not he is sided with the town. (Sample report: After investigations, you suspect that Mario is sided with the town!) You win with the town.

MOD NOTE: Mario was the insane cop.

10. You are Pit, the angel. Your wings allow you to soar high above all of the other players and carefully watch their actions. You are thus the DETECTIVE. Each night, you may select a player and discover who (s)he visited and who visited him or her. You win with the town.

11. You are Sonic. Although you are amazingly fast, you have little practical utility because you attacks are very weak. You are thus the Commuter. Each night, you will leave the town and will dodge all night actions, including kills. You win with the town.

12. You are Pokemon Trainer. Although you are a protagonist in Subspace Emissary, you really do not serve much of a positive purpose; your only important action in the game was catching a wild Charizard. You are thus the Pokemon Trainer (based on the Mad Hatter role). You have three Pokeballs. Each night you may use one of the following abilities:
1. Throw a Pokeball at a player and catch him/her.
2. Select a player who has been caught in a Pokeball and roleblock him/her.
3. Steal a player's vote and place it on any other player. The players that you select must be in Pokeballs.
If a player who was in a Pokeball dies, you receive a new Pokeball.
You win if you survive until the end of the game and at least 50% of the remaining players are in Pokeballs. You are a third party player.

13. You are the King Dedede. During Tabuu's reign of terror, you attempted to convert protagonists to your own third-party side. You are thus the Cult Leader. Each night, you may select a player and recruit him/her to the cult. He or she will retain all of his/her abilities and will be placed in a PM with you. When you die, the Cult will be unable to recruit any more players. There are a certain set of players that you will be unable to recruit.
While the Cult wins if they have a majority at any point in the game, you only win if the Cult wins AND Kirby is dead. If you attempt to recruit Kirby, he or she will die. Be forewarned: Kirby knows that you hunt him/her.

You win with the Cult.

14. You are Tabuu, the Leader of the Mafia. As the Leader, you pull all of the String behind the scenes. You are thus the Godfather and are innocent to every type of Cop and LD investigations. In addition, you have the ability to roleblock any player every night phase. Your Final Smash permits you to recruit one player to the mafia. That player will become a mafia goon. This is a one-sh
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:30:23 PM
15. You are Ganondorf, the enemy of Link and Zelda. In the game, you are ridiculously slow, but your attacks are surprisingly strong. Since your utility is low, you are a mafia goon. However, your Final Smash permits you to shatter all protections once at any point in the game. You win with the mafia.

16. You are Wario, Mario's evil twin. In the game, you eagerly collect "trophies" of each player for Ganondorf. Your skills are varied, so you are the Mafia JOAT. You have the following one shot abilities:
1. Silence a player
2. Frame a player
3. Lawyer a player
4. Janitor a player

17. You are a generic shadow copy. Tabuu uses you to mimic the other characters. Thus, you are a Role Mimic. Each night, select one player, learn his role, and use it on any other player. You win with the mafia.

MOD NOTE: Mafia may not gain extra kill powers through this.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:30:40 PM
WHYYYYYY did I forget to read the mafia PMMM?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:31:29 PM
I forgot about TUF being the real vanilla in my analysis. So, the town was not in any way overpowered. In fact, it was underpowered, if anything.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:34:02 PM
So, no complaints about an overpowered town, F_16! Unless giving a town a bunch of vanillas makes it overpowered, that cannot be an excuse.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:35:02 PM
I'm not sure why F-16 and Zaradi made it so obvious. They could have easily kept hidden.

BTW, I don't see how LDF got my message. I assumed it was part of her role PM, but it actually wasn't.

Regardless, she slipped there and she should have been bussed. F-16 acted totally out of character and kept ignoring/redirecting my question.

Zaradi basically parroted F-16.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:35:29 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:34:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
So, no complaints about an overpowered town, F_16! Unless giving a town a bunch of vanillas makes it overpowered, that cannot be an excuse.

Exactly. This game was way overpowered mafia. Between luck, good reasoning, and not as much bandwagoning, I feel we did a better job than usual.

Good game guys.

My goal has been fulfilled, on seeing a town win. And I am happy that I was part of it.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:35:44 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:35:02 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm not sure why F-16 and Zaradi made it so obvious. They could have easily kept hidden.

BTW, I don't see how LDF got my message. I assumed it was part of her role PM, but it actually wasn't.

She asked me for it, and I gave it to her. She wanted to fake being roleblocked.
Regardless, she slipped there and she should have been bussed. F-16 acted totally out of character and kept ignoring/redirecting my question.

kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:36:06 PM
Wow, I was a total fail.... I hereby curse the person that has killed me!
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:36:26 PM

This. Voting patterns being similiar is what made me catch on to zaradi, and LK.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:36:32 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:35:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

She asked me for it, and I gave it to her. She wanted to fake being roleblocked.

Wow....

Who did they actually block N1? Me?

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:37:23 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:36:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:35:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Wow....

Who did they actually block N1? Me?

Nobody. She used her recruitment power that night to recruit BlackVoid.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:37:24 PM
I'm just happy that I survived a DP in which I failed an LD test and was counter-claimed. I just died due to bad luck :)

gg town.

Post more later.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:39:14 PM
Eh, I'm a noob. What can I say? Haven't yet developed the heartless nature to bus my teammates yet. Anyway, GG to the town.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:41:52 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:38:16 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
If anybody has any complaints or criticisms, please let me know. I am open to anything that can help me improve as a mod.

A point of note, rather than criticism or complaint, is that OP information helps town. I found this out in my Batman game.

For example, the OP of DP4 allowed blackvoid to deduce that F-16 was mafia since he stunned people and the OP mentioned that a mafia member was stunned. In terms of this specific game, I don't think it altered the outcome, but it basically made blackhawk a cop that night too. I don't call it a complaint because, like 99.9% of such issues, it is neither objectively right or wrong, but an issue of balance.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:42:22 PM

I think you missed the part where Xerge counterclaimed me. It was a lost cause. I was dead anyway. It is not like I could bus her and stay on till the end to win the game.

The only thing I regret is encouraging Zaradi to help LDF. If it wasn't for that, Zaradi may never have been caught.

@Royal, town had THREE vigs!

1) TUF had a 1X vig power.

2) Ober could kill every third night.

3) Medic was a bulletproof/1X PGO who could turn into a full time vig at any time. There was no way we could have stopped town from routing us at night.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:42:56 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:38:16 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
If anybody has any complaints or criticisms, please let me know. I am open to anything that can help me improve as a mod.

I am not one to give harsh criticism. I made a couple of mistakes when I helped co mod the death in mystere games. I noticed a few mistakes that were similiar to ones I made. One is to double check all of the things you post to the players. I noticed the mistake with ober and xerge, on telling them certain info. I also noticed the mistakes on living players, and late role drops after the OP's. What I have learned is to double check anything before posting it just in case. I was so embarrased when I made that mess up in the death in mystere game, on NP1. Lucky Logic was polite about it and treated me well.

I think you did a great job on everything else though. Roles were fun, and there were goo players on both side. This was a very evenly matched game. Even though some think it was mafia sided, I think the final smashes made up for that. I just wish I used mine earlier, but then I wouldn't have caught LK lol
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:43:17 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:39:14 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Eh, I'm a noob. What can I say? Haven't yet developed the heartless nature to bus my teammates yet. Anyway, GG to the town.

The problem is not developing a heartless nature. It's realizing that it doesn't require a heartless nature to do it. Mafia is a team game. If you and F-16 had played more conservatively, it could have been a mafia win. LDF was dead either way, there was nothing you could have done to prevent that.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:43:51 PM
Night Actions

Night Phase 1
Third Party
BV: recruit LDF (fails because she is mafia)
Kyro captures MK

Mafia
Zaradi looks at medic
Zaradi takes PGO
Kill Viper
Janitor Viper
F16 final smash
Recruit BlackVoid

Town
Drafter uses Final Smash
BH: 50% bulletproof
TUF: none
OH: nothing
PR: none
Kage Investigates BlackVoid
Xerge detectives TUF
rogue-no actions
Viper-no action
medic-none
Thaddeus tests BV's Falco claim

Night Phase 2
kyro-Catch Drafter

Zaradi mimics Ober
Drafter is roleblocked
BV is lawyered
F_16 kills Thaddeus

Drafterman jails TUF
Xerge detectives Thaddeus
Kage investigates LDF
Viper: none
medic-none
Ober-doc self
Thaddeus checks LDF's Ness claim
rogue-forfeit

Night Phase 3
kyro steals MK's Vote and puts it on F_16

Zaradi steals Drafterman
Zaradi puts it on Ober
Silence Drafterman
Shatter all protections
F_16 kills medic

Drafter jails Medic
TUF2 kills Zaradi
BlackHawk uses Zero Suit to Stun F_16
PR-None
Viper: None
Medic uses Final Smash
Xerge detectives MasterKage
Kage investigates ObeHerr
OH vigkills Zaradi (defective)

Night Phase 4
Kyro catches LK

LK kills Xerge

Kage investigates Xerge
BlackHawk chooses Bulletproof
Viper-none
PR-none
Xerge watches LordKnukle
TUF roleblocks LK
Medic kills kyro
Ober tracks LK
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:44:20 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:42:22 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I think you missed the part where Xerge counterclaimed me. It was a lost cause. I was dead anyway. It is not like I could bus her and stay on till the end to win the game.

Personally I was still on the fence about the whole thing, but I guess it would have been found out eventually. You made a good play of that by outing the role first.

The only thing I regret is encouraging Zaradi to help LDF. If it wasn't for that, Zaradi may never have been caught.

3) Medic was a bulletproof/1X PGO who could turn into a full time vig at any time. There was no way we could have stopped town from routing us at night.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:45:08 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:42:22 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Read the roles. Ober's vig power did not work, and his doctor powers did not work. He was a vanilla 2/3 of the time.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:47:25 PM
At 2/27/2012 8:43:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Night Actions

Night Phase 1
Third Party
BV: recruit LDF (fails because she is mafia)
Kyro captures MK

Mafia
Zaradi looks at medic
Zaradi takes PGO
Kill Viper
Janitor Viper
F16 final smash
Recruit BlackVoid

Town
Drafter uses Final Smash
TUF: none
OH: nothing
Kage Investigates BlackVoid
Xerge detectives TUF
rogue-no actions
Viper-no action
medic-none
Thaddeus tests BV's Falco claim

Uhm, TUF lied about being BP, did Xerge say anything about this?

Night Phase 2
kyro-Catch Drafter

Zaradi mimics Ober
Drafter is roleblocked
BV is lawyered
F_16 kills Thaddeus

Drafterman jails TUF
Xerge detectives Thaddeus
Kage investigates LDF
Viper: none