bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 12:26:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DP5

drafterman2 is replacing jordan

Okay guys, this concept game didn't work out exactly as I'd hoped. Town is in a dire situation and it is time to reveal. There is no mafia – only 3rd parties and death millers. Keep that in mind moving forward.

Alaska 7:16 AM

The police force was huddled around a circle, far back from the ghastly scene. Two villagers were lying in a bloodbath, hands clenching one another's throats. The team talked in hush voices, remarking over whether or not the two had done this to themselves.
"Had only I not been so easily swayed by my reports, I could have stopped this mess" said one humble detective.
"Had only I not believed the opposite of what my reports said, I could have stopped this mess" huffed the next detective.
"I have one more trick up my sleeve which can't have been tampered with." replied the third.
A chill draft crept over them then, and they slowly rose their heads past the dead bodies and into the path beyond, mouths gaped open.
There the hooded figure stood, triumphantly mocking them.
They began sprinting towards him. Could they catch him, before it was too late?

1. USM (replacing tv/mestari)
2. F-16 #2 (replacing VK)
3. LK
4. Medic
5. Lickdafoot
6. drafterman2 (replacing Jordan)
7. Thaddeus
8. Logic_on_rails2; replaced Blackhawk (replacement for caplock)

DEAD

USM - Cop. Town.

TUF – Janitor. Mafia

Kyro – Role cop. Town.

Logic_on_rails – Watcher. Town.

Oberherr – Jester.

F-16 – Lyncher. Third party.

Ren – Tracker. Town.

Drafterman – Random Role. Town.

Royalpaladin – Lie Detect Lyncher. Third party.

Blackvoid – Survivor. Third party.

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 12:27:29 PM
At 2/28/2012 12:26:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Drafterman – Random Role. Town.

Royalpaladin – Lie Detect Lyncher. Third party.

Line starts to the left.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 12:32:44 PM
Graveyard
USM - Cop - TOWN
TUF - Janitor - MAFIA
Kyro - Role Cop - TOWN
Logic1 - Watcher - TOWN
Ober - Jester - 3RD
F-16(1) - Lyncher - 3RD
Ren - Tracker - TOWN
Drafterman1 - Random - TOWN
Royal - LD, Lyncher - 3RD
BV - Survivor - 3RD

Claimed
1) LordKnukle - Miller
2) Lickdafoot - Cop
3) F-16(2) - Vanilla1
4) USM (tv/mestari) - Vanilla2
5) Jordan56 - Vanilla3
7) Medic - cop
8) Thaddeus - Doc
9) Logic2 (Blackhawk) - accountant (sensor)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 12:34:47 PM
If there is no mafia then any assumptions about town - non-town ratio are out the window since there is no unified non-town party with which to control the vote. It could be just a single townie left and all thirds. Harumph.

I bet LK was royal's target.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 12:38:32 PM
I'd like to here from Logic before we do anything today.

Both royal and myself were on my lynch last phase, so a sensoring of it should provide some useful information.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 12:46:39 PM
This took the fire out of me when I found out there was no mafia. Finding mafia is really the essence of being town. But sure, I think we should hear from Logic so we have something to go off of.

No wonder this game has been so wierd.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 12:55:53 PM
Notes:

While "villager" is often synonymous with "town" in mafia games, OP for DP1 says there are "18 villagers remaining alive in the town" and this game started with 18 players.

Characters Identified by the OPs:
Sheriff (DP1, DP2, DP3, DP4)
Hooded Man (DP1, DP5)
Frigtened Cop (DP1, DP2)
Private Eye (DP2)
Wrinkled Man (DP3)
Visitor with Blue Cape (DP3)
First Figure (DP4)
Scrawny Hooded Figure (DP4)
Broad Shoulderered FIgure (DP4)
Guilty Criminal (DP4)
Humble Detective (DP5)
Second Detective (DP5)
Third Detective (DP5)

DP2 Notes - A closer reading of the OP suggests that there was only a single report reversed. The hooded man speaks to the cop and says to give an opposite report, then the next scene is the sheriff receiving reports from his deputies. The cop only had a single report; his own.

DP3 Notes - DP3 notes that all the investigators had outed themselves and that all the reports had been lost. Medic had not claimed at that point but has claimed cop since then. Also, LDF claims to have gotten a result despite the fact the OP says that results were all given.

So, right now my suspicions are:
Medic - claimed cop AFTER an OP that said all of the investigators had already claimed.
LDF - claimed to have resports AFTER an OP that said all reports were stolen
Thaddeus - The only night without a kill is the night he said his ability wasn't reversed, and the OP suggests that it was voluntary.

VTL Thaddeus I believe he's the biggest threat since he actually admits to killing people.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:01:33 PM
At 2/28/2012 12:55:53 PM, drafterman wrote:

Thaddeus - The only night without a kill is the night he said his ability wasn't reversed, and the OP suggests that it was voluntary.

Addendum - There was a kill that night but OP clearly indicates that a party forfeited its kill and Thadd says his power wasn't reversed the same night.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:03:12 PM
Killed NP1:
USM - by Thaddeus
TUF - by Drafter(1)
Kyro - unknown

Killed NP2:
Logic1 - unknown

Killed NP3:
F-16 - by Thaddeus
Ren - unknown

Killed NP4:
Royal - Drafterman
Blackvoid - unknown
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:03:39 PM
I totally agree with Drafterman's list of suspicions. LDF and Medic. I wasn't too sure about Thad but his is the only killing role. I'll wait for everyone to post their results and for LDF to post her "results."

Okay, I will concede that LDF gets awesome reads on people as town and that she is way better than me and I'll do anything she wants.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:05:53 PM
I will emphasis that, given the nature of this game, rule #3a is in full effect. Royal was LD but also Lyncher and 3rd party. I wouldn't put it past other commonly town roles also being assigned to 3rd parties.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:06:27 PM
I protect LDF last NP. This pretty much solidifies my belief that my power protects on even NPs, but kills on odd DPs.
I don't understand your reasoning as to why I am scum. Yes, I admit to killing people, but as a flavoured doctor - half vig half doc. I assure you I am town.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:07:34 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:06:27 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I protect LDF last NP. This pretty much solidifies my belief that my power protects on even NPs, but kills on odd DPs.
I don't understand your reasoning as to why I am scum. Yes, I admit to killing people, but as a flavoured doctor - half vig half doc. I assure you I am town.

Who did you protect NP2?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:08:28 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:07:34 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/28/2012 1:06:27 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Who did you protect NP2?

TV
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:09:33 PM
So, the list I have, then is:

NP1: USM1
NP2: USM2 (TV/Mestari)
NP3: F-16
NP4: LDF

And you protected these people because you believed they were townies?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:12:10 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:09:33 PM, drafterman wrote:

NP1: USM1 (I believed was towny)
NP2: USM2 (TV/Mestari) (I believed was scum)
NP3: F-16 (I believed was scum)
NP4: LDF (Wasn't sure but leaning towards scum)

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:17:21 PM
hmm... so i guess we're hunting for third parties only? If that is the case, Thad is probably SK.

The op implies that logics sensor could help us. I think we should hear from him. i've gotten really busy here and i'll have to step out for a while but i will be back in a couple of hours.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:18:44 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:12:10 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 2/28/2012 1:09:33 PM, drafterman wrote:

NP1: USM1 (I believed was towny)
NP2: USM2 (TV/Mestari) (I believed was scum)
NP3: F-16 (I believed was scum)
NP4: LDF (Wasn't sure but leaning towards scum)

Ugh. You're going to make this difficult, aren't you? Yes, I suppose targeting people you believe are scum is consistent with believing you secretly kill people.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:19:26 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:17:21 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
hmm... so i guess we're hunting for third parties only? If that is the case, Thad is probably SK.

The op implies that logics sensor could help us. I think we should hear from him. i've gotten really busy here and i'll have to step out for a while but i will be back in a couple of hours.

You've already outed as cop... so why not give reports?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:21:01 PM

If I were serial killer, it would be bizarre for me to claim doctor before I knew I was actually killing people.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:23:39 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:21:01 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

If I were serial killer, it would be bizarre for me to claim doctor before I knew I was actually killing people.

If you were serial killer you'd already know you were killing people. You did lay the foundation for you "reversed results" claim before actually outing yourself as doctor and after having already killed someone.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:24:16 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:23:39 PM, drafterman wrote:

If you were serial killer you'd already know you were killing people. You did lay the foundation for you "reversed results" claim before actually outing yourself as doctor and after having already killed someone.

Valid. I'm not a serial killer though.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:25:21 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:24:16 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Sorry. Do you prefer "Suicide Assistant"?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:27:29 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:21:05 PM, drafterman wrote:
@TUF:

USM/TV/Mestari claimed cop too, what's your report?

I am not a cop. My role PM says I am a vanilla townie, so whoever it was who was me before, lied for some reason or another if they said they were a cop.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:29:44 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:25:21 PM, drafterman wrote:

Nope. My role is Doctor. I was just affirming your reasoning as presenting a valid possibility, but it could go either way.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:30:45 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:27:29 PM, TUF wrote:
At 2/28/2012 1:21:05 PM, drafterman wrote:
@TUF:

USM/TV/Mestari claimed cop too, what's your report?

I am not a cop. My role PM says I am a vanilla townie, so whoever it was who was me before, lied for some reason or another if they said they were a cop.

No. Just a reaction test. This makes me FOS F-16/Viper
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:31:11 PM
At 2/28/2012 1:29:44 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 2/28/2012 1:25:21 PM, drafterman wrote:

Nope. My role is Doctor. I was just affirming your reasoning as presenting a valid possibility, but it could go either way.

Dr. Kevorkian