UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 6:59:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
***CULT-MAFIA WON!***

Roles (Frankly, I'm paraphrasing):

-Blackvoid: You are the Cult Godfather. When investigated, you come up innocent. You win with the cult.
-HCP: You are the one-shot roleblocker/silencer. You can ONCE and ONLY ONCE roleblock/silence one person. Your powers are inseperable, however. That means that you roleblock somebody, they also are silenced. You win with the town. You also cannot be recruited into the cult. [Modnote: miller]
-Drafterman: You are vanilla. You have no special powers. You win with the town.
-F-16: You are the Lie Detector. Every night phase, you can lie detect one person's sentence to see if they are lying or not. You win with the town. [Modnote: Nieve]
-RoyalPaladin: You are the Lie Detector. Every night phase, you can lie detect one person's sentence to see if they were lying or not. You win with the town. [Modnote: Paranoid]
-Blackhawk: You are the Hider. Every night phase, you can hide behind someone. Whatever action that was directed at you cannot be carried out, but if the person you are hiding behind is targeted, you are also targeted. You win with the town.
-Medic (Replaced by TUF): You are the Jailor. Every night phase you can "jail" somebody. That person is protected, but they are also roleblocked. You win with the town. {Recruited NP 2}
-Kyro90: You are a one-shot role cop and a one-shot sensor. ONCE, and ONLY ONCE during the game you can investigate one's role; and ONCE, and ONLY ONCE, you can detect how many mafia are in on a lynch. You win with the town. {Recruited NP 3}
-Lordknukle: You are the JOAT. You have one-shot abilities of the following"
Investigate
Track
Watch
Lightning rod (whatever happens to the person you selected will happen to you instead)
You win with the town. {Recruited NP1}
-Zaradi: You are the cop. You can investigate one person every night to see if they are guilty or innocent. You win with the town.
-Xerge: You are a vanilla. You have no special powers. You win with the town.
-Vmpire321: You are the Cult Recruiter. You can recruit one player into the cult every night phase. You win with the cult.

Analysis coming shortly.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:01:41 PM
I count three vanillas.

I completely called out Vmpire based on behavior.

We were overpowered, LK? Give me a break. Not only were F_16 and I both LDs, neither of us was actually useful. We were basically free mislynches for the mafia.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:02:45 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:02:17 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I also called out Knukle based on behavior at first and then based on my fake results.

Good for you.

Want a cookie?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:04:01 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:01:41 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

We were overpowered, LK? Give me a break. Not only were F_16 and I both LDs, neither of us was actually useful. We were basically free mislynches for the mafia.

Lol, I was sure you were cult mafia trying to get me mislynched. Now I figure we were both there simply as free mislynches.

And yeah, well played BlackVoid. I didn't think you were mafia. I thought you were town and stupid.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:05:48 PM
I told everyone that we had to catch the recruiter on DP1 and nobody believed me. I then said that we had to massclaim because roles meant nothing after DP1 (they were basically free fakeclaims for the mafia), and I got called scum.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:09:07 PM
If you think that a newb mod cannot mess with you minds, THINK AGAIN. Anyway, to be noted:

-Cult did not have a kill ability.
-Even so, they were overpowered.
-I specifically left the kill ability out of this game. I thought it would be fun to experiment with that.
-I knew that the LDs would CC each other, but I didn't know how much that would effect the game. And I was literally giggling when the moment DID happen.
-If only you followed the cop results...
-Most Valuable Player: Blackvoid/TUF Both played well.
-Least Valuable Player: HCP You know who was seeing jellyfishes last DP? Drafterman. HCP had silenced him.

And I'm open to criticism of my modding/balancing abilities. I need it.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:11:55 PM
I think that you should have given me a more believable role. Everyone thinks that I am scum from the moment the game starts even when I am giving them the advice that they need to win. I am pretty sure that if F_16 had used my logic to make those same claims, everyone would have believed him.

There were three vanillas and two had the same role.

Recruitment is ok for one night. Otherwise, it is broken and even worse than killing.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:12:36 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:09:07 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
-Least Valuable Player

That's an interesting category...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:12:37 PM
If you think that a newb mod cannot mess with you minds, THINK AGAIN. Anyway, to be noted:

-I specifically left the kill ability out of this game. I thought it would be fun to experiment with that.
-I knew that the LDs would CC each other, but I didn't know how much that would effect the game. And I was literally giggling when the moment DID happen.
-Least Valuable Player: HCP You know who was seeing jellyfishes last DP? Drafterman. HCP had silenced him.

I was least valuable player as I didn't do anything.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:13:40 PM
Recruitment is ok for one night. Otherwise, it is broken and even worse than killing.

I think that's becoming obvious. Both me and TUF experimented with cult recruiting, and both of us got fairly quick mafia victories.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:14:01 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:11:55 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I think that you should have given me a more believable role. Everyone thinks that I am scum from the moment the game starts even when I am giving them the advice that they need to win. I am pretty sure that if F_16 had used my logic to make those same claims, everyone would have believed him.

Royal, the thing is: I pretty much demanded everyone say I win with the town clearly as soon as I entered the game. I figured you would have done so if you really were the LD. That's why I was dead set on you.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:14:26 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:12:37 PM, drafterman wrote:

I was least valuable player as I didn't do anything.

But HCP did something, and that was harmful. I think that;s even less valuable than your play.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:14:28 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:13:40 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

I think that's becoming obvious. Both me and TUF experimented with cult recruiting, and both of us got fairly quick mafia victories.

A recruitment is far worse than a kill. A recruitment is in essence, two kills.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:15:53 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:14:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/29/2012 7:11:55 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Royal, the thing is: I pretty much demanded everyone say I win with the town clearly as soon as I entered the game. I figured you would have done so if you really were the LD. That's why I was dead set on you.

I knew that if I had said that, it would have been obvious that I was LD. I was planning a different strategy; I was going to check role claims.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:17:59 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:14:28 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

A recruitment is far worse than a kill. A recruitment is in essence, two kills.

Mathematically, a recruitment is equal to two kills. It is worse, because it is insidious. You can have a person play pro-town all game, as a townie, then get recruited and never suspected because they were pro-town.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:19:11 PM

Not mine. I had less players, and it went on 7 DP's. I just under-powered the town slightly, plus they virtually killed every thing except for one, and lost. Royal owned "The thing game" and they only lost because they trusted that BH was confirmed.

Doctors are good townie roles to make plenty of in these kind of games.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:21:31 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:19:11 PM, TUF wrote:

Not mine. I had less players, and it went on 7 DP's. I just under-powered the town slightly, plus they virtually killed every thing except for one, and lost. Royal owned "The thing game" and they only lost because they trusted that BH was confirmed.

Doctors are good townie roles to make plenty of in these kind of games.

I'm going to have to consider that in the future. I was thinking about a role where a person protects a person, but whoever visits that person is killed. But I threw that out because I wanted the game without any killing roles.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:23:57 PM
Having all cults die when the leader dies, as well as removing recruits abilities help balance out cult power. You had a lot of abilities that hampered the town, like RB and jailer. Probably should have had a shrink or samurai too.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 7:33:07 PM
At 2/29/2012 7:23:57 PM, drafterman wrote:
Having all cults die when the leader dies, as well as removing recruits abilities help balance out cult power. You had a lot of abilities that hampered the town, like RB and jailer. Probably should have had a shrink or samurai too.

Yeah, I should have more protective players.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 8:53:27 PM
I count three vanillas.

really?
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:01:04 PM
At 2/29/2012 8:53:27 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
I count three vanillas.

really?

Yes really.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:53:03 PM
At 2/29/2012 9:01:04 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 2/29/2012 8:53:27 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
I count three vanillas.

really?

Yes really.

How :O
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 11:18:43 PM
Alright, I'm with everyone else in that this was Cult favored. The main difference between this and the Thing game was that we couldn't recruitif vamp died. But obviously town needed more to stand a chance, especially since both LD's were flavored.

I would have subtracted one LD, make the last one sane, and add another sane cop. Three every night investigators is pretty fair to town since any of them can be taken away any given NP, and getting inno on someone doesn't mean much since they can be recruited later. Two LD's is pretty much a double mislynch waiting to happen.

I didn't agree with the modkill on Blackhawk, but those periods were definently a nuisance. I read that DP on my iPod, and having to swipe down so much to get past all the periods was pretty irritating. But modkill was definently unnecessary, but it looks like USM realzed that later.

Royal did pretty good with investigating LK and faking an investigation on Vamp. Got 2 cult members in a row. My strategy in recruiting was to pick people who post a lot (to help us control the DP) but who aren't high profile enough to warrant investigation (like F-16 and Royal would be). Of course Royal saw through that and checked LK.

The other thing that could have helped town was, like TUF said, more protective roles. HCP was the only person we couldn't recruit. Other than that we couldnt be stopped as long as Vamp was alive. TUF had a good suggestion in the mafia PM about 2 recruitment docs. That would have definently balanced the game.