Jump to topic:

The Resistance! Game 1

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 10:58:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mod Notes: Since this is a test run to see how the mechanics and gameplay work, I will be keeping things simple and the flavor to a minimum.

To keep the game flowing, all proposals and votes, once submitted, are final.

To allow all players a fair chance to participate, there will be no time limits.

I will try and play the entire game in this single thread.

No analyzing or referencing Assignment PMs to ascertain Resistance/Spy status!!!

Introduction:

You are part of a Resistance Cell who is trying to undermine the strength of the Empire by destroying strategic bases. You have recently learned that two of your members are actually Imperial Spies, trying to sabotage your plans and get your own bases destroyed. The Imperial Spies are aware of each others existence, but you you do not know who they are.

Player List:
1. TUF (Leader)
2. Imabench
3. Medic
4. LK
5. royal

The leader is currently: TUF. Leader, you have 2 plans in your possession. At your discretion you may develop a proposal: a list of players (2) who will receive those plans. You may include yourself in your proposal. Submit your proposal as follows:

Propose: Player A, Player B

Once submitted, the proposal is final, so I recommend deliberating with your fellow members before submitting.

Once the proposal is submitted, players can debate the merits of the proposal and must vote for or against it. Voting is as follows:

Vote: Yes or Vote: No

All votes are final, so take care. Once a majority (Yes/No) is reached, the game will continue:

If majority is "No" - Leadership passes to next player. New proposal/voting round.
If majority is "Yes" - Players designated in the proposal PM me with "Allow" or "Sabotage." All designated players must respond and Resistance members may only "Allow."

Once I receive all responses, I will reveal the results. Any sabotage results in a Resistance base being destroyed. No sabotage results in an Imperial base being destroyed. After the results are revealed, leadership passes to the next player and the game continues.

Players are allowed to continue deliberating while plan waiting for these results. In a sense, the game will just play continuously until game end and players are free to discuss in this thread.

The game ends when all bases for one team are destroyed.

Bases:
Resistance: 3
Empire: 3

Begin!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:21:39 AM
At 3/1/2012 11:18:53 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Do we vote for the proposal in here or in pm??

Here.

Until TUF presents a proposal, feel free to offer your suggestions; TUF only has the final say as the leader, players can make any recommendations they wish.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:29:07 AM
suggestions we can make include?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:32:35 AM
At 3/1/2012 11:29:07 AM, imabench wrote:

The players you think should receive the plans for TUF's proposal.

While not as important in the beginning, when you plans start getting sabotaged you will begin to speculate and deduce who the Imperial Spies are and, thus, who should not receive any plans.

Essentially this game is won by figuring out who the Spies are and not giving them the plans to prevent them from being Sabotaged.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:33:27 AM
At 3/1/2012 11:32:53 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 3/1/2012 11:29:07 AM, imabench wrote:

Tuf you should go with you and me.

Medic is probably a spy. Give me the chance to be in the plan.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:38:58 AM
Future games (if there are any) may implement time limits of sorts to keep the game moving. However, I think it's important to have no time limits for this game just to see what changes made need to be made, so I ask that everyone just bear with the game while it runs its course.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:46:55 AM
Ok. While waiting for TUF, please feel free to ask any questions you have about the game. The material I've found on the game online is not 100% comprehensive, but there was enough information for me to fill in the blanks.

So, basically you: Discuss. Propose. Discuss. Vote. Repeat.

You know how many spies are, and you know how many plans were sabotaged each round and this is the primary information the players have to deduce who the spies are.

For example, in this game, if both plans were given to both spies and they both sabotaged, you'd immediately know that they were the Spies. That's essentially game over, as they'd never be designated to receive plans again. However, since there is no player elimination, they could still be selected as Leader and make proposals and vote on the proposals of other players.

Oh, speaking of which Leaders vote too.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 1:27:59 PM
I'll accept, but since decisions are final I'd ask that you bold in the future. I'll also assume you are voting for your own plan:

Proposal: medic, royal
Votes:
Yes - 1 - TUF
No - 0
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 1:32:42 PM
Yes I confirm.

Also guys today I have been moving all day. I am on my cell and will post whenever I catch a breath.
But after I am done I should be active as usual.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 2:09:46 PM
Proposal: medic, royal
Votes (3 needed to pass/veto):
Yes - 3 - TUF, royal, medic
No - 0

The proposal has passed. Medic, royal have been given plans. Please PM me with your responses.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 2:15:42 PM
No players sabotaged the plans. An Imperial base has been destroyed!

Leadership has passed to: imabench. Leader, you have 2 plans in your possession. At your discretion you may develop a proposal: a list of players (2) who will receive those plans. You may include yourself in your proposal. Submit your proposal as follows:

Player List:
1. TUF
2. Imabench (Leader)
3. Medic
4. LK
5. royal

Bases:
Empire: 2
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 2:57:45 PM
I choose TUF and Medic
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 6:56:15 PM
For formality's sake:

Proposal: medic, TUF
Votes (3 needed to pass/veto):
Yes - 3 - imabench, medic, TUF
No - 1 - royal

The proposal has passed. Medic, TUF have been given plans. Please PM me with your responses.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 6:58:00 PM
No players sabotaged the plans. An Imperial base has been destroyed!

Leadership has passed to: medic. Leader, you have 2 plans in your possession. At your discretion you may develop a proposal: a list of players (2) who will receive those plans. You may include yourself in your proposal. Submit your proposal as follows:

Player List:
1. TUF
2. Imabench
3. Medic (Leader)
4. LK
5. royal

Bases:
Empire: 1
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 7:29:52 PM
At 3/1/2012 6:58:00 PM, drafterman wrote:
Bases:
Empire: 1

This means the resistance has destroyed more bases than the empire right?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227