Send a Message
3/5/2012 6:42:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mafia Wins!

1. Mafia- Won
2. Town- Epic Fail

Mafia: F-16, Jordan, Tuf, Thadd, and Freedo

Mafia Roles

Freedo. President Snow- You are the amazing all powerful dictator of Panem. By yourself, you are a frail, weak, and old man but you nonchalantly proceed through life as if you have ultimate power, which you do. However, you command an army beyond recognition. You have ultimate power within the Panem territories. You get to decide the mafia's actions for the night. Therefore, you have a plethora of abilities at your disposal:

1x Lawyer- You can make any one player appear innocent or pro-town to any investigation.

1x Poison Role blocker- You can force a person to not be able to use any night actions for one night. As an added benefit, the person will die at the beginning of the next NP unless something "special" happens to him/her.

1x Chariot Bomb- Any NP, you can place a bomb on any player's chariot. This bomb will detonate at a random time next DP. However, this detonation may cause harm to any of your fellow mafia members. In other words, there is a 35% chance that any random player on the mafia (excluding yourself) may be killed.

You also appear innocent to affiliation investigation. You can also role block one person every night. However, it cannot be used with your poison role blocker. You win with mafia.

Tuf. You are Glimmer, the female tribute from District 1. You have been training for your entire life for your moment of glory within the Hunger Games ring. You have mastered the art of killing. Therefore, you are the ninja. You cannot be tracked or watched when performing a night kill. You win with mafia.

Mod Note: He is a goon and is able to be tracked and watched.

F-16. You are Caesar Flickerman, the spokesperson for the Capitol Hunger Games. Your interview skills are unparalleled and you can easily change any situation for the better with your words. Therefore, you are the kidnapper. You can convince people to come with you and then abduct them. Each NP, you can kidnap a person a person and they will not be allowed to talk or do anything next DP. However, there is one person that if you try to kidnap, you will die. You win with mafia.

Person: Katniss

Thadd. You are Romulus Thread, the brutal new Peacekeeper of District 12. You command an army of fellow "Peacekeepers" who will do anything that you wish, including cleaning up your messes. Therefore, you are the one shot janitor. You can hide the mafia's kill for one night until you are dead. However, if you janitor a specific person, you will die. This person will be told to you on NP2. You win with mafia.

Person: Katniss

Jordan. You are Seneca Crane. You are the leader of the Hunger Games and are capable of controlling everything that happens within the ring. Therefore, you are the voodoo man. You can curse a person each NP and the curse will not let them say a specific word for the next DP. If they do say it, they will be mod-killed. They will also be told the word that they will not be able to say. Note: The word must be greater than four characters. You win with mafia.

Analysis:

Wow... well this was an interesting experience. The mafia performed extremely well, but luck was also on their side. Some things that let the mafia win were:

1. Mafia janitored Drafter (Mrs. Everdeen; Doctor) on NP1, which was an extremely lucky placement of a kill. This left town extremely handicapped and Tuf pretty much managed to skate through the game with the Doctor fake claim.

2. HCP claimed reviver. I originally thought that HCP would fake claim some kind of character since reviver is a pretty powerful role. Assuming he was given the opportunity, HCP would have been able to revive Drafter. However, since he came out with the reviver claim, the mafia didn't let him do anything and ultimately led to his demise.

3. RoyalPaladin claimed Katniss. This was, in my honest opinion, a pretty stupid move. I purposefully gave her a fake claim to use (Greasy Sae) so that she would not claim in the beginning of the game. But no... She claimed the most powerful character and role in DP1. This was a crucial point that led to the mafia victory. Katniss was extremely powerful (1x cop, doc, vig, and LD) and her death really screwed town.

4. I affiliated Katniss and Gale so that if one died, the other would be turned into a vanilla. I realized the stupidity of this move later on, but could not really reverse it. This was a really bad move since when Katniss died, the Vig essentially became a vanilla. He could have been essential later on, but had no abilities.

In all honesty, town played pretty crappy. F-16 and Tuf pretty much controlled the DPs and steered the town into the "right" direction. Perhaps it's just me being a mod, but I thought that mafia were pretty obvious.

Anyways, I'm pretty disappointed in this game. It didn't go as planned but I hope that it was still fun.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 6:45:05 PM
It was way fun. Mafia got really lucky, And town didn't play strategically.

We basically had this game once LDF and royal were gone.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 6:45:35 PM
At 3/5/2012 6:43:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Freedo's claim was brilliant; MVP definitely should go to Freedo.

I played like a moron :(

Lol f-16 was against the AVOX thing. I thought it was a good idea...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 6:46:00 PM
Awards

Best Mafia- F-16. He single handedly convinced town that he was a townie and played very pro-town all throughout.

Most Annoying Mafia- Freedo. Explanation not needed.

Best Townie- Zaradi. Zaradi played exceptionally well on both characters and at one time, picked out all the mafia players.

Most Scummy Townie- Viper. Explanation not needed.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 6:47:11 PM
I'm not looking for it now, but at some point someone said that TUF was pretty much cleared because of his claim. If they were town then they need to rethink ever playing mafia again.

I don't get a collective Town mentality that is inherently suspicious of any and all cop results yet will readily accept claims WHEN SOMEONE HAS BEEN JANITORED.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 6:59:21 PM
I think that mafia had pretty powerful roles like a kidnap role for instance which helped us neutralize a lot of the townie roles. Also, the voodoo curse: I didn't really like it and I didn't like that LDF got killed because of it. Had she become a PGO, town most certainly would have won.

Royal was on the right track too, accusing me of being mafia because I wasn't nitpicking. BH figured it out in the end as well.

Zaradi spotted nearly the entire mafia and called Thad's bluff. Xerge knew TUF and Thad were mafia. Medic absolutely demanded that freedo be lynched.

Seriously though, we barely scraped by. Town played really well. However, mafia had really powerful roles which balanced the good play from the town.

The funny thing though was that I was trying so hard to bus freedo because his claim really annoyed me. I kept asking someone to hammer him but miraculously no one did.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:33:03 PM
At 3/5/2012 6:46:00 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Awards

Best Mafia- F-16. He single handedly convinced town that he was a townie and played very pro-town all throughout.

Most Annoying Mafia- Freedo. Explanation not needed.

Best Townie- Zaradi. Zaradi played exceptionally well on both characters and at one time, picked out all the mafia players.

Aha :D

Most Scummy Townie- Viper. Explanation not needed.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:54:18 PM
Oh my god! God damnit! I just realized that Lavinia, Freedo's fake-claim, wasn't even an Avox! God dammit! I should've seen this! -.- Damm you Freedo! Damm you!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:56:38 PM
Also, Zaradi2 jailed Oberherr, the real cop who was investigating Tuf. If he didn't do that, then town might have pulled ahead.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:59:27 PM
At 3/5/2012 6:45:35 PM, TUF wrote:

i totally had an avox fake claim prepared in case i was mafia.

I'm kinda dissapointed in myself for f*cking up like i did. I had the mafia nailed by the last dp (all but TUF.)
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 8:00:11 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:57:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
By the way, I immediately realized that F_16 was mafia when he claimed a Career Tribute.

That reminded me.

I said in the OP multiples times that 1 2 and 4 were bad.

Districts 1 2 and 4 are those from which careers tributes came from.

Jeez. Stupid town.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 11:00:19 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:59:27 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

I'm kinda dissapointed in myself for f*cking up like i did. I had the mafia nailed by the last dp (all but TUF.)

F-16 has a huge crush on you, by the way. He cried when you left.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 11:05:01 PM
At 3/5/2012 11:00:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/5/2012 7:59:27 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

F-16 has a huge crush on you, by the way. He cried when you left.

aww, I know. I gave him a hankie and let him cuddle up with my kitty. I think he's feeling better now :)
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...