Jump to topic:

Misfits Mafia Endgame

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:04:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The town fought for a long time and finally found peace. But what really happened was:

1st Place: Bluesteel(a): Jester
2nd Place: Town
3rd Place: Mafia
Last Place: Third Party Survivors

Town

Medic: You are KELLY. Throughout the series you had the power to read peoples thoughts and the power to understand a high knowledge in technology. Because of your knowledge to understand others and access these high quality skills you are the COP. Each night you may select any person and know their allegiance. You win with the ASBO Five. "Note: Be careful when claiming. Someone is looking for you."

HCP: You are CURTIS. You have the extraordinary power of time reversal. Because of this power you prevented many deaths from happening. You were also able to see what has happened in the past and change history because of it. Thus you are the DOCTOR/REVIVER. Each night you may select any player and chose one of your powers on them. If you doc them, they will not be night killed. If you revive them, they will be active again next day phase. However your powers only worked on those you cared most about. Knowing this you can only revive the following characters and only once: KELLY, ALISHA, SIMON, and RUDY. You win with the ASBO Five.

Zaradi: You are NATHAN. At first you didn't think you had any powers until you were actually killed. You later came back to live realizing you were immortal. Thus you are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be night killed. You win with the ASBO Five.

Bluesteel(b): You are MARNIE. Although you were not affected by the storm, you care about the other misfits and try your best to help. You are a VANILLA townie. You win with the ASBO Five.

F-16(b): You are SIMON. Because of your quiet and shy nature, you inherited the power of invisibility. You used your power to easily spy on people and see what they were doing. Thus you are the WATCHER. Each night phase you may choose any player and learn who visited them. You win with the ASBO Five. Note: Be careful though, some of your information is being leaked to someone.

Lordknuckle(b): You are JEREMY. You were affected by the storm to believe you were a dog. No one trusts you for how your act and believe you to be untrustworthy. Therefore you are the MILLER. You will appear guilty upon investigation. You win with the ASBO Five.

Drafterman: You are OLLIE. You were given the power of teleportation, but it was completely useless because you were terrible at using it. No one really cared about you and you died rather quickly because of it. You are the HATED TOWNIE. It only takes one less vote to day lynch you. You win with the ASBO Five.

TUF: You are ALISHA. Your first power enabled you to seduce anyone you touch. Because of this you are able to persuade people to do what you want. You are the TOWN POLITICIAN. At any time, day or night you may PM me to steal someone's vote and place it on whoever you like. You however hated this power and decided to get a new one. Because of this you are only the politician for three day-night phases. You later choose the power to step in someone's shoes and see everything they do. Because of this, on Night 3 you will become the TRACKER. You will be able to choose a target and see whom they visit. You win with the ASBO Five.

Lordknuckle(a): You are DAISY. You were given the power of healing and can heal anyone by simple touch. However you refused to heal people with STD's and disease as such. Because of this you are the NAÏVE DOCTOR. Each night you may chose any person, but you will not actually protect them. You win with the ASBO Five.

Mod Note: Daisy is Naïve Doctor.

Mafia

Viper-king: You are SALLY. You are the second probation worker whose main goal was to find out who killed your fiancée. You managed to blend well and appear innocent towards the others. Thus you are the GODFATHER. You will appear innocent upon investigation. You also managed to seduce SIMON into giving you information. Thus whatever knowledge he gains from the night phase, you will gain a partial amount. You win with the Mafia.

Vmpire321: You are BRIAN. You were given the power to control all milk products and were the first person to tell the public of your powers. However as more people became widely known with their powers, you and your dull power became unpopular. Your jealousy caused you to murder tons of people in one night, including the ASBO Five. You are the ASSASSIN and can choose any one in the night to kill. You win with the Mafia.

Lickdafoot: You are RACHEL. You were given the power of suggestion and changed peoples thoughts into your own. Your main goal was to make everyone a perfect youth. Everyone was mindless because of it. You are the ROLEBLOCKER/HALF-POLITICIAN. Every night you can either choose to roleblock someone cancelling his or her night action or you can steal another players vote, but you would not be able to use it. That person would just not be able to vote next day phase. You win with the Mafia.

Royalpaladin: You are TONY. You were the gang's first probation worker and the only one affected by the storm. Thus, you have knowledge of the powers that were given to everyone around you. Because of this, you are the ROLECOP. Each night you may select a target and learn their role. You win with the Mafia.

Third Party

Blackhawk: You are SHAUN. You are the third probation worker and are completely oblivious of the powers everyone have. However, you don't really care what happens to anyone, you are here just to do your job and make it through the day. You are the SURVIVOR and your main goal is to survive to the end of the game. You win with yourself.

F-16(a): You are BRUNO. You were a gorilla that became human because of the storm. You want to find true human love. Your goal is to find KELLY and you will then share a PM with her. You only get two chances to choose a person, so choose wisely. When you do, you will both become SURVIVORS/LOVERS and need to survive to the end game. If you die then KELLY dies with you, if you manage to find her. You win with yourself.

Bluesteel(a): You are GARY. Because of your selfishness and dislike of everyone, you were inside when the storm happened and gained no powers. You were too weak to defend yourself and died in the first episode. Thus you are the JESTER. You win if you are day lynched within the first three day-phases only. You win with yourself.

Night 1

Medic Cops Royal: Guilty Result
HCP Docs F-16(a)
F-16(b) Watches Bluesteel: No visits
TUF roleblocked
Lordknuckle docs himself: Unsuccessful Naïve/Killed
Vmpire kills Lordknuckle: Successful
LDF Roleblocks TUF: Successful
Royal Rolecops F-16: Survivor/Lover

Night 2

Medic Cops F-16(a): Innocent Result
HCP Docs F-16(a)
F-16(b) Watches Bluesteel: No visits
TUF skips action: Killed
Vmpire kills TUF: Successful
Royal Rolecops Blackhawk: Survivor

Night 3

Medic Cops Blackhawk: Guilty Result
HCP Revives TUF: Successful
F-16(b) Watches F-16(a): No visits
Vmpire kills F-16(b): Successful
Royal Rolecops Drafterman: Hated Townie

Night 4

Medic Cops Bluesteel(b): Killed
HCP Docs Royal: Successful
F-16(b) Watches Medic: No visits
Vmpire kills Medic: Successful
Royal Rolecops Bluesteel(b): Vanilla

Night 5

HCP Revives Medic: Successful
F-16(b) Watches TUF: No visits
Vmpire kills TUF: Successful
Royal Rolecops Zaradi: Bulletproof

Night 6
Medic Cops Vmpire: Killed
HCP Docs Himself: Successful
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:04:17 PM
So guys how was the game. Comment on how I did as a first time mod. Were roles to complex. Anything you wanna say, you can post.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:06:14 PM
1. Jester is too easy . . . leave it out next time. Kudos to BS, however.

If you do include Jester, make sure that it wins with the winning party.

2. The second doctor and infinite reviver definitely threw the game off . . .
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:06:18 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:04:17 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
So guys how was the game. Comment on how I did as a first time mod. Were roles to complex. Anything you wanna say, you can post.

I think it was pretty good. The information leaking part was unique.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:06:53 PM
I thought it was kinda unfair that the only Doc town had was naive.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:07:02 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:06:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
1. Jester is too easy . . . leave it out next time. Kudos to BS, however.

If you do include Jester, make sure that it wins with the winning party.

2. The second doctor and infinite reviver definitely threw the game off . . .

The first doc was naiieve and didn't actualyl do anything.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:07:08 PM
Also, I believed town was a bit overpowered. What I did to fix that was hide Bluesteel's Jester role to through confusion. I also gave HCP the possibility of Rudy being in the game which threw him off.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:07:31 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:06:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I thought it was kinda unfair that the only Doc town had was naive.

HCP was also doctor
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:07:49 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:07:08 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Also, I believed town was a bit overpowered. What I did to fix that was hide Bluesteel's Jester role to through confusion. I also gave HCP the possibility of Rudy being in the game which threw him off.

Told you Royal.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:09:37 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:06:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Lmao, Bluesteel totally destroyed the mafia. Had LDF been alive, it would have been a lot more challenging.

I actually had BS fooled until the end of the game . . .

I needed more active scumbuddies.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:11:57 PM
Ok, regarding my lynch.

I did that on purpose.

Why?

The last phase I was alive there were 7 Townies and 3 Mafia. Meaning we were a Mislynch away from MYLO. I knew that, given my role, it was imperative that I not survive until then since it would be all the easier for the Mafia to gambit and get a mislynch on me. That is why I was playing uncharacteristically: I wanted the mafia to get suspicious and night kill me. They didn't, but I still needed to die nonetheless, and die BEFORE the game got to MYLO. So I engineered my own lynching.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:13:42 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:11:57 PM, drafterman wrote:
Ok, regarding my lynch.

I did that on purpose.

Why?

The last phase I was alive there were 7 Townies and 3 Mafia. Meaning we were a Mislynch away from MYLO. I knew that, given my role, it was imperative that I not survive until then since it would be all the easier for the Mafia to gambit and get a mislynch on me. That is why I was playing uncharacteristically: I wanted the mafia to get suspicious and night kill me. They didn't, but I still needed to die nonetheless, and die BEFORE the game got to MYLO. So I engineered my own lynching.

But Drafterman, why not keep going after the mafia and lynching THEM?
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:14:11 PM
Ok, regarding my lynch.

I did that on purpose.

Why?

Okay, I was wondering what you were doing. I was so confused, lol.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:14:59 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:09:37 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/5/2012 7:06:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Lmao, Bluesteel totally destroyed the mafia. Had LDF been alive, it would have been a lot more challenging.

I actually had BS fooled until the end of the game . . .

I needed more active scumbuddies.

Inactivity hurts the mafia, so yeah, you were pretty much a one man team so I'll give you that. You did play really well.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:16:39 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:13:42 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Ok, regarding my lynch.

I did that on purpose.

Why?

But Drafterman, why not keep going after the mafia and lynching THEM?

I...

I just explained why.

I knew that, given my role, it was imperative that I not survive until then since it would be all the easier for the Mafia to gambit and get a mislynch on me.

My role was a hindrance and a threat to the town. I eliminated that threat before it could do any real harm.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:17:57 PM
If Viper had listened to me and had counterclaimed properly, HCP would have probably been lynched; we would have been at LYLO for the rest of the game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:20:26 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:16:39 PM, drafterman wrote:

My role was a hindrance and a threat to the town. I eliminated that threat before it could do any real harm.

It is only a threat if you actually reach MYLO. If you didn't get yourself mislynched, town may never have reached MYLO although I kinda get what you are saying too.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:22:11 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:20:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/5/2012 7:16:39 PM, drafterman wrote:

It is only a threat if you actually reach MYLO. If you didn't get yourself mislynched, town may never have reached MYLO although I kinda get what you are saying too.

Exactly, so I knew we couldn't reach MYLO with me alive. Obviously, at the time I didn't know how close we were, so it was a judgment call + seizing the opportunity. I also figured if the mafia was going to kill me they would have already.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:28:51 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:23:10 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Drafterman, we were not going to kill you because I had rolecopped you; I knew that you required one less vote to lynch.

So what was the strategy? Wait until you wanted to lynch me and fake some results?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:30:36 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:28:51 PM, drafterman wrote:
Drafterman, we were not going to kill you because I had rolecopped you; I knew that you required one less vote to lynch.

So what was the strategy? Wait until you wanted to lynch me and fake some results?

It was to "pressure you for a claim" on MYLO or LYLO. You were functionally vanilla, and I wanted to demolish the power roles first.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:31:23 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:30:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

It was to "pressure you for a claim" on MYLO or LYLO. You were functionally vanilla, and I wanted to demolish the power roles first.

Interesting that you let me get lynched before then. After that, it seems that the town never failed to lynch mafia.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 7:43:24 PM
At 3/5/2012 7:31:23 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 3/5/2012 7:30:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Interesting that you let me get lynched before then. After that, it seems that the town never failed to lynch mafia.

Well, you were offering yourself for a mislynch and were acting very scummy . . .

We ALMOST had a mislynch on HCP, but Viper chose to stray from the talking points that I gave him.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 12:03:50 AM
This was so much fun as jester... I'm glad I killed a mafioso too, hehe.

This was much less fun as town, although I'm glad I helped a town win. Royal you did a good job in the mafia PM. Not your fault viper screwed up the claims. Had he cc'ed as a multi-shot reviver, he'd have had a shot, but he was still acting weird.

And you had me fooled until the last DP when you started going after me. I wasn't SURE you were mafia, but you and vmpire was the only thing that made sense. Your case against me seemed super scripted. And your behavior said mafia, while your role just seemed town. Good job. I feel like had anyone but F-16 come in, I would have been hammered. F-16 great job on catching the significance of your death - I knew something was up with that, but missed its significance. You saved the day.

... I hate being vanilla.

And yeah, I thought it was balanced. The game would have been different if not for me getting LDF lynched and you guys wasting the Rudy claim on that. Had I decided on medic as my target, that would have changed things significantly. Also, if you hadn't killed LK and killed Curtis instead, again, very different outcome. You killed a useless role and lost a powerful ally to random jester chance.

Also, drafter, good call. Not a tactic I would have taken, but a genius one given royal knew your role.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)