Jump to topic:

Mod List Question

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 6:54:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would really like to know what is going on...

Three weeks ago, I saw this:

NEW LIST

- Medic (Gangster Chronicles) - NP2
- Logic_on_rails (Classic; 'Death in Mystere') - NP4
- drafterman (Beginner 6.3) - DP2
- Blackhawk1331 (TV shows) - NP 1

- Marcuscato (DDO Mafia Players) - keep skipping until signups are posted
- Danielle (TBD)

(etc.)

This implies that I was actually next to start my game, considering marcus said to skip him until sign-ups were posted in April. I posted asking people to confirm whether or not I was next. All of a sudden, my game is now "On Hold." Uhh... why? Nobody answered my question about when I should post sign-ups. I never said my game was on hold and nobody asked me about it (I responded to the one e-mail I got a few weeks ago).

Okay, so why is my game "On Hold" and who the F are all the people who completely just miraculously found themselves at the top of the list? Two weeks ago F-16 started a list that looked like this:

REGULAR GAMES

Blackhawk1331 (TV shows) - DP4
TUF - The thing Concept game - DP7
Ober - Mafia Jgt Concept game - DP4
Bluesteel-??? Mafia-DP2

Lordknukle (Hunger Games) - signups

-Danielle (TBD)

Okay why is blackhawk, TUF, Ober, bluesteel and LK suddenly ahead of me? Then royalpaladin went ahead of me. Sorry but I have been on that list waiting to mod longer than she has been a member on this entire site. What is going on?
President of DDO
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 6:58:18 AM
People probably thought you weren't active at the moment. Just name your theme and post signups. Tell Ober that he can't start his halo one.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 7:11:22 AM
At 3/9/2012 6:54:14 AM, Danielle wrote:
I would really like to know what is going on...

Three weeks ago, I saw this:

NEW LIST

- Medic (Gangster Chronicles) - NP2
- Logic_on_rails (Classic; 'Death in Mystere') - NP4
- drafterman (Beginner 6.3) - DP2
- Blackhawk1331 (TV shows) - NP 1

- Marcuscato (DDO Mafia Players) - keep skipping until signups are posted
- Danielle (TBD)

(etc.)

This implies that I was actually next to start my game, considering marcus said to skip him until sign-ups were posted in April. I posted asking people to confirm whether or not I was next. All of a sudden, my game is now "On Hold." Uhh... why? Nobody answered my question about when I should post sign-ups. I never said my game was on hold and nobody asked me about it (I responded to the one e-mail I got a few weeks ago).

Not "All of a sudden"
http://www.debate.org...

You said you were ready and F-16 said to start it. You never did. That was three weeks ago. You never did anything.

So yeah, I asked you about your game, you said you wanted to run it, I told people that you didn't want to be skipped, you posted saying you were ready, and people responded saying go ahead...

... and then nothing. Were we supposed to wait three weeks and run no more mafia games? Sorry, but no.

Okay, so why is my game "On Hold" and who the F are all the people who completely just miraculously found themselves at the top of the list? Two weeks ago F-16 started a list that looked like this:

REGULAR GAMES

Blackhawk1331 (TV shows) - DP4
TUF - The thing Concept game - DP7
Ober - Mafia Jgt Concept game - DP4
Bluesteel-??? Mafia-DP2

Lordknukle (Hunger Games) - signups

-Danielle (TBD)

Okay why is blackhawk, TUF, Ober, bluesteel and LK suddenly ahead of me? Then royalpaladin went ahead of me. Sorry but I have been on that list waiting to mod longer than she has been a member on this entire site. What is going on?

You didn't post your sign-ups. That's what's going on. No one is "ahead" of you. We moved your spot to the on-hold list to indicate that, while technically you're next in line, there is something holding up the starting of your game.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 7:15:29 AM
Since you said you were ready, the following people went "ahead" of you:

bluesteel
LordKnukle
Jordan
USM
Viper
TV
F-16
TUF
BV

Of those, TV, F-16 and BV are still going on, so we've had 6 complete mafia games while waiting for you to post sign-ups. I understand if the current pace of mafia games is faster than you expected, but I don't think it's fair to expect everything to just stop while waiting for you to post sign-ups.

If you hadn't realized that we wanted you to start, why did you wait three weeks to say something?

Again, the "On Hold" was just a place holder. If you want to start

THEN START
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 7:23:50 AM
Drafterman, are you PMSing? I don't see why your posts were unnecessarily b!tchy. I asked a simple question - that's it. Obviously I didn't notice that anyone had said I could go ahead and post sign-ups or else I would have. It's still not clear to me.

We used to have it so that just 1-2 games were going on at once. Now I can't tell whose turn it is. If there are 5 games going on now (or whatever), tell me whose game I should be looking to see end before I post sign-ups. That's how you can be helpful instead of unnecessarily hostile and defensive.
President of DDO
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 7:29:25 AM
At 3/9/2012 7:23:50 AM, Danielle wrote:
Drafterman, are you PMSing? I don't see why your posts were unnecessarily b!tchy. I asked a simple question - that's it. Obviously I didn't notice that anyone had said I could go ahead and post sign-ups or else I would have. It's still not clear to me.

We used to have it so that just 1-2 games were going on at once. Now I can't tell whose turn it is. If there are 5 games going on now (or whatever), tell me whose game I should be looking to see end before I post sign-ups. That's how you can be helpful instead of unnecessarily hostile and defensive.

I apologize if I came off as defensive. I'm not sure how the "on hold" section developed, and I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's there. Personally I don't think it would hurt to have someone "in charge" of the list so that too many hands stop spoiling the stew.

A recent bout of "concept" games outside the list resulted in there being so many games at once and it is taking a while for things to start slowing down.

There are currently three active, regular games going on: one which just started, two in DP4+.

I think it would be fine if you posted your sign ups immediately.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 4:58:10 PM
Sorry if I passed you up, everyone told me to just post my signups.

But, if you wanna go ahead of me, go ahead(XD).
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 5:55:29 PM
If nobody objects, I'd be happy to be in charge of the list.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 5:59:22 PM
At 3/10/2012 5:55:29 PM, tvellalott wrote:
If nobody objects, I'd be happy to be in charge of the list.

Maybe the administration needs a Minister of Mafia. LOL.
I don't mind, and, if you don't mind, I can be a co-mod-mod.