Jump to topic:

HvV Mafia: Comic Book Edition - DAY FIVE

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 6:04:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The night phase was ended efficiently. Keep it up guys.

TUF(2) has replaced Hardcore.Pwnography

Daredevil, Aquaman and Deadpool were all killed during the night.

LE DEAD LIST
Korashk(2): You are DAREDEVIL. After being splashed in the face with radioactive chemicals as a child you became completely blind, BUT all your other senses were increased to superhuman levels. As such you can't be fooled by lies. You are the UNMASKER. Each night you may choose a character claim and be told whether it is the truth. You win with the town.

royalpaladin
: You are AQUAMAN, the… fish whisperer. Unfortunately for you, you exist in a world where superheroes are awesome. You have some powers but you're pretty underwhelming compared to some of your peers. Therefore you are the TREE-STUMP. You require one less vote to lynch and you cannot vote yourself. You win with the town.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon: You are DEADPOOL, wisecracking mercenary. You are the FOURTH-WALL BREAKING, ONE-SHOT BULLETPROOF SURVIVOR. While you will appear guilty to investigations, you may use your ability to communicate with external sources (that is, me) to your advantage. Each night you may ask me one YES/NO question and I will answer it completely honestly. Because of your mutant abilities, you are ONE-SHOT BULLETPROOF. You win if you survive until the end of the game.

kyro90 - Bruce Banner/Hulk - Vanilla/Reflector
drafterman - Joker - Missing
Blackvoid - Rorchach - Brutal Cop, Town
TUF - Magneto - Cult Recruiter
Korashk - Rick Grimes - Survivor, Town
Xerge - Ironman - Mason Recruiter, Town

LE LIVING LIST
01. TUF(2), replacing Hardcore.Pwnography
02. Viper-King
03. medic0506
04. Lickdafoot
05. Blackhawk1331
06. Thaddeus
07. Lordknukle
08. bluesteel
09. logic_on_rails

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 6:07:11 PM
So true with Aquaman, just saying.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 6:36:43 PM
I killed F-16.

Does anybody else want to counterclaim that? If not, get off my backs about me being a townie who kills 3rd parties.

The moon was full last night. My powers strengthens when the moon is full and decreases when it's not. The moon becomes full every 2nd night (ie. NP 4, 6) for the purposes of this game. So, because my character's powers are dependent on the moon, when it's full I can launch a kill on these nights. On the other nights I have powers which help me determine who the 3rd parties are.

If you guys want me to elaborate on my role I'm perfectly happy to. However, I strongly don't suggest it. Unless anybody else takes credit for killing F-16 then I'm basically in the clear.

So, anybody else ready for me to hunt down some more 3rd parties?

I ask again, does anybody else claim that they killed F-16? Let's see, because I'm the one who killed him.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 7:11:11 PM
Let's update our Drafterlist:

Erased From the Pages

1) Korashk - Rick Grimes - Survivor - Town
2) Xerge - Iron Man - Mason - Town
3) Blackvoid - Rorschach - Cop, Roleblocker - Town
4) TUF - Magneto - Cult Recruiter
5) Drafterman - Joker - Missing (Third party?)
6) Kyro - The Incredible Hulk - Reflector
7) F-16 - Deadpool - Bulletproof Survivor
8) Royalpaladin - Aquaman - Treestump
9) Korashk (replaced Vmp) - Daredevil - Unmasker

Role Claimed

01) Lickdafoot - Batman - Watcher/Tracker
02) Partam (replaced VK) - Wolverine - Tracker
03) HCP - The Punisher - Vigilante
04) Thad - V for Vendetta - Odd NP Role Cop
05) blue - Green Lantern - Bulletproof (tested by HCP) + Visiting role
06) Logic - Moon Knight - Even NP vigilante (in effect) ; third party killer; odd NP (not saying)

Results:
LDF
NP1: Xerge visited TUF, TUF visited BV
NP2: Royal visited no one, no one visited Royal
NP3: Someone visited themselves. It is a secret *wink, wink*

PR (replaced Viper)
NP1: Drafter visited Korashk
NP2: Drafter visited no one
NP3: Bluesteel visited Blackhawk

HCP
NP1: Skips night action
NP2: Kills Drafterman
NP3: Targets Bluesteel (kill fails)

Korashk
NP1: Check BlackVoid's "Rorshach" claim - Truth
NP2: Check drafterman's "Hellboy" claim - False
NP3: Inactivity

Logic
NP 4: Kill F-16 (bulletproof survivor)

Character Claimed

01) BH - ????? - Double Voter
02) Medic - Mr. Fantastic
03) LK - Wonderwoman

People can add last night's results to the list as they check in.

Also, townies, be careful with pressuring this DP. We don't know how many Mafia there are and mislynches could occur easily. If we want the final role claims I suggest we just tell them to claim irrespective of pressure as otherwise mislynches could occur.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 7:18:26 PM
Erased From the Pages

1) Korashk - Rick Grimes - Survivor - Town
2) Xerge - Iron Man - Mason - Town
3) Blackvoid - Rorschach - Cop, Roleblocker - Town
4) TUF - Magneto - Cult Recruiter
5) Drafterman - Joker - Missing (Third party?)
6) Kyro - The Incredible Hulk - Reflector
7) F-16 - Deadpool - Bulletproof Survivor
8) Royalpaladin - Aquaman - Treestump
9) Korashk (replaced Vmp) - Daredevil - Unmasker

Role Claimed

01) Lickdafoot - Batman - Watcher/Tracker
02) Partam (replaced VK) - Wolverine - Tracker
03) HCP - The Punisher - Vigilante
04) Thad - V for Vendetta - Odd NP Role Cop
05) blue - Green Lantern - Bulletproof (tested by HCP) + Visiting role
06) Logic - Moon Knight - Even NP vigilante (in effect) ; third party killer; odd NP (not saying)

Results:
LDF
NP1: Xerge visited TUF, TUF visited BV
NP2: Royal visited no one, no one visited Royal
NP3: Someone visited themselves. It is a secret *wink, wink*

PR (replaced Viper)
NP1: Drafter visited Korashk
NP2: Drafter visited no one
NP3: Bluesteel visited Blackhawk
NP4: Logic visited F-16

HCP
NP1: Skips night action
NP2: Kills Drafterman
NP3: Targets Bluesteel (kill fails)

Korashk
NP1: Check BlackVoid's "Rorshach" claim - Truth
NP2: Check drafterman's "Hellboy" claim - False
NP3: Inactivity

Logic
NP 4: Kill F-16 (bulletproof survivor)

Character Claimed

01) BH - ????? - Double Voter
02) Medic - Mr. Fantastic
03) LK - Wonderwoman

Glad you took credit for the kill. I can confirm that logic did this.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 7:34:20 PM
I can confirm that logic visited f-16. thad did as well.

Dang.. he could ask tv any yes/no question. That would have been very helpful had he asked roles to benefit town. :\

anyone have any leads?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 7:56:14 PM
how did royal die?

Seems like korashk was the mafia kill, and logic killed f-16. I guess HCP killed royal? TBH, I'm not sure about hcp. Especially if logic can kill as well.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 8:07:38 PM
At 3/10/2012 8:00:54 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 3/10/2012 7:57:13 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
HCP, why did you target drafterman on np 2?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com...

cute :P But seriously though, just because drafter happened to be the joker doesn't make HCP innocent. Did you have any valid suspicion of drafter? what about royal? i already know why you decided to kill blue, and that reasoning was a little shaky, so...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 11:13:44 PM
Ok, I lied about my role. I was superman - bulletproof/lynchproof/doctor. But if Lex Luthor targeted me (with kryptonite), which he did last NP, I lose all my powers. It says in my role to fake claim.

But no point not claiming now that I'm vanilla.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 11:36:18 PM
At 3/10/2012 11:13:44 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Ok, I lied about my role. I was superman - bulletproof/lynchproof/doctor. But if Lex Luthor targeted me (with kryptonite), which he did last NP, I lose all my powers. It says in my role to fake claim.

An interesting claim. I'll believe it for now. Just to clear things up, who have been your doctor targets on each NP up to now?

I'd also like to ask the town in general (haven't been here the entire game) whether the Mafia have actually obstructed things much this game. Has there been a roleblocker, a role switcher or anything? From what I've seen it appears not. Maybe the Mafia are not openly displaying such powers until they can use them to win, yet if what Bluesteel says is true then maybe the Mafia has minimal power.

In the absence of leads or any ideas on what we should do I recommend that Medic and LK role claim. We need to develop a plan of action to hunt down the Mafia. At this point we've really only got 3 confirmed townies (PR, LDF, myself) . That's means that the Mafia are among 6 other people.

Also, forgot to say it earlier, but my prediction that a 3rd party would survive a death came true - 1 shot bulletproof for F-16. I told town that 3rd parties would be hard to kill (cults are hard to kill for instance) .
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 11:43:19 PM
^^^^^^^ this.

Thanks for bringing that up, logic.

f-16 was one-shot. that means when logic took him out, he had already been shot at once.

HCP lied and said he targetted no one np 1 so he could appear as vig, when in reality, he attempted to kill f-16 np 1. What townie would do that.....?

Vtl HCP

unless logic says something like his power is immune to that stuff, we've got a dead ringer here.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 12:19:13 AM
At 3/11/2012 12:14:03 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Okay. I think medics claim is rather weak and I would like a role claim from him.

Vtl Medic

Sounds pretty good...I guess...

VTL Medic
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 5:25:12 AM
At 3/10/2012 11:13:44 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I believe this, and can confirm that Lex Luthor is in the game. In fact, if LK is silenced like I think he is, then LK is Lex, not Wonder Woman. I'll explain more about how I know this later.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 5:45:57 AM
At 3/11/2012 12:14:03 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Okay. I think medics claim is rather weak and I would like a role claim from him.

Vtl Medic

I had planned on partial claiming anyway later on today because if LK is silenced then it means he's Lex Luthor. You guys can unvote, I'll claim later today, without pressure, after he's had more time to post. He was posting in the other game last night so if he's not silenced I'm not sure why he didn't post in here.

VTL LK

Who did you track np 3?? I understand your reasoning for withholding that info but that person may need some help confirming themselves, and I think you can do that
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 10:32:36 AM
At 3/11/2012 10:31:46 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Logic = obvious serial killer. And F* you. Now I got killed in all the games I am in. Maybe it is a good thing since I am busy.

And LDF = obvious mafia. So obvious...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 11:33:47 AM
Ok, it's past noon and LK was online 30 minutes ago but still didn't post so I'm going to assume that he can't. As part of my role I was given a few 1 shot abilities and a task in order to recharge them. I was initially told that later in the game I'd be given a character that I had to find, and if I did they would be silenced. At the end of dp 2 I was told that I needed to find Lex Luthor. Last night I guessed LK, and so far today he has been silent. This means that he is LL and not WW, and LL is obviously going to be mafia or at least third party.

I know many people don't like to lynch someone who isn't able to defend himself but in this case I don't see the point in waiting till next day phase. He'll deny being silenced, I'll bring up that he was posting in the other game and he'll wifom for 20 pages, so I don't see the point in waiting. If I'm lying you can just lynch me next dp, or vig kill me. Also I believe LDF can kind of confirm me if she would release the info about night 3.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 11:56:40 AM
At 3/11/2012 11:33:47 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Ok, it's past noon and LK was online 30 minutes ago but still didn't post so I'm going to assume that he can't. As part of my role I was given a few 1 shot abilities and a task in order to recharge them. I was initially told that later in the game I'd be given a character that I had to find, and if I did they would be silenced. At the end of dp 2 I was told that I needed to find Lex Luthor. Last night I guessed LK, and so far today he has been silent. This means that he is LL and not WW, and LL is obviously going to be mafia or at least third party.

I know many people don't like to lynch someone who isn't able to defend himself but in this case I don't see the point in waiting till next day phase. He'll deny being silenced, I'll bring up that he was posting in the other game and he'll wifom for 20 pages, so I don't see the point in waiting. If I'm lying you can just lynch me next dp, or vig kill me. Also I believe LDF can kind of confirm me if she would release the info about night 3.

unvote

I just check it out, and I think that we are at LYLO. If we mislynch we auto lose, and if we don't lynch we pretty much auto lose.

This could be a trap. I kinda believe that LK is silenced, but it could be a mafia move. I'm not really buying it...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 12:27:28 PM
Good morning guys. I have replaced HCP. I don't know if he claimed yet, but I am the punisher. I killed RP last night (sorry but after reading through the last DP I didn't believe her claim).
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:35:12 PM

medic, i did track you. i watched you np 3. you visited yourself. that is why i voted for you. at first i thought you were the doctor, but bluesteel was the doc. i was trying to think of any other possible role that would target itself, and all i came up with was a lawyer or mafia doctor. so you are claiming to have used one of your abilities to protect yourself? why did you use it on np 3? what did you use on the other nights?

I don't think this necessarily completely clears you. You could have figured out I targeted you and crafted your role around it. Mafia could have silenced lk. what is the justification of your role?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:38:08 PM
At 3/11/2012 11:56:40 AM, PartamRuhem wrote:

unvote

I just check it out, and I think that we are at LYLO. If we mislynch we auto lose, and if we don't lynch we pretty much auto lose.

This could be a trap. I kinda believe that LK is silenced, but it could be a mafia move. I'm not really buying it...

Do you think LK is the type to just let me say these things and not respond when he's online and posting in other games?? Yes, it could be a bus, but really that's a chance you take anytime someone reports that they've found scum. Why would I do that right now if I were mafia?? It would be a stupid mafia move, to have town down and give up one of my own guys, putting my own neck on the line in the process.

BS has confirmed that LL is in this game, but if you look I mentioned LK being silenced before BS even told us about LL and the kryptonite.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:44:27 PM
At 3/11/2012 2:38:08 PM, medic0506 wrote:
BS has confirmed that LL is in this game, but if you look I mentioned LK being silenced before BS even told us about LL and the kryptonite.

Okay medic. I'll believe you for a second here. unvote

Say there are four mafia members and we are at lylo right now. who could they be? LK, Blackhawk (double voter could be watered down mafia politician), V-K (not completely buying a tracker + tracker/watcher) and....?

Sorry but it seems almost impossible that TV would put those players up against Medic, Drafter, Blue, F-16, Royal, Me, Tuf, etc. Not that they are BAD but they aren't the most active or the most cunning.

Do you think there is only third parties?
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:18:35 PM
Okay, only got a few minutes to speak (morning) , but let me discuss what we need to do.

We need to rally around our known townies.

Known townies are me, PR and LDF. It's then very likely that Blue is town. I do have a question about Thaddeus being confirmed along with him.

Thaddeus is an odd NP role cop. Why was he visiting somebody last night?Last night was an even NP.

At the moment, HCP / TUF's results add up. Let's presume they're a vigilante.

That leaves BH, LK and Medic. Medic and LK are clearly on opposing teams. If my point about Thaddeus is right then it's Thaddeus, BH and one of LK, Medic and Bluesteel, which likely means LK.

At this point I think Blackhawk is our most likely Mafia. Just saying though, this quick thought experiment makes a lot of assumptions.