Jump to topic:

HvV Mafia: Comic Book Edition - ENDGAME

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:03:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
That's a spectacular double Joker win, WITH Batman left alive as they were both unable to kill him. This fulfilled the special win task I gave Logic_on_Rails.

FIRST PLACE: Serial Killers
SECOND PLACE: Town
THIRD PLACE: Mafia
FOURTH PLACE: Survivor
FIFTH PLACE: Cult

TEH ROLES

Heroes [11]

Lickdafoot: You are BATMAN, the Caped Crusader and Dark Knight of Gotham. You are the WATCHFUL TRACKER. Each night you may choose one person. You will WATCH them and be notified of anyone who visits them. You will also TRACK them and be notified if they visit anyone. You win with the town.
[MOD NOTE: Cannot be killed by Joker]

bluesteel: You are SUPERMAN, Man of Steel. You are the INVINCIBLE PROTECTOR. You are both BULLETPROOF and LYNCH-PROOF. Each night you may choose one person and PROTECT them from death. You have one weakness; kryptonite. If you are exposed to this substance, you are striped of your invincibility and in your weakened state, will be unable to protect anyone. Your arch-nemesis is aware of this and possesses some kryptonite, so claim carefully. You win with the town.
[MOD NOTE: If targeted by LEX LUTHOR, will lose all abilities and become Vanilla]

vmpire321, replaced by Korashk(2): You are DAREDEVIL. After being splashed in the face with radioactive chemicals as a child you became completely blind, BUT all your other senses were increased to superhuman levels. As such you can't be fooled by lies. You are the UNMASKER. Each night you may choose a character claim and be told whether it is the truth. You win with the town.

Hardcore.Pwngraphy, replaced by TUF(2): You are THE PUNISHER. Once a legendary government agent, you retired highly decorated only to see your entire family brutally murdered by a crime lord. You are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may choose one player and attempt to kill them. You win with the town.
[Mod note: The Punisher is also the MILLER and appears guilty to all types of investigations.]

BlackVoid: You are RORCHACH, the anti-hero. You hate humanity, but nevertheless strive to fight crime, albeit brutally. You are the BRUTAL COP. Each night you may INVESTIGATE one person and check their alignment. However, you brutalise people to get that information and as a result, that person will also be ROLEBLOCKED. You win with the town.

kyro90: You begin the game as BRUCE BANNER, mild-mannered scientist, VANILLA TOWNIE. However, after being exposed to gamma radiation, you are not a regular man. In times of extreme stress and anger, you will transform into THE EVERLOVING HULK, the green, near-indestructible, uncontrollable smashing machine. If anyone of any alignment visits you during a night phase while you are BRUCE BANNER, (assuming you survive) you will transform… While you are the INCREDIBLE HULK, you are the REFLECTOR; you will reflect any night action used on you back onto that person. After two nights as the HULK, you will transform back to BRUCE BANNER. You win with the town.

blackhawk1331, replaced by royalpaladin(2): You are the friendly neighbourhood SPIDER-MAN. You are the HERO OF THE PEOPLE. You take one more vote than normal to lynch. Your vote counts as two votes. If you are killed, one day phase will be skipped. Your arch-nemesis is searching for you, so be careful claiming! You win with the town.
[MOD NOTE: If STALKED by GREEN GOBLIN, will become HATED BY THE PEOPLE and will lose his double vote and take one less vote to lynch.]

Viper-King, replaced by PartumRuhem: You are *ka-ching ka-ching* WOLVERINE. You are the TRACKER. Each night you may choose one player and see if and who they visit. You are also the DELAYED SELF-REVIVER. Because of you are almost completely indestructible, you cannot be permanently killed by normal means. As such, if you are lynched or killed during the night, you will return to the game two day and night phases later, assuming the game is still running. There is one set-back to your adamantium skeleton; if you come into contact with MAGNETO, you will be killed permanently as he is the only being (in this game anyway) capable of destroying you and he knows it. You win with the town.

royalpaladin(1): You are AQUAMAN, the… fish whisperer. Unfortunately for you, you exist in a world where superheroes are awesome. You have some powers but you're pretty underwhelming compared to some of your peers. Therefore you are the TREE-STUMP. You require one less vote to lynch and you cannot vote yourself. You win with the town.

Korashk(1): You are RICK GRIMES, hardened survivor in the zombie apocalypse. You are an awesome character, but you lack any powers. You are the TOWNIE SURVIVOR. You win with the town, but ONLY if you survive until the end of the game.

Xerge: You are IRON MAN, billionaire genius philanthropist with a super suit. Because of your history of bringing HEROES together, you are the MASON RECRUITER. Each night you may select one person and recruit them into the MASON PM. If you select a non-town player for recruitment, you will be killed and the MASONS disestablished. You win with the town.

Villains [3]

OberHerr, re
placed by Lordknukle: You are LEX LUTHOR, criminal mastermind and egomaniac. You are the GODFATHER. You will appear innocent to all types of investigations. You also possess KRYPTONITE. Each night you will select another player; if that player is SUPERMAN, the following night you will use the KRYPTONITE to rob him of his powers. You win with the mafia.

medic0506: You are DOCTOR DOOM, masked super-villain, ruler of Latveria and though without typical super-powers, extremely resourceful. Your schemes have been extremely varied in style over the years; therefore you are the MAFIA JACK-OF-ALL-TRADES.
Each night you may use one of the following abilities:
-Frame: The target will appear guilty to investigations.
-Driver: The two targets will have any abilities used on them swapped.
-Janitor: If the target has been killed (lynched, night-killed) but not had their information revealed, it will be hidden as long as you live.
-Lawyer: The target will appear innocent.
-Silencer: The target will not be able to speak the following day phase.
-Politician: You may manipulate the targets vote for the following day phase.
You may only use each of these abilities once.
You are also the UPSURPER. You win with the mafia, but only if the GODFATHER has been killed.

Thaddeus: You are GREEN GOBLIN, formally simply a genius bastard, exposure to an experimental substance has given you super powers while also making you quite insane. You are the ODD-NIGHT STALKER, EVEN-NIGHT ROLEBLOCKER. You have a vendetta against SPIDER-MAN. If you use your STALK ability on him, you will turn his role from a positive to a negative permanently. You win with the mafia.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:04:15 AM
Third-Party [3]
TUF(1): You are MAGNETO, leader of a violent pro-mutant movement. You are the CULT LEADER. Each night you may choose one player and recruit them into the CULT. Other 3rd Party Players CANNOT be recruited into the CULT, nor can members of SHIELD be recruited; attempting to recruit such players will result in a "FAIL". If you attempt to recruit WOLVERINE, you will kill him rather than recruit him. If you are killed, all members of the CULT will die along with you. You win when the CULT is the majority of living players.

drafterman: You are JOKER, psychopathic clown and lover of chaos. You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night you may select one player and attempt to kill them. You are also notoriously hard to kill and as such, are the ONE-SHOT SELF-REVIVER. The first time you are killed you will be shown as "Joker – Body is Missing" and will able to come back to life anytime during the next three day and night phases, at your discretion. You cannot kill BATMAN and if you target him, you will simply fail. You win when you are the last player remaining or the last player remaining with BATMAN.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon: You are DEADPOOL, wisecracking mercenary. You are the FOURTH-WALL BREAKING, ONE-SHOT BULLETPROOF SURVIVOR. While you will appear guilty to investigations, you may use your ability to communicate with external sources (that is, me) to your advantage. Each night you may ask me one YES/NO question and I will answer it completely honestly. Because of your mutant abilities, you are ONE-SHOT BULLETPROOF. You win if you survive until the end of the game.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:05:11 AM
Here are some notes I made on the game before I started it...

Game Mechanics explained:
Kryptonite mechanic: Superman is pretty much unstoppable role wise. He is very much over-powered. To counter this, I introduced the kryptonite mechanic; Lex Luthor is a passive role, but each night he may search for Superman. Anyone but Superman is not effected, but if he successfully targets Superman, Superman will be stripped of all powers for the rest of the game.

Exposed mechanic: Again, Spiderman is very powerful, though his role is passive. To counter this, I've got the Exposed mechanic. If the Green Goblin stalks Spiderman and learns his true identity, Spiderman will become the opposite of his role, Hated by the People. He will lose his double-vote and take one less vote to kill.

Transformation mechanic: I wanted the Hulk to transform, obviously and racked my brain trying to work out a way to do it. It came down to this: Bruce Banner is weak and can certainly die like any other human. However, if he feels threatened, he will transform and become the nearly unstoppable Hulk. Thus, Bruce Banner has to survive a night visit and the next night phase, he will be the Hulk. The reflector role was devised to signify that often the Hulk is dangerous to his team-mates as well, if he loses control.

4th Wall-Breaking Mechanic: This was mostly for lols, but I want to see a Survivor win for once, so this is what I came up with... A little bargaining chip. You see, Deadpool can talk directly to me and ask me any yes/no question he can come up with. I hope this isn't ridiculously broken and somehow allows him to work out who all the mafia are in one fell swoop, but Survivor is a hard role, so this evens things out a bit. He is also one-shot bulletproof, as flavour of his character dictates.

Self-Reviving: Wolverine is also extremely powerful in that he can't die permanently; to counter this, Magneto will permanently kill him if he either targets him or is targetted by him. I copied drafterman's Joker because he was so perfect! I modified the revive mechanic to make it a bit more useful; now Joker gets to choose when he returns to an extent. This allows him to use his revive more strategically then he (I) could in the Batman game. Also, the Joker can't frikkin' ever kill Batman!!! He's too much fun!

Other notes:
Controlling a powerful mafia: The mafia are going to think they've got lots of options and potential. They're a powerful 3 roles. Thus, Dr. Doom is thrown into the mix. He needs Lex Luthor to die, but if he kills him too quickly, he risks leaving Superman alive and fully powerful. He will need to be very strategic.

Nerfed Cult Leader: He's quite underpowered, right? Can't recruit other 3rd party, can't recruit SHIELD members, kills Wolverine permanently... I did this because with the really powerful role flying around, Cult could get too powerful, too quickly. Had to nerf him. Soz Magneto.

Town Survivor?: This was pure flavour, but I like the idea that a someone is town aligned, but also serves their own interests.

Poor Aquaman: Yep, Aquaman sucks. Helps balance a fairly powerful town.

Role-blocking cop? WTF?!: The Cop needed some negative attached, since we have 3 other investigative roles, Batman, Daredevil and Wolverine but none of the flavoured cops suited Rorchach flavour-wise. Hence, the Brutal Cop was born.

Unmasker again? You like that role eh?: I sure do! I hate the standard "everyone spam 'I win with the town' and we have a cop" lie detector, so this is just perfect.

Muh threads
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:08:45 AM
All I want to know if who killed me and why. I was looking forward to this, but for some reason I always die really fast in a TV game.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:13:56 AM
lNIGHT PHASE ONE

BlackVoid brutalises drafterman (Guilty; prevents kill)
TUF recruits BlackVoid (Successful)
Xerge recruits TUF (Dies)
vmpire321 checks BlackVoid's "Rorchach" claim (Truth)
lickdafoot targets TUF (Visited by Xerge, visits BlackVoid)
Viper-King tracks drafterman (Visits no-one)
bluesteel protects blackhawk1331
OberHerr checks drafterman (Fail)
drafterman kills Korashk (Roleblocked)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon asks "Is there a bulletproof in the game besides me?" (Yes)
Thaddeus stalks royalpaladin (Tree Stump)
medic0506 kills and janitors BlackVoid (successful)

NOTE: I fvcked up and released BlackVoids information; to recipricate this mistake, I gave medic0506 a free fake claim, Mr. Fantastic.

NIGHT PHASE TWO

lickdafoot targets royalpaladin (Visits no-one and is visited by no-one)
bluesteel protect blackhawk1331
vmpire321 checks drafterman's claim of "Hellboy" (False)
Hardcore.Pwnography kills drafterman (Successful!)
Viper-King tracks drafterman (See's him visit no-one)
OberHerr checks blackhawk1331 (Fail)
medic0506 kills and roleblocks F-16_Fighting_Falcon (Fail!)
Thaddeus roleblocks drafterman (Success)
drafterman kills OberHerr (Roleblocked)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon asks "Is bluesteel a townie?" (Yes)

NIGHT PHASE THREE
lickdafoot targets medic0506
vmpire321 is skipped due to inaction
Vigilante kills bluesteel (fails)
Tracker tracks bluesteel
Lordknuckle didn't check anyone but killed kyro90
medic0506 lawyers himself
Thaddeus stalks bluesteel
F-16_Fighting_Falcon asks "Is there are bodyguard?"

LOGIC_ON_RAILS IS INTRODUCED

NIGHT PHASE FOUR
lickdafoot targets F-16_Fighting_Falcon
TUF kills royalpaladin
Lordknukle targets bluesteel and kills Korashk(2)
medic0506 silences Lordknukle
Thaddeus roleblocks F-16_Fighting_Falcon
logic_on_rails kills F-16_Fighting_Falcon

NIGHT PHASE FIVE

lickdafoot targets Thaddeus (Visited by logic_on_rails)
TUF kills medic0506
PartumRuhem tracks medic0506 (Visited TUF, bluesteel and logic_on_rails)
medic0506 kills TUF(2)
Thaddeus stalks blackhawk1331 (receives no information, but blackhawk1331 is successfully gimped)
drafterman kills logic_on_rails, but is switched to bluesteel
logic_on_rails kills Thaddeus

NIGHT PHASE SIX
Irrelevant, since logic_on_rails only need to successfully kill PartumRuhem to win, which he did. If he died or not didn't matter.

Muh threads
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:14:49 AM
I don't TV, some roles were easier to win with than others. Like my survivor role, I not only had to get town off my back by fake-claiming, I also had to contend with the mafia and the serial killer. One shot bulletproof was good but when BOTH the mafia AND the serial killer killed me, it wasn't really that effective. The self-revive role for instance was a lot easier to win than a survivor.

I guess my strategy is that I could have shut up and pretended to believe Logic's claim and not make an enemy with the serial killer but then, I never thought town would buy his story. People suspected he might be third party. The DP after he killed me, it should have been obvious that he was the serial killer who simply targeted his biggest enemy but somehow Logic wasn't lynched.

This is what I was talking about in my "townies playing badly" thread.

@ Lickdafoot, I am not on a "high horse." I just thought that you and Bluesteel were two of the best players in this game and I figured, you would have seen through it, that's all. Yes, you have fooled me plenty of times as mafia and I am not really as good a townie as you or bluesteel but this was just so irritating.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:17:11 AM
THE FRANKENSTEIN MECHANIC
Named because I was essentially trying to revive a dead game, I came up with this will I was EXTREMELY high.

All I did was introduce a player who wasn't involved previously and made them the Amnesiac.

It worked flavour-wise, because both DC and Marvel have alternate dimensions and universes, so I named it "FROM AN ALTERNATE EARTH..."

Logic_On_Rails nearly chose Rorschach, but decided on Joker, making him EARTH-TWO JOKER.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:21:37 AM
I realised about DP3 that there was a really powerful loop with Batman and Superman targetting each other. Batman could have watched Superman's back and caught anyone who visited him and Superman would have made Batman unlynchable.

Muh threads
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:23:25 AM
At 3/14/2012 1:21:37 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I realised about DP3 that there was a really powerful loop with Batman and Superman targetting each other. Batman could have watched Superman's back and caught anyone who visited him and Superman would have made Batman unlynchable.

Makes sense. Superman was way overpowered though. Bulletproof and lynchproof. No idea why he needs to be lynchproof since the role was totally confirmable. I think it would have been better balanced if Superman was one-shot bulletproof and I was full-bulletproof.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:24:06 AM
At 3/14/2012 1:20:55 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
TV, why did you add Logic mid-game?

I wanted to do something unexpected in the hope it would spark interest and get people into the game more. It didn't work.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 1:26:58 AM
At 3/14/2012 1:23:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/14/2012 1:21:37 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Makes sense. Superman was way overpowered though. Bulletproof and lynchproof. No idea why he needs to be lynchproof since the role was totally confirmable. I think it would have been better balanced if Superman was one-shot bulletproof and I was full-bulletproof.

I maintain it was well balanced. Superman wasn't overpowered because he HAD to fake claim and there was an Unmasker. He could have lost his powers NP1 by coincidence and that would have been all she wrote.

Muh threads
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:00:36 AM
At 3/14/2012 1:24:06 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/14/2012 1:20:55 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
TV, why did you add Logic mid-game?

I wanted to do something unexpected in the hope it would spark interest and get people into the game more. It didn't work.

I think I managed to make the first DP I entered highly entertaining. Otherwise though Mafia were clearly trying to use inactivity as their winning strategy.

Turns out things were pretty close on NP 5. Luckily I got out of that though.

F-16, I know you're annoyed that I won, but I think you are criticising the town. The Mafia were a serious threat. At worst I was 3rd party, and, I'd been helping the town and so forth. You seem to think that I should have been the priority. Well, that'd be a foolish idea.

Got to say, it was really, really fortunate that I killed F-16 and he was third party. That NP worked perfectly . Without the investigative confirmation or me killing a 3rd party I would have come under very serious scrutiny in DP 5.

All in all, this was a very amusing game. I must thank TV for giving me this opportunity, it was excellent. Nevertheless, I think I did a decent job of it and I'm quite certain that very few players would have claimed 3rd party hunter. Say, 2 of my most memorable anti-town wins have come from insane fake claims (this one and my Pixar vs. Dreamworks fake claim!) . Maybe I should keep doing that.

This was quite an interesting game. Good work TV.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 5:19:24 AM
I think mafia was doomed from the beginning in this one.

As it turns out, making Superman vanilla and changing Spiderman's role wasn't all that helpful for the mafia. My JOAT role was the most powerful mafia role, and we did have a number of abilities, but the effects were minimized by the fact that we only had 3 mafia out of 18 players, and one of that 3 had to kill one of the other members, thus outing himself.

Also, we tried to janitor Blackvoid's brutal cop role but the role was posted anyway. I understand that mistakes happen, but that would have been a great role for us to have. If I'd had that cop role from the beginning it would have made the bus job on LK a whole lot less obvious. That was a backbreaker. Even though I got a free character claim, I was still locked in and limited on what I could roleclaim because of getting tracked by LDF.

Mods, don't use the mafia usurper role. It just plain sucks, especially when mafia is understaffed anyway.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 6:22:27 AM
At 3/14/2012 1:13:56 AM, tvellalott wrote:
lNIGHT PHASE ONE

F-16_Fighting_Falcon asks "Is there a bulletproof in the game besides me?" (Yes)

NOTE: I fvcked up and released BlackVoids information; to recipricate this mistake, I gave medic0506 a free fake claim, Mr. Fantastic.

Uhm, also... Korashk did die N1 but if I was role blocked by Blackvoid, how did the kill go through and how did Viper see me visiting him?

NIGHT PHASE TWO

NIGHT PHASE THREE
Tracker tracks bluesteel

NIGHT PHASE FOUR
TUF kills royalpaladin

NIGHT PHASE FIVE

TUF kills medic0506
medic0506 kills TUF(2)
Thaddeus stalks blackhawk1331 (receives no information, but blackhawk1331 is successfully gimped)

NIGHT PHASE SIX
Irrelevant, since logic_on_rails only need to successfully kill PartumRuhem to win, which he did. If he died or not didn't matter.

I have to say, this was an interesting turn of events. I hadn't imagined that Logic was a second Joker. I just figured me and whatever scum was left would off the town and I'd take second place to the mafia.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 6:33:03 AM
At 3/14/2012 6:22:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
lNIGHT PHASE ONE

Uhm, also... Korashk did die N1 but if I was role blocked by Blackvoid, how did the kill go through and how did Viper see me visiting him?

How did BV roleblock you when we killed him?? That block shouldn't have been allowed.

NIGHT PHASE TWO

NIGHT PHASE THREE
Tracker tracks bluesteel

NIGHT PHASE FOUR
TUF kills royalpaladin

NIGHT PHASE FIVE

TUF kills medic0506
medic0506 kills TUF(2)

NIGHT PHASE SIX

I have to say, this was an interesting turn of events. I hadn't imagined that Logic was a second Joker. I just figured me and whatever scum was left would off the town and I'd take second place to the mafia.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 7:02:42 AM
I kinda feel like the Town was OP, while the Mafia was somewhat powered up.......but I mean the "checks" against the towns powerful roles only work as long as the people are alive, and its based on luck really.

Not to mention you gave those roles to some of the best Mafia players on this site....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 7:24:00 AM
At 3/14/2012 6:33:03 AM, medic0506 wrote:
lNIGHT PHASE ONE

How did BV roleblock you when we killed him?? That block shouldn't have been allowed.

That must be it and TV just never changed his sheet to reflect BV being killed.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:45:59 AM
At 3/14/2012 7:24:00 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 3/14/2012 6:33:03 AM, medic0506 wrote:
lNIGHT PHASE ONE

That must be it and TV just never changed his sheet to reflect BV being killed.

Yep, that looks like what happened. We were last getting our actions in and he already had everything else worked out. The actions were done right, he just forgot to change those 2 parts on the list.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:39:06 AM
Meh, not my favorite tvellalot game. I want another Roald Dahl...

I just want to play in a straight up game.

In case you couldn't tell, I was not a fan of the tree stump. Don't you agree with my strategy tv? Even with any doubt, she may as well be lynched rather than no lynching since she has no vote.

I guess I don't really care that you added a serial killer. It was unfair but this game needed something to move it along. But I don't recommend that others do it (you know who you are :P).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:53:26 AM
At 3/14/2012 9:39:06 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Meh, not my favorite tvellalot game. I want another Roald Dahl...

I just want to play in a straight up game.

In case you couldn't tell, I was not a fan of the tree stump. Don't you agree with my strategy tv? Even with any doubt, she may as well be lynched rather than no lynching since she has no vote.

I guess I don't really care that you added a serial killer. It was unfair but this game needed something to move it along. But I don't recommend that others do it (you know who you are :P).

Oh. I don't know. I'm basically a tree stump in SciFi and that seems to be working out well.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:56:00 AM
You guys are too nice then. "Oh, let her play for fun." I'm gonna put a mafia tree/godfather in one of my games and you'll all lose...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 11:15:15 AM
At 3/14/2012 2:00:36 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

F-16, I know you're annoyed that I won, but I think you are criticising the town. The Mafia were a serious threat. At worst I was 3rd party, and, I'd been helping the town and so forth. You seem to think that I should have been the priority. Well, that'd be a foolish idea.

It is not like town had some brilliant idea on who the mafia were. There was no way your claim could be true and instead town wasted the entire day phase arguing with me and ending it in a no lynch when you could have been lynched.

I wasn't going to claim just because I busted the serial killer's claim as fake so I have no idea why BS and LDF were wasting their time on me.

Got to say, it was really, really fortunate that I killed F-16 and he was third party. That NP worked perfectly . Without the investigative confirmation or me killing a 3rd party I would have come under very serious scrutiny in DP 5.

Yeah, that was amusing. I figured you were pick me.

All in all, this was a very amusing game. I must thank TV for giving me this opportunity, it was excellent. Nevertheless, I think I did a decent job of it and I'm quite certain that very few players would have claimed 3rd party hunter. Say, 2 of my most memorable anti-town wins have come from insane fake claims (this one and my Pixar vs. Dreamworks fake claim!) . Maybe I should keep doing that.

This was quite an interesting game. Good work TV.

I'll give that your claim in Pixar vs Dreamworks was pretty good, but you did get lynched then. I'll call it epic if it actually fools ME.

*Waits for LDF to tell me I am an a-hole :P *

Really though, town was overpowered, kept focussing on absolutely pointless leads like Royal, Korashk, me, HCP and what not instead of figuring out who mafia/third parties are and lynching them.

I was trying to vicariously win through town since I knew I didn't have a chance with my role. Turns out that didn't work out either.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 3:12:58 PM
Having had second thoughts, perhaps my win wasn't at all impressive.

Nevertheless, there's a certain amount to be said for actually pulling a win off. You all were convinced I was 3rd party it sounds like. Fine. However, you let me persuade you into no lynching. Then, my only chance at staying alive was to find 3rd party, and I found the only one. I then later killed a Mafioso.

I'll agree that this claim didn't necessarily fool people. However, if you 'see' that a claim is false you've got to act. No point saying that you saw it was a lie yet didn't do anything about it. If anything, portraying myself as a 3rd party actually helped me survive. You were convinced I wasn't Mafia which meant I went way down the priorities list. Furthermore, there wasn't much room to manoeuvre with claims when you're inserted DP 4. Claim a random hero on the town side and you'll be suspected.

However, I do now agree that perhaps this was a fairly shallow win.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 3:19:23 PM
f-16 you are acting like you were town and caught a mafia. you were SCUM and it was obvious that you were scared of logic's 3rd party hunting ability.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 3:22:18 PM
lol yeah, F-16, if you were town, you'd have claimed right away and I would probably have just voted to lynch logic. You stalled a claim because you didn't have one.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 3:22:52 PM
At 3/14/2012 3:19:23 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
f-16 you are acting like you were town and caught a mafia. you were SCUM and it was obvious that you were scared of logic's 3rd party hunting ability.

I wasn't scared of it. I didn't believe it. I am being honest. I thought Logic was scum and went after him for that reason.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 3:24:29 PM
actually, *I* should be the one mad at town. If anyone had listened to me and lynched F-16, logic would have had no third party to kill in order to confirm himself...

Also, this is kind of bastard modding tvellalot. Putting a SK in is intervention, but whatever. But saying that whoever had the most votes would get lynched and then changing your mind to save a third party player is too far. You could have chosen whether to lynch the person or not based on where you wanted the game to go...