Jump to topic:

Quick mafia role question:

Oldfrith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:11:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know some other forums have this role, but I was wondering if DDO uses the inventor role?
You know how people, when they don't know the meaning of a word, automatically think it's appropriate?
Well, How about this one:
Schloop-Schloop-Ping-a-Pang-bong
Which means:
To play a vigorous game of monopoly
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:11:47 PM
Inventor as in they can invent new stuff every night? Sometimes.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Oldfrith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:13:00 PM
Thanks. I've been wondering that in a few games I've read, but it's never come up.
You know how people, when they don't know the meaning of a word, automatically think it's appropriate?
Well, How about this one:
Schloop-Schloop-Ping-a-Pang-bong
Which means:
To play a vigorous game of monopoly
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:14:00 PM
At 3/14/2012 8:11:00 PM, Oldfrith wrote:
I know some other forums have this role, but I was wondering if DDO uses the inventor role?

Mostly I've seen it used as a synonym for a JOAT, only they don't always know what their abilities are. I think the standard role has been used occasionally.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:25:30 PM
Technically we are not supposed to talk about current games, but it was my role in the HP game. (I died, so this is already public knowledge.) It was also in the HvV game.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:35:20 PM
I remember I was an inventor in JBlakes game a long time ago, and it was actually a pretty cool role. I wanted to implement that role into my DBZ game with a twist, that the inventor could invent any device he or she wanted each night with restrictions to it being game winning, and that it could only be used on one person. I decided to basically just turn it into a JOAT ability though, as I figured my original version would probably be way too overpowering, and that someone would end up figuring out how to manipulate it such that it is game winning.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:39:09 PM
Here are two inventors I've used...

From Roald Dahl versus Dr. Seuss:
You are WILLY WONKA, the INVENTOR. You really, really love candy and consequently make the best and most magical candy in the world, like Everlasting Gobstoppers and Ice-cream that doesn't melt. However, the testing process can be… unpredictable. Each night you may choose whether or not to give your latest invention to another player to try. There is a 20% chance it will cause something bad (but not fatal) to happen to them.

From HvV: Cartoon Edition:
You are DEXTER, the boy genius. Your role is the INVENTOR. Each night, you may choose to invent some new device, which you may use the following night if you choose. Some inventions are passive, but you MAY NOT invent and use an activated invention on the same night. You win with the town.
(MOD NOTE: Essentially, a flavoured Jack of All Trades; the powers the inventions will provide the player are predetermined based on the night phase they are invented; in this order: bulletproof, doctor, tracker, watcher, vigilante, cop, role-blocker, politician, doctor, watcher and vigilante.)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...