Harry Potter Mafia Endgame

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:22:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
First Place: TOWN

Second Place: Mafia (LDF, Zaradi, LK, Spinko, BH with TUF as a recruit)

Role PMs

1) Airmax1 – You are the Marauder's map. Your awesome magical abilities enable you to track and watch anyone within the Hogwarts school and its grounds. You are the TRACKER/WATCHER. Each night choose a player and find out who they visited and who visited them. However, you cannot track or watch any player outside of Hogwarts. You win with the town.

2) Viper-King1 – You are Sirius Black. Frustrated that the Ministry of Magic thinks you are a criminal and the Order of the Phoenix doesn't let you contribute, you take matters into your own hands. You are the VIGILANTE. Each night, you MUST choose a player to kill. You win with the town.

3) USM – You are a bludger, a heavy Quidditch ball that is used to smack players in their gut and distract them from their focus. Each night, you must roleblock a player. You win with the town.

4) Drafterman – You are Alastor Moody, Ex-AUROR. Each night, invetigate a player and find out whether they are a dark wizard. Your Mad-Eye enables you to also TRACK that player to find out who they visited. You have a sneakoscope, which lets you know if you have been visited by a dark wizard on any given night. You win with the town.

5) SocialPinko – You are Peter Pettigrew. For over 10 years, you have lived as Ron Weasley's rat, scabbers. You are very good at concealing your indentity. You are the NINJA. You cannot be tracked or watched. You can also "visit" a player each night (and do nothing) to fool anybody who may be checking what you are up to. You are also a 1X Janitor. You win with the mafia.

6) TUF – You are James Potter. In your time at Hogwarts, you were a maverick who never followed the rules. You bring Vigilante justice to Hogwarts. You are the DAYVIG. Each day phase, you may choose a player to kill. You win with the town.

7) LordKnukle – You are Bellatrix Lestrange, Voldemort's second in command. You torture people for fun. You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Each night, choose a player to roleblock. That player is prevented from using their night action. They also cannot be protected. You are a master of the Cruciatus Curse. You can make the next day phase very painful for that roleblocked player by making them require one less vote to be lynched. They also cannot vote that Day Phase. This only works for the first three Day Phases. You win with the mafia.

8) Jordan – You are Kingsley Shacklebolt. You are an AUROR. Muggles call you a "cop." Each night, investigate a player to find out whether they are a dark wizard. You win with the town.

9) Blackhawk, You are Barty Crouch Jr. You are the death eater stationed at Hogwarts and you know the intimate details of what the other side is planning. You are the TRACKER/WATCHER. Each night, choose a player and find out who they visited and who visited them.

10) TUF2 (replaced Medic). You are Hedwig. Each night, you can send a message to another player (500 characters max). You win with the town. *Recruited NP4*Additional abilities gained upon recruiting: Ninja, cannot be tracked or watched. You now win with the mafia.

11) Royalpaladin – You are Severus Snape. You are the SPY. You can be recruited to the Masons even though you are not a pure-blood. You are also the POTIONS MASTER. Each night, you can choose to either make a potion of your choice, use a potion that you have made, or give a potion that you made to another player. Here is a list of potions that you can make. Their effect will be known to you only after you make them. You win with the town.
- Veritaserum
- Polyjuice potion
- Felix Felicis
- Draught of living death
- Essence of Dittany
- Invisibility Potion

12) Jordan2 (replaced Viper2) (replacing Tvellalott) - You are Gwenog Jones, captain of the Holyhead Harpies. Each night, you must choose a player and redirect their night action to a player of your choice. You win with the town.

13) Xerge – You are Hermione Granger. You are the Master of All Trades (MOAT). You have a number of abilities and can use them an unlimited number of times.
1X Protect
1X Track
1X Watch
You can't use the same abilities twice in a row, however. You may not protect yourself. You win with the town.

14) Lickdafoot – You are Lord Voldemort. You have such an aura about you that people are afraid to even say your name. You have a wide range of abilities.
(a) The Ministry of Magic refuses to recognize your return. Hence you appear INNOCENT to investigations.
(b) You are an expert on dark magic and have studied the subject deeply. You made seven horcruxes to preserve your life. Therfore it takes seven shots to kill you during the night.
(c) Each night, you can do one of these two things but not both.
(i) You can get inside the mind of another player and find out what their role is. You can then steal that role and use it on a player of your choice. You cannot steal kills.
(ii) You can summon an army of Inferi, i.e. you can choose a dead player and use their role on any other player. (Can't get extra kills).

15) BlackVoid (replaced HCP) – You are Luna Lovegood. Your favorite pastime is to look for crumple-horned snorkacks. Each night, visit a player to find out whether they have a crumple-horned snorkack. You win with the town.

16) Zaradi, You are Lucius Malfoy. You have great connections with influential people. Hence, you are the MASON RECRUITER. Each night, recruit a player. However, you can only recruit pure blood wizards. Beware though for there may be spies. Your Mason PM is a separate PM from the mafia PM. You win with the mafia.

Players remaining alive at the end:

17) Nonentity (replaced PartamRuhem) – You are Stan Shunpike. You run the knight bus. You are the bus driver. Each night, you must choose two players. All night actions occuring on those two players will be switched. You win with the town.

18) Thaddeus – You are the Fat Lady that covers the portrait hole of Gryffindor tower. Over the years, you have watched many Griffindor students come and go. You are the WATCHER. Each night, you watch over Gryffindor tower. Choose a player each night and find out who visited them.

19) Vmpire - You are Neville Longbottom. Your vast knowledge of plants and fungi enables you to fully utilize their medicinal properties. You are the DOCTOR. Each night, you can protect a player. You win with the town.

20) Airmax2 (replaced Kyro90) â€" You are Prof. Sinistra, a member of the Astronomy department. Each night, you stand on the top of the astronomy tower and get a great view. You are the WATCHER. You win with the town.

21) Bluesteel – You are Gregory Goyle, a slytherin student and the sidekick of Draco Malfoy. Your tough personality makes you BULLETPROOF. As a result, you cannot be killed during the night. You win with the town.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:26:01 PM
Nice. Good playing both royal (good instincts) and nonentity, who like me, managed to not get lynched despite overwhelming odds.

I think this games proves that as long as town has smart players and takes a deep breath sometimes, they don't give mafia a free pass and don't lynch townies too eagerly.

And yeah, mafia had terrible fake claims, especially at the end. Blackhawk could have made such a more convincing claim.

Royal deserves a second mention. I didn't even realize how suspicious it was that zaradi recruited LDF out of nowhere until she asked me about it.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:28:01 PM
So, what was up with the role redirector? Did jordan2 just get confused and forgot he redirected nonentity to two people?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:29:17 PM
Bluesteel I will ever forgive you for constantly mind fvcking me in askbob's games LOL I was so sure you were pulling some kind of intense reverse psychology with that claim.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:29:28 PM
Yeah, I made a mistake. I specifically requested Mad-Eye, since he's one of my favorite characters. But then I realized that he was most likely paranoid. Oh well.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:30:24 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:27:29 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
When in doubt, lynch LDF.

lol, if I had to guess before the game who would be voldemort, I'd have guessed her. Transparent mod psychology :P

And yeah, nonentity, I realized this in the last DP but you should have been switching random people with me in order to protect them. Technically, with royal and the watcher protecting each other and you switching me with someone else, there would be 4 people the mafia couldn't kill without a ninja.

Maybe that's why mafia screwed with your role so much. You could have also made them kill themselves.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:30:30 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:26:01 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Nice. Good playing both royal (good instincts) and nonentity, who like me, managed to not get lynched despite overwhelming odds.

I think this games proves that as long as town has smart players and takes a deep breath sometimes, they don't give mafia a free pass and don't lynch townies too eagerly.

And yeah, mafia had terrible fake claims, especially at the end. Blackhawk could have made such a more convincing claim.

Royal deserves a second mention. I didn't even realize how suspicious it was that zaradi recruited LDF out of nowhere until she asked me about it.

I actually had set that as a trap for you. I thought that you had told Zaradi to recruit her.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:30:38 PM
Mod Notes:

1) Airmax (1) the Marauder's map could only track/watch certain players - the ones that were in Hogwarts during Harry's time.

2) Thaddeus (fat lady) could only track Gryffindors. - This was the source of a lot of confusion. If he watched a Gryffindor and was bussed/redirected to a non-gryffindor, he would get no results.

3) Drafterman was the paranoid auror (cop) AND paranoid tracker. He would always get guilties ans would always track players to kills. His sneakoscope would light up all the time.

4) Crumple Horned Snorkacks DON'T EXIST. It was hilarious when people tried to figure it out.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:31:39 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:30:20 PM, nonentity wrote:
Yeah, f-16 what was up with that? I really thought you were out to get me until Voldemort's role was revealed...

I'm referring to when my role was redirected.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:31:43 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:28:01 PM, bluesteel wrote:
So, what was up with the role redirector? Did jordan2 just get confused and forgot he redirected nonentity to two people?

Jordan chose to redirect NonEntity to one player. I specifically told him to choose TWO targets. No idea why he didn't say that in the thread.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:32:03 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:29:17 PM, nonentity wrote:
Bluesteel I will ever forgive you for constantly mind fvcking me in askbob's games LOL I was so sure you were pulling some kind of intense reverse psychology with that claim.

lol. Possible I suppose, but mafia clearly tried to kill me NP1.

EVIL MAFIA. Glad I was bulletproof. Nothing is more lame than signing up for a game and getting killed NP1.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:34:27 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:30:38 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Mod Notes:

1) Airmax (1) the Marauder's map could only track/watch certain players - the ones that were in Hogwarts during Harry's time.

2) Thaddeus (fat lady) could only track Gryffindors. - This was the source of a lot of confusion. If he watched a Gryffindor and was bussed/redirected to a non-gryffindor, he would get no results.

3) Drafterman was the paranoid auror (cop) AND paranoid tracker. He would always get guilties ans would always track players to kills. His sneakoscope would light up all the time.

I figured as much, which is why I kept my results to myself. Though LK *was* guilty.

4) Crumple Horned Snorkacks DON'T EXIST. It was hilarious when people tried to figure it out.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:36:25 PM
I have all the night actions typed up in a spreadsheet so it is a pain to type them all over again, but I will if you guys want. I think it is pretty clear what happenned. LDF stole non-entity's role and bussed targets of her choice fvcking up nearly every result town could get.

Also, I allowed the mafia to recruit TUF because he was town and LDF accidentally sent him night actions letting him know who every person in the mafia was. I didn't think it was fair to kick him out of the game for no fault of his, so I put him in the mafia.

I'll post analysis in a bit.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:38:19 PM
so thadd lied and said he was a normal watcher, which was why LDF wasted her role screwing with him and not airmax? Is that right?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:38:21 PM
Zaradi, you got TUF because of a mistake, and not because you needed compensation. With the limitations on the town roles as well as some of the insane things that your roles could do, you guys were definitely overpowered this game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:40:00 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:38:19 PM, bluesteel wrote:
so thadd lied and said he was a normal watcher, which was why LDF wasted her role screwing with him and not airmax? Is that right?

No, he could only watch Gryffindors.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:40:10 PM
airmax gets honorable mention for his n00bness/luck. By choosing completely unpredictable watcher targets he caught mafia twice.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:40:40 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:40:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

My question though was why LDF chose to screw with him and not airmax, who ultimately caught her.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:41:55 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:36:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Also, I allowed the mafia to recruit TUF because he was town and LDF accidentally sent him night actions letting him know who every person in the mafia was. I didn't think it was fair to kick him out of the game for no fault of his, so I put him in the mafia.

Lol yeah I would have tried to get the town to strategically lynch them without actually outting how I knew they were all mafia. But I doubt it would have worked anyway, as the mafia would have just killed me.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:42:06 PM
Lol TUF was dead when I sent him the night actions. i just about flipped my sh!t when I saw him put in as a replacement. O.o he vtl'd me immediately that dp and everyone was like "wtf?"

Unfortunately, I didn't have too much fun this game. IDK, i just couldn't really get into it for some reason.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:43:16 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:42:06 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Lol TUF was dead when I sent him the night actions. i just about flipped my sh!t when I saw him put in as a replacement. O.o he vtl'd me immediately that dp and everyone was like "wtf?"

Unfortunately, I didn't have too much fun this game. IDK, i just couldn't really get into it for some reason.

The mafia was pretty inactive, the day phases went by slow, and it took a lot to get the town interested with all the confusion. That's probably why. The last few DP's got better though.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:43:45 PM
At 3/15/2012 1:40:40 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/15/2012 1:40:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

My question though was why LDF chose to screw with him and not airmax, who ultimately caught her.

I was hoping it would help steer towards a mislynch on him if he was getting faulty results. Also, I figured he'd more likely be the one to pick the right night actions since dp before, Airmax watched me even though I claimed one shot sensor.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...