Board Game Mafia END GAME

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:38:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
WINNERS - MAFIA!!!

Spinko (thad) Balderdash - You advance by deceiving your opponents into believing your lies. Therefore, you have evasive powers. You can pick each night whether you want to show up innocent on investigation or to carry out a kill without being seen. You win with mafia.

Blackvoid Risk - You are the game that never ends and your sole mission is to conquer everyone. Thus, you can roleblock one player each night. You win with mafia.

Partam Chutes & Ladders - You are a pesky little chance game full of ups and downs. You go up the ladder by placing votes on people. You go down the chute by receiving votes. Any amount of unvotes and revotes in any dp counts as 2 votes per the same directed player. Your place on the board is determined at the end of each dp. At certain intervals, you will gain a power. Your spot on the board carries over to the next dp. You win with mafia.

When you reach spots on the chute side, you will be forced to use the power that night period. For example, if you acquire 8 votes and have voted 2 times, you will have a score of -6, which will require the -5 role to be activated. Each role will be used only one time.

-20 - Mafia kill will have 50% success rate.
-5 - Roleblock will not go through
5 - Framing power
10 - Tracking power
20 - Bus drive power
30 - Rolesteal power

Xerge Scrabble - You are the master of words. Therefore, you have the ability to target one person a night and see their role pm. You win with the mafia.

TUF Monopoly - You are the popular game with a little bit of strategy and a lot of chance. Therefore, each night you may role a pick a number 1-6. Two numbers will give you the power to watch any player and see who has visited them. Two numbers give you the power to check an affiliation. One number sends you to go, which allows you to be bulletproof. One number sends you to jail, which eliminates your powers for the current night and the night after. You win with town.

Lorknukle Chess - You are the master of strategy and have to decipher your opponents moves ahead of time. Therefore, you have the power to track one player a night to see who they have visited. You win with town.

TV (torres) Life - You give a person the opportunity to fulfill all of their dreams in one short game. Therefore, you have the power to protect one person a night from a night kill. But make sure they are headed down the right path, or you might roleblock them instead of protect them! (¼ chance of roleblock) You win with town.

Medic Clue - You use deductive clues to solve murders. Therefore, you have the power to investigate two dead bodies. You can investigate one night killed body to see the role of the killer. You can investigate one lynched body to see the role of the person to hammer. You win with town.

Royal Operation - You understand the frustration of luck and rely solely on meticulous skill. Therefore, each night you may operate on a player to take the chance factor out of their role. This will allow them to have full access to their powers. But be careful! You will risk removing mafia's handicaps as well as towns, so choose wisely. You win with town.

Monopoly - unlimited joat
Yahtzee - unlimited vig
Trouble - not required to use
Candyland - pick from lynchers
Life - will not roleblock
Clue - will see killers name, can pick from lynchers
Chutes& Ladders - all ladders available, no chutes
Balderdash - both each night

Lanna Battleship - You are a game of placement and strategy. You are bulletproof. Certain players in the game have battleships. Target a player each night. If they have a battleship, they will die. If you sink 3 battleships before you die, you win.

Thaddeus Candyland - Children love you more than any other game and will be distraught if your board gets lost or damaged. You are the Beloved Board Game. If you are lynched, a day phase is skipped and the hammerer will die. If you are night killed, a night phase is skipped. You win with town.

Jordan Trouble - You love to stir things up by bumping players all around the board. Thus, you are the reverser. On alternating nights, pick two players and switch who they target. You cannot forfeit this role more than one night in a row or else reversals will be placed on random people. You win with town.

F- 16 Guess Who? - You are trying to pick those pesky little buggers out of the bunch. Each NP, you can check a players character claim to see if it is true. You win with town.

Zaradi Yahtzee! - you are not a board game so you will appear guilty on investigations. You sweep the game if you can role all like dices, but the odds are slim and rely on luck. Each night, pick a number 1-4. If my RNG hits that number, you will acquire a vig power that can be used any of the following night periods. You win with town.

M.Torres Cranium - Your sole mission is to bring a family together. Therefore, you can recruit one person a night into a mason pm. You may only recruit up to 3 players at a time. If you recruit a mafia member, you will die. You win with town.

OldFrith (medic) Pictionary - You use your creativity to capture the moment. One np only, you may revive one player to bring them back from the grave. You win with the town.

This turned out to be a hard game for town. I gave them quite a few different types of investigative powers but most of them had limits. A lot of town's efficiency relied on Operation to get rid of the setbacks, and mafia gained a great advantage when PR got full utilization of his role. Mafia had a couple sketchy games such as risk and balderdash but they got away with claiming them which made f-16's role useless. I anticipated that, and allowed Medic's role to catch at least one mafia in the act, but town lynched him before he got the chance to. I think mafia night killing the beloved that early in the game also hampered town a bit. Trouble also messed things up for town, especially when he got zaradi to target himself.

Mafia won by laying low and allowing a few of their night action ploys to skew results.

I think next game I will make it a bit more straight forward by leaving out a mafia joat and making character claims more definitive.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:40:40 PM
Oh, by the way, the doctors night actions weren't in on the final np, but mafia stole torres' role, so there was no way they could not have won at that point.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:46:44 PM
At 3/22/2012 9:38:55 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

This turned out to be a hard game for town. I gave them quite a few different types of investigative powers but most of them had limits. A lot of town's efficiency relied on Operation to get rid of the setbacks, and mafia gained a great advantage when PR got full utilization of his role. Mafia had a couple sketchy games such as risk and balderdash but they got away with claiming them which made f-16's role useless. I anticipated that, and allowed Medic's role to catch at least one mafia in the act, but town lynched him before he got the chance to. I think mafia night killing the beloved that early in the game also hampered town a bit. Trouble also messed things up for town, especially when he got zaradi to target himself.

Mafia won by laying low and allowing a few of their night action ploys to skew results.

I think next game I will make it a bit more straight forward by leaving out a mafia joat and making character claims more definitive.

Oops. actually, Lannan killed thad on np 1.

I forgot to save my np 3 action list. IF night actions are requested, I'll bite the bullet and post them up but it might take me a while.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:49:53 PM
Who had the battleships?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:50:05 PM
I am angered by the town's refusal to pressure Socialpinko. He was able to get away with not claiming because of "n00b theory". Most mods do not even make the n00bs Mafia, so there is no reason to not mix in an experienced player with the n00bs on DP1.

Again and again he refused to claim, and nobody even did anything. He was even making fun of me for trying to pressure him at one point.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:51:33 PM
At 3/22/2012 9:50:05 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I am angered by the town's refusal to pressure Socialpinko. He was able to get away with not claiming because of "n00b theory". Most mods do not even make the n00bs Mafia, so there is no reason to not mix in an experienced player with the n00bs on DP1.

Again and again he refused to claim, and nobody even did anything. He was even making fun of me for trying to pressure him at one point.

To be fair - he was copped inno.
And he went MIA around halfway through DP 2. I came in DP 4
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:57:11 PM
At 3/22/2012 9:49:53 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Who had the battleships?

everyone who could be operated on also had a battleship.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:57:48 PM
At 3/22/2012 9:47:56 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Can you post the Mafia PM?

i don't remember how O.o but if someone else wants to...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:04:54 PM
At 3/22/2012 9:57:48 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 3/22/2012 9:47:56 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Can you post the Mafia PM?

i don't remember how O.o but if someone else wants to...

You should create a Google Account and then just copy and paste it into a Google Doc.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:10:43 PM
I can't believe nobody even noticed how outrageously I was voting in the first couple DPs. I remember some posts had like literally 5 VTL's in them.

It was a great mafia win though. Town was utterly lost among the bus driving and percentage claims. I could easily claim 33% bodyguard with royals role being outed and everyone expecting a lot of percentage or "broken" roles.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:13:25 PM
Interesting game, although I didn't really like some of the game mechanics like reviver. Also, I really wish TUF defended himself rather than just say "lynch me, then lynch Jordan and F-16 when I end up town." Me and Jordan were both town as well so it reallt didn't make sense to set up a double townie lynch and a vig-kill. Was I vig-killed? Who killed me?

Yeah, and BlackVoid would probably be gloating about his awesome escape in the mafia PM. We had it narrowed down to BlackVoid or Medic though and once Medic flipped inno, BV was going to get lynched next anyways.

As for the others, I didn't really suspect PR a lot although once Thad claimed a 7th investigative role, I knew he was mafia but was offline. Wish we caught onto that.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:15:20 PM
At 3/22/2012 10:10:41 PM, Xerge wrote:
Err...May I request the mafia pm not be posted?

Can you just pm it to me then? I want to see what horrible things you said about people :p
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:17:51 PM
@ f-16. I did defend myself. No one responded to any of it, instead just bandwagoned and lynched me.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:17:54 PM

TV (torres) Life - You give a person the opportunity to fulfill all of their dreams in one short game. Therefore, you have the power to protect one person a night from a night kill. But make sure they are headed down the right path, or you might roleblock them instead of protect them! (¼ chance of roleblock) You win with town.

Fvck! I am SO pissed off at this inactivity. I TOLD PR that I will ONLY buy his claim if there is no doc. Once MTorres claimed, PR should have been lynched. Why didn't you guys wait for MTorres to claim instead of rushing the lynch on TUF? Patience would have helped here.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:23:39 PM
At 3/22/2012 10:21:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Xerge was the only one who completely slipped under the radar. Never suspected him - not even for a moment. Good job Xerge.

That's how it always is. Its not like he is inactive, but he is a moderate player. He'll pop in to give a little bit of insight, maybe cast a vote here and there, but isn't so active that people will suspect him. Its like this with him in like every game.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:26:16 PM
At 3/22/2012 10:18:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
My curiousity is piqued. BlackVoid, you have to show me this PM.

Nothing too interesting. I posted about a fight I got into. That's about it.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:27:46 PM
At 3/22/2012 10:17:51 PM, TUF wrote:
@ f-16. I did defend myself. No one responded to any of it, instead just bandwagoned and lynched me.

No, you said to lynch you, and if you flip innocent, to lynch me and Jordan. I think town had trouble coming together and rushed things a bit. I wish I was online more but unfortunately I won't be able to be as active as I once used to be.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:32:15 PM
At 3/22/2012 10:27:46 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
No, you said to lynch you, and if you flip innocent, to lynch me and Jordan. I think town had trouble coming together and rushed things a bit. I wish I was online more but unfortunately I won't be able to be as active as I once was.

Feel free to go back and read the DP. I made arguments that no one responded to. It was basically either believe jordan or me, and you chose jordan. There wasn't a whole lot I could do about it. Jordan fvked me bad. Not much else could have made a difference unless certain players were more active.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:36:20 PM
At 3/22/2012 10:17:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Fvck! I am SO pissed off at this inactivity. I TOLD PR that I will ONLY buy his claim if there is no doc. Once MTorres claimed, PR should have been lynched. Why didn't you guys wait for MTorres to claim instead of rushing the lynch on TUF? Patience would have helped here.

For what it's worth, Xerge and PR both put their votes up pretty quickly for the hammer.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:37:32 PM
At 3/22/2012 10:36:20 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 3/22/2012 10:17:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

For what it's worth, Xerge and PR both put their votes up pretty quickly for the hammer.

Yeah, just like we did tha last DP. WE RUIN PEEPS.