Jump to topic:

Shakugan no Shana Mafia Survey

Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 9:16:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hello everyone. My turn to mod is coming up soon and I want to do a Shakugan no Shana themed game. However, I am concerned that many people are not familiar with the anime. I was planning on giving a link to a wiki that describes all of the characters that I would use, and would try to limit the use of outside information, but admittedly knowledge about either the show or novels would aid you in the game. How many people here are familiar with the show, the novels, or both? Would it be better if I switched themes to something more familiar to the DDO crowd if most people do not know much about it?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 9:27:22 PM
At 3/24/2012 9:16:23 PM, Mestari wrote:
Hello everyone. My turn to mod is coming up soon and I want to do a Shakugan no Shana themed game. However, I am concerned that many people are not familiar with the anime. I was planning on giving a link to a wiki that describes all of the characters that I would use, and would try to limit the use of outside information, but admittedly knowledge about either the show or novels would aid you in the game. How many people here are familiar with the show, the novels, or both? Would it be better if I switched themes to something more familiar to the DDO crowd if most people do not know much about it?

To answer your question: No. Stick with your theme. If the players involved in your game know nothing about the anime, your game will increase their knowledge of it. Mafia will be fun no matter what the theme is, and plus you will have more fun modding and creating roles to a theme you are familiar with. People will be researching character claims and sequences during the game, and will inevitablly learn something about the game. You might just turn someone on to a new favorite anime!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:13:05 PM

Yeah, I'm not a big anime person, but the theme of it I could really care less about. If it's mafia, I'm generally down for it.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:17:15 PM
I'm probably one of 2 or 3 people that are familiar, but yeah, theme isnt a big deal. Most people didnt know Misfits or Death Note either, but still had a good time.

Btw, you should make me Shana the bulletproof vig.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:18:07 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:17:15 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'm probably one of 2 or 3 people that are familiar, but yeah, theme isnt a big deal. Most people didnt know Misfits or Death Note either, but still had a good time.

Who said she was going to be in the game? Isn't the title of the show Shakugan no Shana? (/end sarcasm)
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:19:07 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:18:07 PM, Mestari wrote:

Who said she was going to be in the game? Isn't the title of the show Shakugan no Shana? (/end sarcasm)

Well you never know. F-16 ran a Harry Potter game with no Harry Potter.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:19:50 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:19:07 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Which was really freaking funny.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:23:21 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:19:50 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 3/24/2012 10:19:07 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Which was really freaking funny.

Somebody should do a celebrity mafia game only using unknown people as characters.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:32:19 PM
I would not worry about the theme being obscure. Focus on making an enjoyable, complex game.

For example, my next game will be based on Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds. I am pretty sure nobody knows anything about the show except for me.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:44:07 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:32:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I would not worry about the theme being obscure. Focus on making an enjoyable, complex game.

For example, my next game will be based on Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds. I am pretty sure nobody knows anything about the show except for me.

I actually used to like Yu-Gi-Oh!
Before it got really retarded around the time of Duel Academy and I stopped watching the shows and focused on playing the game.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:45:58 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:44:07 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Before it got really retarded around the time of Duel Academy and I stopped watching the shows and focused on playing the game.

Yeah, GX was atrocious. 5D's definitely revived both the show and the card game, however. It was hands down the best Yu-Gi-Oh! series; it was actually targeted at teens and it discussed philosophy.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:47:49 PM
I stopped watching around the same time Zaradi did. But my favorite moment I remember was when Yami used the Seal or Orichalcos. That ep was BA.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:48:07 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:45:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah, GX was atrocious. 5D's definitely revived both the show and the card game, however. It was hands down the best Yu-Gi-Oh! series; it was actually targeted at teens and it discussed philosophy.

Really, now that's suprising.
I dunno, I guess I'm not a big fan of anime to begin with because I find it really freaking cliche and cheesy.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:52:25 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:50:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Do either of you watched the Abridged Series?

Nope.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:54:33 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:45:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I object!!!!
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 2:33:19 AM
My thread has been hijacked like twice already haha.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 2:50:49 AM
At 3/25/2012 2:33:19 AM, Mestari wrote:
My thread has been hijacked like twice already haha.

That's what you get for posting it on the forums :P
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 10:46:19 AM

I know nothing about anime, and it's not something that interests me personally, but there are alot of people who are interested in it, and obviously you are so I say you should go ahead with it. Mods should try to offer a wide variety of themes because we all have varying interests. When mods do themes that they have interest in, they are more likely to put together a game that is fun and well balanced. Go for it.