Defenders of time - Reality 1

Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:24:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Reality 1

You each awaken from stasis. You are all in completely dark separate spaces. There is no light and no gravity. You hear a woman's voice: "You have all been chosen to correct anomalies in the fabric of space and time. There is a highly dangerous individual, known only to us as Enigma who has caused great damage to reality for his own ends. Your mission is to prevent catastrophic collapse in realities.
However, there are some among us, who do not trust the Isochronic Mortals and do not believe you are capable of the task. Therefore, your first task is a test, which will push all of you to your very limits. You will receive more information later. Follow orders and your timelines will be protected. Disobey, or fail and there will be the blood of millions on your hands."
*Paul Lockhart falls through a portal first*
He lands on a hard wooden floor. As he stands up, he sees that he is on a large deserted ship, shrouded in mist. At one end he can see a cabin and an upper deck, towards the other, a trapdoor leading to the lower deck. He also can see on either side of the ship, several odd devices hanging over the edge.

-The rest of you will arrive shortly. No speaking until you have arrived.

-Soon after you arrive, you will be contacted and given further information. Use the time before hand acquaint yourselves with each other

-If you wish to submit an action bold it, otherwise we will assume you are talking in character. Out of character speech should be kept to a minimum and put in ((double brackets))

-Stay in character. Don't reveal mechanics of the game, such as listing your abilities without due cause

-Two character deaths ends the phase automatically – unlike koopin's game
phases are not necessarily linked to day and night

-Don't do something that you think might piss me off without clearing it with me first. I probably haven't thought of everything in the rules. That said none of you guys seem like munchkins so we should be fine

-If two people are alone together they can open a pm, however, I must be included. Also I must confirm you are alone before you do so. (Therefore, no saying I walk to lower deck to where Boris is, and then opening a pm with him before I have confirmed you are alone)

-There is overall a light-hearted larger than life feel to the game. Gritty realism has little place here.

Players:
1. Viper-king
2. Stephen Hawkins
3. Airmax
4. Jordan56
5. TUF
6. Koopin
7. RoyalPaladin
8. Buddamoose

I hope this can live up to the lofty heights of Koopins. Let the battle for sentient life, the universe and your very lives... Begin!
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:34:31 PM
((MOD NOTE: In case you haven't realised, I'm not using player names. However, if I must I will. Anyway, converse, mingle, get to know your fellow saviours of the multiversse))
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:35:46 PM
At 4/3/2012 3:34:31 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
((MOD NOTE: In case you haven't realised, I'm not using player names. However, if I must I will. Anyway, converse, mingle, get to know your fellow saviours of the multiversse))

((And explore and examine your surroundings. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but the cat would have been bloody bored if he sat around with his eyes closed.))
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:43:38 PM
((Mod-note: the only actions you should take through your PMs are ones that you want to do in secret, or ones which only you will get info from (such as reading a book, the use of an informational power etc) ))
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:47:18 PM
*66165 looks around. He sees he is on a ship with several other individuals. What catches his eye first is what is almost certainly a Dragon, with a smartly dressed man collapsed on top of him. He also sees a man with a white bushy mustache dressed in military garb looking bewildered (as posh people are wont to do) and another man standing towards the bow of the ship*
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:51:01 PM
At 4/3/2012 3:50:04 PM, Koopin wrote:
First!

I wanna play...... *cries*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:51:31 PM
*waits for arrival
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:01:54 PM
*Last to arrive is Mary. Experienced in portal travel, she lands smoothly and mechanically onto the wood of the ship's deck*

((Everyone is here - next update from the Guardians in fifteen minutes))
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:02:07 PM
*smiles up towards jack momentarily in relief, then balances myself on the ground*

What manner of witch craft have I just awoken into!? What are these machinations I behold with thine eyes? and who are you brutes that stand before me?
Debate.org Moderator
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:05:09 PM
At 4/3/2012 4:02:07 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
*smiles up towards jack momentarily in relief, then balances myself on the ground*

What manner of witch craft have I just awoken into!? What are these machinations I behold with thine eyes? and who are you brutes that stand before me?

((Brilliant, opening. I reward good roleplaying. Theres a translator btw, which is how everyone understands each other. Airmax is onto a winner - use *asterisks * or italic for actions I won't need to confirm, bold for things which might fail))
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:23:53 PM
The same female voice from the darkness speaks, this time from Paul's watch: "This ship will take you to the testing grounds. Do not attempt to steer it off course. This boat, for the next two hours is a guaranteed safe zone. After that, your trials will begin. Get acquainted with each other. Choose a leader. Prepare. I am counting on you.
I am one of the few of my brothers and sisters who believes that Isochronic lifeforms may be able to succeed where we have failed. Do not prove me wrong. Lockheart may be able to communicate with me through his watch"
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:29:18 PM
At 4/3/2012 4:26:48 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/3/2012 4:24:49 PM, Viper-King wrote:
I nominate Budda to be our leader.

((Sigh. You don't even know who he is...))

lol Anyways, let's character claim.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:29:31 PM

Walks over to airmax and grabs his had

Greetings, my fair lady. The heat swelters in this great contraption May I offer you a drink? My butler can fetch one for you.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:31:03 PM
At 4/3/2012 4:29:31 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Greetings, my fair lady. The heat swelters in this great contraption May I offer you a drink? My butler can fetch one for you.

Ur a guy now?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:31:44 PM
At 4/3/2012 4:29:31 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

((Woops I forgot to mention your butler coming with you. Thanks for reminding me))

James, with the decorum he reserves only for his lordship, quietly asks you: "It has been a long time since I was in the navy, but I believe that the cargo hold might contain some supplies. Shall I check for you my lord?"
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:32:23 PM
Hello my friends, let's play out this tale. Though looking at me may make you pale.
I admit, I'm big, and cannot fit in a wagon. I must reveal I'm a very old dragon.
kfc
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:33:00 PM

"I have no idea why your talkin that way, but you already know me :)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:33:13 PM
*Through the mist, one can just about make out the sound of one bird remarking to another bird how VK seems the likeliest candidate for replacement*
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 4:34:02 PM
At 4/3/2012 4:33:13 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
*Through the mist, one can just about make out the sound of one bird remarking to another bird how VK seems the likeliest candidate for replacement*

Why? NO!!!