Jump to topic:

Official DDO mafia noob awards

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 3:31:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have been wanting to make this for a while, as I have been impressed with a few things I have been seeing in the mafia games lately. I have been around here since the very first mafia game, so witnessing it grow the way it did here, really is quite awesome. People love mafia, and the more people that try it out, the more people we have actively playing it = more fun for everyone. We have a great adopt-a-noob program, and beginner games, that are extremely helpful in getting more people into the games as well.

So for this thread, I wanted to award the noobs that I have watched become "good" players.

First and formost, I award:

ZARADI

I really got to give it to this kid, it's hard to think he was ever a noob. I was in the beginner game where he first played mafia, and he seemed to grasp the concept really quickly. Next thing I know, he's playing in the big leagues. Zaradi is an imposing mafia player who isn't afraid to pressure anyone, and adds great insight and discussion to the games. It's extremely safe to say that at this point, he is far from being a noob. Out of most mafia noobs I have seen, I think he transitioned from noob, to really good the fastest. So good job Zaradi, it's great to have you in our mafia games!

HCP

Another one I was fairly impressed with. HCP is an active player who will always add good insight and discussion to the mafia games. He generally knows his stuff about mafia, and I am really impressed with his analytical play style. I am also going to give him some extra props on his first modded game. I feel he balanced really well for it being his first game. Balancing a mafia game can be one of the more difficult tasks about arranging a game. His game mechanics were good, his modding style was good, and the entire game was over all splendid. I don't think too many people could complain that his game was "unfair" in any way. HCP has learned a lot about mafia and has implemented great playing skills throughout his time here on DDO, so for that, we thankyou!

JORDAN56

Jordan is another one I have been impressed with. I saw him in the beginner games doing well, and eventually when he started transitioning into the bigger games, noticed he was doing even better. Jordan is one of those who generally get's better every game (as you can tell with him surviving so long in the HCP game). Jordan plays pro-town well, doesn't seem to make hasty decisions, and will weigh situation's out perpetually before making decisions. I think it is easy to say that Jordan is a splendid player! Thanks for playing with us!

BUDDAMOOSE

I am excited about buddamoose, as he is an intelligent DDOer. Budda will not give up for any reason in a mafia game, which can be a difficult task especially when you have mulptiple sources of pressure on you. Budda will go to great lengths to prove his innocence, and will also stand by his beliefs. I believe this is around his 3rd or 4th big game, but each game I have watched him play in, he seems to be getting better and better. I really hope that budda becomes one of the consistently active players, and joins and plays more games, as he is a good player to have in a game. With that said, Join the dark side! (The mafia nerds side that is.)

AIRMAX1227

Airmax is increasingly getting better at mafia I have noticed as well. I am extemely anticipated to see what sort of new changes to his game, and other additions he will make to his play style. Airmax is one of those players who is hard to predict, which is why I feel he is becoming quite a name for the mafia games.
Keep playing airmax, and thanks for the fun games!

NON-ENTITY

Non-entity has been joining a few games as of late, and I must say she has been doing really well. One example is the HP game. She was on the verge of being lynched multiple times, and managed to shake off the lynch each time. I give her massive props there, as that must have been extremely difficult. She continued to do well throughout the game and went from #1 suspected to one of the best townies on her team. Next we can look at how she kicked butt in the pokemon game. While she was inactive for a good part of it, taking and bussing another mafia member can be extremely difficult, as numbers are everything to the mafia, and one negative result from an investigative role, can throw the whole plan meaningless. So I give even more massive props to how well she played in this game. She was conservative in her play style, and managed to fool the town perfectly, in a game where town so easily (under normal circumstances) would have won. Non-entity I feel, is going to be a new force to be reckoned with in the mafia games.

Those are all the awards I have for now. If any one else has noticed any noobs, that stound out to you, please feel free to notate them in this forum and give them the proper recognition they deserve. Also if you are a noob that was not posted in this forum, it doesn't really mean anything. I just posted a few of them that I specifically noticed most.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 3:37:41 AM
Nonentity is experienced, she just went away for a while.

Agree with the list btw. The good thing is that the players on it are active.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 3:43:59 AM
At 4/5/2012 3:37:41 AM, BlackVoid wrote:

I assumed she was newer. Huh.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 4:01:59 AM
Thanks for the kind words TUF... I think that my unpredictability is mostly just a lack of any real skill, but with more experience I'm starting to understand the strategy better.
Debate.org Moderator
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 11:52:50 AM
At 4/5/2012 11:47:32 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You forgot about me! I'm a n00b!

PSh yeah, totally. The biggest noob here!!
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 11:56:54 AM
At 4/5/2012 3:43:59 AM, TUF wrote:
At 4/5/2012 3:37:41 AM, BlackVoid wrote:

I assumed she was newer. Huh.

Haha thanks for the nod!! But yeah, I've been playing mafia for quite some time now. My first games were askbob's beginner games and I think that was nearly two years ago. I just play sporadically because of the school year, plus I don't like to join games of which I know nothing about (I only knew like 3 of the Pokemon in that game lol)
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 12:14:49 PM
I made the list... Sweet
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 12:23:16 PM
At 4/5/2012 11:58:15 AM, nonentity wrote:
Actually, I played in my first beginner game when bluesteel played his second. So I'm only as noob as bluesteel :p

Interesting! Geuss your not a noob at all then!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 2:47:31 PM
I'm surprised I didn't get the "Go Fu<K yourself for being so bad award"
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 2:51:27 PM
I don't see it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 2:53:19 PM
At 4/5/2012 2:42:46 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Wow. I'm dissappointed in you, TUF. LOL Unless I'm not a noob.

Nah you were playing in big games for a while. Just because you play like a noob, doesn't mean you qualify as one! :p JK VK
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 2:54:00 PM
At 4/5/2012 2:53:19 PM, TUF wrote:
At 4/5/2012 2:42:46 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Wow. I'm dissappointed in you, TUF. LOL Unless I'm not a noob.

Nah you were playing in big games for a while. Just because you play like a noob, doesn't mean you qualify as one! :p JK VK

LOL I am not a newb.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 3:12:07 PM
At 4/5/2012 2:56:56 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Thanks for the kind words :) Really appreciate it.

Your a good mafia player!
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 10:20:08 PM
At 4/5/2012 10:18:55 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Agreed with TUF. Especially on Zaradi: He is an amazing player. He is the next Drafterman.

o.o then you clearly didn't see the 8.1 games. Specifically DP4 and 5 xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 10:21:10 PM
At 4/5/2012 10:20:08 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Agreed with TUF. Especially on Zaradi: He is an amazing player. He is the next Drafterman.

IRK!? I deserve to be praised!! This is like the gratest mafia game evah in my oppinion. xD
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 10:21:35 PM

Yeah, he plays like he's played for months and months, though it really only been about a month and a half i think.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 10:55:44 PM
At 4/5/2012 10:20:08 PM, Zaradi wrote:

You got lynched by players that weren't even in the game haha.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.